• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the TNA releases thread someone mentioned that they could write a huge list on who they'd like to see released from WWE. So I figured might as well do the thread. So yea who do you think WWE should release? Their summer clear out is kind of over due or should at least be happening soon so who would you have put on it? Please keep stupid attempts to be controversial suggestions to a minimum. John Cena or Randy Orton should not be released however much you might think they suck.

Personally I'd go for:

JTG: Doesn't do anything for me and with Cryme Tyme dead I can't see him making the grade at all so I'd get rid.

Primo: Another one that's been around a while and without his brother just doesn't offer much. No real need for him.

Khali: Have him put over this new guy and then retire him into history. He's huge and he's Indian that's honestly the only things he has going for him.

Rosa Mendes: She's hot but then a lot of the divas are. She just doesn't bring anything to the table.

David Hart Smith: He's bland, keep him around if you're going to reunite the Hart Dynasty but otherwise I don't see him going anywhere.

Heath Slater: Obviously let the Corre angle run to it's end but the guy just really doesn't excite me at all or do anything for me in any shape or form.

Hornswoggle: Must I give reasons?

Mark Henry: Again give him this last push have him put someone over and then retire into the past, he's never been particularly entertaining and he's nothing special in the ring let him move backstage.

MODERATOR'S COMMENT: GIVE REASONS FOR ALL CHOICES THAT YOU MAKE OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE WARNED/INFRACTED FOR SPAMMING!!

Davey Smith is crying out for the Bulldog gimmick, but it's pointless till either Barrett or McIntyre is a main eventer proper... now Regal is going face tho, is their best chance... I have long said, make Regal the mouthpiece for him, how he "grew up" with his dad, take him to all the old places they used to wrestle and show him the stuff the Harts never did... "Bulldog Spirit"... it will draw huge if done right... Wade v The new Bulldog at Wembley 2012 for Summerslam... IC title?

Slater is where Christian was at the end of E&C... there is real talent there but they have to find the right way to use it... and letting Cena use "Wendy" was a BAAAAD move... but.. I see him as part of a new Lightheavy division (they won't use cruiser as too general...) even a credible first champ...feuding with Gabriel..

Who should be released?

Big Show is coming to the end, we know this, its clear... I'd actually prefer him to crush Del Rio and retire than keep jobbing out for the next hope...

Otunga is a waste of space, he is there cos his wife is famous, his talent is far below 90% of the roster and his salary could be funding Shelton Benjamin (you really think Dave is on a poor wage? nah)

CM Punk.. controversial... we all know how good he is, but we all knew how good Christian was... let him go to Japan (he'd laugh at TNA) and come back in a year or two as the most dangerous wrestler WWE has seen...same as MVP will be for a while...

When trying to think out the thought process for who's going to be cut you have to take into account a few factors:

1) The age of the superstars/diva
2) Their wrestling style. Some people aren't very good at adapting to the WWE way of putting on matches, and yes I am looking at you Mr. Cara.
3) Ability and potential. Obvious enough.

I know there's probably more but I like doing things in threes so I'll leave that there for now. With consideration of the appropriate factors here is my list:

Curt Hawkins - Doesn't really have any redeeming stand-outish qualities. I heard he had a good series of matches on superstars a while back with Trent Baretta, and when people remember Trent Baretta over you something is seriously amiss.

DH Smith - Same really. His dad is a bit of a pseudo legend in wrestling and that's the only thing he has going for him. The Bulldog was not well known for his personality but he oozed charisma compared to his son. WWE seem to be spending a fair amount of energy on pushing his former tag team partner Tyson, whilst Smith is just making up the numbers for the most part.

Jacob Novak - For my money the worst active superstar in the entire of the WWE/FCW regime. The most memorable thing he has is his name. Useless.

Vladimir Kozlov - Used for minimal comedy effect when paired with Santino but in truth all he really does is drag down the antics of his fellow European compadre. Add stiff as a board in the ring to the list and you have a one way trip back to the mother country.

