Coming Attractions Thread 2013

Free Samples

[YOUTUBE]nEfIndKDGtM[/YOUTUBE]​

A Stanford law-school dropout named Jillian escapes to the anonymity of Los Angeles to figure out what she wants to do with her life, and on the day of her college boyfriend's birthday, she finds herself stuck running an ice cream truck fending off locals and oddball friends alike. This one day spent in a truck on the streets of Los Angeles will wake Jillian from her aimless daze and make her see that life doesn't stop just because you want it to.

No release dates, but Free Samples looks like the type of film that will receive a very limited release.

Violet & Daisy

[YOUTUBE]0zdQ_UL5vwg[/YOUTUBE]​

Two teenage assassins accept what they think will be a quick-and-easy job, until an unexpected target throws them off their plan.

Violet & Daisy is expected to hit theaters this summer, but no official release dates yet.

Cool trailer, and James Gandolfini is apart of the cast, so I can't miss this one.

New trailer for Pacific Rim, and an international trailer for The Mortal Instruments:

[YOUTUBE]Ef6vQBGqLW8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]O34XVV1suCc[/YOUTUBE]​

I don't know if this topic has been touched on since the GSD thread bitching about the movie, but I figured I'd share this tidbit I ran across on imdb yesterday. I saw with the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie it seems like the turtles won't be aliens as people were bitching about. From what it sounds like, the bad guys will be aliens, who, upon arriving on Earth, create the turtles seemingly on accident. The turtles themselves will be from Earth, but the "ooze" used to create them will be an alien substance. This probably won't make most people around here feel better simply because it's still Michael Bay, but at least it seems the turtles aren't aliens after all.

I still love the first TMNT films, hate, HATE the third one and the time traveling bullshit, and I really enjoyed the 2007 TMNT CG film. Still, the 90's films are cheesy and goofy cult favorites. If Bay got his dirty hands on Star Wars, or Batman, or another Marvel or DC superhero, then I can understand the outcries. But the Turtles? TMNT is the epitome of dumb fun, so I'm not too worried about Bay possibly ruining the Turtles. I despise Bay, but I'm more worried about too much focus on Megan Fox, who is one the worst actresses in Hollywood.

I'm not sure people pay too much attention to what comes out of her mouth :lmao:

But you'd be surprised how much people were bitching about it. I think even I commented on that thread. It just wouldn't make sense to me to make something with "mutant" in it's name and change it to alien. I'd still watch it though because I grew up with the turtles and love them. And yes, that third film was awful.

Gravity

Release Date: October 4, 2013

[YOUTUBE]YUswKg7zQIo[/YOUTUBE]​

Astronauts attempt to return to earth after debris crashes into their space shuttle, leaving them drifting alone in space.

I hope there's a bigger story behind this premise, because the trailer is kind of dull.

Ender's Game

Release Date: November 1, 2013

[YOUTUBE]XD5ABETqmzs[/YOUTUBE]​

After an alien race called the Formics attacks Earth, the International Fleet prepare for the next invasion by training the best young children to find the future leader to lead the International Military. Ender Wiggin (Asa Butterfield), a shy but strategically brilliant boy, is pulled out of his school to join International Fleet and attend the legendary Battle School. After easily mastering the increasingly difficult war games, distinguishing himself and winning respect among his peers, Ender is soon ordained by Colonel Graff (Harrison Ford) as the military's next great hope, resulting in his promotion to Command School. Once there, he's trained by Mazer Rackham (Ben Kingsley) himself to lead the military into a war that will determine the future of Earth and the human race.

I'm unfamiliar with the source material, and this trailer for Ender's Game shows too much. Still, I'll give this a try in theaters during the rush of shitty holiday comedies in November or December.

The Wall

[YOUTUBE]5Qa-Lo4RSpw[/YOUTUBE]​

A woman inexplicably finds herself cut off from all human contact when an invisible, unyielding wall suddenly surrounds the countryside. Accompanied by her loyal dog Lynx, she becomes immersed in a world untouched by civilization and ruled by the laws of nature.

