• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Glass Ass: The OFFICIAL JGlass Thread

Then we got some amazing hamburgers at this place called Tasty Burger near Fenway Park. They were legitimately some of the best burgers I've ever eaten.
They damn well better have been, with a name like Tasty Burger
That was my first night going out since I've been back in Boston, and while I wouldn't say it was a great night by any means, it was definitely a good time. I've been having a little bit of trouble fully settling in for one reason or another, but going out and hitting up some old spots definitely helped me feel more at home.
I think I know why.
If I was running a bank, I wouldn't be crashing on my friend's futon in a house with no air conditioning and five roommates.
Hard to get comfortable living in a new city (even though you went to school there living there is a whole different animal, trust me I did the exact same thing). And even harder to get comfortable when you're sleeping on a futon at a friends house with no AC and 5 roomates. That sounds like the exact opposite of comfortable. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, just that getting comfortable shouldn't be all that easy in that type of situation.

I think I know why.

Hard to get comfortable living in a new city (even though you went to school there living there is a whole different animal, trust me I did the exact same thing). And even harder to get comfortable when you're sleeping on a futon at a friends house with no AC and 5 roomates. That sounds like the exact opposite of comfortable. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, just that getting comfortable shouldn't be all that easy in that type of situation.

I agree, but that's just one of a few reasons. I'm also in a new part of Boston, and after knowing my area inside and out for the past like, 16-18 years of my life (assuming I started to figure out the layout of my town when I was 5), and I have almost no clue how to get around this new area. I've had to use my GPS to get to places that I've been to about a million times, but I've never been there from here.

Another thing I miss is having a fridge and pantry full of food that I can eat. The fridge and pantry are both full here, but of food that I can't eat because it's owned by somebody else. My parents don't care if I dive into their leftovers, but here I could get eviscerated for it.

I cannot wait to read your KC5 Tag Match guys.

All four of you have had some of the better RP's I have read this year. While I am sad to see Saxton go, I am glad Doc shared him with us here. Truly an awesome character.

Im pulling for your team Crock, but I would not be sad if the champs went out on top.

Either way, this show is shaping up to be fantastic and I cant wait.

I agree, but that's just one of a few reasons. I'm also in a new part of Boston, and after knowing my area inside and out for the past like, 16-18 years of my life (assuming I started to figure out the layout of my town when I was 5), and I have almost no clue how to get around this new area. I've had to use my GPS to get to places that I've been to about a million times, but I've never been there from here.

Wait, why are you saying you've been there 16-18 years. Aren't you in Boston, and aren't you from Jersey? I'm confused. Granted it could be the alcohol intake. Devil Springs is fun to mix into Long Island Iced Teas (and Ice Cream too).

Oh, and of course you use a GPS, you're in Boston.
LOL-New-York-vs.-Boston.jpg

Another thing I miss is having a fridge and pantry full of food that I can eat. The fridge and pantry are both full here, but of food that I can't eat because it's owned by somebody else. My parents don't care if I dive into their leftovers, but here I could get eviscerated for it.
Yeah, the whole fridge thing sucks big-time. I lived on my own when I moved out, and I had the exact opposite problem. Keeping the fridge stocked is relatively annoying. As is the little things like trying to figure out what to cook for supper (even harder when most of the meat you purchase ends up getting frozen like I did, I'd have to think about dinner the night before).

However the pros to living outside of your parents house far outweigh the cons.

I may be making a trip up to Boston sometime in the future. One of my residents that we've had since the beginning pretty much is moving with her family up there. My mom insist that we take a weekend vacation up there to visit. My first thought? Gotta visit J.

Wait, why are you saying you've been there 16-18 years. Aren't you in Boston, and aren't you from Jersey? I'm confused. Granted it could be the alcohol intake. Devil Springs is fun to mix into Long Island Iced Teas (and Ice Cream too).

Okay, so at 5 I moved to a town that was about 5 minutes away from my old town, and from a very young age I was able to figure out the general layout of that area. By the time I was 18 I was able to navigate to just about anywhere within half an hour of my town. Then I went to college, and after a few months I was pretty well versed with Northeastern, Back Bay, the South End, and pretty much any part of Boston between Mission Hill and TD Bank Garden. I still know that area pretty well, but now I'm pretty far Southwest of Northeastern, and I don't have a good handle on how to get between here and there yet.

And yes, the maze of streets that is Boston does not make matters any easier. You should see the route I have to take to get downtown.

Yeah, the whole fridge thing sucks big-time. I lived on my own when I moved out, and I had the exact opposite problem. Keeping the fridge stocked is relatively annoying. As is the little things like trying to figure out what to cook for supper (even harder when most of the meat you purchase ends up getting frozen like I did, I'd have to think about dinner the night before).

I could definitely handle stocking my own fridge and pantry. Grocery shopping is my jam.

However the pros to living outside of your parents house far outweigh the cons.

Agreed. I just look forward to having my own place one day. Gonna be a while, though.

I may be making a trip up to Boston sometime in the future. One of my residents that we've had since the beginning pretty much is moving with her family up there. My mom insist that we take a weekend vacation up there to visit. My first thought? Gotta visit J.

Hopefully it's after September when I have my own place and I've got a few new spots that I can take you to. Or maybe I can take you to one of the old spots. There are no shortage of bars and restaurants that can quench our thirst and satiate our hunger.

Hopefully it's after September when I have my own place and I've got a few new spots that I can take you to. Or maybe I can take you to one of the old spots. There are no shortage of bars and restaurants that can quench our thirst and satiate our hunger.

Most likely would be. My mom is a "take a vacation in October/November" lady cause no one else does vacation around that time.

