• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spring Cleaning??

Starting off. Some people in this thread need to take a long hard look at themselves and ask if they actually know anything about wrestling.
Cutting Michael Mcgillicutty? Really? Just about everyone in the WWE have said they see big things coming from him.
And getting rid of Mark Henry is just ridiculous. A couple of years ago I may have agreed with you. But since his hall of pain gimmick he has been on fire and one of the best gimmicks and been in some of the best feuds.

Right. Now for who I would cut.

First off. Brock Lesnar. Unless you are gonna get him on tv week in week out and get him in a good feud that fans care about. He isn't worth the money the WWE are paying him.

The Great Khali. I'm sure WWE can find a new Asian wrestler to appeal to the masses over there. And one that can actually wrestle and look comfortable doing so.

Pains me to say it but Rey Mysterio. It's time to hang up the mask for Rey. Use him as a trainer. To teach luchadors how to adapt to the WWE style of wrestling. Maybe even help redevelop a cruiser weight division which I personally would love to see again.

David Otunga - I used to think this guy could go far. With the right storyline he could have been huge. But no. Just no. Time to say bye to Otunga and let him carry his coffee into TNA

Jinder Mahal - again with a decent gimmick and that he could have been decent. But he looks so so uncomfortable in 3MB and I think it's time for him to leave the band and leave the WWE

Hunico and Camacho - if I hadn't been watching NXT whilst writing this. I thought they were already gone apart from seeing Camacho get bulldozed in a match. Time for them to go and join TNA. Probably join LAX or something.

JTG -Explains itself really. How has he not been fired yet. Des he know something about management or something?

Evan Bourne - good High flyer. Don't get me wrong. But too injury prone to be successful in WWE. Best sticking to Indy shows. Be a big draw there now he has been in the WWE

Sin Cara - thought he was gonna replace rey full time. He didnt. WWE failed him just as much as he failed them.

Big Zeke and Mason Ryan - either do something with them or get rid. I read a post on here some time ago about making these two a tag team who dominate the division. Give them a mouthpiece and WWE may be able to salvage them.

Hornswoggle - I actually almost forgot about him. There is nothing good about him. When a storyline goes stale. He is the one who they make the culprit and pass it off as a joke.

Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder - these two either need to be a tag team again or get gone. That is all.

Epico and Primo? - these two are debatable. They are good as tag team to fill up the division. Depending on what other pairings the WWE create. These two should go elsewhere

R Truth - in the twilight years now. Not gonna be shooting into the main event any time soon.

Yoshi Tatsu - as someone already said. Try again Japan.

Now those are all obvious choices. And many of you have already said them.
So I'm gonna throw a curveball at you all right now.

RANDY ORTON - WWE creative are clearly not wanting to turn him heel any time soon. And people are clearly cooling on him as a face. He causes trouble backstage. Breaks multiple WWE policies. And must clearly be on his final strike by now. So lets get rid of him and shoot Cody Rhodes into the main event picture.

Alex Riley- He appears to be in the dog "mansion". Lets have some mercy on him and release him.

Camacho- I dont know what value this man adds to the roster and I dont have the patience to find out.

Curt Hawkins- Probably one of the most talented midcarders but to be honest he lost his opportunity a long time ago.

Epico- Another case of too little too late.

Evan Bourne- The only thing he has going for him is his finishing move. With no mic skills I doubt he'll get far once hes back on TV.

Ezekiel Jackson- One trick pony, and the last time anyone ever rode him was years ago.

The Great Khali- Size does not equal talent.

Hunico- Well if Camacho went its only fair...

JTG- As much as I commend him for looking out for the rest of the roster when they didnt get their due pay, he screwed himself out of ever being relevant right there.

Justin Gabriel- So much potential but unfortunately past the mark of anybody caring for his career.

Kofi Kingston- Boring

McGuillicutty- Irrelevant as of NXT.

Primo- If Epico went...

R-Truth- If Kofi went...

Rey Mysterio- Injury prone.

Sin Cara- Botch prone.

Ted Dibiase- Irrelevant as of Legacy.

Tensai- They murdered his career when they teamed him with Brodus.

Tyson Kidd- Past his time

William Regal- Same

Tatsu- When has anyone ever cared about him?

Alex Riley- He appears to be in the dog "mansion". Lets have some mercy on him and release him.

Camacho- I dont know what value this man adds to the roster and I dont have the patience to find out.

Curt Hawkins- Probably one of the most talented midcarders but to be honest he lost his opportunity a long time ago.

Epico- Another case of too little too late.

Evan Bourne- The only thing he has going for him is his finishing move. With no mic skills I doubt he'll get far once hes back on TV.

Ezekiel Jackson- One trick pony, and the last time anyone ever rode him was years ago.

The Great Khali- Size does not equal talent.

Hunico- Well if Camacho went its only fair...

JTG- As much as I commend him for looking out for the rest of the roster when they didnt get their due pay, he screwed himself out of ever being relevant right there.

Justin Gabriel- So much potential but unfortunately past the mark of anybody caring for his career.

Kofi Kingston- Boring

McGuillicutty- Irrelevant as of NXT.

Primo- If Epico went...

R-Truth- If Kofi went...

Rey Mysterio- Injury prone.

Sin Cara- Botch prone.

Ted Dibiase- Irrelevant as of Legacy.

Tensai- They murdered his career when they teamed him with Brodus.

Tyson Kidd- Past his time

William Regal- Same

Tatsu- When has anyone ever cared about him?