A handful of European release dates for 2013, but no US release dates of any kind yet.

Under The Bed

Release Date: July 19, 2013 (limited)

[YOUTUBE]1oTgs2Aelbg[/YOUTUBE]​

Every child knows about the monster under the bed—Neal Hausman’s mistake was trying to fight it. Neal (Jonny Weston, Chasing Mavericks) has returned from a two-year exile following his tragic attempt to defeat the monster, only to find his father ticking ever closer to a breakdown, a new stepmother who fears him, and his little brother Paul (Gattlin Griffith, Green Lantern, Changeling), terrorized by the same monster. While Neal and Paul work together to try and fight the nocturnal menace, their parents are taking desperate measures to get the family back to normal. With no support from their parents, the brothers have nothing to rely on but each other, and courage beyond belief.

Decent enough trailer. Lots of nasty gore, and Under The Bed could be a solid creature horror flick. Although, the plot synopsis scares me, because I sense some similarities to Darkness Falls, one of the shittiest horror/"suspense" films I've ever seen.

Captain Phillips

Release Date: October 11, 2013

[YOUTUBE]eruwOiHoTTo[/YOUTUBE]​

Columbia Pictures' action-thriller Captain Phillips stars two-time Oscar (R) winner Tom Hanks in the true story of Captain Richard Phillips and the 2009 hijacking by Somali pirates of the US-flagged MV Maersk Alabama, the first American cargo ship to be hijacked in two hundred years. The film is directed by Oscar (R) nominee Paul Greengrass, from a screenplay by Billy Ray and based upon the book, A Captain's Duty: Somali Pirates, Navy SEALs, and Dangerous Days at Sea, by Richard Phillips with Stephan Talty. The film is produced by Scott Rudin, Dana Brunetti, and Michael De Luca.

Should be an intense and gritty docudrama, and you can always expect a good performance from Tom Hanks.

[REC] 4: Apocalypse

[YOUTUBE]_eS5l7ESMT4[/YOUTUBE]​

Angela Vidal the young television reporter who entered the building with the fireman, manages to make it out alive. But what the soldiers don’t know is that she carries the seed of the strange infection.

No official release dates yet, but [REC] 4 is supposed to be released in 2014.

Eh, technically this isn't a real teaser. The footage in this trailer comes from the first two films with Angela being the main focus, because the character is making a return in part 4. I just started watching the [REC] films a while ago, and I was HOOKED after the first set of viewings. I usually hate found-footage horror flicks, but the first two [REC] films are full of suspense, nasty gore and violence, and hardcore terror. The third film is a piece of shit, but it looks like they're ignoring the storyline for [REC] 3, and that's a good thing.

Riddick

Release Date: September 6, 2013

[YOUTUBE]tDxDEjDMreA[/YOUTUBE]​

Diesel reprises his role as the antihero Riddick, a dangerous, escaped convict wanted by every bounty hunter in the known galaxy. The infamous Riddick has been left for dead on a sun-scorched planet that appears to be lifeless. Soon, however, he finds himself fighting for survival against alien predators more lethal than any human he’s encountered. The only way off is for Riddick to activate an emergency beacon and alert mercenaries who rapidly descend to the planet in search of their bounty. The first ship to arrive carries a new breed of merc, more lethal and violent, while the second is captained by a man whose pursuit of Riddick is more personal. With time running out and a storm on the horizon that no one could survive, his hunters won’t leave the planet without Riddick’s head as their trophy.

The Chronicles of Riddick was an underwhelming sequel to Pitch Black, but it's nearly been ten years since the last Riddick film, and Pitch Black didn't raise the bar for action/sci-fi flicks, so Riddick has the potential to become the best film in the franchise.

RAPTURE-PALOOZA

Release Date: June 7, 2013 (limited release)

[YOUTUBE]Q4oAqGt7JWY[/YOUTUBE]​

When the Apocalypse actually happens and a billion people are raptured up to heaven, Lindsey (Kendrick) and her boyfriend Ben (Daley) are left behind in suburban Seattle. The young couple try their best to lead a normal life surrounded by talking locusts, blood rain showers, and pot-smoking wraiths. But when the Anti-Christ (Robinson) makes his home base in their neighborhood, Lindsey finds herself the object of his affection. With the help of her family, friends, and a lawn-mowing zombie neighbor, the young couple set off to stop the Anti-Christ from taking her as his bride... and just maybe, saving the world in the process.

