Face and heel turns that should happen in 2013.

I am Mr. Excitement

Occasional Pre-Show
So, every year there's always the big heel turn and big face turn for a certain WWE superstar. For example 2012 Big Show turned heel and Miz and Del Rio turned fae. Which superstars are in need of a heel turn or face turn in 2013.

Heel turns

Kofi Kingston- Unlike John Cena WWE can for sure get away with a Kofi heel turn. I think Kofi is built like a heel and can deff pull it off if WWE has the brass to do it. No offense to Kofi but he's been doing the same thing for years and it's time for him to try something new. Heel turn could deff benefit him for a well-deserved title run and can make him a more believable champion as a heel than a face.

Randy Orton- Do I need to explain? He's better as a heel and he's just a natural at being a heel. Enough said.

Zac Ryder- To me I can see him just doing a flip out kind of heel turn. Where he's basically tired of being a joke etc and just being a cowardly heel type. He can be a Christian or Miz kind of heel and if used correctly could be one of the best heels in WWE.

John Cena- Now, here me out I agree with most people that WWE will never turn Cena heel but if they do decide to it, it should be this year. I don't know how they could do it but it needs to be done atleast once in his career and if it doesnt work out then turn him back face quickly.

Kane- Before Kane calls it a day I think that they should give him another Monster type heel push. Kane can play both heel and face, one of the few people in the company that can do so, but I hope most agree with me that Kane is just better as a heel and cuts better promos as a heel. Kane doesn't have much time until he retires so I think one more heel run for him could be memorable and could write the last chapter in his hall of fame career.

Ryback- I think Ryback will be a better heel than a face. He has the size strength and terrible mic skills to be a monster heel. I really think if WWE wants to put the title on him he should probably be a heel in my book. But if they don't turn him in 2013 it will happen somewhere down the line.

Face turns

Jack Swagger- I know Swagger has always been a solid, decent heel but I believe that if they turn him face it would be a better idea than keeping him heel. He can be the american hero type of face that fueds with maybe Antonio Cessaro and can be a Jim Duggan kind of face except not walking around with a two by four and screaming HIYO!!

Brock Lesnar- I don't neccesarily think it should happen but that seems the route that WWE wants to take possibly in his fued with CM Punk next summer. He's not really a bad face he just doesn't know how to talk on the mic. Plus you can't have Pual Heyman as a face it's just not believable. But I guess if Lesnar is a part-timer he mine as well be a face.

Dolph Ziggler/Cody Rhodes- I put both of these guys on here because I think these two men are the future of WWE and I also believe that this will be the Rock/Austin, Punk/Cena, HHH/HBK of the next era. So one of them has to turn face. In my opinion I think Cody should turn face I think he can pull a face character off pretty good if given the chance. But I think the face turn will be up to the fans in who they hate and who they like more.

Thanks for reading and please give your opinions on future Heel/face turns for 2013.

I think you brought up several good examples in your original post especially Randy Orton. He's the #1 Superstar in need of a turn. He shouldn't be smiling as he's much better as a heel.

Miz also needs to go back to being a heel. He's too cocky and dislikable to be a successful face.

I'd like another Daniel Bryan "turn" though this will most likely happen when they split up Team Hell No. Bryan turns on Kane to cost them the titles and they have a match @ Mania.

I also could picture a CM Punk face turn whenever they opt to break him away from Heyman/Lesnar.

Off topic I know, but I'd like them to turn Khali and Swoggle into Alumni by wishing both well in their future endeavors as they're easily the worst part of the WWE roster currently.

Those are good choices, but IMO I think CM Punk should make the face instead of Brock. It wouldnt make sense to make one of the top Superstars (Triple H) force to "retire" then come back and turn face. Unless Triple H comes back and beats Brock. But Brock fits more for the monster heel, so I think it would be a mistake to turn him. CM Punk in the other end has been one of the greatest heels of all time, but no one really notices that he was one of the greatest babyfaces of all time. CM Punk plays great with both. So lets have Punk have the face turn, since we barely got to see him as a face. One year as the face is a bit to little, compared to others. I can also see Cody Rhodes and Ziggler being great faces. Especially Cody since he started in the WWE as a babyface. And Ryback is just God Awful terrible, and a waist of T.V time. He needs to be the monster heel he should be. And Zack Ryder needs more T.V time, so why not turn him heel, make him snap that would be great, as well as Kofi with the same reason. I agree with u on the John Cena opinion, and Randy Orton needs to be a heel, but Sheamus also needs a heel turn as well, IMO, and I thought WWE was gonna repackage Swagger as the face, but now I guess hes a bigger heel.

I think Punk will be more of a tweener than a full blown face but it will happen.

I can't see Lesnar as a face. He's better as a beast monster heel that can't talk.

As for Ryback: See Lesnar. He'll be better as a heel. Monsters who can't talk can only be faces for so long.

I think Christian should be heel when he comes back. Since he returned he's done both but I think now he needs to go back to being a full blown heel.

Face Turns:
Dolph Ziggler wish they'd do it before the title run but after he flops as champ they should realize that he is better as a face

Cody Rhodes give him something since the RhodeScolars broke up i don't know what if anything he will do. Hes been heel for a while now and he just stays put so maybe try something different its not like you will be hurting his momentum anyway.

