• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your And Expected 2014 WWE Releases

mr_dna

Pre-Show Stalwart
Pretty simple really who do you see being released in 2014? And a secondary question of who do you think should be released and not needed

See Being Released

Curt Hawkins
Evan Bourne ( If he dont return in the next 3 months )
JTG
Ricardo Rodriguez
Rosa Mendes
Teddy Long
Yoshi Tatsu

I Think Should Be

Alberto Del Rio
Ryback
Great Khali
Hornswoglle
Yoshi Tatsu
Rosa Mendes
JTG
Curt Hawkins
Brodus Clay
David Otunga
Heath Slater
Jinder Mahal
The Miz
Vickie Guerrero

I know my list is pretty long and there are a few upper midcard / main event stars but i catch NXT most weeks and there are a lot of them seem to be ready all almost ready to break into Raw/Smackdown. Plus most on my list are either hardly used or Getting stale or never really gained to much momentum

I wont go into who i think will get cut as lord only knows with vince.

Who i think should be cut:

40% of the roster who never sees Raw or Smackdown in the past two to three months.

As for vicky she will never be cut do to the whole Eddie thing and the last time they did they drew major heat from the inside if i recall correct. Besides she is a decent mouth piece for a heel who needs one.

I pretty much agree with who do you see being released, i think I'll add Ezekiel Jackson to that list although i don't want him to be. If i recall right he had surgery again a few days before so i don't see a place for him if you add him being so much injury prone.

As for the others I think Miz is capable of some good mic card stuff, Vickie as Redrum said probably never will be released, Rybacks work as of late has impressed me and GOD Not Heath Slater, that guy is gold. Plus jobbers are always needed. IMO Jerry Lawler should be released he is god awful lately he tires me and annoys me so much. Commentary needs a fresh voice i think.

I think anybody that hardly ever appears on television, injured or not, needs to go ASAP. That list consists of:

JTG
Zack Ryder
Curt Hawkins
Ezekiel Jackson
Yoshi Tatsu
Rosa Mendes
David Otunga
Evan Bourne
Alex Riley
Theodore Long
Justin Gabriel
Tyson Kidd
Hunico (unless he permanently becomes Sin Cara)
Camacho
Ricardo Rodriguez

Almost everyone else on the roster outside of this dirty dozen or so have something going for them and appear on television at least once a week. The people I named off are often gone for so long I forget they even exist. Normally I'm not big on someone getting fired, but very single person I listed above are not only the epitome of wasted space, but many have been that way for YEARS and need to be future endeavored. It would probably be for their own good.

I feel Ryback will be the first one to get released this year. His character is not getting anywhere and nothing is creating interest - just wastage of TV time.

Jinder Mahal will probably follow then. This is what I could think at the moment.

THE GREAT KHALI
I am shocked this guy still has a contract with WWE and if the only reason he is still around is to appeal to the indian fans, then WWE need to Switch Jinder Mahal with Curt Hawkins in 3MB and give Jinder a face run. At least Mahal does have some in ring abilitie and has a chance to succeed

HORNSWOGGLE
While I do like the guy and always find him entertaining when he appears. I really don't see a need for him anymore and don't see that changing anytime soon.

JTG
The guy has failed to really do anything since his Cryme Tyme days and is now just taking up space on the roster. If WWE don't have any plans for him then he really should be released.

SANTINO MARELLA
His comedy act has become old and there are far more tallented wrestlers on the roster that I don't think there would be a place for him even if he was repackaged.

TENSAI
I really don't understand why he was brought back in the first place. His style of wrestling was far more suited to Japan and with there being so many other big men around I don't see him lasting much longer.

I feel Ryback will be the first one to get released this year. His character is not getting anywhere and nothing is creating interest - just wastage of TV time.

Jinder Mahal will probably follow then. This is what I could think at the moment.

Ryback will probably get released just for injuring Superstars. I have a feeling ol' Ziggles won't be the last to get a concussion from his clotheslines. :lmao:

I love how JTG is mentioned on these lists every year, yet he's still on the roster year after year after year. There's some reason they keep him around, and I have a feeling he'll still be around in time for you to put him on these lists next year.

It's easy to speculate on who'll be released, you can just reel off names of people you haven't seen on TV in a while. It's more fun to predict surprise releases. Somebody who's in an elevated position who's release would actually surprise you.

My prediction is Del Rio. I'm a fan, but he should be one of the biggest guys on the roster with the way he's been pushed over the past three and a half years. He isn't and he never will be. I think this is the year where he becomes a fully fledged mid-card act and I can't see Del Rio sticking around if that's his role.

It's easy to speculate on who'll be released, you can just reel off names of people you haven't seen on TV in a while. It's more fun to predict surprise releases. Somebody who's in an elevated position who's release would actually surprise you.

My prediction is Del Rio. I'm a fan, but he should be one of the biggest guys on the roster with the way he's been pushed over the past three and a half years. He isn't and he never will be. I think this is the year where he becomes a fully fledged mid-card act and I can't see Del Rio sticking around if that's his role.

