• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GLAAD

What kills me is how Michael Cole has spent over the last year and a half or so ripping on The Internet, internet fans, Twitter, etc... and now he could be screwed as a result of comments he made on his Twitter..

Remember, a wrestler was fired for choking an announcer with a tie due to unknown outside influence. If GLAAD calls for Cole's dismissal, I could totally see it taking place.

Why though, it's not like he went a year and then came out and apologised and then stepped down/fired. He said sorry almost immediately when he realised how stupid it was. Big deal.

It's nice to see GLAAD having their way within the WWE. It might just maybe allow there to be beutiful rainbows inside the ring, and instead of wrestling they painted pretty pictures of ponies. And title matches were settled in a footsie battle. The worst word you were allowed to say was stupid, and everyone got along with each other.

I'm sure this is every wrestling fan's dream.

No in absolutely no way am I being sarcastic. :lmao:

It's nice to see GLAAD having their way within the WWE. It might just maybe allow there to be beutiful rainbows inside the ring, and instead of wrestling they painted pretty pictures of ponies. And title matches were settled in a footsie battle. The worst word you were allowed to say was stupid, and everyone got along with each other.

Do you even know what GLAAD is? It's the Gay and Lesbian Aliance Against Defination, and they are in no way trying to pacify the WWE's product. Unless, of course, you are being horribly horribly ignorant and assuming that all gay people detest any form of even slightly violent activity and love ponies, and if that's the case I beseech you to remove your head from your ass. As Jose said, the gay audience is starting to emerge as an audience that the WWE wants to target, and what better way to win them over than by partnering with GLAAD?

Do you even know what GLAAD is? It's the Gay and Lesbian Aliance Against Defination, and they are in no way trying to pacify the WWE's product. Unless, of course, you are being horribly horribly ignorant and assuming that all gay people detest any form of even slightly violent activity and love ponies, and if that's the case I beseech you to remove your head from your ass. As Jose said, the gay audience is starting to emerge as an audience that the WWE wants to target, and what better way to win them over than by partnering with GLAAD?

It was a little over the top I agree. I know what they are, I'm just worried that with some of the promos we have been seeing that GLAAD would have them tune it down and ultimately lessen the overall comedy portion of the WWE product. My comment was more out of personal annoynace than any truth.

I'm sure this is every wrestling fan's dream.

No in absolutely no way am I being sarcastic. :lmao:

You came this close...

*puts fingers close together*

To getting some Dave red rep. Until I read your last sentence.

You came this close...

*puts fingers close together*

To getting some Dave red rep. Until I read your last sentence.

Yeah it was a mistake to originally post what I did in the first place and I sort of apolized for it in my second post. I went a little to far in expressing my dislike for GLAAD's involvement.

It was a little over the top I agree. I know what they are, I'm just worried that with some of the promos we have been seeing that GLAAD would have them tune it down and ultimately lessen the overall comedy portion of the WWE product. My comment was more out of personal annoynace than any truth.

Name one promo worth watching that GLAAD would have a problem with? It's not as if the wrestlers drop gay slurs every time they pick up the mic. Worrying that GLAAD is going to have anything more than a nearly invisible effect on the WWE is asinine.

DirtyJosé;2973715 said:
Don't bring kids into this. I've lived in cities with Gay Pride parades, and it's no different than any Mardi Gras I've ever been to. Of course, you don't mention anything about that because it's titties and bros, which is wholesome Americana.

Um, yeah, I did when I said it's not right for heterosexuals to do it either. Or did you miss that part? And don't bring kids into this? Why, do you not give a shit about the kids?

DirtyJosé;2973715 said:
Obviously, you've never been to any (decent) Halloween party/festival.

If by decent you mean people banging each other on a pool table while I'm shooting pool, no, I haven't. And I'm kind of glad I haven't.

DirtyJosé;2973715 said:
"HEY GUYS, I HAVE BLACK FRIENDS TOO!"