Seth Rollins: He should turn on the shield and feud with Dean Ambrose. Hes not good enough on the mic to be a solo heel at this point and he has a lot of Charisma in the way he wrestles similar to Jeff Hardy.

Cm Punk: If they want to do Lesnar Punk then Punk needs to turn not Lesnar as A.) he sucks on the mic and B.) if you turn him then who after Punk would he face. If they choose not to do Lesnar Punk then don't turn punk.

Heel Turns:
Randy Orton: it doesn't need to happen as some people think. As the fans still love Randy and there are still some long term feuds out there (Cesaro, Sandow, the Shield members) but he would be better suited for it. But the Main reason to turn him is to help get the Sheamus's, the Del Rios and Rybacks over more. Randy is no longer needed as a top baby face but he can turn heel and help the new ones out some more.

Daniel Byran: I'm not sure what to call Daniel Byran at this point heel or baby face so i just went with face for the sake of this thread. Byran should turn full heel and be that whinny little bitch he was when he was champ and post title reign. That worked for him and they ended it too soon. Yes the fans will still chant yes and certain fans will always cheer him but i see more value in whinny heel then in a standard face with him.

The reason i have more face turns then heel is i think the guys who will get called up from NXT this year will be mostly heels. Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt family, Leo Kurger, Kassius Ohno, Connor O'Brian, Corey Graves. all of them seem close to ready and only Ohno might be a face the rest there gimmicks and looks say heel to me. where as only a few faces seem close Xavier Woods Richie Steamboat.

So, every year there's always the big heel turn and big face turn for a certain WWE superstar. For example 2012 Big Show turned heel and Miz and Del Rio turned fae. Which superstars are in need of a heel turn or face turn in 2013.

Heel turns

Kofi Kingston- Unlike John Cena WWE can for sure get away with a Kofi heel turn. I think Kofi is built like a heel and can deff pull it off if WWE has the brass to do it. No offense to Kofi but he's been doing the same thing for years and it's time for him to try something new. Heel turn could deff benefit him for a well-deserved title run and can make him a more believable champion as a heel than a face.

Randy Orton- Do I need to explain? He's better as a heel and he's just a natural at being a heel. Enough said.

Zac Ryder- To me I can see him just doing a flip out kind of heel turn. Where he's basically tired of being a joke etc and just being a cowardly heel type. He can be a Christian or Miz kind of heel and if used correctly could be one of the best heels in WWE.

John Cena- Now, here me out I agree with most people that WWE will never turn Cena heel but if they do decide to it, it should be this year. I don't know how they could do it but it needs to be done atleast once in his career and if it doesnt work out then turn him back face quickly.

Kane- Before Kane calls it a day I think that they should give him another Monster type heel push. Kane can play both heel and face, one of the few people in the company that can do so, but I hope most agree with me that Kane is just better as a heel and cuts better promos as a heel. Kane doesn't have much time until he retires so I think one more heel run for him could be memorable and could write the last chapter in his hall of fame career.

Ryback- I think Ryback will be a better heel than a face. He has the size strength and terrible mic skills to be a monster heel. I really think if WWE wants to put the title on him he should probably be a heel in my book. But if they don't turn him in 2013 it will happen somewhere down the line.

Face turns

Jack Swagger- I know Swagger has always been a solid, decent heel but I believe that if they turn him face it would be a better idea than keeping him heel. He can be the american hero type of face that fueds with maybe Antonio Cessaro and can be a Jim Duggan kind of face except not walking around with a two by four and screaming HIYO!!

Brock Lesnar- I don't neccesarily think it should happen but that seems the route that WWE wants to take possibly in his fued with CM Punk next summer. He's not really a bad face he just doesn't know how to talk on the mic. Plus you can't have Pual Heyman as a face it's just not believable. But I guess if Lesnar is a part-timer he mine as well be a face.

Dolph Ziggler/Cody Rhodes- I put both of these guys on here because I think these two men are the future of WWE and I also believe that this will be the Rock/Austin, Punk/Cena, HHH/HBK of the next era. So one of them has to turn face. In my opinion I think Cody should turn face I think he can pull a face character off pretty good if given the chance. But I think the face turn will be up to the fans in who they hate and who they like more.

Thanks for reading and please give your opinions on future Heel/face turns for 2013.

Kofi Kingston - I like the idea of Kofi turning heel. I'm not sure how it would work out but Kofi has gone as far as he's going with his current babyface character. Kofi has the goods in the ring and he's demonstrated solid ability on the mic. I think there's untapped potential in Kofi Kingston and a heel turn MIGHT lead to big things for him.

Randy Orton - According to reports, Orton is scheduled for a heel turn sometime this year. I've no clue whether it'll happen before WM or not. Orton has been wanting to go heel for a long while now and, frankly, I think he's much better as a heel.

Zack Ryder - I'm not sure about Ryder. I think he has the potential to be a good heel. Like Kofi, Ryder has gone as far as he's going with his current babyface character. It wouldn't bother me to see him turn heel. Ryder has a lot of personality and I think he could pull it off.

John Cena - I've long since given up hope on this happening. If WWE was going to turn Cena heel, the best opportunity would have been during his feud with The Rock leading into WM last year. I can understand why they keep him as a babyface though. Cena is a cash cow for WWE and despite however much griping goes on by the IWC, Cena as he is draws well and generates a lot of money for WWE.