Michael Tarver - See I personally feel that this guy has a lot of potential, but he's been out in the shadows for too long. Right about now the only way I could see him redeem himself is to be the Raw GM. Anything less and it should be a swift kick to the behind in the direction of the nearest exit.

Ranjin Singh - With Jinder Mahal entering the company and Khali being a heel for what we can only assume if quite a while, he is essentially useless. Even if Khali turns face again, he doesn't really need his 'brother' to help him, people would cheer for him regardless. The only way it would work if it he continued and came back as a heel manager again, but given the nature of the way he left it seems unlikely.

Why has the E never asked why these two 'brothers' don't have the second name? Unless they did mention it and I missed it, like they're half brothers or something.

Rosa Mendez A lot of people are spouting names like Tamina but honestly Tamina is a far better wrestler, talker and simply more original than Rosa. WWE really don't need another pretty face, useless in the ring hussie clogging up the locker room. Bye bye.

William Regal Very good and underrated competitor. Unfortunately his time is closing in rapidly. I think this year will be the year he hangs up those boots. A last little run or feud would appease most people I'm sure though.

Michael McGuillity - My god this really ought to happen. He's been in Nexus for a while now and what has he shown anyone. I'll tell you what. Less than David Otunga, and that is a terrible credential to have. I'd like to punch the hole in that one way ticket to the unemployment line.

Kaitlyn - I think this is one of those instances where the WWE will get bored of waiting for her to develop and realise it's not going to happen. I'll miss her in one area (well, more than one) but certainly not in others.

Jerry Lawler - What can I say? Not very good at his job anymore. It's time to move on over and let the young bucks take over. And by that I don't mean a TNA tag team should start running commentary in the WWE. But, yeah.......anyway.

And that's it for me I think.

People have been waiting for releases since before Mania and they haven't come yet. It's June ppl the usual purge may not happen this year.

When trying to think out the thought process for who's going to be cut you have to take into account a few factors:

1) The age of the superstars/diva
2) Their wrestling style. Some people aren't very good at adapting to the WWE way of putting on matches, and yes I am looking at you Mr. Cara.
3) Ability and potential. Obvious enough.

I know there's probably more but I like doing things in threes so I'll leave that there for now. With consideration of the appropriate factors here is my list:

Curt Hawkins - Doesn't really have any redeeming stand-outish qualities. I heard he had a good series of matches on superstars a while back with Trent Baretta, and when people remember Trent Baretta over you something is seriously amiss.

DH Smith - Same really. His dad is a bit of a pseudo legend in wrestling and that's the only thing he has going for him. The Bulldog was not well known for his personality but he oozed charisma compared to his son. WWE seem to be spending a fair amount of energy on pushing his former tag team partner Tyson, whilst Smith is just making up the numbers for the most part.

Jacob Novak - For my money the worst active superstar in the entire of the WWE/FCW regime. The most memorable thing he has is his name. Useless.

Vladimir Kozlov - Used for minimal comedy effect when paired with Santino but in truth all he really does is drag down the antics of his fellow European compadre. Add stiff as a board in the ring to the list and you have a one way trip back to the mother country.

Michael Tarver - See I personally feel that this guy has a lot of potential, but he's been out in the shadows for too long. Right about now the only way I could see him redeem himself is to be the Raw GM. Anything less and it should be a swift kick to the behind in the direction of the nearest exit.

Ranjin Singh - With Jinder Mahal entering the company and Khali being a heel for what we can only assume if quite a while, he is essentially useless. Even if Khali turns face again, he doesn't really need his 'brother' to help him, people would cheer for him regardless. The only way it would work if it he continued and came back as a heel manager again, but given the nature of the way he left it seems unlikely.

Why has the E never asked why these two 'brothers' don't have the second name? Unless they did mention it and I missed it, like they're half brothers or something.