Most likely would be. My mom is a "take a vacation in October/November" lady cause no one else does vacation around that time.

Awwww yeahhhhh. When the time comes nearer and your plans are becoming finalized, we should talk details. The possibility of you being able to crash at my place should be one of the many things discussed.

I always read the text at the bottom in a Bostonian (is that right? Or is it just Boston?) accent.

Been ill for the past day and a half; yesterday was a day of invasion PPVs from 01, today it's Orange is the New Black. Highlight so far is seeing Nick Sobotka from The Wire with a beautiful moustache.

All four of you have had some of the better RP's I have read this year. While I am sad to see Saxton go, I am glad Doc shared him with us here. Truly an awesome character.

Im pulling for your team Crock, but I would not be sad if the champs went out on top.

I'm just glad Merk RP'd -- it actually made some people excited for the match. Whatever the outcome is, I'm sure the match will be great.

I appreciate that you enjoyed our RPs, but then you threw your support behind Crock and Merk, so you can go fuck yourself.

Nah I'm just kidding, you're okay kid.

I always read the text at the bottom in a Bostonian (is that right? Or is it just Boston?) accent.

Boston accent. Accents are named after the area they originate from, not the people that have them. I don't know why, but that's the way it is.

Been ill for the past day and a half; yesterday was a day of invasion PPVs from 01, today it's Orange is the New Black. Highlight so far is seeing Nick Sobotka from The Wire with a beautiful moustache.

Pablo Schreiber has a habit of popping up when you least expect him. Here's a picture of him and Kate Mara popping up in a picture with JGlass and friends.

20177_291132814746_2996741_n.jpg

Oh how I love Kate Mara...

Does Sheamus speak with an Ireland accent or an Irish accent?

When it's an area/state/city/county within a country, it's just the name of the area.

But when it's the accent of a specific country, their accent is their nationality.

Sheamus has a Dublin accent. But he also has an Irish accent.

Does Sheamus speak with an Ireland accent or an Irish accent?

When it's an area/state/city/county within a country, it's just the name of the area.

But when it's the accent of a specific country, their accent is their nationality.

Sheamus has a Dublin accent. But he also has an Irish accent.

Yeah, what Blade said.

Oh how I love Kate Mara...

My friends and I argued who was going to get to marry her. I don't think any of us won.

Kate Mara makes me happy to be ginger... just as long as she doesn't do an Emma Stone and confess to being a natural blonde.

Did you happen to ask Schreiber what his feelings were about 'Get Him to the Greek'? If his lip quivered and he muttered, "Uncle Frank" then I'd know Nick Sobotka was real and Pablo Schreiber was an act :)

Edit - Mendez's discussion about moustaches has been one of my favourite moments of Orange.

Just found this on Gawker; Jglass, is this you? :lmao:

I dunno why the fanboys lurve Wolverine's character so much anyway. He's such a fucking asshole. Only a bunch of nerds would call an angry, arrogant jerk with a perpetual scowl on his face a 'badass'. Cyclops is far more interesting. A guy who can shoot weird laser beams from his eyes, is stuck behind sunglasses -even indoors and at night- has to manage and contain Wolverine, while being married to a person who can read minds and is subordinate to another guy who can read minds. That's some weird and intriguing stuff. Compared to this, Wolverine is boring as shit. Yeah so he has claws. The other dude has lasers. Or whatever the hell those beams are supposed to be.

Kate Mara makes me happy to be ginger... just as long as she doesn't do an Emma Stone and confess to being a natural blonde.

Did you happen to ask Schreiber what his feelings were about 'Get Him to the Greek'? If his lip quivered and he muttered, "Uncle Frank" then I'd know Nick Sobotka was real and Pablo Schreiber was an act :)

Edit - Mendez's discussion about moustaches has been one of my favourite moments of Orange.

I don't think we really talked to them. We had just seen Happythankyoumoreplease and congratulated them on the film before asking if we could get our picture taken with them.

Just found this on Gawker; Jglass, is this you? :lmao:

I'd like to think I'm a little more eloquent and insightful than that.

Барбоса;4560561 said:
For me, he is.

Cyclops remains staunchly in my "boring as shit" column. Give me the long-lived, gruff, sarcasm-laden, angst-ridden, bone/metal clawed, wolf man any day.

Granted, I am not a comic book reader so my opinion will be skewed heavily by the Cyclops of the tv show and the movies.

Personality-wise I guess the argument could be made that Wolverine is way cooler than Cyclops. Once you factor in everything else (story, relationships, morals, etc.), though, Cyclops is way more fascinating than Logan, or nearly any other X-Men.

Personality-wise I guess the argument could be made that Wolverine is way cooler than Cyclops. Once you factor in everything else (story, relationships, morals, etc.), though, Cyclops is way more fascinating than Logan, or nearly any other X-Men.

That, and Logan does kinda come off as an asshole.

To me, my favorites have always been Nightcrawler and Colossus. As I grew older, I began to enjoy the internal conflict of the character. Though granted, I like him better as a trickster, and not as a brooding emo kid.

But yeah, Scott never seems like an asshole, just a guy who doesn't get enough credit for what he does

Then why does he come across as such an insufferable "top of the class" prick who is ultimately largely useless in the final battles in the show and movies?

Are his better storylines too difficult and unwieldy to translate well to the big screen? Or is the difficulty of making the leader type in any way relatable or likeable and not tragically boring when there are so many unique characters, particularly those like Logan who do not respect his position of leadership, around him largely insurmountable?

Compared to the animated series, I find the movie Cyclops to be less complex and less likable. Also, Morph...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back