Kane - I see Kane finishing up his career as a heel. He's been highly entertaining in his role with the unlikely, yet highly entertaining, team he's forged with Daniel Bryan, but I don't see WWE being able to really sustain that after he & Bryan ultimately go their separate ways. Kane's career in general has been defined with him being a monster heel. It's a role he's done very well in, it's a role that's helped make him wealthy. He's shown in the past few years that he's capable of being more than that, he's certainly shown it over the course of the past 5 months or so, but I do believe he'll be back as a heel before this year is done.

Ryback - I have to disagree about Ryback. Ryback has the definitely look & intensity to be a believable monster heel. However, WWE seems to have a good thing going with Ryback right now. His feud with CM Punk has taken him from a barely tolerated clone of Goldberg to a babyface that draws strong reactions whenever he comes out. I think WWE could turn him heel with little trouble if they wanted to, but I don't especially think Ryback needs it at this point.

Face turns

Jack Swagger - Based on what we've seen from Swagger over this past week, I disagree with turning him babyface. Since his return last Friday, Swagger has been cast & moved forward in the role of an intense, serious heel with his mind on business. While it's still very early in Swagger's return, I'm enjoying the direction he's currently going in.

Brock Lesnar - I do not see this happening whatsoever, nor do I think it should. Everything about Brock Lesnar from his look to his mannerisms to the way he's been portrayed since his return to WWE screams heel. WWE worked hard and successfully in 2012 to make Brock Lesnar into someone easy to dislike and to root against instead of painting him as the "cool heel" that fans think it's edgy to cheer for. They painted Lesnar in something that I think is pretty true to life: a mercenary that's only in it for the money and has no real love for anything he's ever done. They've painted Lesnar as someone that's kind of a bully as well. Hell, two weeks ago on Raw, he "broke" the hip of a 67 year old man, namely Vince McMahon, as part of a storyline. Even though Vince has never exactly been lovable, most fans don't want to rally behind someone that beat up, for all intents & purposes, a 70 year old man. Lesnar is a special attraction that's going to be rolled out at certain points of the year to feud with top stars for the purpose of popping a tv rating and jack up ppv buys that fans want to see get beaten up.

Dolph Ziggler/Cody Rhodes - There was talk very early this year about turning Ziggler babyface. I think the Wrestling Observer Newsletter reported that Vince wasn't so much concerned about whether or not to turn Ziggler babyface, but as to when it should happen. I think Ziggler has the personality & charisma to pull off a strong babyface turn. Ziggler's worked hard to get to where he currently is and fans have really started to respond to him over the course of about the past year or so, which is when he really started to establish himself as a character on television. I doubt it'll happen until sometime post WM, if it happens at all. As for Cody Rhodes, it's hard to say about Rhodes altogether. Thus far, he's been jobbed out since the split of Team Rhodes Scholars, so who knows.

Daniel Bryan - I'm going to add one to the list, namely Daniel Bryan. Since December 2011, Daniel Bryan went from a generic babyface to being one of the most over wrestlers on the roster. He's shown that he has the personality & promo ability to get over with fans. Once his current program with Kane ends, I'd like to see them move Bryan more towards the area of a more serious, passionate babyface. Bryan has the ability in the ring, everyone knows that. I honestly think they could make him something akin to Chris Benoit, only with a personality. Bryan is able to rally fans behind him, especially if he were to go back to simply using "Yes" while a babyface to rally the fans behind him. Again, during the course of his slow heel turn, Bryan received a HUGE response whenever he came out. Whether he's a face or a heel, I'd like to see Bryan back to something more serious. He's been great in the role he's had with Kane the past 5 months or so, but I'd hate to see Bryan cast as a mostly comedic guy from here on in.

Heel turns
Kofi Kingston, Randy Orton, Zac Ryder, John Cena, Kane, Ryback.

Face turns Jack Swagger, Brock Lesnar, Dolph Ziggler/Cody Rhodes.
ok.......let me first say this...I would love to see Cena heel, but don't expect it. same with Kane, but again, don't expect it and same with Kofi....I think Orton will and should turn heel....also another person who should turn heel is The Miz, he's just too arrogant for a face in my book and whenever Ted returns turn him heel, me personally, I would like to see Ted Dibiase and Michael McGuillicutty as a heel tag team.

now for face turns, I think Bryan is the first one as the fans get behind his yes and no chants and two, I think a feud with Ziggler would really help his career out, so I think he should also turn face (in my book, he's currently a tweener)....as for Punk (who some had an opinion on) I think he should be a tweener the rest of his career, but no matter what he is, he's gold at due to his mic work....I personally like him best as a tweener though as he can speak his mind more, but if they leave him heel or turn him face, it would work.

kofi certainly need a change, he's too stale as a face and also Randy. Them two are the main heel turns IMO and maybe also Daniel bryan ( against Kane ) and Sin Cara ( against Rey )

Face turns may be :
- Cm punk : From the whole lesnar/heyman thing ( we saw on the wrestlezone they may do punk vs lesnar later)
- Seth Rollins ( Breakaway from the shield and may feud with Dean ambrose W/ Roman Reigns ) Seth has the most potential as a face
- Dolph Ziggler ( Big E langston secretly getting with AJ or something and he makes the face turn )

ALL of this is just my opinion, don't get butthurt, do whatever the FUCK you wanna do.