In that case, I'm predicting Ryback. If these reports of heat are to be believed, he's perpetually skating on thin ice. He'll injure somebody/do something incredibly stupid and show up on TNA sometime in the next year or so.

First, the people who are not on the list might not be good enough for TV, but they are safe and talented workers, and enhancement talent is needed for house shows, Main Event, and Superstars, they don't cost very much, and put over the up and comers, so half of the guys on these lists added together probably cost less that Cena or Orton. The Great Khali is awesome for the role of Jobber to the stars, and is big for Global expansion. Some of the guys on the list are just side tracked with injuries and are over when healthy (Evan Bourne).

So here are my picks....Ryback causes injuries and not that over. Any diva that is not A.J. Lee who is not on the Diva's show. Camacho, I just never saw anything in him. And last but not least, don't be surprised of a strike three from RKO.

Ryback - Guaranteed almost to be released based on his current "self destruct" mode... expect him to be jobbed to Hogan or Warrior on the way out...

The usual suspects mentioned don't need mentioning again. Bourne is safe as he has clearly spent a lot of time learning a new style. They will give him a chance after paying him for 2 and a half years.

Camacho is safe as he is the son of Haku, I don't see them wanting to upset Tonga in any way as he's a very well loved guy. Much as they didn't fire Ted DiBiase Jr.

One who might be on the bubble is Christian. He has almost run his course and his injuries are starting to mount up. He could be useful as a manager/commentator but as he's just had his first child I can see him hanging it up before long.

ADR is safe as he is Trips' guy and he has done what was asked of him. He'll be around until he wants to be gone.

Perhaps the one I think might be most shocking this year is Rey or Randy... I can see one of them getting their third strike, wellness wise. It'd be so Orton for RKO to be put in the Mania event and fail a test the same way Swagger ballsed it up...

CM Punk.

Yes, he's one of the best in the business. But every indication we have is that he's one of the most volatile too. Volatile doesn't last long in wrestling, and we've had more than a few indicators that he's unhappy and wants to get out sooner rather than later.

I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him "lose his smile" by Summerslam.

Who I Think Should Be Released:
-The Bella Twins: I've said it before & I'll say it again, the biggest wastes of space in the history of the entire WWE. They wouldn't even have jobs if it weren't for them being identical twins & sleeping with the male talent. Only Brie can hardly wrestle, they are completey void of talent in every other possible department unless you count their bodies & everytime they appear on screen they bring the entire product down with their atrocious performances.
-Bad News Barrett: After all the awful gimmick changes, the dozens of generic/run of the mill entrance themes, the multiple failed attempts at leading a stable & all the sub-par mid-card title reigns I've given up on Wade "Bad News" Barrett. I've enjoyed some of his work in the past but now it's to the point where I forget he is even employed by the WWE & when he randomly pops up on TV to do his awful "Bad News" schtick I just the leave the room.
-The Great Khali: Any excuse to keep Khali around has pretty much been void for years now. At this point the WWE is just being nice by continually giving him a paycheck so he can continue to accommodate his gargantuan body.
-Hornswoggle: Swoggles act got old years ago & frankly I can't remember anything even slightly relevant that he has done since trying to join DX. While I can see what limited purpose he seems to fill at times, like Khali, he seems lucky to still have a job.
-Ezekiel Jackson: I never cared much for "Big Zeke" before getting sidelined & now he is nothing but extremely irrelevant.
-Rosa Mendes: I think Rosa is damn sexy but she seems like somewhat of a liability with her drinking problem, she can't work & since she doesn't come out dancing seductively with Primo & Epico anymore what good is she?
-Aksana: Yeah she is hot but that's it.
-JTG: Why WWE doesn't hire guys like Ricochet, The American Wolves, The Young Bucks, Nigel McGuiness, etc. & keeps guys like Sami Zayn, Solomon Crowe, Adrian Neville, etc. down in NXT while a guy like JTG is still considered a part of the main roster, I will never know.
-Curt Hawkins: A more out of shape Zack Ryder with less main stream appeal.
-David Otunga: I get that WWE likes his Harvard degree & his C/D-list celebrity wife but overall I don't see any reasons to keep Otunga around.
-Camacho: Less talented than JTG & works less than Otunga. Why is the WWE even throwing away their money on a guy like this?
-Ricardo Rodriguez: He has been completely pointless ever since splitting up with Del Rio.
-Bo Dallas: Weird look, awful babyface & seemingly worse heel, average worker at best, etc. I just don't see any positives to this kid but his lineage.
-Mason Ryan: Completely lacks charisma & seems like the defintion of a dumb as rocks bodybuilder type that trips over his own two feet. His previous work on the main roster was rather poor & I don't see what good it was to toss him back in NXT, especially if Batista is returning soon.
-C.J. Parker: Of all the amazing talent down in NXT right now, Parker is the only one I don't see at least some kind of potential in. His gimmick is beyond lame, he still seems very green in the ring with hardly any athletic ability/talent & from what I've seen he has very limited charisma & can hardly cut a promo.
-Jojo: Reports are already out that the reason she has been taken off of the 2nd half of Total Divas Season 1 is because both the WWE & the E! Network are looking to replace her & I don't blame them. She seems way too young, completely uninteresting & if it wasn't for her curly afro hair the fans wouldn't be able to point her out in a crowd of one.