I like Anna Kendrick, but this trailer is unfunny and absolutely horrible.

They released the second full red band trailer for V/H/S 2 yesterday, but I can't post it here, because there's nudity at the end. Check it out on YouTube, if you have a few minutes to spare. Intense, gory, freaky, and shocking. It's worth the time. Oh, and I guess I can say the same thing about the most recent red band trailer for The Hangover III (nudity stuff, no gore).

Last Vegas

Release Date: November 1, 2013

[YOUTUBE]uI_U175Fg5k[/YOUTUBE]​

Billy (Academy Award®-winner Michael Douglas), Paddy (Academy Award®-winner Robert De Niro), Archie (Academy Award®-winner Morgan Freeman) and Sam (Academy Award®-winner Kevin Kline) have been best friends since childhood. So when Billy, the group's sworn bachelor, finally proposes to his thirty-something (of course) girlfriend, the four head to Las Vegas with a plan to stop acting their age and relive their glory days. However, upon arriving, the four quickly realize that the decades have transformed Sin City and tested their friendship in ways they never imagined. The Rat Pack may have once played the Sands and Cirque du Soleil may now rule the Strip, but it’s these four who are taking over Vegas.

:confused:

Third trailer for Pacific Rim:

[YOUTUBE]Cqb11Neq6tM[/YOUTUBE]​

Europa Report

Release Date: August 2, 2013 (limited)

[YOUTUBE]XhdRYk1Y8VA[/YOUTUBE]​

A unique blend of documentary, alternative history and science fiction thriller, EUROPA REPORT follows a contemporary mission to Jupiter's moon Europa to investigate the possible existence of alien life within our solar system. When unmanned probes suggest that a hidden ocean could exist underneath Europa's icy surface and may contain single-celled life, Europa Ventures, a privately funded space exploration company, sends six of the best astronauts from around the world to confirm the data and explore the revolutionary discoveries that may lie in the Europan ocean.

I dunno about this one. I like the trailer, but most sci-fi/horror films that revolve around a team of astronauts are horrendously bad, and 80% of them rely on a SHOCKING twist (or twists) that rarely delivers. Apollo 18 is more recent example for the worst kind of sci-fi/horror film featuring a leading cast of astronauts.

About Time

Release Date: November 1, 2013 (limited)

[YOUTUBE]T7A810duHvw[/YOUTUBE]​

At the age of 21, Tim Lake (Domhnall Gleeson) discovers he can travel in time... The night after another unsatisfactory New Year party, Tim's father (Bill Nighy) tells his son that the men in his family have always had the ability to travel through time. Tim can't change history, but he can change what happens and has happened in his own life-so he decides to make his world a better place...by getting a girlfriend. Sadly, that turns out not to be as easy as you might think. Moving from the Cornwall coast to London to train as a lawyer, Tim finally meets the beautiful but insecure Mary (Rachel McAdams). They fall in love, then an unfortunate time-travel incident means he's never met her at all. So they meet for the first time again-and again-but finally, after a lot of cunning time-traveling, he wins her heart. Tim then uses his power to create the perfect romantic proposal, to save his wedding from the worst best-man speeches, to save his best friend from professional disaster and to get his pregnant wife to the hospital in time for the birth of their daughter, despite a nasty traffic jam outside Abbey Road. But as his unusual life progresses, Tim finds out that his unique gift can't save him from the sorrows and ups and downs that affect all families, everywhere. There are great limits to what time travel can achieve, and it can be dangerous too. About Time is a comedy about love and time travel, which discovers that, in the end, making the most of life may not need time travel at all.

I sense too many similarities to the Time Traveler's Wife, and from the looks of the trailer, McAdams is pretty much portraying the same type of character.