As for who I think will turn, here it goes...

Heel Turn

Del Rio will bomb as a face if he hasn't already and go back to being a midcard heel.

Daniel Bryan will turn heel by turning on Kane but still get the same exact reaction that he gets now.

Face turns...

Big Show's heel runs don't seem to last very long anymore. He turns heel for a year or two then gets funny again, then turns face. I see this happening by this summer.

Jack Swagger will defeat Cesaro for the US championship and that will turn him face.

Roman Reigns will become a face after the shield breaks up and will feud with his former team mates.

Here's who's not changing.

Randy Orton. Orton needs a change more than anyone, but it's not going to happen and here's why. He's still getting loud pops, sells a lot of merch and draws better than any babyface not named Cena. If Ziggler somehow turns face and catches fire, then we'll talk about Orton turning, but for now I just don't see it happening.

Dolph Ziggler. The internet wants it OOOHHHH SO BAAAAD, but it's not going to happen. Or shouldn't happen anyway. Unless you live on message boards marking out for people who specialize in flipping and flopping around like a rag doll there is nothing about Ziggler's character that fans will cheer for. Unless he undergoes a massive personality transplant I see him staying exactly where he is. Unless it's cool again to cheer for the pretty boy with the pretty moves again. Maybe John Morrison can answer that one.

Brock Lesnar. He comes off as a total asshole. Don't get me wrong, I love watching Lesnar. He's absolutely magnetic, but he's no babyface. He'll get some cheers, but his character will never work as a face because people don't want to see him sell or narrowly overcome the odds at the last minute. They want to see him destroy shit until somebody finally shuts him up.

CM Punk - See the first half of 2012 as to why CM Punk should never be a babyface again. The WWE championship almost disappeared into the background with the squeaky clean yet "Oh so edgy" (right?) Punk in possession of it. Going back to Ring of Honor he was always a much better heel than face. Only in ROH the character's alignment didn't have as much to do with being over as that whole wrestling thing they like to do over there. Silly right? (Sarcasm)

John Cena. As far as Cena goes, I agree with Bret Hart on this one. People can boo him because they're tired of him, but there's no way to turn him into a heel without making him look silly. Nobody's going to buy him as a heel so it's pointless.

Anybody else is pretty much fair game.

Ok pick for who needs a HEEL turn the most is Zack Ryder. Drop the Woo Woo stuff and go with more of a cocky arrogant Long Island boy who is all about the party and also sings. He could even incorporate his Hoeski song into the mix. He could make a very good comedic heel. Kind of like a mesh of Robbie E and Heath Slater. To those that say Orton, yes I do believe Orton is better as a heel but the difference is he can still get over huge as a face. Ryder NEEDS the turn, Orton does not. Ryder's stock with not only Vince but the fans have fallen drastically. I firmly believe unless Ryder/creative can find a way to freshen up his character he will quickly become future endeavored.

As far as the top guy I feel needs a FACE turn, this one was a little tough for me to call. If nothing else because I feel WWE is already face heavy. However I would put my vote on Big Show. He is on his last year or two of action in my opinion and the guy is funny on the Mic. While I don't feel he should go back to do Imitations, let him be the comedic big man who we all want to see knock out the bad guys.

In the Tude era we had "tweeners". Now we have guys who truly are whatever the audience thinks. John Cena is both a heel and a face. Why? To one generation, a superhero baby face is something you aspire to be, to the other, it's like that good looking guy at the office who is always showing up early, staying late, mingling with the executives, has a hot wife and athletic kids, and generally annoys you just because he's too good.

Daniel Bryan is too lovable, he'll be a heel.

CM Punk is another example. The people who would buy into him cheer him now, so who gives a shit? He's better as a heel because he seems to be a pretty natural bitter and combative person.

I think Ziggler, but he has to keep his arrogance. You can't turn him into 1996 Shawn Michaels.

Other than that iunno. I like Alberto as a face, they need to push him calling people "perro" more because I think it's hilarious.

Orton turning heel and maybe Orton/Ziggler being the summer feud.

Heel turns

1. R-Truth - The man is impossible to watch as a face yet he's an entertaining act as a heel. His heel promos are pretty good, it's obvious he should be working as a heel.

2. Randy Orton - His starpower has obviously faded, he hardly made a dent during WWE's Raw poll. He wants to be heel and he works better as a heel. It's obvious this man should be the psycho Randy Orton we all loved to hate from 05-10.

3. Santino Marella - He was a hilarious heel. The Honka Meter was great. I know Santino can never be a main eventer, but he could totally be an entertaining villain again. Some highlights of his are his promos with Jericho and his run with Beth Phoenix.

4. Ted DiBiase and Michael McGillicutty - I think both of them are suited better as cocky young heels. Maybe even as a tag team. Either way, they would be much better than the bland faces they play now.

5. Sheamus - He's very bland as a face. I know it's not likely WWE will turn both him and Randy Orton, but I think they very well should both turn. Let Ryback, Cena, Jericho, Del Rio and the part-timers carry the face side of the show.

