Glass Ass: The OFFICIAL JGlass Thread

Happy Breaking Bad Day Bitches

breaking_bad_cookies_3.jpg

Elsyium was pretty good, that said it fell just shy of my admittedly lofty expectations. I think the world the story is set in was far more interesting then the actual story.

I didn't care for Elysium at all. Nowhere near as good as District 9. Nearly a snore-fest.

Interesting choice using modern day Los Angeles though. I loved that.

Elsyium was pretty good, that said it fell just shy of my admittedly lofty expectations. I think the world the story is set in was far more interesting then the actual story.

I didn't care for Elysium at all. Nowhere near as good as District 9. Nearly a snore-fest.

My opinion was obviously closer to Justin's than it was to Coco's, but I can definitely see why some people would call it a snoozefest. The pacing was some kind of awful and it really failed to suck me into the story.

Interesting choice using modern day Los Angeles though. I loved that.

I actually thought to myself, "Oh, so it's only a few decades in the future then?"

Honestly, I'm just not getting much out of the summer movie season this year. Aside from Mud and The Way Way Back, I can't think of anything I've seen that I really dug. And I've been averaging about one film a week.

It'd be nice if we got some more non-mainstream fare here. Some of us would actually like to see The East!

Honestly, I'm just not getting much out of the summer movie season this year. Aside from Mud and The Way Way Back, I can't think of anything I've seen that I really dug. And I've been averaging about one film a week.

It'd be nice if we got some more non-mainstream fare here. Some of us would actually like to see The East!

I have high hopes for Fruitvale Station.

Did you not see This is the End? I thought that was a riot. Man of Steel wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. But even if you didn't dig those two, I can't see how you weren't thrilled with Star Trek: Into Darkness. I thought that movie was absolutely phenomenal.

I generally don't go to see comedies unless invited by a friend who I enjoy going to see movies with. Laughter doesn't live in my soul, dawg.

Man Of Steel was wank. Sorry, nerds. But it was.

Into Darkness was fine though. If not on par with the first, then close. But still nothing that left me leaving the theatre REALLY pleased. Aside from The Way Way Back, I could forget this entire summer, film-wise.

Top three I've seen: The Way Way Back, Mud, and Iron Man 3 (maybe).

I hope Kick-Ass 2 at least entertains. First one felt like unsubstantial fun a few years ago. But right now, I'd kill for something on that level.

I might check out This Is The End on your recommendation. We have that kind of relationship now. I think.

I liked Elysium a lot. The main baddie was thoroughly entertaining, accent was great.

I want to see Kick Ass 2, reading the comic really got me excited for it, especially if certain scenes are incorporated.

Oh and I met Ricky Steamboat along with other wrestlers at the final day of Comic Con, that guy is really awesome.

Speaking of non-mainstream, I saw From Up On Poppy Hill today. Quaint and uplifting if nothing else. The highly varied but spot on soundtrack is reason enough to enjoy.

Seriously, with the possible exception of Danny McBride, you could randomly swap everybody's dialogue and you'd have the exact same film. Great gimp reveal though.

It's a shame how bad Pac Rim did here stateside. A real fun movie, and I'm terrified Godzilla is going to flop next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back