And just in case you missed it, the awful trailer for Last Vegas:

[YOUTUBE]4-DrqEjkA1I[/YOUTUBE]​

The Kings Of Summer

Release Date: May 31, 2013

[YOUTUBE]sPK2tG-BKCs[/YOUTUBE]​

Premiering to rave reviews at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival, THE KINGS OF SUMMER is a unique coming-of-age comedy about three teenage friends – Joe (Nick Robinson), Patrick (Gabriel Basso) and the eccentric and unpredictable Biaggio (Moises Arias) – who, in the ultimate act of independence, decide to spend their summer building a house in the woods and living off the land. Free from their parents’ rules, their idyllic summer quickly becomes a test of friendship as each boy learns to appreciate the fact that family – whether it is the one you’re born into or the one you create – is something you can’t run away from.

The Kings Of Summer could be a great coming of age comedy, and this trailer is hilarious.

Blood Ties

[YOUTUBE]XtzteV1ZqYs[/YOUTUBE]​

New York, 1974. Fifty year-old Chris has just been released on good behavior after several years in prison following a gangland murder. Waiting for him reluctantly outside the prison gates is his younger brother, Frank, a cop with a bright future. Chris and Frank have always been different, and their father, Leon, who’d raised them alone, seems strangely to prefer Chris – this, despite all his troubles.

Yet blood ties are the ones that bind. Frank, hoping that his brother has changed, is willing to give him a chance; he shares his home, finds him a job, and helps him reconnect with his children and his ex-wife, Monica. But Chris’ past quickly catches up to him, and his descent back into a life of crime becomes inevitable. For Frank, this descent proves to be the last in a long line of betrayals, and after his brother’s latest transgressions, he banishes him from his life

But it’s already too late; the brothers’ destiny will keep bounded, forever…

No release dates yet, but Blood Ties is expected to have a limited theatrical release in 2013.

Love the trailer, but I have doubts about ANY movie with Clive Owen. I don't think he's a bad actor or anything like that, but most of his films are just terrible (ridiculous plot twists, bad directing, unbearable boredom, etc.).

New trailers for The Wolverine and The Lone Ranger:

[YOUTUBE]th1NTVIhUQU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]K4uHLkmGYys[/YOUTUBE]​

Ain't Them Bodies Saints

Release Date: August 16, 2013 (limited)

[YOUTUBE]ga0c0v-stK0[/YOUTUBE]​

Set against the backdrop of 1970's Texas Hill Country, AIN'T THEM BODIES SAINTS is a romantic American story that follows three characters on various sides of the law - outlaw Bob Muldoon (Casey Affleck), his wife Ruth Guthrie (Rooney Mara), and a local sheriff named Patrick Wheeler (Ben Foster), who gets caught in their crosshairs. The film, which is the second feature from writer-director David Lowery, was developed at the Sundance Institute's Writing and Producing Labs and also stars Nate Parker and Keith Carradine. The film received the U.S. Dramatic Cinematography Award at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival.

Rooney Mara is apart the cast. That's enough to convince me.

V/H/S/2

Release Date: July 12, 2013 (limited)

[YOUTUBE]63Tv0lhD1fw[/YOUTUBE]​

Inside a darkened house looms a column of TVs littered with VHS tapes, a pagan shrine to forgotten analog gods. The screens crackle and pop endlessly with monochrome vistas of static-white noise permeating the brain and fogging concentration. But you must fight the urge to relax: this is no mere movie night. Those obsolete spools contain more than just magnetic tape. They are imprinted with the very soul of evil.

I know others loved it, but V/H/S was way too hit and miss for my taste. So far, the trailer for the sequel looks better, and the majority of early reviews are positive. I'm usually skeptical about horror sequels, but V/H/S didn't do anything to blow me away, so I don't have a high bar for expectations.

Machete Kills

Release Date: September 13, 2013

[YOUTUBE]SyfDoyNFTk4[/YOUTUBE]​

Danny Trejo returns as the Mexican anti-hero, Machete, in this follow-up from Robert Rodriguez. Mel Gibson joins returning cast members Michelle Rodriguez and Jessica Alba as a maniacal arms dealer intent to start a nuclear war in this 20th Century Fox release.

