The rules and stuff/ Ask a question.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
I'll explain the ins and outs. The following 100 games made the top 100 seeds, if your game's not there you still have a chance. Here's the list in alphabetical order:

007 Goldeneye (N64)
Age of Empires 2
Assassin's Creed II
Banjo Kazooie
Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3)
Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Championship Manager 01/02 (PC/Mac)
Chrono Trigger
Civilization II
Contra (NES)
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex
CRAWL - Stone Cold Soup (PC)
Dead Space 2
Demon's Souls (PS3)
Deus Ex
Donkey Kong 64
Donkey Kong Country II
Dragon Quest VIII
Duke Nukem 3D
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Elite (ZX Spectrum)
Fallout 3
FIFA 08
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA)
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Gears Of War
Gears of War II
God Of War
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand theft auto IV
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Half Life 2
Halo
Ico
Jet Force Gemini
Kingdom Hearts
Legend of dragoon (ps1)
Magicland Dizzy (ZX Spectrum)
Mario Kart 64
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Arcade)
Mass Effect (X-Box 360)
Mega Man Battle Network 2 (GBA)
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 3
Need for speed Most Wanted ( PC)
Okami
Paladin’s Quest
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Pokemon Black/White (DS)
Pokemon Blue, Red, and Yellow
Pokemon Gold (GBC)
Pokemon Stadium
Pong
Portal 2
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (PS2)
Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within
Punch-Out!! (NES)
Red Dead Redemption
Resident Evil 4
Shadow of Colossus
Shenmue
Shining force II
Simpsons Hit & Run (PS2)
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis)
Sonic the Hedgehog CD (PC CD Rom)
Soul Calibur
Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic (PC)
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (N64)
Street Fighter 2 (SNES/Arcade/Genesis)
Super Bomberman
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Super Nintendo)
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Smash Bros Melee (GCN)
Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube)
Tetris
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GCube)
The World Ends With You (DS)
Tony Hawks Pro Skater (PS1/N64)
Uncharted 2
Worlds Apart (PC)
WWE Smackdown Here Comes the Pain
WWF No Mercy
WWF Smackdown 2

Now if a game got more than 2 points it gets a chance to get through the next round. These were placed alphabetically and I just went theough the list 1-13. That is how the drawing happened for the pre tourney tourney.

Full rules will be updated in due course.

If you post a spoiler for a game no matter how old the game is you will receive an infraction unless it's in a spoiler tag. There are a ton of games in the tournament that I'm sure a lot of people haven't played and would wnat to give a try due to the great posts about said game, so don't spoil it for them.

No Ghostbusters PS3? Seriously how did that happen. I was sure it was on numerous lists. As was Jonah Lomu Rugby, Mickey and Donalds World of Illusion, Resident Evil II.
Are there another 11 qualifying rounds? (to make it up to 124 and a straight knockout)

The organisers pick 5 games not on the list adding 15 in total making a grand total of 128 games.

Micjet abd Donalds world of illusion is on one of the pre tourney rounds, with only myself and you having it on their list.

EDIT it was Draw 12, you voted against it.

Crescendo didn't make it. :( I suppose now would be as good a time as any to mention that it was a hentai game.

I'm still baffled by the complete absence of Quake - don't think it even made a single list. Other than that it's a pretty damn awesome list.

It's gotta be said Lee, you've done a damn fine job with this thing logistically. Looks like everyone who participated is going to have a fair few favorites in there to root for. I get a couple of Spectrum games, a text based adventure and a roguelike. Bloody good show.

I did?

* Goes to look *

Fuck! Still, I'm not sure I would have voted it over the 2 I mentioned. I'm surprised that Resident Evil got in but not II which I thought everyone agreed was better.

when will the actual tournament start? I noticed the polls in the pre tourney votes end on May 30th, so will the official tourney start immediately after, or will you wait a while?

As asked in rep:
Why is batman arkham asylum only for ps3? is it different to the Xbox one? or a typo?

It means that I've just copied and pasted the list from what people sent, some people said *game*(console) and others just said game. It will be sorted out when we get our final 128.

Today. About half 9 BST time (half 4 EST)

The proper tournament won't start tomorrow but some day this week...keep tuned in!

There is no criteria that I know of, but something to consider would be whether you played both or all games available in the poll. I hate when people vote for one game over another just because they never played the one it is against.

As far as I know, Lee wanted to get this going in the first week of June and we are just about on that schedule. I would look for it to be gin officially over the next couple of days. The hard part has been done, with some great work from Lee, and now all there is left is to enjoy.

At the latest Saturday, but to be fair I have a day off today so I may even get them up later. Just need to sort regions out etc.

New rule added:

If you post a spoiler for a game no matter how old the game is you will receive an infraction unless it's in a spoiler tag. There are a ton of games in the tournament that I'm sure a lot of people haven't played and would wnat to give a try due to the great posts about said game, so don't spoil it for them.

Remember there are different rules for the final, please abide by them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back