6. Yoshi Tatsu - Yoshi Tatsu has always been mishandled. I can see him as a wrestling purist who wants to educate the WWE Universe on how to behave during the show. He would bring out a small collection of people to sit around the ring in chairs and behave quietly during the match, clapping instead of chanting, etc. It would really rile the fans up.

7. Mason Ryan - He needs to turn heel, but because of his microphone challenges, he should be paired with someone like McIntyre or Barrett. Hell, put all three together and they can have a UK Stable.

8. Bo Dallas - He's as bland as a babyface can get. I'd like him to be swayed by Bray Wyatt to join his cult so Bo can get some character depth. Right now, he's probably WWE's least interesting character on TV.

9. Brodus Clay - He should have been a monster heel. His NXT promo about how the WWE Universe broke his heart was excellent. I'd like to see more of that fire from him. How about he also joins Bray's cult? Bray needs some muscle!

10. Layla - She is probably the worst face Diva's Champion in history and that's saying something. She was much better as a heel. I can see her managing Barrett, Oliver Grey or any other British wrestler.

Face turns

1. Seth Rollins - He should turn against Ambrose. That would be an excellent feud that would definitely bring us amazing matches and put both guys over. Rollins can then go on to feud with Punk, Sandow, Ziggler and a lot of guys which he could tear down the house.

2. Hunico - He needs to get off TV and come back as a masked luchador just like Sin Cara and Rey. I find it silly to limit the number of luchadors to 2 when one of them can't even speak. Redebut him as "Incognito" and he could steal the show on one brand while Sin Cara works the other. I bet Hunico ends up being more successful.

3. Roman Reigns - He can basically be 2013's Ryback if done right. He's got the look, the muscle and the power moves. I can see him being spotlighted on Smackdown as a new top face.

4. Curt Hawkins - He's over on Twitter and YouTube. He should be teaming with Ryder as a face tag team or starting a singles career as an Edge-like character. I can see him doing well if WWE actually decides to give him a shot.

5. Jack Swagger - He has the look, the physique, the talent, and the background as a 2 time All American American. This man is a national hero waiting to happen. I don't know if WWE thinks that it's become too international to have a patriotic champion, but I don't think it has. Seeing a man be proud of his country is something everyone can relate too. Plus, Smackdown's top face is a really proud Irish patriot! If he can shill his country, Swagger can too.

6. Tamina - She needs to get back with The Usos. Her heel run won't be very interesting.

7. Heath Slater - This man got over on the internet with his "jobbing to legends" angle. He's actually a funny guy and a funny character. He can go places as WWE's newest comedic face.

8. Camacho - I feel pretty sorry for the guy. No one knows he exists. He really isn't half bad, all he needs is some repackaging. I can see him being WWE's next Samoan face. Every era needs a midcard Samoan!

9. JTG and David Otunga - JTG commits crimes and Otunga is his lawyer. This would be a classic comedic act that can be over with the crowd. Although it has a lot of potential as a heel tag team, I can see it work as a face team too. With such a stacked heel side in the WWE, I think they could work better as faces.

10. Titus O'Neil - Titus was actually over as the face of NXT. He turned heel rather randomly and then got onto Raw. I think it's time he turns face again so WWE can see if he's a better Ezekiel than Ezekiel. Titus can go places if handled correctly.

I think I see one way they could have Cena turn heel. He faces Rock at Mania (hopefully being in ring shape regarding the Rock.) and after he beats him he then goes and smashes the WWE Title over the Rock's head and as the stunned audience looks on he just smiles and does his taunt to the crowd....yeah that would be a good way ala Stone Cold maybe but definitely would sell the crowd on him seemingly turning his back on the universe....

Heel turns:

Randy Orton - Not bad as a face but he was better as a heel

R-Truth - Awesome as a crazy heel

Sheamus - Completely SUCKS as a face. So boring, needs a turn.

DBry/Kane - One of these guys need to turn heel again so they can feud. Honestly not
sure who but they'll probably turn Kane because Daniel Bryan is WAY over.

Face Turns:

Cody Rhodes - One of my favorites at the moment besides The Miz and Antonio Cesro. He would make a pretty good face if he was given the chance.

Seth Rollins - He made an awesome face in NXT and I loved his entrance how he used to go nuts to his music. Really helped get people excited, plus everyone says he is like Jeff Hardy as a face which would be good since Jeff Hardy is awesome.

Kofi's in-ring style suits a face, if they want to turn him they'd have to change his in-ring style and they'd be mad to do that, Kofi just need a slight character change.

Face Turns:

Big E Langston: This guy gets over big time on NXT as a babyface, just got to be careful not to let him become irrelevant like Zeke Jackson.
Tamina: I can see her become the most popular diva in WWE with her in-ring style.
Drew McIntyre: He's got the look, but he's buried as the third wheel in a lower mid card tag team, have him turn on them and push him as a face.
JTG: It can't surely get much worse for him can it? He was an entertaining face with Cryme time, they should just rehire Shad and put them back together, dunno why they ever broke em up.

Heel Turns

R-Truth: I loved his heel character, just cracked me up every week, pleeeease turn him again WWE.
Orton: Well its common knowledge that his heel turn will be happening very soon anyway, he is a far better heel then a face.
The Miz: It never made sense to me why they turned him in the first place, this guy is a hell of a lot easier to hate then to like.