Kind of disappointed by this.

It's not an awful trailer, but this teaser for Machete Kills really doesn't do anything for me. I know the big fuss is surrounding Lady Gaga, but I'm more interested to see what Mel Gibson and Charlie Sheen can do here. Who knows, maybe they'll surprise everyone, and deliver the most memorable performances.

We're The Millers

Release date: August 9, 2013

[YOUTUBE]QqxvPha003w[/YOUTUBE]​

David Burke (Jason Sudeikis) is a small-time pot dealer whose clientele includes chefs and soccer moms, but no kids-after all, he has his scruples. So what could go wrong? Plenty. Preferring to keep a low profile for obvious reasons, he learns the hard way that no good deed goes unpunished when he tries to help out some local teens and winds up getting jumped by a trio of gutter punks. Stealing his stash and his cash, they leave him in major debt to his supplier, Brad (Ed Helms). In order to wipe the slate clean-and maintain a clean bill of health-David must now become a big-time drug smuggler by bringing Brad's latest shipment in from Mexico. Twisting the arms of his neighbors, cynical stripper Rose (Jennifer Aniston) and wannabe customer Kenny (Will Poulter), and the tatted-and-pierced streetwise teen Casey (Emma Roberts), he devises a foolproof plan. One fake wife, two pretend kids and a huge, shiny RV later, the "Millers" are headed south of the border for a Fourth of July weekend that is sure to end with a bang.

Not a big Sudeikis fan, but I might give this a try.

Prisoners

Release Date: September 20, 2013

[YOUTUBE]bpXfcTF6iVk[/YOUTUBE]​

In the rural New England town of Brockton, Massachusetts, neighbors and friends the Dovers and the Birches gather for Thanksgiving dinner, but by the end of the night, their celebration turns to panic when the families' two youngest daughters go missing. As the hours pass and the girls don't turn up, it becomes terrifyingly apparent they've been kidnapped. After the cops fail to find them, Keller Dover (Hugh Jackman) decides to take the law into his own hands, running up against dedicated Detective Loki (Jake Gyllenhaal). But even as Loki is diligently working against the clock to solve the case, Keller will stop at nothing to get their prime suspect to talk before it's too late.

Might be okay. I like the cast, but Prisoners could be another forgettable drama this year.

The Family

Release Date: September 20, 2013

[YOUTUBE]nwZNypYmPFE[/YOUTUBE]​

In the off-beat action comedy "The Family," a mafia boss and his family are relocated to a sleepy town in France under the witness protection program after snitching on the mob. Despite the best efforts of Agent Stansfield (Tommy Lee Jones) to keep them in line, Fred Manzoni (Robert DeNiro), his wife Maggie (Michelle Pfeiffer) and their children Belle (Dianna Agron) and Warren (John D'Leo) can't help but revert to old habits and blow their cover by handling their problems the "family" way, enabling their former mafia cronies to track them down. Chaos ensues as old scores are settled in the unlikeliest of settings in this darkly funny film by Luc Besson (Taken, Transporter).

Eh, if Scorsese was actually directing, I'd be more excited. Then again, I guess you could make the argument Scorsese and De Niro accomplished everything, and there's no more ground left to cover as a director/actor duo. Trailer looks great, but unfortunately, present day De Niro has a bad habit of starring in awful films (Silver Linings Playbook is a RARE exception).

A new trailer for Rapture-Palooza, and another trailer for Pacific Rim, because I can't stop thinking about it:

[YOUTUBE]9oaS_N1zsqo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]OiVmcGb_LMQ[/YOUTUBE]​

Insidious: Chapter 2

Release Date: September 13, 2013

[YOUTUBE]WpV_i_VpCR4[/YOUTUBE]​

The haunted Lambert family seeks to uncover the mysterious childhood secret that has left them dangerously connected to the spirit world.

So, from others pics I've seen, Elise isn't dead. It's just a few pics, so there could be more to it, but it looks like she's alive and well.