Rosa Mendez A lot of people are spouting names like Tamina but honestly Tamina is a far better wrestler, talker and simply more original than Rosa. WWE really don't need another pretty face, useless in the ring hussie clogging up the locker room. Bye bye.

William Regal Very good and underrated competitor. Unfortunately his time is closing in rapidly. I think this year will be the year he hangs up those boots. A last little run or feud would appease most people I'm sure though.

Michael McGuillity - My god this really ought to happen. He's been in Nexus for a while now and what has he shown anyone. I'll tell you what. Less than David Otunga, and that is a terrible credential to have. I'd like to punch the hole in that one way ticket to the unemployment line.

Kaitlyn - I think this is one of those instances where the WWE will get bored of waiting for her to develop and realise it's not going to happen. I'll miss her in one area (well, more than one) but certainly not in others.

Jerry Lawler - What can I say? Not very good at his job anymore. It's time to move on over and let the young bucks take over. And by that I don't mean a TNA tag team should start running commentary in the WWE. But, yeah.......anyway.

And that's it for me I think.

No reason for Jerry to move over, he has handled himself well enough in recent months... till Regal or eventually Foley (the guy who is the real annointed commentator, sans Vince screeching) steps up...

DH Smith needs the Bulldog gimmick but a way into it... they are spending time on Tyson cos he offers more right now, but once the Brit guys do get there...suddenly "Baby Bulldog" is a money opponent...trust me they WILL do Summerslam in London for 2012...

The best way to do cuts would be to end the brand extension once and for all. Then purge half the roster. Far too many to name. Or making tag teams and cruiserweights relevant again could energize the half of the roster that has nothing to do.

As much as I love and respect the man and all that he has done The Undertaker needs to retire or get cut. Obviously this will never ever happen, but come on he wrestles about once a year just for WrestleMania and the never ending streak. It's really starting to get old now and so is he. Shawn Michaels wrestled more than Taker before he retired. Also the whole Deadman gimmick is becoming less believe able now than it was 10+ years ago. I'll probably get flammed for this, but WWE is probably paying Taker a whole hell of a lot of money just to wrestle once a year that could be used on getting new talent.

God why are there SO many idiots on here? No common sense at all? I'll get to who Id cut next but first I'll give reasons as to why MOST of you are wrong on certain guys.

Great Khali- Hes not leaving anytime soon. Hes huge, hes Indian, and the kids (used to) love him.

Mark Henry- really? WWE doesnt just cut someone whos been with the business for YEARS, and if you bring up Finlay you deserve to get slapped because they had a reason to do so, as far as I know, Henrys one the most respected backstage despite his limited moveset

Hornswoggle- they hired him for a reason, to be "funny" now the IWC might not think hes funny, but WWE does. AND he was part of DX and Cena teamed with him at the Royal Rumble, do you HONESTLY think hes going anywhere?

Santino- again another comedy guy, but wait a sec.....he gets massive pops, he can ACTUALLY wrestle, yeah theyre going to definitely fire him

Kozlov- Santino pretty much saved his ass, hes not going anywhere

Zack Ryder- Cena, HHH, Austin, and The Rock are just a FEW of the top stars that love this guy, HES NOT LEAVING! So deal with it. WWWYKI Bro!

Curt Hawkins- Zacks best friend and tag team partner, they wont be firing him

Anyone who honestly believes ANY of those guys will get cut is an idiot

Now who Id personally cut?

JTG, The Usos, Brodus Clay, Alicia Fox, Rosa Mendes, Ranjin Singh, Tyler Reks and thats it

As much as I love and respect the man and all that he has done The Undertaker needs to retire or get cut. Obviously this will never ever happen, but come on he wrestles about once a year just for WrestleMania and the never ending streak. It's really starting to get old now and so is he. Shawn Michaels wrestled more than Taker before he retired. Also the whole Deadman gimmick is becoming less believe able now than it was 10+ years ago. I'll probably get flammed for this, but WWE is probably paying Taker a whole hell of a lot of money just to wrestle once a year that could be used on getting new talent.