While I do agree with some of your choices, I disagree with the idea of dumping all of these guys just for being "irrelevant". Not everyone gets to be a World Champion.

You know if you dump all these guys, then some of the remaining guys will see their statuses downgraded because SOMEONE has to lose matches and put over the new talent. Sure you'll still have some guys like Zack Ryder, but Ryder can't do ALL of the jobbing by himself because that would just become boring and repetitive.

While I do agree with some of your choices, I disagree with the idea of dumping all of these guys just for being "irrelevant". Not everyone gets to be a World Champion.

You know if you dump all these guys, then some of the remaining guys will see their statuses downgraded because SOMEONE has to lose matches and put over the new talent. Sure you'll still have some guys like Zack Ryder, but Ryder can't do ALL of the jobbing by himself because that would just become boring and repetitive.

I agree with that. That's why guys like Tensai, Bourne, Ryder, R-Truth, Kofi, Khali around.

Some of them suck, but most of them are distinctive in ways that they're next talent level up haven't been...EVER.

(BTW, I still think Kofi Kingston can make it "big").

There are guys like Camacho....who the HELL is that??? JTG? Has he been on TV in the past 6 months? Yoshi Tatsu?

Guys like that were used for Superstars of Wrestling on Saturday mornings years and years ago....they have no place today.

It looks as though Spring Cleaning in WWE has started, at least to some slight degree. The main page is reporting that WWE has released Derrick Bateman and Briley Pierce.

Bateman, whose real name is Michael Hunter, is probably best known for the time he spent as part of NXT Season IV and has spent pretty much his time in WWE as part of FCW/NXT. Bateman made a handful of appearances on WWE TV, such as Heat.

Briley Pierce, whose real name is Ryan Nemeth, is the younger brother of current World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler. Pierce has only been wrestling since 2010 and has spent all that time either in either OVW or FCW/NXT.

According to PWTorch.com, there are expected to be 4 more wrestlers will be released today.

Here are the people I would release and why.

the great khali - he really is not needed. I guess they keep him because he is indian and that plays in to that market.

Randy Orton - I am gonna say it. Dude has lost his smile. He doesn't look the least bit interested in being in the WWE to me. I think he is just showing up for a paycheck. Not to mention his continued suspensions. I think they just keep him so he doesn't go to TNA or become a crack addict. I am not the least bit interested in him. Fire him.

Rey Mysterio - Time to retire Rey. Has worked about a year in the last five. I would say - retire or we let you go.

alex riley - self explanatory

curt hawkins - you'reeeee fired.

david otunga - Think he stays because he is married to someone rich. Or he reminds them of Coach. Fire him.

evan bourne - pot head. Always injured. Liability. You're fired.

ezekiel jackson - He still works there? Fired.

heath slater - as funny and stupid as he is. not worth the paycheck. fired.

jinder mahal - Hmmm tough one. I think they could turn him in to a really hated legit heel... somehow. Probably fire him though.

jtg - really? he is still on the payroll. Fired.

michael mcgillicutty - until monday I would have said fire. I think he has potential but it just wasn't working. maybe this new deal with heyman will make him.

santino marella - Fired. He isn't even a goof on TV now.

ted dibiase - hmmmm maybe make him another heyman guy.... keep him... maybe.

yoshi tatsu - fired. Way better japanese guys they could pick up if they wanted.

zack ryder - sorry broski. You gotta go.

Here are the people I would release and why.

the great khali - he really is not needed. I guess they keep him because he is indian and that plays in to that market.

[

Randy Orton - I am gonna say it. Dude has lost his smile. He doesn't look the least bit interested in being in the WWE to me. I think he is just showing up for a paycheck. Not to mention his continued suspensions. I think they just keep him so he doesn't go to TNA or become a crack addict. I am not the least bit interested in him. Fire him.

Rey Mysterio - Time to retire Rey. Has worked about a year in the last five. I would say - retire or we let you go.

alex riley - self explanatory

curt hawkins - you'reeeee fired.

david otunga - Think he stays because he is married to someone rich. Or he reminds them of Coach. Fire him.

evan bourne - pot head. Always injured. Liability. You're fired.

ezekiel jackson - He still works there? Fired.

heath slater - as funny and stupid as he is. not worth the paycheck. fired.

jinder mahal - Hmmm tough one. I think they could turn him in to a really hated legit heel... somehow. Probably fire him though.

jtg - really? he is still on the payroll. Fired.

michael mcgillicutty - until monday I would have said fire. I think he has potential but it just wasn't working. maybe this new deal with heyman will make him.

santino marella - Fired. He isn't even a goof on TV now.

ted dibiase - hmmmm maybe make him another heyman guy.... keep him... maybe.

yoshi tatsu - fired. Way better japanese guys they could pick up if they wanted.

zack ryder - sorry broski. You gotta go.

Most of those guys still have a use. WWE just needs to learn how to manage their time better.

The problem with WWE is that they only care about the main event. The only reason these guys aren't being pushed is because they aren't main event guys. We need to stop thinking of midcarders are jobbers and WWE needs to start making everyone no matter what level they're on matter. Just because these guys aren't going to be World Champions any time soon doesn't mean they don't matter.

Like I said before get rid of all of those guys, and guys with potential like Cody Rhodes or Damien Sandow automatically become the lowest guys on the totem pole by default, and they'll be the ones stuck putting over all the new talents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back