It needs to be done.

Really? Get serious bro, why would a billion dollar company need to save money? What a joke.

In fairness, millions are spent on salaries, renting arenas, transporting equipment, advertising, pyro, building and maintaining things like the new fitness center, and so on. Even the rich have big expenses and choose to cut back from time to time, regardless of what large amount of revenue comes back in. That isn't a joke, it is a reality that is frequently used, even if it is odd to us.

With that being said,I'd naturally prefer to see people who have a greater chance of success than stagnant ones. Athe same time, a lot wrestlers that people tend to want released are rarely the ones taking up airtime. Having someone like JTG for example employed for the occasional job or house show appearance, isn't something that annoys me personally, nor does Khali, who I don't really care for, but isn't on that often. Things like shorter promos/non match segments can potentially get some people more airtime without any releases too.
Sometimes 20 minutes is given to convey a point or lead to a run in that can possibly have the same effect in less than half the time.

At this point most debuts (at least debuts as new characters) have been heels in the last couple of years minus Ryback (who is now one), Brodus Clay (once he returned after being a heel with Del Rio), and Bo Dallas (who quickly stopped being on the main shows). With the likes of Ziggler, Henry, Rhodes, and The Miz now being faces along with the many others, it looks like young heel talent at least will get an even bigger chance to shine as the opponents for those people, who also look like they will continue to get attention.

Do you realize that if the WWE cut their "dead wood", Curtis Axel wouldn't be here right now?

He's a fresh face, & as Michael Mcgillicutty he was considered "dead wood".

Or how about Bray Wyatt? Dead wood as Husky Harris, even though I was really fond of him & his matches with Kaval in NXT, he wouldn't be here either.

How about Mark Henry? Before he went on a path of destruction, he would job in his kool-aid man suit.

Point is, you can't release all of that talent, as sometimes, they just need to be retooled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back