Repackage or Release?

What would you do with Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins?

• Team them up again as is

• Team them up again with new gimmick

• Keep Separate

• Release

Results are only viewable after voting.
Heath Slater - I say don't change. He will never be a top guy, but wwe need jobbers who can put on a good match. He fills a spot well.

Jinder Mahal - never really saw much in him. release

Drew McIntyre - Definitely repackage. Bring back his meaner side. I wouldn't bring back the chosen one gimmick because after everything that has happened since it would just sound like a joke now. I liked the gimmick when he came in with it, but it can't be redone. maybe just make him more aggressive and talk about how he has been held down too long.

Hunico - Use as sin cara character. The gimmick will die with mistico. He is awful and injury prone. Plus he can't speak english, which is a problem because he can't work with many in the ring.

Camacho - Just release him. I see no value.

Ezekiel Jackson - They have tried with him. They like him because he is a big guy, but I say release. He isn't very good in the ring and is terrible on the mic.

JTG - I actually like his new look. He needs the right manager though. I think he could be a good fit in the mid-card. Maybe never be champion, but be used.

Zack Ryder - I wish they would give him a more serious gimmick. I guess they could keep the stuff the kids like, but make him aggressive in the ring. I sadly don't see much future in him after being destroyed by the eve, cena, and kane storyline. too bad, i think he could have been used way better.

Curt Hawkins - release him. Last I heard he was doing a biker gimmick, which I'm sure will fail. He just never will even be a good as a jobber.

Justin Gabriel - repackage him. maybe play up all about how is from africa. Give him a manager. Though I think he would be better utilized back in a team with tyson kidd when kidd is recovered.

R Truth - what's the point to repackage? he is getting up there in age and I never see him being any higher in the company than he is now. Just keep his goofy gimmick and let him work good matches with younger talent.

Santino Marella - Keep him as a good comedy act. He can wrestle, but I really never will see him as a true threat. Fans like him and he is entertaining, so just use him the same.

Brodus & Tensai - Just keep as a tag team. They fill a good role and kids love them. If ever needed to be contenders for the belt it wouldn't be hard to make them look like a threat either.

Yoshi Tatsu - I liked when he started using face paint and I think they should have done more with that. For his sake, I think he would better asking for his release and going back to Japan. I don't see wwe using him.

Repackage, Remain the same or Release;

1) 3MB- Heath Slater - Good Luck in all your future endeavors
2) 3MB- Jinder Mahal - Good luck in all your future endeavors
3) 3MB- Drew McIntyre - Good luck in all your future endeavors
4) Hunico - Good luck in all your future endeavors
5) Camacho - Good luck in all your future endeavors
6) Ezekiel Jackson - Repackage. Not sure what but I wouldn't release him and the current gimmick (or lack thereof) isn't working
7) JTG - Good luck in all your future endeavors
8) Zack Ryder - Repackage - Go back to Hawkins and Ryder gimmick with Hawkins and maybe do an angle with Christian (and bring back Edge for it obviously not to wrestle though)
9) Curt Hawkins - see above
10) Justin Gabriel - Good luck in all your future endeavors
11) R Truth - Remain
12) Santino Marella - Remain
13) Brodus & Tensai - Good luck in all your future endeavors
14) Yoshi Tatsu - Good luck in all your future endeavors

Divas- Aksana, Tamina, Alicia Fox - Good luck in all your future endeavors.

