WWE Releases Serena...

Weird. If this is true, it kinda sucks. I think she is a solid diva, and is very good at what they ask her to do in SES.

I haven't seen anything on WWE.com about i yet. Normally, something like this would be put on the Web site before it hits the wrestling sites. But it leads me to remember an incident about five years or so ago when news broke out that Torrie Wilson was released, only for it to be retracted an hour or so later.

But if this is true, then it really makes me wonder what the WWE's hiring and firing policy is all about. It seems like they would rather have supermodels with little to no wrestling experience as opposed to female wrestlers that have busted their asses off on the independent circuits just for the opportunity. Considering what the WWE currently has, it seems that unless you're a flesh-and-blood Barbie doll or a smoking hot ethnic, your chances of succeeding as a diva are slim.

Let's break it down:

Barbies
Maryse
Michelle McCool
Kelly Kelly
Jillian Hall
Tiffany
Jamie Keyes

Ethnics
Melina
Gail Kim
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres
Rosa Mendes
The Bella Twins
Layla

Now, Beth Phoenix, Natalya and Tamina could be considered exceptions. Beth Phoenix and Natalya are blond but wouldn't be considered Barbies while Tamina has an exotic look but she has the same build as both Phoenix and Natalya. But Phoenix has that Chyna appeal to her in which she can challenge the men if she chose to while Natalya and Tamina are descended from wrestling royalty. Now that other new girl, Ashley Valence, she fits neither category so the jury is still out on her.

At least, that's my theory on the whole situation.

But if the WWE only looks for Barbies or ethnics, than why did they release Shelly Martinez, who is a fine piece of ass? It's been said that she had issues with Batista, but they could've resolved them without having to fire her. At the same time, it makes you wonder why they passed up on the likes of Angelina Love and Velvet Sky when they had the chance. Love was fired before getting called up from developmental while Sky audtioned for the Diva Search one year. After all, they're both blond and have great racks. Same goes for Lacey Von Erich who, despite being amazingly hot and descended from wrestling royalty, couldn't wrestle worth a shit and fits the diva mold to a T.

Remember Daniel Bryan was released and now he's back i think it's given her time to grow her hair back and leave SES

I think something serious must have happened in order for her to be released. She was over as Punk’s girl and only just debuted in the ring so for them to let her go just because they were bored with her makes no sense. Something must have happened. She was travelling along very nicely with the SES and looked good in the ring. I’m pretty shocked to be honest, I was looking forward to seeing her get to wrestle more. I was also hoping that when the SES split she would stay with Punk but that’s not going to be happening now.

I just re-watched her tag match on last week Smackdown once I read about her release;

I didn't notice too much out of the ordinary. Serena seemed to no sell a few noticeable moves and looked to be almost struggling to keep up with Botchy Kelly. The only other thing that stuck out was she had her arm around Kelly's head right on the neck. It almost looked like a choking motion but hard to tell.

All speculation. However I dont feel this is such a big blow to WWE's womens division as Serena never did anything. Yes yes I know she was a champion in FCW and when your called up to the main roster that means a total of nothing. Eric Escobar was a one time FCW Champion and 3 time tag champion.

A lot of people keep mentioning how talented in the ring she is. That's all peachy and delicious, but I'm bummed the SES lost their only diva.

I'm not big on diva competition like most people on here, but I felt she was the most interesting part of that group besides Punk. Now, I only get down with the swirl so she's not eye candy to me, but if this is true I will miss her. Yes, she could've brought some good talent to the women's division, but she was bringing a lot to my favorite thing on smackdown. The SES just seems to be going down hill lately.

Buzzkill.

Hopefully this is a rumor. I'm a big fan of Serena and didn't she finally wrestle a match this past week on SD? Maybe the WWE brass wasn't impressed and that was the reason for the release. Though I can't imagine that being the case. If she is really gone it will be easy to write her off, as they can just claim the SES caught her drinking and took it to extreme levels to be sure she would never be seen in the WWE again. I will be pretty sad if Serena is truly gone. She is one of the few chicks that looked a bit attractive with the short hair look and that is impressive in its own right. Haven't seen much of her in ring work, but from what I've heard she is impressive and it would be a shame to see her leave.

Wow, that came from out of no where. I really hope this is just a rumour and nothing more as she was very talanted, she was good in the ring and played her character very well. Also what happend to the SES, do they get another diva, how do they explain her absense.

I am quite appauled at how WWE makes a mistake and blames it on Vince. WWE has divisions that does different cases. The WWE talent crew decided this and it seems Vince didn't veto.

Anyways, Serena played a significant part of the SES so she either did something major to revolt the WWE of doing such thing OR a rumor.

Just looking at this one more time, there's no logical reason that they released her unless she did something EXTREMELY wrong(major drug abuse). Maybe it's all a work, hope for the best.

Ok guys well just got an update on the situation and it appears Serena has really been released. According to Pw the decision to release Serena was made several days ago but news of it just got out last night. Pw also states it was a "disciplinary firing" but no more details have been given out at this point.