Pointing out the differences between a healthy gay relationship as opposed to an overly flamboyant, in your face, fuck you because you're straight gay relationship isn't just throwing it out there to sound cool. It goes w/the point. And fact is fact, so trying to undermine my diversity in friendships is simply juvenile. I say it because it relates to the subject. Plain and simple really.

So because I mention it, all of a sudden it's implausible for me to have diverse friends even when you have no first hand knowledge of the people I know?

DirtyJosé;2973715 said:
"NO, YOU NEED TO GET OVER YOURSELF!"

No, I actually think you do. I'm not telling people not to be gay, so I'm obviously not full of myself by trying to end homosexuality.

DirtyJosé;2973715 said:
Well, it's not. It's just that you are totally wrong. If Michael Cole called Booker T a ****** via twitter, there'd be hell to pay. When it's homosexual slander though, it's no big deal, right? When Mel Gibson makes anti-semitic comments, it's a big deal. When John Cena ribs anyone for being homosexual-like, it's not, right? This is a kids show, believe it or not. The example being set should not be that terms like that, or even the idea that being gay is much of an insult in the first place. Gays being gay isn't disrespecting your lifestyle unless you are a raging homophobe. Oppression, violence, and denial of the basic human rights everyone should have regardless of sexual orientation is.

Oh, please. Now we're on the race thing. And actually, white people call each other "******", so do black people, and white and black people call each other that all the time. The point is, he wasn't calling an open homosexual a ****** so you can't compare calling Booker, a black man, a ******. Different situation altogether.

So what I'm gathering from all this is that it's ok for a gay person to knock on a straight person because they're straight, or a black guy to call a white guy a cracker or honky or whatever because people in the past had a different way of life that we don't abide by any more? It's ok to condemn people who did not commit any of those atrocious actions simply because of their race or gender or sexual orientation? Kind of hypocritical and self-segragating if you ask me, not to mention intolerant. Which, by the way, intolerance is something they're supposed to be against.

And once again, I never said anything about "gays being gay", I said gays being hypocrites and GLAAD simply jumping WWE's case because they're a big corporation. So it's ok for TNA to do it because they "cater to an older audience" (as someone stated) or that they don't have as much exposure as WWE? Sounds like picking and choosing the opportune time to be "noble" and speak up against something. If they were that offended by it's use and negative connotations it wouldn't matter who used it, they would take everybody to task, not just the "big guys".

DirtyJosé;2973715 said:
Once again, get over yourself.

No thank you, I'm not the one that should.

Yes, how dare an organization, which stands up for a group of people who have been oppressed, are denied equal rights under the law, and have acts of violence committed against them simply because of their DNA, be upset because a popular entertainer, who is heard by millions of children, teens and adults every week, used a word which can cause negative attitudes and violent behavior against homosexuals.

We can't have that, now can we? :rolleyes:

So it's fine for gay America to rag on heteros? It happens, so let's not look at one side. Also, there has been violence committed against innocent straight people because homosexuals think every hetero is against them. Let's not worry about that either. The point is that it's a two-edged sword. You can't preach for tolerance and be against violence or discrimination if you're not going to be across the board.

And the whole point was special interest groups being hypocritical. If they weren't, they would have been up in arms in protest about Bully Ray and Scott Steiner using the words on TNA programming. Last I heard, they still had a few "millions of viewers". They did not take TNA to task, so obviously it's not about "the grand and noble cause" they talk about.

Wow! Some people really take this too seriously. Like, seriously seriously.

Name one promo worth watching that GLAAD would have a problem with? It's not as if the wrestlers drop gay slurs every time they pick up the mic. Worrying that GLAAD is going to have anything more than a nearly invisible effect on the WWE is asinine.

Most of Cena's promos these days include one or more gay inference. I personally find it hilarious and enjoy it for the comdey. Believe me I have nothing against gay people, they are very nice people who can sometimes be a little pushy that is all.

His promo this week didn't before I hear that argument.

So it's fine for gay America to rag on heteros?
What the fuck are you talking about? I'm talking about Michael Cole making an inappropriate comment, and GLAAD taking issue with it. What the fuck are you talking about?

