Your Favorite Game from a Specific Genre

DarksideEric

Call me "Hadouken." I'm ↓→ fierce.
Let's have a bit of a discussion/"game", shall we?

Here's what we'll do, I'll start off with a game genre and tell my favorite game of said genre, then I'll list another genre that the next poster after me can talk about. The poster after me can talk about the same genre I discussed and then the one I listed, then they can give another genre to the next poster if they want. You can repeat genres if you wish so we're not always stuck on the same thing, you can also (if you like) restrict some games (because we all know Dagger's going to list Final Fantasy :p) to get more discussion. Make sense?

My Genre
Puzzle Games

My favorite puzzle game is the PSP game Lumines, not so much for the puzzle aspects of it really (despite them being really simple and solid) but actually more so for the environment you play it in. I really, really dig the evolving visuals and music and find it helps me keep playing more than the actual game play itself at times. If you've not played Lumines I suggest you do at least once.

Your Genre (the one you talk about after you reply to Puzzle Games)
Rhythm Games

Rhythm games. Ah, yes. You've got the right guy for this one.

A younger me would have said Guitar Hero, but I've come to realise the limitations of that series (in musical genre especially) which keep me from liking it as much.

Currently I'd have to go for REFLEC Beat, because of its unique gameplay, the practically impossible-not-to-enjoy 2-player, and its music selection.

GET READY FOR THE NEXT GENRE:
One-on-one 3D fighting

Well no one else has responded to this thread in awhile so I guess I'll give it a go despite the picked genre not really being my cup of tea. Besides, I almost never come to this section of the forums so it'll be a breath of fresh air for me.

I'm guessing since the genre is one on one 3D fighting, that eliminates Super Smash Bros Melee since that would've been my first answer had it not been for the specific "one on one." I'll pick Soul Calibur II on the Nintendo Gamecube if only because it was one of the first Gamecube games I picked up all those years ago and I thought the graphics were were good and the soundtrack was even better. Gameplay was relatively simple to pick up although I never figured out how to execute those more complex combos. It didn't hurt that I got to play as Link. It was tons of fun having tournaments with this game and getting my nostalgia fix to an extent.

Anyway, next genre.

Beat 'em up/hack and slash

Favorite beat-me-up is Streets of Rage 2 on sega genesis. Still play that game to this day on a semi regular basis. Great soundtrack, visuals, gameplay. It's nice stress relief.

Next genre
wrestling game, since this is a wrestling forum, after all

Favorite beat-me-up is Streets of Rage 2 on sega genesis. Still play that game to this day on a semi regular basis. Great soundtrack, visuals, gameplay. It's nice stress relief.

Next genre
wrestling game, since this is a wrestling forum, after all

My favorite wrestling game is easily WWF No Mercy for the 64.

The entire saga of THQ/AKI games were amazing and the last one (unfortunately :( ) was solid proof as to why. Great gameplay, great creative mode, great visuals at the time. Just overall amazingly fun.

Next Genre:

Game based on motion control.

Game based on motion control.

Wii Sports, without a doubt. Motion control peaked with the Wii's pack-in game. It was fun solo and an absolute blast with friends. The motion controls were responsive and the required actions mimicked their real-life counterparts wonderfully. Simple, accessible, and one of the few motion control games to make good the heightened interactivity the genre can provide.

Next:

point and click adventure games

The Secret Of Monkey Island. It is a game that needs to be experienced with as little prior knowledge as possible in order to fully immerse yourself into the quirky, innovative world of the game. At the time of its release, the graphics and sound were outstanding, as was the core gameplay, and the fact that he has aged perfectly is a testament to how truly great this game is. Along with a great sense of humour, it's easy to see why so many love this game.

Next genre: First Person Shooter.

Next genre: First Person Shooter.

IGI 2: Covert Strike.
This was the game that redefined first person shooter for me and my friends. Not Call of Duty, not Medal of Honor, not Delta Force, nothing but this. We had played the first installment "Project IGI: I'm Going In" before, but this was totally new, exciting and more adrenaline pumping than anything else. We'd spend lots of money on the gaming cafes for this. Ah, the good old days!

Next Genre:
RACING!!!

Next Genre:
RACING!!!

Let's take it to a whimsical place that had evil wizard pigs, talking clocks, and racially offensive genie elephants. Diddy Kong Racing for the N64. The music was great, the arenas were better, and there was so much pleasure in shooting a rocket at that little mouse bitch.

It had an interesting adventure mode and you got to race in either a car, a hovercraft, or a plane. There was a hidden key in each of the 4 or so courses that unlocked the Boss Stages. Had a decent plot for a racing game.

Next Genre:
Tycoon Games.

☮ Spidey ✌;4951455 said:
Next Genre: Tycoon Games.

Well damn... that's a tough one.

Uh... can it just be any kind of Sim game or does it have to be like Railroad Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon, etc?

If it's any kind of Sim game, I really liked the original Sims game a lot, but I've often just been terrible at games like SimCity or any kind of the mobile spin offs that I have like Game Developer Story and such. I'm just bad at them. :(

>>;

Next Genre: Western RPG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back