• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elder Scrolls V Thread

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
**Slyfox Note** - Please put any and all spoilers for this game in spoiler tags. Thank you.

We all know this shit is going to be off the chain. Who else is getting it in eight days, and how much time do you plan to waste playing it during next weekend?

I've had it Pre-ordered for a month now. Hopefully I have a job by the time it comes out but if not I plan on spending most of the weekend playing with a break for The High Noon iPPV on Sunday

I was going to go on a 24 hour marathon, but I have an exam on the eleventh. Utter garbage. I'm going to toy around with it for a few hours, get some sleep, take exam, and spend all goddamn weekend on this thing.

Would you have needed to play the first 4 to enjoy this one?

I think you would get a deeper appreciation out of it, but it's not remotely necessary to enjoy it. Elder Scrolls has a deep, expansive lore that hardcore fans will be rewarded for in Skyrim, but you can enjoy the game thoroughly and not miss much if you've never played the games before.

Harthan is right on the money.

What is amazing about the Elder Scrolls is that each game has its own massive lore associated with it, with just enough references of past and possible future games that both new fans and old greatly appreciate them.

Get Skyrim and love it for what it is, but do yourself a favor and at least try out Oblivion and Morrowind. There's a reason so many people (including myself) are still avid fans after so many years.

Anyhoo, I too am getting this game soon after it comes out, but like Harthan, I have exams of my own, and until I can stop thinking about those god forsaken calculus and chemical formulas, I won't be able to enjoy myself with the game.

But regardless, it will still deserve an installation and a first look on my gaming rig. ;D

I was going to but then I got screwed out of a shit ton of money so I will have to wait. It could be for the best though as I might end up waiting long enough for the price to drop. Does anybody know how long that normally takes?

I was going to but then I got screwed out of a shit ton of money so I will have to wait. It could be for the best though as I might end up waiting long enough for the price to drop. Does anybody know how long that normally takes?
It depends on how good the game is and where you go.

With a game like this I doubt it will drop significantly in price for a while

Untold number of hours will be played on this game when I first get it. In fact, I'm hurrying up to finish my recently purchased Dragon Age, just so I can turn all of my focus and attention on Skyrim.

I will purchase this game the first opportunity I get to go to the store. Looking forward to it.
I got let go a week or so ago.

*stifles comment*

Would you have needed to play the first 4 to enjoy this one?

I very seriously doubt it. You didn't need to play the first 3 to enjoy Oblivion.

I'm waiting too, Skyward sword's out the week after so I'm going with that.

Oblivion overwhelmed me to the point that I wept. If nobody's telling me explicitly what to do, I panic. True in videogames, true in real life.

I'll be indulging myself in this season's linear shooters, thank you very much.

No. However, if you haven't played Oblivion and become addicted, avoid this game like the plague if you want to have a productive life. I easily lost 50+ hours to Oblivion, and I imagine I'll do the same to Skyrim.

50+ hours I did in just the first week on Oblivion. Yes, I realize how big of a loser that makes me sound, but I just point to how awesome Oblivion was.

The number of hours I spent making potions just to improve my Alchemy skill is ridiculous. And for what? I barely used potions.

Exactly! It was just fun to do this minor stuff, even if you barely ever used it.

I used to go out into nature and chase after all kinds of random animals. It didn't do anything towards actually progressing in the game, but it was just so beautifully done.

Shit, I forgot I had Oblivion for my 360. I bought it in a dual pack with Bioshock a year and a half ago. Why the hell was I struggling with Xpadder to get it going on my PC with use of a 360 controller?

Shinier visuals. Right.

I'll be getting Skyrim yes, but for my PC. I need something to really test the strength of my new video card.

I'm quite excited for what kind of mods we'll get. The community is going to have a lot to play with.

Riding dragons, anyone?

Exactly! It was just fun to do this minor stuff, even if you barely ever used it.

I used to go out into nature and chase after all kinds of random animals. It didn't do anything towards actually progressing in the game, but it was just so beautifully done

That's been me with Xenoblade, considering it's a Wii game that's saying something.

Got that shit pre-ordered and will be picking it up on the 11th. Will probably blow 100+ hours on my first playthrough.

If only there were 40 hours in a day. Or if humans didnt so strongly require such petty things as nourishment and sleep. Fuck.

No game has come close to the amount of anticipation Skyrim has caused me. I'm fucking chomping at the bit to play this game. What makes it better is, I have no idea what to expect. I haven't read anything that could be considered a spoiler, no matter how small and insignificant it may be. The only thing I know is there are dragons. Absolutely nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back