It happens, so let's not look at one side.
Yes, and Americans killed Germans in the early 40s. I guess that makes what the Nazis did during the Holocaust okay, right?

Dumbass.

Also, there has been violence committed against innocent straight people because homosexuals think every hetero is against them. Let's not worry about that either. The point is that it's a two-edged sword. You can't preach for tolerance and be against violence or discrimination if you're not going to be across the board.
I'm sorry, I must have missed it where GLAAD came out and supported homosexuals taking up violence against heterosexuals. Could you please source that for us?

And the whole point was special interest groups being hypocritical. If they weren't, they would have been up in arms in protest about Bully Ray and Scott Steiner using the words on TNA programming. Last I heard, they still had a couple "millions of viewers". They did not take TNA to task, so obviously it's not about "the grand and noble cause" they talk about.
How does that make them a hypocrite? Do you even know what the word "hypocrite" means? From this paragraph, I'm guessing not?

Yes, and Americans killed Germans in the early 40s. I guess that makes what the Nazis did during the Holocaust okay, right?

While I agree with you, if I were to be more objective I might say that the scope scale is unfair

Then, if I were to be more anal I'd probably find a better word than scope

Edit: yeah

But here's another thing....

Where do GLAAD come out and say anything? Cole came out said it, apologised. WWE as part of their policy since vince said something looked gay have reinforced this.

Big deal.

God fucking dammit Sly do you ever lose?

No he does not.

On another note, I want this debate on GLAAD to end. It is not worth arguing over because clearly everyone is bringing in their own morals and the debate really isn't going anywhere. Why cannot we all just accept that this has happened and deal with it in each our own ways.

But here's another thing....

Where do GLAAD come out and say anything? Cole came out said it, apologised. WWE as part of their policy since vince said something looked gay have reinforced this.

Big deal.

That's my biggest gripe with all the controversy today. Most of the pro-GLAAD people have been playing the anti-GLAAD voices' game, but GLAAD has in no way been involved with Michael Cole yet. For all we know, Michael Cole typed it and then realized a few minutes later that he made a mistake and deleted it on his free will, which is what he claims happened. Fuck, GLAAD hasn't done anything at all yet, and people are already jumping down their throats. And the people who are pro- GLAAD are the ones who are overreacting? Okay.

I think it is time to be like Switzerland and keep the peace in here. There is no reason for anyone to really start arguing over this until we see signs of GLAAD on WWE programming and people feel it is negatively effecting the WWE. Until then this arguing needs to stop.

I feel sorry for ever posting my first post in here talking negatively towards GLAAD. In no way was it appropriate or true.

Wow this worked.

No he does not.

On another note, I want this debate on GLAAD to end. It is not worth arguing over because clearly everyone is bringing in their own morals and the debate really isn't going anywhere. Why cannot we all just accept that this has happened and deal with it in each our own ways.

If you don't like it, don't read the gorram thread. There's no main page notification that it's being discussed, there's no WZ news program forcing you to take note of it, and I don't see anyone putting quotes from it in their sig. Does it bother you so much that other people are discussing something?

"Oh, look, that person not in the same room as me is wearing a blue shirt, I'd better ask him to take it off even though I can't even fucking see him at the moment"

If you don't like it, don't read the gorram thread. There's no main page notification that it's being discussed, there's no WZ news program forcing you to take note of it, and I don't see anyone putting quotes from it in their sig. Does it bother you so much that other people are discussing something?
It doesn't bother one bit. I'm just annoyed when people are making claims that aren't even true and I read the bullshit that some people say. There are some people on here who have a true hate in Gay people and that is not right. Mintberry I just am not a fan of the comments that are A)supported by nothing but Bullshit, and B) do not like or appreciate rude comments made to people who ar differnt.

"Oh, look, that person not in the same room as me is wearing a blue shirt, I'd better ask him to take it off even though I can't even fucking see him at the moment

What the fuck does this have to do with anything. This is possibly the most illogical response in order to better explain an argument that your not properly arguing, I have seen ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back