Not a bad trailer, and they don't give away too much here. Looking forward to Insidious 2, and I'm hoping Insidious will become the next big mainstream horror franchise, because something needs to replace Paranormal Activity, especially after the awful fourth film.

Killing Season

Release Date: July 12, 2013 (limited)

[YOUTUBE]--QdZKCZTUA[/YOUTUBE]​

An American ex-military agent strikes up a friendship with a one-time Serbian soldier posing as a tourist in this Evan Daugherty-penned thriller directed by Ghost Rider's Mark Steven Johnson.

:disappointed:

Blue Jasmine

Release Date: July 26, 2013 (limited)

[YOUTUBE]FER3C394aI8[/YOUTUBE]​

A New York housewife struggles through a life crisis.

Woody Allen is hit-and-miss, when it comes to romantic comedies, but from looking at the trailer, Blue Jasmine could have the potential to be another Midnight In Paris. I know that's a stretch, but Allen might surprise us all again.

Runner Runner

Release Date: September 27, 2013

[YOUTUBE]aBI0oINTOUM[/YOUTUBE]​

Richie, a Princeton college student who pays for school with on-line gambling, bottoms out and travels to Costa Rica to confront the on-line mastermind, Ivan, whom he believes has swindled him. Ivan sees a kindred spirit in Richie and brings the younger man into his operation. When the stakes get incredibly high and dangerous, and Richie comes to fully understand the deviousness of his new boss, he tries to turn the tables on him.

Ben as the primary antagonist? Should be interesting, but I can't stand Justin Timberlake.

The latest trailer for Man Of Steel:

[YOUTUBE]PpdZf3FY_WY[/YOUTUBE]​

The Frozen Ground

Release Date: August 23, 2013 (limited)

[YOUTUBE]7Xn6PNFT-Cs[/YOUTUBE]​

An Alaskan police detective pursues an elusive serial killer who abducts women, and frees them in the wilderness to hunt in this thriller starring Nicolas Cage and John Cusack. A madman has been on the loose in Anchorage for over 13 years. Every attempt to capture him has only led to frustration for the local police, but Sgt. Jack Halcombe (Cage) is certain he can success where his colleagues have failed. Later, Sgt. Halcombe gets the break of a lifetime when terrified teen Cindy Paulson (Vanessa Hudgens) manages to beat the killer at his own game. Cindy's struggle, however, has just begun. Now the closer she and Sgt. Halcombe come cracking the case, the more cunning their sadistic target seems to grow. 50 Cent and Radha Mitchell co-star.

Wanted to post a sort of bootleg version for The Frozen Ground a while ago, but that trailer had nudity in it, so I had to wait for this one.

I dunno. The Frozen Ground could be a generic mystery/thriller, but Nicolas Cage is still capable of delivering good performances every now and then.

The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug

Release Date: December 13, 2013

[YOUTUBE]OsKRzJkDiyg[/YOUTUBE]​

The second in a trilogy of films adapting the enduringly popular masterpiece The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug continues the adventure of the title character Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman) as he journeys with the Wizard Gandalf (Ian McKellan) and thirteen Dwarves, led by Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage) on an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor.

Never watched the first Hobbit film, so I have to catch up before I watch this one.

Snowpiercer

[YOUTUBE]r6UmqNuMdY4[/YOUTUBE]​

The surviving members of humanity struggle to survive amidst a world covered in ice on a supertrain where the poor and the rich are constantly at odds in the English-language debut of filmmaker Bong Joon-ho (The Host). Chris Evans and Tilda Swinton star.

Weird. I think I posted a trailer for another ice age post-apocalyptic film in here somewhere. Oh well.

Anyway, Snowpiercer doesn't have an official release date yet, and Chris Evans as the leading man kind of worries me.