Why on earth would they cut The Undertaker? If he does wrestle again, it'd probably be one last match at WM and on top of that, as read on this site, they have a use for him backstage.

Whom I wish they'd let go is Bryan Danielson. He's never going to be THE GUY there and really I think ROH really could use him with their new TV show. And I'd rather him be having great matches with great wrestlers than watching him be used as enhancement talent for a bunch of overgrown dipshits with no charisma and no wrestling ability.

....love and respect....The Undertaker....he wrestles about once a year just for WrestleMania and the never ending streak....It's really starting to get old....Also the whole Deadman gimmick is becoming less believe able now than it was 10+ years ago....I'll probably get flammed for this.....

Love and respect? How so? Your little "opinion" is as disrespectful as it could possibly be. The Undertaker is the last of the larger than life characters that used to populate WWE's roster. He is universally loved for all he's done over the years...and rightfully so.

Taker's Wrestlemania streak is either the biggest selling point for Wrestlemania, or the second biggest...depending on which year we're talking, and it's been that way for quite some time now. This coming year will most likely see his match (if he has one) as the "second fiddle" again, due to the Rock vs Cena, but having the second biggest match on the years biggest card is nothing to sneeze at. ...And while we're talking about the streak, I'd really like to point out the fact that it's far from old, stale or boring. I'm sure 999,999 people out of a million would agree.

A guy like The Undertaker, at this point in his career, has earned the right to work a very light load. That's the treatment one gets when they've been loyal to a fault for MANY, MANY years and have made their employer a dump truck full of cash. Have you ever considered how much money Taker could've made had he jumped ship to WCW during Nitro's heyday? The man could've pretty much asked for any figure...and he probably would've been given the money without a second thought. He was and still is that big of a draw. In fact, he's one of the biggest draws ever.

If Taker is only capable for coming in during the "road to wrestlemania" so be it. 99.9% of WWE's fanbase would wholeheartedly agree with me saying Taker is welcome for as long as he feels like participating....whether it's one match per year or not. I honestly can't believe you'd disrespect a guy like Taker. He, quite simply, is WWE. He is the last of WWE's greatest generation of stars and he can do whatever the hell he likes as far as I'm concerned. It's insanely hilarious that you'd even mention the "believability" of his character as well. Anyone over the age of 6 should instantly realize that the Undertaker is the most unbelievable character on the roster. It wasn't a problem in the beginning, it wasn't a problem during the attitude era and it isn't a problem now. You honestly, sincerely deserve to get flamed for your post too. It was quite possibly one of the worst I've ever read.

...and now, the guys I think will be cut sooner or later. Keep in mind I don't necessarily think it's cool to wish someone's dream to be ended, let alone their livelihood taken from them. Most if not all of these names have already been mentioned in this thread, but I need to at leat attempt to make a post relevant to the thread's subject matter.

JTG - This guy is a decent enough performer, but I feel he is more apt to working in a tag team. WWE obviously has no intentions of attempting even a slightly entertaining tag division at this point, so JTG isn't very valuable. If working as a singles competitor is what's expected of him, I think he'd do fine in TNA's X division. ...But, in all honesty, he most likely wouldn't be a draw there either.

Chris Masters - I like Chris and think he has some good qualities, but he's been around long enough to have reached his ceiling. I think he's perfectly acceptable in terms of being a guy that loses to top draws, but he'd have to actually appear on Raw or Smackdown in order to get in the ring with anyone capable of drawing a dime.

