• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Future Releases in the WWE

Great Khali-absolutely horrible and makes everyone wrestling against him look horrible.

Mark Henry-talked about retiring in a year or two. I don't see him in any kind of story line or tagging with anyone as a tagteam. He rarely wrestlers. Get rid of him.

Jillian Hall-when is the last time this girl has wrestled? Move her to Smackdown if you want to keep her.

When the NXT angle ends cut David Ortunga, Heath Slater, and Michael Tarver unless you are going to put him in a tagteam with either JTG or Shad.

Darin Young-is he officiall gone or is it just a storyline?

Jillian just had a match for the Divas title two or three weeks ago. Darren Young was on Raw just this week. I'm assuming either you haven't watched Raw lately.

story line or not, darren young wasnt forced to leave WWE, he was forced to leave Nexus.

The Great Khali will not be future endeavered because he brings too much main stream attention to the WWE. Between his popularity in India and his occassional movie roles, he is still an asset.

These are the people who will eventually be future endeavered:

Kozlov will in my opinion be one of the first to go. WWE loves guys of his size but he offers absolutely NOTHING to the company. Initially it seemed like they tried to give him the Goldburg treatment but he lacks the talent to even be considered a real wrestling threat.

Unless they are reunited as a team to stregnthen the tag team division, both Shad and JTG will be released. It would be great to have them tag again but WWE just doesn't know how to promote the tag division.

We already saw some hints of friction within NEXUS on this past RAW when each member was braging about what they've accomplished. I can see some matches between their members where the loser will be forced to leave the WWE. In which case, Barret, Skip (if he's back from injury by then), and Justin Gabriel wil be the only ones left.

Everyone has already listed the obvious suspects such as JTG, Shad, Primo, Goldust, any diva, etc, etc.

But i'll go out on a limb and say that in a few years we will be saying goodbye to Alberto Del Rio. These kinds of characters have a very short shelf life and its only a matter of time before they become comedy jobbers. Will Alberto really fair any better than Carlito or Santino? All 3 are basically the same character. Carlitos first match he won the US title and got a huge push, while Santino was a legitimate wrestler who held the IC title. Alberto is getting his debut push now, but i doubt he'll fair any better than those 2.

Everyone has already listed the obvious suspects such as JTG, Shad, Primo, Goldust, any diva, etc, etc.

But i'll go out on a limb and say that in a few years we will be saying goodbye to Alberto Del Rio. These kinds of characters have a very short shelf life and its only a matter of time before they become comedy jobbers. Will Alberto really fair any better than Carlito or Santino? All 3 are basically the same character. Carlitos first match he won the US title and got a huge push, while Santino was a legitimate wrestler who held the IC title. Alberto is getting his debut push now, but i doubt he'll fair any better than those 2.

The difference is that Del Rio is Dos Caras Jr. He is an exceptional lucha style wrestler. Hopefully they will allow more of that to shine eventually, if he is turned face down the line, which I hear they plan to do when Mysterio, whose knees are about to give out, retires within a few years. And I don't see the similarity to Carlito or Santino, or even their similarity to each other. Carlito is also a good luchador, go back and watch some of his matches from 2005-2006, especially against RVD. He got lazy.

And Santino is a comedy enhancement talent, who is very good at that particular role. But Del Rio's and Carlito's characters were not at all similar. Carlito was a Puerto Rican cool dude with a bad attitude and an afro who spat apples at people. Del Rio is a rich light-skinned upper class Mexican who acts like there is still Spanish royal nobility and so he is entitled, basically a fresa, if you're familiar with that term.

But anyway, I predict for Del Rio eventually he will be taken off TV for a while after his heel persona has run its course, and he will re-debut with the Dos Caras mask, and nobody will even know it's him except the IWC, or he'll simply start wearing the mask as a symbol of his new respect for his history and the fans, start breaking out the exciting lucha moves, and become an instant face, and he will go on to even bigger success.

I'm going to treat this list as the next "spring cleaning" cuts that WWE would do, rather than the title merger, since that's simply a rumour at present.
Guys that should be released, but will not be, are Yoshi Tatsu and Great Khali, because while they do nothing really, when they do appear they are gold to the WWE in the Asian market. What Cena is to merchandise, those two are to WWE's business in that continent.
Other guys that should be but won't be are Mark Henry, Matt Hardy and Chavo. All three are stagnating, and only move up the card to help someone else get over. And that's why they should stay - they can shift up and down the card, getting people over to elevate them and give them credibilty.
Finlay's been mentioned, but he is too invaluable behind the scenes. Hornswoggle is like friggin catnip to little kiddies, he's not going anywhere.

The guys that should go are Primo, Tyler Reks (unless repackaged and/ or given relevance), Chris Masters, David Otunga, Rosa Mendes, Jillian Hall, Tiffany, Koslov (once the Santino thing fizzles out) and JTG.
Unless they are holding Shad in FCW to make some sort of Cryme Time reunion a surprise. It doesn't look good for JTG. He's going nowhere, and the fact they are still investing time in Shad means that his repackage could still be going ahead.

i wish they would push tatsu and bourne as a team id love to see the gold round there waist. people i hope to see go are
otunga he is a shittttty wrestler who dosent even deserve to clean the wwe toilets he is riding off his wifes coattails. 2 alberto del rio while i think he has great talent i havent seen that lucha in him idk if i missed it but if he is this great lucha star where is his high flying. 3 vickie g. plain and simple i dont like her character 90 percent of what wwe uses her for is hookup role as 4 edge, that puerto rican guy, ziggler hell push her feud more with the gm u can do heel manager roles that dont involve onscreen dating them.
people i bet who go are. 1 primo, 2 jtg, 3 hornswoggle. etc

The difference is that Del Rio is Dos Caras Jr. He is an exceptional lucha style wrestler. Hopefully they will allow more of that to shine eventually, if he is turned face down the line, which I hear they plan to do when Mysterio, whose knees are about to give out, retires within a few years. And I don't see the similarity to Carlito or Santino, or even their similarity to each other. Carlito is also a good luchador, go back and watch some of his matches from 2005-2006, especially against RVD. He got lazy.

And Santino is a comedy enhancement talent, who is very good at that particular role. But Del Rio's and Carlito's characters were not at all similar. Carlito was a Puerto Rican cool dude with a bad attitude and an afro who spat apples at people. Del Rio is a rich light-skinned upper class Mexican who acts like there is still Spanish royal nobility and so he is entitled, basically a fresa, if you're familiar with that term.

I don't disagree with anything you said. My only concern for Alberto is that eventually the fans start to like characters like him as they did w/Carlito and Santino. Fans start to laugh at the facial expressions and the exaggerated accents of these characters. This inevitably leads to a face turn which never works out because the character loses all his cache and seriousness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back