Heel Turns:
-Randy Orton: He is flat out stale right now. Orton hasn't been compelling to me since his feud with Christian, which was amazing but since then it just seems like he is a third fiddle babyface that fight Wade Barrett anytime he has nothing to do. He isn't as amzing as a heel as Punk but if Punk turns face to fight Brock(see below) Orton could easily steal the spotlight as the top full-time heel in the company.

-Rey Mysterio: I know, kind of random but between that fact that I can't recall Rey ever being a heel in WWE & the fact that WWE still seems to want Rey vs. Sin Cara at Mania, it only makes sense that Rey's last true run is as a heel. Because even if he retires heel(which probably wouldn't be the case) he would still return as a babyface Legend.

-Kane: While teaming with Bryan has been great, Kane has compeltely lost his edge & everything his regained when he returned 're-birthed' with his new masks. He needs to gain that back before he retires & have one solid run atleast near the top.

-Brodus Clay: He is a much better heel I think & if this team with Tensai ends up forming, most likely they will feud & Tensai JUST turned face. Not to mention I think a year+ of "Somebody Call My Momma" is enough that fans don't really get up & dance much anymore.

-R-Truth: As already stated by others, he is entertaining as heel & a boring, goofy mess as a face. Turn him heel again & maybe form a faction with PTP or somebody.

-Zack Ryder: Either a heel turn or he get's fired, that's the only choices I see for Ryder & WWE right now. Unless WWE really wants to keep him (as long as he is willing) as some useless babyface jobber at best that makes songs like "Hoeski".

-Tyson Kidd: Since WWE doesn;t seem to be using him in a tag team & it doesn;t appear that cruiserweight show is coming anytime soon turn Kidd heel. I think without the Hart Dynasty, he is a much better heel if WWE would give him the right chances. I could see him as a solid heel US champion simular to Cesaro but with a high flying style.

-Layla: As Laycool she was good. As face Layla she sucks(& not in the good way). Maybe a heel Layla would be alright?

-El Local: The masked El Local can attack Del Rio & start a great teacher vs. student type of storyline. I know Del Rio without Ricardo would be wierd but if they truely want Del Rio over as a babyface, the true test is to pit him against the man who get's him over more than anything else. I think it would be an incradibly funny & entertaining story if done right.

Face Turns:
-CM Punk: With Brock re-signing, I have no doubts that we will see Punk vs. Lesnar sometime before Brock is gone & I don't think there is any chance Brock is the face in that.

-Wade Barrett: He has been a heel since NXT & his 'Barrett Barrage' seems to be gaining very little steam as of late. I think as his tough fighter character Barrett could end up being an unexpected star as a face.

-Cody Rhodes: He has the mustache, he hasn't been face for a long time & I just can't see Sandow turning face if they feud, Sandow is still just too fresh. If he has true potential, he should be able to make it a as a singles star babyface more now than ever.

-Jack Swagger: He needs a change & a goatee & longer hair isn't it. Like Barrett, as a heel their good, but as a face I think they could truely be great.

-3MB: They work best as a goofy, fun, stupid tag team/faction. Them trying too hard to be annoying is really getting old & boring fast. Turn them face & I would almost promise good promos, funny skits & an overall much more entertaining group. I could see a face 3MB faction bringing back the freebird rules & holding onto the tag titles most of 2013.

Noteable Mentions:
-Chris Jericho: WWE might want to turn him heel to face Ryback & it wouldn;t suprise me since I've always said Jericho is one of(if not THEE) best at switching at any given time but I persoanlly don't care to see a Jericho heel turn right now & so far the match appears to be a rumor at most, so while I could see this match happening & I obviously read into other rumored matches, I still think this is 50/50 at best of actually heppening at Mania right now.
-The Shield: While they will break up some day & I completely expect Rollins & maybe Reigns to turn face, I think this faction is AMAZING still & I really believe, if booked right, The Shield could not only make a huge impact in 2013 but last all the way toa tleast the start of 2014, so as of now I have not included any 3 members seeing as I hope they continue as a heel faction(not because I think they will split & all remain heels).

P.S.- I based this not just on what I think should happen but more importantly what I think COULD happen in 2013. For example I think Sheamus is an aweful face but I don't think there is anyway we see him turn heel anytime soon. Same with Cena & others.

Face Turns:

CM Punk - If he and Lesnar have the feud we're expecting this summer, Punk should without a doubt be the face. The best way to go about it is for him start to resent Heyman for having The Shield interfere in all his matches and for him to to have had no knowledge of the fact that Heyman was paying them and Maddox to help Punk stay champion. Punk can say he never asked for anyone's help and he didn't need it. He was doing just fine as champ until Heyman started trying to take shortcuts. "I don't take shortcuts", Punk will say. "And soon enough I will be WWE Champion again with or without you, but definitely without The Shield or Brad Maddox." The Shield can attack Punk for 2-3 weeks straight in late June/early July, each time Heyman begs them to back off and pretend to have nothing do with it. Then the final time The Shield attacks, Lesnar's music hits and he rushes the ring. Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns all jump out before they seemingly get knocked cold by Lesnar. Brock helps Punk to his feet, asks if he's alright, and then F5's him. Heyman cracks a smile and enters the ring along with The Shield and it's an all-out 4 on 1 attack. There's your setup for SummerSlam.

