Elder Scrolls V Thread

No game has come close to the amount of anticipation Skyrim has caused me. I'm fucking chomping at the bit to play this game. What makes it better is, I have no idea what to expect. I haven't read anything that could be considered a spoiler, no matter how small and insignificant it may be. The only thing I know is there are dragons. Absolutely nothing else.

To be honest, as far as storyline goes, I know the same as you. I've seen videos of game play, and it looks nice. I'm interested in the story also.

Then again, it's possible I've seen something about the story and just forgotten. Wouldn't surprise me. I'm curious what kind of ratings the game will get.

To be honest, as far as storyline goes, I know the same as you. I've seen videos of game play, and it looks nice. I'm interested in the story also.

Then again, it's possible I've seen something about the story and just forgotten. Wouldn't surprise me. I'm curious what kind of ratings the game will get.

I've shunned everything with any information of the game. No videos, no news, no anything. I know there are dragons, you can use any weapon you want and be efficient with it, and there are 150+ dungeons. Outside of that, I won't know anything until the 11th.

I've shunned everything with any information of the game. No videos, no news, no anything. I know there are dragons, you can use any weapon you want and be efficient with it, and there are 150+ dungeons. Outside of that, I won't know anything until the 11th.

More than I knew. Holy spoiler alert, Batman!

I'm the opposite. I wanted to know as much as possible about the game before i got it. The only thing i didn't watch was the first 20 minutes of gameplay that leaked on youtube a while back.

More than I knew. Holy spoiler alert, Batman!

The only reason i know that is because I went on Wikipedia about a month back to see the date it was being released and the dungeon thing was on there. The weapon thing was in the title of a thread on Reddit. Believe me, I wish I didn't know that but I got screwed as well.

For those interested, one of my favorite things I've heard so far is the shout you get that lets you summon your own dragon to fight shit.

I finally saw the commercial for Skyrim Friday night as I watched Smackdown. Kind of generic, with a dragon and a knight, and no game shots. It doesn't matter though, Bethesda is going to knock this one out of the park as well. Oh man, less than a week to go! It's gonna be hard for me to sleep Thursday night, seriously. The dragons are all that I know about too, and that's fine with me; I want to be surprised and blown away. I can't wait to see what kind of Dark Brotherhood/Morag Tong elements will be in the game. I also know that Skyrim is the biggest province in Tamriel, so hopefully the map will be even bigger than Oblivion's. I'm so pumped for this game! Goodbye to the small shred of social life that I have for the next two months....

Just picked up my copy. Don't be surprised if my presence around here is rather sparse for the next couple of years.

I'm a complete noob here, but a lot of coworkers are talking about this game.

What exactly is it?

I'm a complete noob here, but a lot of coworkers are talking about this game.

What exactly is it?

There's no other game I'd say that is really like it, other than its predecessors or the Fallout series, so it's hard to describe in comparison. It's an epic scale RPG with a substantial (and branching) main quest, several in depth side storylines, and loads of independent side quests. There's a variety of combat options. By default, it takes place in first person (the "right" way to play, according to some) though you can do third person. Basically it's one of the deepest RPGs out there, and the fifth in a beloved series of such RPGs.

Im getting the game, this will be my first one in the series im buying i barely know anything about the gameplay and how it works in the game, all i know of the game is very basic, but i got curious so im buying Skyrim on a whim.

All i know of is theres dungeons, character customization and levelling up as well as screenshots of the graphics and animation which looks superb all of this i read up on but don't know the details of what is involved in the customization and levelling up or even much of the story. I'm excited at what im gonna be playing.

I am literally in love with this game. It's sceneray is way better than Oblivion's tolkien esque one and the game isn't as dumbed down as Oblivion was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back