The Pro Wrestling Torch cryptically notes that she was not “living out” her Straight Edge Society persona in public.

I'm thinking it had to be something that caused an incident that the WWE didnt like. And usually it has something to do with drugs or alcohol. If that is the case, sure they lost a talent in the ring. But her life is more important than some storyline going on in the WWE.

Oh my!

This is very big news coming off the back of Raw and if it is indeed true (which it seems to be), then the WWE may well find themselves struggling to fill the void that she has left both in the Women’s Division on Smackdown and also the Straight Edge Society. Personally, I think that both of these entities needed Serena and now that she is gone, we may something completely out of left field happening.

I think the SES are at a part of their development now, where they really need to be in amongst the Championships. Really, it is the only thing that could possibly thake them to the next level and re-ignite some interest in the stable. However, with Serena being fired, that is basically one Championship down and the SES down to 3 people. Now, I am not saying that this is necessarily the end for the SES because I think the WWE could be pretty inventive with how they write her out and that could give it a little bit more life.

At this point though, the only mystery that remains to be answered is why she was let go. If it drug or alcohol abuse then the WWE are perfectly right. Everyone knows the rules and if you disobey those rules, you head out of the exit door. Time will tell…

Well, I checked WWE's website and Serena's release hasn't been posted yet. Until it is, this is just rumor.

Hopefully it stays that way. Serena is one of my favorite divas and the most unique one at that. Even if it was a Wellness Violation, she would be suspended since it would only be her first strike. To get released on one strike, she would have had to refuse rehab or something. (ex. Umaga, Carlito) Other than that, I can't fathom any other reason to let her go so suddenly.

Hopefully this is all just one big rumor and nothing more.

The rumor going about that I've read is that Serena hasn't been living the Straight Edge lifestyle beyond her character and was the reason she was let go. IF, and I'm only saying if, the WWE wanted Serena to not partake in even the use of alcohol as a means of maintaining character integrity, then it might explain why she was fired if she went against it company wishes.

If this is true, its really weird. I havent watched Smackdown in like three weeks, but I heard that she finally wrestled. Maybe she was given the Daniel Bryan treatment and released because of something she did during the match, but I doubt it because I heard she looked pretty good.

I think if they did actually release her, it wasnt simply a roster cut. There has to be something behind it such as backstage stuff or like Papa said, a wellness policy issue which would be hysterical. But before we speculate anymore, more information than "was released." is needed.

Hmm, this is so shocking that it's very hard to believe.

I read the post at like 1am, and I was too tired to give my thoughts, so I waited till now...

I think, like many others, that it's just a rumor...hopefully. I mean, rumors float around everywhere, so why the hell would this one be true?...right? :confused:

It's sorta ironic, there was a thread about how if Serena would actually get to wrestle? And most people posted that WWE wouldn't 'throw away talent like that'. Well, they just did, and they did it with Daniel Bryan too.

I don't get it she's hot and can wrestle ! I just check the WWE website and still nothing about her release...keeping my fingers crossed that it's just a rumor !

Quite honestly, does it really matter? Sure she was a decent asset to the Straight Edge Society, and eventually she could've become a decent addition to the women's division. But in the end, the Straight Edge Society will be more than fine without her, just as well as the women's division really won't suffer without her.

Sure I'm a little meh about Serena being released, but in the end I won't be heartbroken or anything, because she didn't add much to either of the two things she were, or could've been a part of. Both things will go on just fine without her, and that's why it really isn't that big of a deal. At least not for me.

Well until its official from WWE all we can do is speculate what happened with Serena. The thing that bothers me is if she is really released for not "living out" the straightedge life, that is bullshit. What a wrestler does outside of the ring should be their business. As long as it wasn't drug related, then that would be against the Wellness Policy. But if she was having some drinks then so be it. When Kelly Kelly had the whole exhibitionist storyline did she go around walking naked everywhere? No!! (but it would've been nice) If it is true and she is gone for whatever the reason is, Roxxi is available she has no problem shaving her head.

The WWE News section says nothing about it, and I looked at the superstars page of Smackdown and she's still there so I'm going to trust that over the main page and say it's a false rumor.

I smell some backstage politics. Tiffiany gets arrested and does not get released, Serena may have broken the rule about not staying in character. guess it pays to date Drew Mcintyre.

We're not going to get anything from the WWE website until Saturday at the earliest probably. Being that she on Smackdown, they are not going to say she is released and then show her on the episode that was already taped. Right now, we are going to have to go by what the reports say because it will be a few days before we get anything official.

[/SIZE][/SIZE] Lets not jump to conclusions

Remember, they [WWE] released Daniel Bryans too only to bring him back. I (like most of you) am a big Serena fan. She is not only an outstanding wrestler, but she is very very sexy to me (especially with her head shaved). If this rumor is true, we will all know after this fridays (8/27) Smackdown because it was already taped and she is scheduled to appear on the telecast. But until then [/SIZE][/SIZE] Lets not jump to conclusions

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back