• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Glass Ass: The OFFICIAL JGlass Thread

Sooooo we go to the club tonight.

One dude randomly stumbles towards me while the rest of my group is away from the table, not knowing if I gotta throw down or what the fuck, rabdomly gives me a hug and walks away.

About 30 minutes later the dude he was talking to walks up to me, puts his arm around me, kinda rubs my back while I suppress the urge to throw a kimura on him and tells me to go get her. What I have deduced through brilliant alcoholic intuiton is that I knew the two girls they were there with and they must have been talking about me. I don't have any other logical explanation for why the fuck I'm the guy to go to at the club when their game isn't up to par.

Miso soup is great. There's a great sushi place in my town that puts bits of tempura crumbs in it.

That sounds delicious. I had some great sushi a few months ago, very expensive, so it's one of those 'once a year' places. There's a less expensive, but still decent one close to my house though.

Nothing compares to Tuna Town in Huntington Beach California but we have a Kobe's that's pretty solid here. King Crab Crunch rolls are my favorite paired with Sweet Potato Tempura. I also like straight up sushi of various kinds.

Nothing compares to Tuna Town in Huntington Beach California but we have a Kobe's that's pretty solid here. King Crab Crunch rolls are my favorite paired with Sweet Potato Tempura. I also like straight up sushi of various kinds.

Unagi [eel], which is this...

eel_sushi.jpg

Is my favorite.

have you ever had spider rolls? I think those are made with crab.

Sooooo we go to the club tonight.

One dude randomly stumbles towards me while the rest of my group is away from the table, not knowing if I gotta throw down or what the fuck, rabdomly gives me a hug and walks away.

About 30 minutes later the dude he was talking to walks up to me, puts his arm around me, kinda rubs my back while I suppress the urge to throw a kimura on him and tells me to go get her. What I have deduced through brilliant alcoholic intuiton is that I knew the two girls they were there with and they must have been talking about me. I don't have any other logical explanation for why the fuck I'm the guy to go to at the club when their game isn't up to par.

That, or they were just fucking with you.

I went to a bar last night where my friend was hosting karaoke. I drove, so I was unable to get properly liquored up to participation levels, but I still had a blast watching people. There were actually two very talented girls that sang Christina Aguelara's "Beautiful," and some song from the 80s I don't know the name of (the chorus is something like, "I wanna dance with somebody. I wanna feel the heat with somebody."), and then one guy sang a pretty rocking rendition of "Sister Christian." Other than that the singers ranged from hilarious (one guy sang a Frank Sinatra song as he danced around the stage with a glass of whiskey in his hand) to awful (one guy picked Landslide, an already depressing song, and totally butchered it), to unimpressive but fun because it got the whole place involved (a pair of girls stumbled their way through Alannis Morrisette's You Oughta' Know).

Then we got some amazing hamburgers at this place called Tasty Burger near Fenway Park. They were legitimately some of the best burgers I've ever eaten.

That was my first night going out since I've been back in Boston, and while I wouldn't say it was a great night by any means, it was definitely a good time. I've been having a little bit of trouble fully settling in for one reason or another, but going out and hitting up some old spots definitely helped me feel more at home.

Hey JGlass, you're the Orange is the New Black fan on the forums right?

One of many, but likely one of the bigger ones. I've been watching it for a second play through with a buddy who hasn't seen it yet, and it's still glorious.

One of many, but likely one of the bigger ones. I've been watching it for a second play through with a buddy who hasn't seen it yet, and it's still glorious.

I'm about half way through the first season. I haven't been this addicted to a show since Breaking Bad, but I'm not entirely sure why I like it so much.

I'm about half way through the first season. I haven't been this addicted to a show since Breaking Bad, but I'm not entirely sure why I like it so much.

It's just an amazing blend of comedy, drama, romance, thriller, and social commentary. Also, every single character is extraordinarily well developed which is almost unbelievable considering there are severeal dozen characters that regularly get screen time. And to top it all off, the acting is just outstanding. I can't think of a single actor on that show that doesn't do a fantastic job, and Taylor Schilling seems like she was born to play Piper Chapman.

My friend and I just watched The Chickening yesterday, and that episode has one of my favorite lines in the show.

Piper: Why? Because all black people like fried chicken?
Red: Don't be racist. It's because they're all on heroin.

That was my thought. There was nothing particularly great about it but I went through it all in two days and really seemed to enjoy it.

Though it could have something to do with the fact that I had nothing else I could do.

That's probably why I can't put my finger on why I like it, there's no one thing, it all just works well together. The concept itself is something that really intrigues me, it's something that's never been done like this. Also, I love Taylor Schilling, she reminds me of a younger Amy Poehler.

I'm hoping it gets some Emmy love next year, since House of Cards got some nods.

My friend and I just watched The Chickening yesterday, and that episode has one of my favorite lines in the show.

Piper: Why? Because all black people like fried chicken?
Red: Don't be racist. It's because they're all on heroin.

That was good, but this was my favorite from that episode

Red: All I wanted was to eat the chicken that was smarter than the other chickens..... and absorb its power.

.... and may this haunt your dreams

tumblr_mq947xA0Cr1re0c97o1_500.gif

I laughed so hard when Red looked at the girl who mentioned that she'd tried the gravy before throwing it out. Priceless.

That was fantastic.

I really think what makes this show great is the cast and how they deliver in each scene. Relatively all of the cast is unknown from anything else. So each character is new and they do a fantastic job at making you connect fast. So it is very easy to get right into the story.

Plus some of the best moments are just a facial expression or tone of a line. Like, "I threw my pie for you." Classic.

Just got home from The Wolverine, it was pretty fucking great. I'd say it's probably rank it as 3rd favorite out of all the movies in the X-men franchise so far (right after X-2 & First Class, and those top 3 are all pretty close).

I was gonna go see Wolverine today, then I realized im broke. Let me down gently bc I still hurt a bit over the last one- do I need to worry? Did they mangle anything too bad?

Also, I just saw the trailer for 47 Ronin. Visually great looking so far. I hope for good things.

oh, and this:

New Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3. I cant wait to play those games. I really want to see what the new Kinect can do with the zombie AI. Very promising future for use in the horror\survival genre if it works as well as planned.

I was gonna go see Wolverine today, then I realized im broke. Let me down gently bc I still hurt a bit over the last one- do I need to worry? Did they mangle anything too bad?

I liked it, a significant improvement over Origins (not that that would ever take much). There was something that happens at the beginning of the movie that left me thinking "seriously? he can survive THAT?!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back