Most of the former Nexus & Corre and/or NXT guys - No point in naming names here as I'm sure nearly everyone knows the guys I'm talking about. There are obvious exceptions, such as Barrett, Riley, Bryan and a few others, but most of these guys are destined to job. Jobbers are important to an extent, but how many jobbers does any given company actually need? FCW is where most of these guys belong, and some of them may improve enough to get called back up to the main show eventually. Most if not all of these guys are young and very, very green. There's no reason to think a few of them aren't capable of becoming better workers either. A guy like Heath Slater (who I have partied with on numerous occasions) is a much better worker than most give him credit for. He just needs more time to work on his southern "drawl", mic work in general and his gimmick. Justin Gabriel has a world of potential as well. If there was a decent cruiserweight division, both Heath and Justin could very well become stars.

The Uso Brothers - WWE tag teams = worthless...and even if that wasn't the case the Uso's are nothing special. In the days of WWE's relevant tag division, these guys would job out. They have limited charisma, their looks are nothing to write home about, their mic skills are non-existant and they simply aren't very fun to watch.

Tyler Reks - This guy got a complete gimmick/appearance overhaul and it went nowhere. He was moderately successful on Smackdown for approximately a month and I don't think he'll even get back to that. Personally, I think he has a good look, but he obviously can't get himself over with the fanbase or the writers. There must be a reason for the latter.

I guess that's enough for now.

One last thing................ I'd like to comment on the post in which Drew McIntyre was thrown under the bus. Drew has a lot going for him and I still believe he'll get back on the right track. If it doesn't happen in WWE, this kid could be a top player in TNA. I don't think moving him to RAW was such a good idea either.

I have to say. I think the only reason we haven't seen the cuts yet is because some of the names that are going to be cut are currently obligated to NXTredemption.

As soon as redemption is finished I'm expecting the cuts to finally happen.

That being said, I expect to see the following get the Boot...

JTG - His gimmick is so similar to R-Truth's and WWE has picked its guy to push. Shad Gaspard was a keeper, they'll rectify cutting the wrong guy by sending JTG on his way.

Hornswoggle - He's more than run his course.

DH Smith - He's failed to show any personality, although I'd like to see them try and give him his Father's gimmick, see if he can run with it before they ultimately give him the boot.

Rajin Sing - (sorry if seplt incorectilly xP) He's been replaced.

Matt Striker - Looks like he's been replaced too.

Gail Kim and/or Melina - I hate it, I really hate it, but there's usually at least one diva let go, with Gail announcing her plans to wed they might just pick her. Melina I say because of her repeated bad press. I wouldn't be sad to see her go, her best days are behind her.

Primo - He's used so sparingly that it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Michael Tarver - He's disappeared! They might as well make it official.

That's about it, there's some others, like Rex, Hawkins or Barreta, but I'm going to choose to leave them off because they still have that potential for future use.

Let's face it, WWE isn'T going to release anybody until NXT Redemption is over with because their a lot of talent on that show that will probably be release after the show is over. You also have to consider that they still have to keep some lower card guys to put on Superstars because they still tape superstars matches for the international markets and their not going to waste mid carders on this show.

So having said that here who i think should be release.

Curt Hawkins: They haven'T done much with him since Vince Archer got release last year. He's not even good enough to be a jobber on Smackdown so i guess he'S gone.

DH Smith: Same as Curt, They haven't done much with him since splitting him from Tyson kidd and i doubt they will do anything with him.

Primo: another waste of talent, hasn'T done much since screwing up with Sin Cara on Raw.

JTG: like Regal said, what a waste of space. They tried to turn him heel on NXT and it's not working so just release him already

Yoshi Tatsu: Love the guy but again what has they really done with him lately outside of NXT?

Tyson Kidd: Got a better chance of sticking around with the whole manager storyline on Superstar but yet agian this might just be WWE way of killing time until NXT ends so they can release him.

Zach Ryder: This might not be a popular decision, since he'S very popular with the internet community and i would love for him to get a better spot on the roster but yet agian, it'S a case of somebody trying to get over without the help of WWE and that might play against him in the end.

Melina: Has been in the doghouse for what seem to be forever, they've been trying to find a reson to release her for years know and the fact that she been hasn'T been the focus of the divas division ever since her comment on Twitter about not liking being a heel, it might be the reason WWE has been looking for to release her.