Jack Swagger - I think this is an easy one. After Cesaro defeats Miz again at EC, he comes out and cuts another one of his anti-American promos on Raw or Smackdown and once again claims no American can beat him for the US Title. Swagger comes out, says when he was at home he was sick and tired of hearing all of Cesaro's trash talking about the USA. "Without this country you despise so much, you wouldn't have ever amounted to anything. Nobody would even know your name. If you have a problem with America, you have a problem with me. You say no American can beat you? Well I'm as American as they get, so why don't you put your belt where your mouth is at WrestleMania and we'll see how long it takes for your hand to tap the mat when I lock the Patriot Act on. As a matter of fact, why don't we find out right now?" Swagger decks Cesaro with a right hand and knocks him on his back, then locks on the newly named submission hold and Cesaro wastes no time in tapping out. Swagger eventually lets go and then grabs Cesaro's American flag, waving it over him and pointing to the giant WrestleMania sign while he's holding his ankle in agony.

Heel Turns:

Randy Orton - This is clearly the one that needs to happen most and ASAP. Randy is so unbelievably stale as a face. He plays the villain perfectly and I can't believe they've let him go this long without turning back. What's it been, 3 years? I don't know how exactly you do it without aligning him with The Shield, but he should interfere in the 6-man tag at EC by attacking Sheamus. Maybe something happens earlier in the night to set him off or the Friday before on SD. However, like I said, it's important to keep him a loner because that just suits him best. Legacy wasn't bad, but I definitely prefer him as a "trust no one" type of wrestler.

Kofi Kingston - A change definitely needs to be made with Kofi. He's done all he can do as the kid-friendly, lovable guy. I think it should start out small. R-Truth should return after a Kofi match on Raw and say he was thinking about how much fun it was when they and Little Jimmy were tag team champions and maybe it's time we get the team back together. Kofi looks to the fans for approval and they cheer it on. Kofi says it sounds like that's what the WWE Universe wants....but that's the problem. He doesn't give a damn what the fans want anymore. He could be a World Champion right now if he hadn't wasted so much time high-fiving the kids and putting a big smile on when he came to the ring. From here on out, the fans matter to him about as much as you can see Little Jimmy. Kofi attempts to walk out, but Truth wants to talk some sense into him. Kofi tells Truth to get out of his face. Truth turns to leave, throwing his arms up in confusion and disappointment. Kofi then attacks him from behind and sends Truth into the ropes, hitting Trouble in Paradise.

Almost forgot The Miz should turn heel again in a few months since that's clearly never going to work out. He's so damn annoying as a face and it's just unnatural.

Turn Cena heel Wrestlemania, of course am hoping its a triple threat match with Rock him and Punk. Let him win the title and go heel. You know many in the crowd will boo his victory so what better time to turn? The Rock would leave soon after and can havePunk go back to being a face, which makes Raw fresh again. If he win the title, Ziggler cashed in the same night and they joined forces with both titles in hand as heels, similar to HHH and Austin, but both guys on top of the mountain with both major titles. It would add new intrigue for sure.

[/QUOTE]
CM Punk - See the first half of 2012 as to why CM Punk should never be a babyface again. The WWE championship almost disappeared into the background with the squeaky clean yet "Oh so edgy" (right?) Punk in possession of it. [/QUOTE]

Sorry , but I'm assuming that ur thinking that his feuds with Jericho(Best In The World vs Best In The World) and Daniel Bryan were Irrelevant.. I thought they were great. CM Punk was a great Babyface. It wasn't his fault it disappeared in the background, WWE was more focused with their Golden Boy, like they always were.. John Cena vs. Rock, John Cena vs Brock, Cena vs Show, etc. The angle with AJ though I thought was a complete joke, so never say never for now. WWE will probably have that feud with Brock, and its definitely Punk switching to the Babyface role again. CM Punk places great with both. CM Punk was also one of the greatest faces of all time, much better then Cena, so I don't know why you say what you say.

I agree on Wade Barrett going "face" and I can kind of see the process beginning with this Bo Dallas feud. Razor Ramon was in a similar position to Barrett, struggling as a heel to get much momentum when he lost to the Kid. From there, once Razor turned face he had nothing but. Barrett is perhaps the closest they have to Scott Hall in size, build and ability so why not use it in a similar way?

Jericho needs to stay face - they teased it last time and the reaction was positive, when he came back this time the fans clearly said they want Y2J, not heel Jericho. Ryback can fight Mark Henry at Mania.

I don't subscribe to the Ziggler face turn stuff, keep him true to his character - most guys like him in the past have lost something once they go face...

Heel turns - The obvious one I can think of is Triple H - puts his career on the line at Mania, loses and takes it out on everyone as "the boss". A bit of Mr. McMahon, a bit of The McMahon/Helmsely Era and a bit of the 2 man power trip - this would feed in well if Cena went heel too as his "star attraction".

John Cena - I've long since given up hope on this happening. If WWE was going to turn Cena heel, the best opportunity would have been during his feud with The Rock leading into WM last year. I can understand why they keep him as a babyface though. Cena is a cash cow for WWE and despite however much griping goes on by the IWC, Cena as he is draws well and generates a lot of money for WWE.

All of that is true, but I would absolutely love to see him go bad.

