• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Getting Antsy

I think it's rather telling of you to say you will always be on the side where the evidence lies. Why do you need that evidence to make up your mind? Can't you just think about something and trust your feelings on a matter, rather than having to have Johnny-5 status input? Are you just that hell bent on never being wrong? That still doesn't keep you from being wrong. Evidence is a matter of opinion and interpretation, it's what you accept as evidence that determines where you stand, every side has their story you just pick which one you like better. It's still having faith, but in different places. I see mans word as flawed, you see what is called the word of God as flawed. You put your faith in man, I put mine in God. Difference of opinion, not difference of fact, you can't prove or disprove God. You can disprove man.

I prescribe to the theory that nothing is absolute fact, I think that's impossible, as a species we are constantly reevaluating and redefining all things, even what we have come to believe is unalterable. To say I put my faith in evidence is an oxymoron, evidence dictates that I do not need faith, because faith is simply the belief and thought without proof. You have faith in a God because there is no reason to believe that to be true, in fact there is reason to believe the opposite, but you still believe in spite of evidence; that's your faith.

Saying I cannot prove or disprove God is such a primitive argument, of course I cannot disprove God. I also cannot disprove Zeus, Thor, or any other plethora of Gods either, why is it that you don't worship them?

It's not too much to handle all the time, but there have been plenty of times where I've been fired upon from so many angles and so many different people that there was almost no way to respond. Not being one to let that fly though, that is where the word fort came from and I guess I just got used to responding to more than one person at a time. Nonetheless when it's that many people bombarding you it is too much to handle, and a person doesn't deserve to be treated that way no matter what they believe or represent for the most part. That's all I've been saying, and trying to get people to do differently. Have some respect for each other, treat people fair, and for God sake have some fun with it.

Every one has to filter through terrible posts and unwarranted comments that aren't relevant to the conversation at all. A lot of people have no idea how to make a proper argument, and therefore resort to tactics such as personal insults and things like that; we both know that. What I don't understand is why you're intent on confronting terrible posters with terrible replies. Could you simply not ignore them and respond to people with legitimate points?

I'm saying this because clearly you're still in prison and you haven't been given your old privileges back, it's very possible that the moderators are waiting until you have shown some inkling that you're not going to let those types of posts get to you anymore. As it stands now, you have more or less stated that you stand by what you did and are rationalizing it, which is the attitude that will keep you in here longer.

Ahhh!!! He got a new avatar!!! Your now officially a prisoner. When the fuck is Lifetime Anal Bitch gonna get one of em?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back