Glass Ass: The OFFICIAL JGlass Thread

It's a shame how bad Pac Rim did here stateside. A real fun movie, and I'm terrified Godzilla is going to flop next year.

King Kong did pretty well, so there's a possibility that, with enough marketing, the studio can probably turn a profit on it.

The '98 Godzilla did pretty well financially, it made almost $380 million off a $130 million budget, that's pretty good for a movie that was universally considered a massive pile of shit.

EDIT: It should be noted that that's a worldwide total, the US total was about $136 million

Today I learned that I am at my most funniest in a group of 6 people, myself included.

Also, this thread wasn't posted in for all of August 13th. When's the last time this thread went unposted in for a full day?

Today I learned that I am at my most funniest in a group of 6 people, myself included.

Also, this thread wasn't posted in for all of August 13th. When's the last time this thread went unposted in for a full day?

Technically where I am it is still Aug. 13th for another 50 mins.

By 'typo' he meant 'I cannot spell and did not want anyone to know- so thanks, now I have to go cut myself.'

If Yaz hurts himself- I will haunt you. So apologize and let him misspell whatever he wants. Shame on you all to point out such a sensitive subject around him.

Dude... so well played!

I give you credit for that. You took my typo and ran with it

tumblr_lsvjyqbsS61r1ssano1_500.gif

So I got an email from the Marketing department of the publisher of my book asking me to fill out a form giving them information about myself and the book so they can drum up interest. It includes several opportunities to furnish them with a mailing list of friends, family, colleagues and companies who I think might be interested in buying or reviewing the book.

Personally, I feel uncomfortable about such propagandising, especially as someone who detests cold calling and spam emails, which is essentially what they are asking me to do, along with signing up for potential book signings and even organising my own events. While I would not have much problem taking part in a book signing, the idea of self-propagandising makes me feel nauseous.

On top of that, it is forcing me to highlight that I have very, very few contacts within academia and that the farming community I live in is hardly the place to be advertising an academically researched work on conflicts that took place in the Middle East 1300 years ago.

Барбоса;4586889 said:
While I accept the hypocrisy of complaining about promoting my book by talking about my book more, I will indulge it further.

The War of the Three Gods: Romans, Persians and the Rise of Islam

Why are used copies of your book selling on Amazon (US) for nearly three times the new book's cost?

In fact, there is one copy available for over $200.

Why are used copies of your book selling on Amazon (US) for nearly three times the new book's cost?

In fact, there is one copy available for over $200.

You think that is bad? There are two copies in the Amazon UK second hand marketplace listed at just shy of £1000!

I imagine it is because there are currently so few copies in the marketplace as a whole that they get tagged as "rare."

Барбоса;4586757 said:
So I got an email from the Marketing department of the publisher of my book asking me to fill out a form giving them information about myself and the book so they can drum up interest. It includes several opportunities to furnish them with a mailing list of friends, family, colleagues and companies who I think might be interested in buying or reviewing the book.

Personally, I feel uncomfortable about such propagandising, especially as someone who detests cold calling and spam emails, which is essentially what they are asking me to do, along with signing up for potential book signings and even organising my own events. While I would not have much problem taking part in a book signing, the idea of self-propagandising makes me feel nauseous.

On top of that, it is forcing me to highlight that I have very, very few contacts within academia and that the farming community I live in is hardly the place to be advertising an academically researched work on conflicts that took place in the Middle East 1300 years ago.

Well, if you want the book to make money, you're probably going to have to do some things that make you uncomfortable. Such is the nature of the publishing industry today. As much as that sucks, I'm sure your newfound wealth will help ease your pain.

Well, if you want the book to make money, you're probably going to have to do some things that make you uncomfortable. Such is the nature of the publishing industry today. As much as that sucks, I'm sure your newfound wealth will help ease your pain.

To be honest, no matter how much promotion I do, I am not going to make any more money beyond what I already have.

As I said, I am not against doing some promotion if it involves talking about the book and the subjects but when it comes to promoting myself and providing a mailing list to essentially bother people is not for me.

What is the title of your book Barbosa? I'll took into getting a copy as well.

It is in the spoiler field a few posts above.

But then again, you're likely much older than me so I'm not fretting. As a personal goal I'm still within the confines of completing my Masters by the time I'm 30.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back