• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[DC/Marvel] TV Shows/Movies Discussion Thread

It'll surely be different in the movies so I can't really tell you all the specifics with 100% certainty but just imagine Peter looking up to both Tony and Cap as Spiderman himself is one of the most well known heroes in the world and being split on who to follow.

Not sure how any of that works without back story of a previously known Spiderman in the MCU but I'm sure they'll find a way.

In a nutshell Ironman represented security and responsibility while Cap represented personal freedom. Ironic since the characters are usually identified with the other ideal.

Spiderman had his "with great power comes great responsibility" and also suffered personal tragedy due to his villains discovering his secret identity. So he was a character that could see both sides of the argument.

So with the endings of Flash and Arrow, how is this thread not blowing up with responses!?

So with the endings of Flash and Arrow, how is this thread not blowing up with responses!?

Because they didnt really offer a huge amount to talk about to be honest.
And no Oliver Queen's death is not a huge talking point because clearly the protagonist does not die

The second half of Arrow is either going to blow hard or be awesome. I have a feeling it'll be a mixture of both. As in while we're with Oliver & Raj and the flashbacks it'll be beautiful but back in Starling it'll be cock and balls covered in shit. Laurel is about to don the Canary costume in Oliver's absence and it'll be lame and boring especially if we get the usual corny/cheesy lines Katie Cassidy delivers with zero believability, a criticism of the writing not the actress.

Behold, the Ant-Man trailer.

[YOUTUBE]xInh3VhAWs8[/YOUTUBE]

Eh, I'm not swayed one way or the other just yet. I would have more faith if this was still Edgar Wright but as of now this feels like a movie that will happen, I'll enjoy for an hour or two, and I'll forget about it as there's no way it'll need a standalone sequel. Especially with much more important things happening around it.

Agent Carter seems like an okay spin-off, but for me it dragged for a season premiere. Is somebody here well knowledged in the character that could give me some clue on where her story goes from here? Because I'm 50/50 with it right now.

I'm not familiar at all with the Ant-Man story but the vibe from the trailer looks very promising. We all know that Paul Rudd can pull off comedy so it was good to see some comedy in the trailer. But overall, it looks like it's more serious than it should be. I hope that doesn't ruin the movie. Because the little I know about the Ant-Man origins leads me to believe that the film shouldn't be too dark. People may feel underwhelmed after seeing this trailer but I think Marvel showed us enough to perk our interest with their new hero, Ant-Man.

Gambit confirmed for October 2016. First time there will be three X-Men Universe movies in one year.

I freaking love Gambit! Taylor Kitsch brought a lot of Gambit's creole coolness to life.

Edit: Nevermind, I see Channing Tatum is going to be Gambit now. First Batman, now Gambit. Why not just let Robert Pattinson take over the role of Iron Man, then we can kill off comic book movies for good.

Behold, the Ant-Man trailer.

[YOUTUBE]xInh3VhAWs8[/YOUTUBE]

Eh, I'm not swayed one way or the other just yet. I would have more faith if this was still Edgar Wright but as of now this feels like a movie that will happen, I'll enjoy for an hour or two, and I'll forget about it as there's no way it'll need a standalone sequel. Especially with much more important things happening around it.

In all seriousness, does anyone REALLY want this movie?

I freaking love Gambit! Taylor Kitsch brought a lot of Gambit's creole coolness to life.

Edit: Nevermind, I see Channing Tatum is going to be Gambit now. First Batman, now Gambit. Why not just let Robert Pattinson take over the role of Iron Man, then we can kill off comic book movies for good.

Long, long, looooooong overdue. I was incredulous that he wasn't in the original X films.

Now that comic films have evolved, im overly thankful he wasn't.

I also chuckle at people who get all miffed right off the bat at the casting of someone like Tatum.

I mean hell, there was NOOOOOO negative reaction to Heath Ledger being cast in batman, was there? Not to mention Tatum is fresh off an insanely critically acclaimed role in Foxcatcher.

He has chops, and wants to show them.

I also chuckle at people who get all miffed right off the bat at the casting of someone like Tatum.

I mean hell, there was NOOOOOO negative reaction to Heath Ledger being cast in batman, was there? Not to mention Tatum is fresh off an insanely critically acclaimed role in Foxcatcher.

That's nice. Chuckling is good for the soul.

In all seriousness, does anyone REALLY want this movie?

I've been pretty interested in how they go with this. I'm no comic guru, but my kid brother is and he's pretty excited. Plus it is the start of phase 3 I believe. And there wasn't much hype around Guardians of the Galaxy and I thought that was fantastic. I think this could fall under a movie that could surprise some people.

Long, long, looooooong overdue. I was incredulous that he wasn't in the original X films.

Now that comic films have evolved, im overly thankful he wasn't.

Gambit is the tits dude. I'm amped for this. And I'm 100 percent behind Tatum. He gets flack for this and I really have no idea why. Plus I read somewhere that Gambit was his favorite comic book star, so no doubt he brings 110 percent to this movie. It's gonna kill it, no doubt.

Wow. I was surprised at how much I liked the first two episodes of Agent Carter. With it being only seven episodes, I guess they cut the nonsense and put out what needed to be put out. This is awesome.

New Avengers trailer shows the Avengers having to fight off an out of control hulk!!

Woo! Glad they are taking the character into new, untread directions!!

yea.

Just the whole "ZOMG, The Hulk is super awesome when he is under control, buuuut its such a struggle to keep him under control!!" thing had been so fucking done to death.

I guess because they keep fucking up origin stories for him, so we are always starting from the beginning stages of the character.

I thought the Edward Norton Hulk film was pretty good.

I'd like for them to do another solo one but probably won't happen for a while

Wow. The latest Flash episode was damn good. Should be interesting to see how Captain Cold and Heat Wave make their own guns this time.

"Hey sis." Who could Captain Cold's sister be!? If it's who it really should be then damn, I'll mark out so hard.

We now know who Supergirl is...
Melissa Benoist. Yes, she's the girl from Glee.
Melissa+Benoist+FOX+Star+Party+Arrivals+HaSDJ6Wl_TCl.jpg

Being from Glee isnt really a big deal, people said the same thing about grant gustin when he got the flash gig but i think he makes a very good flash

This has kinda fallen under the radar.

[YOUTUBE]e-BVs-KCSiA[/YOUTUBE]

I never thought it would be amazing, but I never thought it would be a train-wreck either. I'm interested to say the most and least.

NAH FUK DA FANTUSTIC 4 DAT SHIT IS STUPID. I'M NOT RACIST BUT DA HUMAN TORCH CANT BE BLACK IT JUST COMPLETELY RUINS THE FULM FOR MI.

I love seeing that opinion spread amongst the internet, especially when they try and say they arent racist for having that opinion. People with that mindset are stupid the mindset of the character being portrayed accurately by the actor is infinitely more important than an actor having the same skin colour as the original character in the comics. If your going to sook about the skin colour than you should be sooking over the eye colour and hair colour.

At the same time though, actors shouldnt be cast because their skin colour is different and it will 'create a buzz" but thats not what I believe happened here

Should have made Susan black as well, because I'm sicking of seeing people asking how that works, like adoption and bi-racial couples aren't a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back