Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Announced for 11/2!

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv-entertai...efield-3-a-lot-less-exciting-115875-23514110/

Right outta the fuckin' blue, Rockstar has announced on their website that GTAV is on it's way, and that the first trailer is going to drop on November 2nd.

Celebrate in here. Fuckyes, can't wait. I never got to play Part IV because of lack of funds and PS3 but now that my buddy has one I should be able to play this one. Rad. Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3 just got a swift kick to the nuts though, sucks for them.

When it's GTA, yeah, they do. Twitter and Facebook just exploded about this like 20 minutes ago. GTA is huge, huge, huge business man.

So much win. I have no idea what they're going to do but the one-two punch of GTA IV and RDR has convinced me that Rockstar are the best developers in the world, and I can't see this being anything less than phenomenal.

There's pretty much no material to speculate on where the game will be set, other than the logo, and it's hard to read anything off of it. The V kind of looks like a dollar bill? Not really a whole lot.

My pure, unfounded speculation argues for a return to Vice City, building the city from Miami in the same way that NYC became Liberty City. But perhaps they'll give us a new city entirely? You have to avoid making it feel too much like any others, and it has to have some historic crime roots. Chicago, maybe? Who knows.

Incredibly excited about this.

Yes, sadly, some people thrive on trailers. I personally wait to play the damn games before I get all wet for them, but meh...to each their own I guess.

To be honest, Saints Row has been the better sandbox franchise for a while now. Curious to see if Rockstar is going to try and pound us into the dirt with another GTA 4 style sob story or if they'll go back to San Andreas style epicness.

Also, perhaps Vegas? That might fit in with the V looking like a dollar. Also V for five, V for Vegas...

DirtyJosé;3491620 said:
To be honest, Saints Row has been the better sandbox franchise for a while now. Curious to see if Rockstar is going to try and pound us into the dirt with another GTA 4 style sob story or if they'll go back to San Andreas style epicness.

I disagree with the Saints Row thing, and that's coming from a fan of both series. Saints Row is a lot of fun, but GTA is the much more compelling story, and the grittier gameplay wins me over more than Saints Row's comedy heavy style.

I think they're going to continue with the heavy story that we saw in GTA4, but moved to a new location. Not sure if we're going to go back in time to an 80s Miami beach or stay in the now and hit up San Andreas again, but I can't wait to see what the trailer reveals.

Awesome news. I doubt it but here is hoping that they leave Liberty City for this one, I would love for them to revisit San Andreas or even do something different and take it somewhere they haven't done before, maybe even out of the US

There were rumours before E3 that this would be a WiiU launch title.

Awesome news. I doubt it but here is hoping that they leave Liberty City for this one, I would love for them to revisit San Andreas or even do something different and take it somewhere they haven't done before, maybe even out of the US

Like London? ;)

I just don't dig the heavy handedness of GTA4's storytelling approach. Babysitting is not my idea of a good time. Gritty and grime are things that have done to death in the last few years of gaming; it may have felt fresh by the time GTA4 was made, but it's been played out as fuck. You can tell a great story and still keep some light heartedness to it, as San Andreas showed us. At the end of the day, this is a genre of gaming that opened up to worldwide popularity because of the fun it put into your hands, and in my opinion Saints Row has done a better job of giving that to people instead of trying to force in a SERIOUS BUSINESS story to go with it which fights against the nature of what a game like this should be on every level.

I would like to see them do something like they did with London 1969, but that was back when the game was an overhead view a 3D version would be awesome.

I personally prefer the 2D top down versions but I'm weird like that.

I personally prefer the 2D top down versions but I'm weird like that.

I don't prefer the 2D top down version but I do enjoy it quite a bit, I had a blast completing the 1st 2 GTA games and London 1969, took a lot of hours away from my childhood.

I've never been excited for a video game trailer, but it's GTA. So yeah, I can't wait.

The more I think about it, the more I think it will be set in the Great Depression, probably Chicago. The V just reminds me of that time.

RJD8GM3S.jpg

Yoshi%20do%20Super%20Mario.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back