Outside of that, maybe i could see Drew Mcintyre, chris Masters, Tyler REck and Trent Barretta getting release but i doubt that it will happen since Chris and Drew are great talents to help put over other talent, Trent is a great jobber. Tyler on the other end could be in the same spot that most talent that haven'T been use for a while and get release.

Also, i wouldn'T be surprise to see some of the NXT Redemption rookies getting release, especially Byron Saxton and Jacob novax who weren'T able to get over on the last 2 NXT season.

Also don'T be surprise if they do some cleaning in FCW because they pretty most do that every year.

Has for those who want hornswoogle to be release, don'T hold your breath, the little guy is really over with the kids and WWE won't release him anytime soon. Just look at this season of NXT, him and his rookie are the most over talent on the show and i wouldn'T be surprise to see Titus wins the whole show because of Hornswoogle popularity. So i hate to break this news to you guys, but Horswoogle is not going anywhere until a) he'S tired of being in the WWE or B) he stop being over with the wwe core audience (Kids).

The following list of gentlemen have been on my wish list for WWE Releases for quite some time. Give 'em the boot!

JTG- i found him somewhat entertaining as a part of Cryme Tyme, but without Shad by his side, the guy's got nothing, and he should be expecting a release.

The Great Khali- i don't care that he's from India or the whole international thing, the man's a joke. And honestly, the joke is over. Quite possibly the worst World Heavyweight Champion i've ever seen.

Yoshi Tatsu- it's all about entertainment, and i honestly just don't see that in him, not one bit. I find myself using guys like this as a punching bag in SmackDown! vs. Raw

Primo- see Yoshi Tatsu.

Jimmy & Jey Uso- the tag team division has been discontinued, and neither one of these men have a future as singles competitors.

Tyler Reks- anyone who starts out portraying themselves as a monster or animal eventually goes soft. (Kane, The Great Khali) I can't see Reks sticking around much longer.

Brodus Clay- where in the blue hell did they dig up this clown?! I see no sort of future for him.

Mason Ryan- Batista in Evolution all over again. No need for this guy at all.

On The Fence
Vladimir Kozlov- entertaining, yes. But needs to produce more on his own as a heel rather than the comedy bits with Santino.

Mark Henry- BORING!!! annoyed with him as a face, can't take him seriously as a heel. Step it up fat man.

Chris Masters- i see nothing but potential in him, but he needs to prove himself worthy of being a main event man.

Finally, to disagree with some of your opinions...

Zack Ryder- in desperate need of a push. Trying to put himself over and is doing a damn good job of establishing a fan base. I love the guy, entertaining, promising performer, has an extremely bright future ahead of him.

Drew McIntyre- take nothing away from him. Hasn't been given the right opportunity. The move to Raw could turn out to be huge for him, it's still in the process. Nothing but potential, was extremely dominant in the Elimination Chamber this year, and i look forward to seeing more of that brutality.

Santino Marella I don't find him funny and I have no idea how he’s still around, I understand the kids like him. But let's get real, if you actually end up losing to this guy to a fucking "cobra strike” in a one on one match....that should be saying allot to the crowd about your future as a possible main eventer/mid carder.

Yeah, i guess the leg drop, sleeper hold, stunner, peoples elbow and the fucking mandible claw did not help those guys become insanely popular and successful main eventers.

Fuck you. Santino can easily become a main eventer. Hes more over than 90% of the fucking roster. The finisher of a wrestler isnt a huge deal. Do you really believe a cena fisherman suplex is any more devestating than his F-U/AA? Go away noob.:disappointed:

Curt Hawkins Zack Ryder don't need him, the tag team division is dead and he is no value as a singles competitor.

The Usos: Read above.