Who I Think Should Shift Roles:
-The Big Show: Big Show should NEVER be in another main event or world title match as long as he is on this earth. I would transition Show to appearing more like Y2J & RVD, only a few months at a time & only to put over newer & younger talent. & I wouldn't mind WWE doing the same thing Mark Henry too.
-Natalya: Natalya is extremely annoying & completely irrelevant as an on screen character. She should become a permanent co-head trainer for the Divas alongside Sara Del Ray in NXT. Or better yet have Del Ray take Natalya's spot on the main roster & Natalya could just be the head coach.
-Vickie Guerrero: I think Vickie should be put on a Legends contract plain & simple. She could appear on shows like "Old School RAW" simply for a quick segment & a bit of nostalgia. Her gimmick has more than ran it's course & since she couldn't really be a trainer or an agent, I think adding her to the list of common legends we see like Sgt. Slaughter & Arn Anderson is the best use for her.
-Teddy Long: Same deal here with Teddy. I enjoy seeing him show up from time to time on screen but not on a regular basis & not in some stale, pointless GM/Co-GM/etc. role that he has been in for years.

Who I See Being Released:
-Ryback: With all the recent "release" reports, Ryback's twitter rampages, injuring Ziggler, former reports about him being unsafe to work with in the ring, etc. Not to mention the general fact that he went from challenging for the WWE Championship to matches on Main Event & Superstars, it looks like odds are Ryback won't be on the WWE roster come 2015.
-Curt Hawkins: If Hawkins hangs on another year without doing a single thing he should offically start calling himself "The White JTG".
-JTG: It has to finally happen this year...right???
-Rosa Mendes: From a business perspective I can't see WWE logically keeping Rosa around much longer but then again who said WWE was ever logical?
-Jojo: As stated above I wouldn't mind seeing Jojo released, the E! network doesn't seem to want her on Total Divas anymore & the WWE seems to have little to no interest in doing anything significant with her, so just like with Ryback all the signs seem to point to a Jojo release sometime in 2014.

I'm expecting a bunch of developmental releases. From the main roster, I can see some retirements or semi-retirements around, but I don't think anyone gets released. Maybe WWE will let some contracts run out, but no one is getting shitcanned.

Now, as for Who do I want to see get released in 2014? Well hopefully all the sorry fuckers who are sitting around fantasizing about other people losing their jobs. No one else deserves to get canned more.

It'll never happen, but I'd like to see Randy Orton released. Outside of Sid, I can't remember caring less about any wrestler.

I don't think Del Rio will be released. I don't get why the IWC is so down on him. Maybe they should go back to his original gimmick. The vignettes before his debut were gold, and the cars were always pretty cool. He is great in the ring too.

I think we're looking at the usual lower card guys - Hawkins, Yoshi, JTG etc and maybe some of the NXT guys that will never make it big like Ascension. Don't know about Divas coz that's always fast forward time here.

Oh, and I wouldn't miss Curtis Axel either. Just make him Joe Hennig already.....

this year they released more wrestlers bcoz they have more mainevent parttimers and starting the network.

My list are

Brodus clay
Curt Hawkins
David otunga
Evan Bourne
Ezikel jackson
Heath slater
Jinder mahal
JTG
Justin gabriel
Ricardo Rodriguez
Teddy Long
Yoshi Tatsu
Ryback
Great Khali unless they get another giant wrestler
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack ryder

Divas are

Alicia fox
Jo jo

I like nxt divas morethan wwe divas they release
Alicia fox
Aksana
Eva marie
Cameron
Naom
jo jo
Rosa mendes

And bring paige, sasha, bailey, emma. How about a nxt stable to make debut after wm sasha,summer rae and charlotte.

Goldust and Sin cara get released after wm

Hornswoggle is not released by wwe unless he asked released. Similar to santino marella and khali.

Not sure why anyone would want Del Rio released. He is a solid performer, taps in well to the Latino market and has being flirting around the main event for a while now. Looks like he is in for a mini feud with Batista as well....it is wishful thinking for some because they simply do not like him.

Zack Ryder, JTG, Evan Bourne, Zeke Jackson will all probably go. I think Ziggler could possibly retire too.

Who I can see getting released; Rosa Mendez, Teddy Long, Hornswoggle, JTG, Hawkins, JoJo, Otunga, and Ryback.
Hope they don't get rid of Zeke Jackson cause he does have talent and the look and just needs a push and he could be a good heel, Evan Bourne is expected to return at the Rumble, Tatsu is a major connection over in Japan so he's not going anywhere. WWE should ask Lawler and Khali to retire so they wont have to fire them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back