Magic Magic

Release Date: August 5, 2013 (straight-to-video)

[YOUTUBE]elU_AlgW6Lw[/YOUTUBE]​

A vacationing insomniac loses the ability to distinguish dreams from reality while traveling the Chilean countryside with a group of adventurers that includes her best friend and an enigmatic American in this downbeat saga. Though it came to the U.S. billed as a thriller or a horror picture, Chilean director Sebastian Silva's Magic Magic is more aptly described as a dark psychological drama with tense overtones. Juno Temple stars as Alicia - an emotionally fragile young woman in her early 20s with a murky history. She joins her cousin Sarah (Emily Browning), Sarah's boyfriend Agustín (Agustín Silva), the couple's eccentric friend Brink (Michael Cera) and Agustín's sister Barbara (Catalina Sandina Moreno) for a retreat in the countryside, but from the beginning, things don't go as planned. In the days that follow, more tension erupts between Alicia and the other members of the group, particularly Brink, who displays extreme anti-social tendencies and grows fond of malevolently pushing the girl's buttons. After Sarah returns, all hell threatens to break loose: Alicia is accosted by a local dog that attempts to copulate with her leg; Brink and Agustín play a dangerous game that threatens to cause Alicia grave physical harm, and it becomes increasingly apparent, throughout, that Alicia is now teetering on the brink of a full-scale mental breakdown, which terrifies the others.

I think we're all used to seeing Michael Cera portray a quirky and awkward outcast, but he's got an evil edge in this film. Magic Magic could be pure trash, but I'm interested in Cera's dark side, so I'll give this a try at some point.

Man Of Tai Chi

[YOUTUBE]zd5WUn2oM8Y[/YOUTUBE]​

Keanu Reeves makes his directorial debut with this martial arts production starring Tiger Chen, a stunt veteran who worked with the actor of the two Matrix sequels. Yuen Woo Ping provides the fight choreography, with The Raid's Iko Uwais heading up the supporting cast.

Martial arts flicks are not my cup of tea, but I'm interested in Reeves' directorial debut here. And I'm looking forward to watching another Keanu Reeves film, because it's been a while. I dunno. I just stopped paying attention to him (with the exception of The Day The Earth Stood Still & Street Kings) after The Matrix films ended.

In A World

Release Date: August 9, 2013 (limited)

[YOUTUBE]FL3Y6mqqdeY[/YOUTUBE]​

Lake Bell ("Children's Hospital") stars in In a World..., a hilarious romantic comedy about a struggling vocal coach who strikes it big in the cutthroat world of movie-trailer voiceovers, only to find herself in direct competition with the industry's reigning king-her father. Written and directed by Bell, who won the Sundance 2013 Waldo Salt Screenwriting Award for the script, In a World... also stars Fred Melamed (A Serious Man), Rob Corddry (Hot Tub Time Machine), Demetri Martin ("Important Things with Demetri Martin"), Michaela Watkins ("Enlightened"), Ken Marino ("Burning Love"), Nick Offerman ("Parks and Recreation"), Alexandra Holden (The Hot Chick) and Tig Notaro ("The Sarah Silverman Program").

Good trailer. Looks like a good comedy so far, and it's a satire jab at Hollywood, but everything isn't so over the top and obvious.

New trailers for The Wolverine, Red 2, and The Heat:

[YOUTUBE]cmcBOIfhHQY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]KGQHeW5tUC8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]__L1gEh2Y68[/YOUTUBE]​

Paranoia

Release Date: August 16, 2013

[YOUTUBE]RCwSdyfc2l4[/YOUTUBE]​

In this high-stakes thriller, Adam Cassidy (Liam Hemsworth) is a regular guy trying to get ahead in his entry-level job at Wyatt Corporation. But after one costly mistake, Adam's ruthless CEO, Nicholas Wyatt (Gary Oldman), forces him to spy on corporate rival, Jock Goddard (Harrison Ford), Wyatt's old mentor. Adam soon finds himself occupying the corner office and living the life of his dreams. However, behind the scenes, he is simply a pawn in Wyatt's corporate game and realizes he must ultimately find a way out from under his boss who will stop at nothing, even murder, to win a multi-billion dollar advantage.

Sort of reaching a point, where I might just give up on Amber Heard. I mean, yeah, Paranoia looks promising at first, but the trailer gives away WAY too much after that. And everything I see here leads me to believe Paranoia might be another generic and forgettable thriller.