Darren Young: The only guy to get sent back to developmental without going back to FCW. Wasn't he on the main roster for like six months? Didn't he main event with Cena and then have a Superstars feud with Regal? Why is he now competing for a spot to get back on the main roster? Senseless booking!

Michael Tarver He has been creeping backstage, but with no storyline, I could see him in a tag team, but much like Hawkins and the Usos there is no tag division anymore so see ya!

JTG Personally I think they are wasting him. He has some exciting moves, he has held a title and with R. Truth playing the semi racial angle, who better to join up with him? I would at least pair him as Truth's sidekick or put him in a faction with Truth and see what happens, then if he sucks release him.

Gail Kim I honestly thought she was gone already.

Rosa Mendes Waster of roster space, to be the least talented Diva on the roster is saying something, but some of the NXT 3 losers deserve the spot over her. Maxine, Naomi and Aksana were all better yet are still in FCW.

Tyler Reks This guy has the most marketable heel look I have seen in a long time, the dreads, the music, he has the WWE physique and from what I hear when he was in developmental he had a great move set. However, I have yet to see him in TV since being drafted to Raw.

Husky Harris He was sent back to FCW, given a horrible gimmick and probably will never be seen again. One of those guys they had a stiffy over, but it wore off (anybody remember Daniel Rodimer?)

Matt Striker I think he has been on his way out for a while now.

David Hart Smith Read Hawkins and the Usos.

Primo Unless WWE moves him to Smack Down or brings back a Cruiserweight division there is really no use for him.

Guys who will not be going anywhere:

Zack Ryder He finally got a Raw match on Monday! Hopefully WWE is smart and realizes the fanbase this guy has. I'm not saying Cena vs. Ryder is going to headline a PPV anytime soon, but a U.S. title run or at least a mid-card feud is in his future.

Great Khali & Ranjin Singh: WWE is banking on this India thing. Khali is already a huge star in India and he has the program with Jinder Mahal going on. As for Singh, I would not be suprised if they find him another Indian guy to align with as a face to take on Mahal and Khali.

Yoshi Tatsu See Khali & Singh.

Maryse See above

Santino & Kozlov Vince loves comedy, that's why Hornswoggle was revealed as his son instead of Kennedy. He has always had that comedy act on the roster, even during the Attitude era. They are appealing to kids too for some reason, espeically Santino.

Hornswoggle I thought he would have been gone a few years ago. However, he sticks around whether it is as Vince's kid, Teddy Long's assistant or making appearances in matches he don't belong in. Little kids like him, and in this G rated age of WWE makes his job pretty secure.

There is always that one suprise release though every year or a guy that walks out. We've had Matt Hardy, M.V.P., Mr. Kennedy (Anderson) and RVD over the years. I could see Swagger getting cut for some reason. It doesn't seem like they have a direction they want to take him and Raw is flooded with heels Miz, Del Rio, Truth, Nexus, Ziggler who are all ahead of him. They obviously didn't have much faith in him to turn him full fledged face after the Cole angle and since he has been getting embarassed by Evan Bourne. Drew McIntyre I think may be on thin ice as well unless they would turn him face or really get behind pushing him. On the Smack Down side, Wade Barrett wouldn't suprise me after this Corre thing is over and done with. They didn't think enough of him to give him the title when he should have carried it during the Nexus angle in my opinion. Plus when Smack Down was in need of high level heels instead of moving him up, they bring in Henry and Sheamus instead. Smack Down is over crowded with heels as well Christian, Sheamus, Henry, Rhodes, DiBiase and if Averno comes along Barrett is low on the list. With the heat with Morrison and Melina I wouldn't be suprised if TNA offered them the right amount they wouldn't jump ship either.

The only sure-fire one who nobody can give a reasonable defense for is DH Smith...no charisma, and he hasn't done anything (seriously, he's wrestled one or two matches on Superstars) since he split with Tyson Kidd.

If anyone CAN give me a good reason why he shouldn't go (other than the fact he's Bret Hart's nephew) then I will pat you on the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back