1) 3MB- Heath Slater - Remain - maybe it's just me but I love Heath Slater's one man band gimmick and think he plays it extremely well, the other bandmates aren't necessary though
2) 3MB- Jinder Mahal - Release - Maybe he's a victim of shitty booking, but I simply have never seen anything special in him. Bland on the mic nothing special in the ring
3) 3MB- Drew McIntyre - Repackage - He has a solid look, decent mic skills and can go in the ring. He is being completely wasted in 3MB and should be contending for the Intercontinental Championship as the chosen one
4) Hunico - Release - I don't even know who this is
5) Camacho - Release - See #4
6) Ezekiel Jackson - Release - The only noteworthy thing about this guy is his physique. He has no charisma no mic skills and is average at best in the ring
7) JTG - Repackage - I'm only saying repackage because I don't know what his current gimmick is. As a member of Cryme Tyme I saw his charisma and underrated ring ability that most people are probably still unaware of. Maybe a cruiserweight division would help him get on TV but he should be there in some sort of capacity either way.
8) Zack Ryder - Remain - Where in the blue hell did the Zack pack go!? Just a year ago he was one of the most over people on the roster and he wasn't even featured on TV! After he got completely buried for no reason on TV people have seem to forgotten how over he was and how much they loved him prior. WWE should have never buried him, he should've been entertaining us for the last few years as the Long Island Iced Z instead of being on this list with people beneath him.
9) Curt Hawkins - Release - A lot of people hype this guy up but I don't see money in him. His only stint on TV came because he had the same hairstyle as a top guy.
10) Justin Gabriel - Repackage - Don't ask me what his new gimmick should be, but it shouldn't be hard to get a guy with his athleticism over. He has the look, girls think he's cute and he's a multi-generation star so let's get the machine behind him!
11) R Truth - Remain - There is absolutely no reason to fire R-Truth and I'm actually baffled he's on this list. He's a wily veteran who knows how to get a reaction and can effectively put over young talent (see: Wyatt Family).
12) Santino Marella - Remain - Just like R-Truth, there is no reason to release Santino. I see that a lot of people want him repackaged as a serious character but I find that to be both impossible and unnecessary at this point. He is so over as Santino and is a 2-time Intercontinental Champion, and I honestly think he would do wonders as an underdog World Heavyweight Champion. Look at Elimination Chamber 2012, the roof was ready to blow when he hit the cobra on Daniel Bryan, just like the roof was ready to blow when he appeared at the end of Royal Rumble '11 to challenge Del Rio. They simply can make him more credible by giving him more wins without tweaking his character at all.
13) Brodus & Tensai - Release- He wasn't good as Albert, was even worse as A-Train, and is a complete waste of a roster spot as "Sweet T". Matt Bloom I'm sorry, you can't get over in North American wrestling. As for Brodus, he has a unique look and seems somewhat charismatic but cannot dance whatsoever. Maybe we can repackage him but I don't think his ceiling is high enough to make the repackaging worthwhile. Good luck with your future endeavors.
14) Yoshi Tatsu -Release - Bye

Aksana - Release - she literally has never done anything of value, has no place in WWE

Tamina - Remain - she's talented and has the lineage, why isn't she being used?

Alicia Fox - Release - She's decent but not really a standout diva in any regard

Slater & Mahal- remain the same as heel jobber tag team

McIntyre- repackage as a face and team w/Mason Ryan an managed by William Regal. Eventually either Regal & Ryan turn on him or him and Regal Turn on Ryan.

Hunico & Camacho- team them back up and have them be Alberto Del Rio's hired help. Keep them in their Mexican gangsta look or repackage them in a clean cut suit gimmick.

Big Zeke- put him w/Teddy Long and have Teddy complain he was fired as Smackdown GM because of his skin color and Zeke is being held down for the same reason.

JTG- maybe join w/Teddy & Zeke or leave as a quality jobber

R-Truth- Same as JTG

Zack Ryder- remain the same good jobber

Curt Hawkins- remain the same good jobber

Justin Gabriel- team him back up with Tyson Kidd when he returns

Tons of Funk- remain the same good jobber team that could easily be built up to be contenders down the road.(look at the Usos they jobbed out and then got a shot a titles)

Santino- remain the same good jobber who could easily be a contender for mid card belt.

Yoshi Tatsu- remain the same good jobber

Aksana- release

Tamina- remain the same could easily be made a contender

Alicia Fox- remain the same good jobber

Here's what I believe about this question:

If there is ever a time in a wrestler's career where this question of repackaging or releasing ever becomes a central issue to them as a performer, then the only real option is to release them. If they couldn't strike a cord with the audience with one role, you can not just change them and put them back out there and expect them to connect just because they are showing a different side of themselves. There are some who have grown beyond such things and can flip between heel/face at will (show, jericho, hhh, hbk, taker and others) but for the most part, this doesn't happen. At least not until they at least make that 1st strong connection with a character that resonates with the audience. However if you release them, let them go elsewhere for a few months or a year or two, and then bring them back, there's a chance that the time away will cause a sort of mental hiccup in the fans minds and they will reconsider their reaction to the performer, especially if his new character is vastly different then his previous one that fell flat with them. It happens all the time.
or if not release, then keep off tv. But releasing them saves money and takes money from your competition who likely feel they need to hire your leavings simply to try and do what you failed by trying to make them a top star when your company couldn't do it. Jeff Hardy and Christian, are two of the most recent and major benefactors for thsi strategy. Neither was considered to be a potential top level star prior to first leaving wwe, but tna actually managed to capatilize on them and make them into bigger stars then they would have been if they had stayed entirely with wwe. Upon their returns, they were bigger then ever and were pushed hard as legitimate top level competitors and not just top of the midcard. The biggest recent failure in this release, wait and see if make it elsewhere, then rehire as that character, is of course Matt Bloom aka Tensai.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back