Is the reason it doesn't happen a corporate decision? Do they feel he'll sell less merchandise if he's a bad guy? Do they think a heel persona would be incongruous with his Make-a-Wish activities? Are they worried the kiddies are going to be disillusioned if they see their hero start to behave dishonorably?

If any of that is so, I guess we can forget about ever seeing it. On the other hand, since there are so many people jeering him already, turning him bad would be like throwing it in their faces ("Oh, yeah? You people like booing me? Now I'll give you something to boo about!").....while at the same time, giving them something they might grow to appreciate. I think Cena would do a bang-up job in this role.

Two reasons I'd like to see him turn bad:

--It would be huge, immense. That natural charisma of his would come shining through like a beacon. This would be the biggest thing since Hulkamania.

--It would be huge when he turns good again. The re-transformation would turn the pro wrestling world on it's ear.

But we don't get to see the excitement of his returning to face status if he doesn't become a heel in the first place. How about doing it after he wins the championship back from the Rock at Wrestlemania?

This would be my face and heel turns for 2013

Face Turns
1) CM Punk - after his Wrestlemania match with Undertaker (most likely) I would have Heyman, Lesnar, and the Shield turn on him with a 4 on 1 beatdown only for him to come back and challenge Lesnar after some time off at Summerslam
2) Big Show - if he's not the dominating champ he makes a better face
3) Cody Rhodes - maybe have him start a new tag team with his brother or even Christian as the single title crowd is pretty heavy right now.

Heel Turns
1) Randy Orton - this is going to happen
2) The Miz - makes a much better heal then face
3) Dibiase and McGillicuty (future tag champs maybe???) running w/Orton maybe to???
I would change McGillicuty back to Joe Hennig to. Maybe a new 4 horseman type group with Orton, Miz, Dibiase, and Hennig that would be good to have a heel group on smackdown running wild. It would give Flair a role on WWE TV as well as the manager.

Heel turns:

Randy Orton. Yes, he's over as a face, incredibly over, in fact, but he's always been far more entertaining as a heel. It's been said Randy prefers to be a heel. They have a striking lack of main event heels. This one is kind of a no-brainer.

Zach Ryder. He's become stale as all hell and is rarely used. Again, considering there is a lack of main event level heels, they need to create somebody. I think Zack would be the easiest guy to turn, actually. He's got history with Cena. All he really has to do is attack Cena and he becomes a heel.

Triple H. The "leader" of a company ALWAYS makes a better heel than a face. It makes for far more interesting storylines and makes it immensely easier for somebody to get over as a face when they oppose the leader.

Ryback. I think he'd actually be far more over as a heel, and I think the Goldberg comparisons would stop if he just attacked Cena or Sheamus and started going after faces. It would be breaking through the proverbial glass ceiling too. He wouldn't even have to change his character much.

Face Turns:

Brock Lesnar. The fans clearly want to cheer him, as they pop like crazy whenever he shows up. Let them do that. I think every part timer should be a face, they're going to get nostalgia pops anyways, so just go with it.

Titus O'Neil. He's hysterical and I could see him getting over like crazy if they decided to turn him. He's one of they few big men they've ever had that actually has charisma.

That's actually it. I wouldn't change anything else.

Thank You LODDemolition. I was just about to say the same thing.

Anyway heel/face turns that I think should happen this year would be

John Cena Regardless of the outcome of his match at Mania I can see Cena going crazy on the Rock afterwards in front of the NY/NJ crowd. The crowd will probably give him the most heat that any arena/stadium ever gave him. At the end one of them will try to shake each others hand and make peace and afterwards Cena just goes nuts on the Rock. Almost similar to Austin/Rock 2 at WM 17.

Zak Ryder Only because his face character has gone as far as it could. It's become stale and I think it would be fresh for him.

Randy Orton He's expressed this many times before that he wants to turn heel and it may do him good. At this point in his career it's rather hard to say if he can turn because he's so over with the fans.

CM Punk Bring him back as a face. While he plays the heel pretty damn good fans didn't want to accept that he's a heel and still cheered him on. He was becoming a fresh face of the company, let him keep riding with that.

Mark Henry Not the smiley face like a few years back but the same kind of monster emphasizing his hall of pain persona. Plus he's getting older I would imagine he doesn't have much years left and when that day comes he can still get some what of a decent send off.

Daniel Bryan I feel they could have gone somewhere further with his whole "YES" jazz ever since he was over with the fans at last year's Mania. While his partnership with Kane is entertaining he always struck me as more a tweener through out this time. Which is fine, but I wanted to see them go further with him as a singles competitor and have the fans turn him into a full fledged face like what happened to Austin. It was going in the right direction.

Personally, I think now is a perfect time for Cena to turn heel. And by now I mean like right now.

He is booked in the 6-man tag match against The Shield at EC and if he were to betray Sheamus and Ryback, he would be booed by everyone, not only that but the IWC would probably turn on The Shield, too. It's like two birds with one stone.

Not only do I think that Cena would be a great choice as the leader of The Shield, I think a very bad guy Cena (with Shield in tow) v. The Rock at Mania would be incredibly successful. Not only the but with guys like Ryback, Sheamus, and a possible turning Punk, I feel the WWE has the back-up to finally pull the trigger.

But they won't...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back