300: Rise Of An Empire

Release Date: March 7, 2014

[YOUTUBE]V5ei2rLnXsY[/YOUTUBE]​

Based on Frank Miller's latest graphic novel Xerxes and told in the breathtaking visual style of the blockbuster "300," this new chapter of the epic saga takes the action to a fresh battlefield--on the sea--as Greek general Themistokles (Sullivan Stapleton)attempts to unite all of Greece by leading the charge that will change the course of the war. "300: Rise of an Empire" pits Themistokles against the massive invading Persian forces led by mortal-turned-god Xerxes (Rodrigo Santoro), and Artemesia (Eva Green), vengeful commander of the Persian navy.

I know it's 2014, but I saw this trailer before Man Of Steel. I didn't fall in love with the original 300 like other people, but I don't mind a sequel.

International trailer for the Carrie remake:

[YOUTUBE]17RBGpEsPro[/YOUTUBE]​

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues

Release Date: December 20, 2013

[YOUTUBE]Elczv0ghqw0[/YOUTUBE]​

The continuing, escalating misadventures of a humble San Diego news anchor.

It took a few times, but Anchorman grew on me after a while. Iffy about the sequel, but everything looks good so far.

The Butler

Release Date: August 16, 2013

[YOUTUBE]eZ4xDTz8Avc[/YOUTUBE]​

Eugene Allen, the butler who served over three decades in various roles at the White House, is the focus of this biopic from director Lee Daniels and Academy Award-winning actor Forest Whitaker.

If anyone else besides Lee Daniels was behind the camera, I'd be more excited.

Jobs​

Release Date: August 15, 2013

[YOUTUBE]yMSsf9szC2o[/YOUTUBE]​

"JOBS" is the incredibly powerful and true story of the visionary who set out to change the world, and did. Directed by Joshua Michael Stern, "JOBS" is an incredibly personal story covering nearly 40 years of Steve Jobs' life and an intensely character-driven story that is as much a sweeping epic as it is a personal tale. An ultimately inspiring story, "JOBS" pulls no punches and does not speculate, only telling the truthful real life events as seen through his eyes, emotions, and ingenuity. The life of Steve Jobs.

If Ashton Kutcher wasn't in the starring role, I would have more hope for the Steve Jobs biopic. The only Kutcher performance that came close to resembling anything memorable was his role in The Butterfly Effect. And formulaic love story aside, Kutcher was one of the main reasons why No Strings Attached sucked so bad.

Recent trailer for The Colony:

[YOUTUBE]DyfVto5BciQ[/YOUTUBE]​

Hell Baby

[YOUTUBE]6AaaoMfbx0o[/YOUTUBE]​

Frequent comedy collaborators Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant (Reno 911!), {#Night at the Museum) re-team for this high-concept horror comedy about an expectant New Orleans couple who move into a notoriously haunted home, and seek the protection of the Vatican's top exorcists (Lennon and Garant) in their battle against a bouncing baby demon.

Couldn't find a release date for Hell Baby, but I'm always skeptical about horror comedy spoofs, because most of them are shit. Usually, I have faith in Rob Corddry, but I'm indifferent to this trailer.

The Counselor

Release Date: October 25, 2013

[YOUTUBE]8FX1bn1U-SY[/YOUTUBE]​

Cormac McCarthy provides his first original screenplay with this Ridley Scott-directed thriller starring Michael Fassbender as a lawyer who dabbles in trafficking drugs only to realize just how dangerous a situation he's stumbled into. Brad Pitt, Javier Bardem, and Cameron Diaz head up the rest of the starring cast.

Cast looks great, although I'm unsure about Cameron Diaz. It looks like she's out of place here. Hope I'm wrong.

Most recent trailer for Riddick:

[YOUTUBE]zRUUWQcmEQU[/YOUTUBE]​

Escape Plan

Release Date: September 27, 2013

[YOUTUBE]cd2gMg8YYEI[/YOUTUBE]​

Action superstars Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger team up in the action-thriller THE TOMB. Ray Breslin (Stallone), the world's foremost authority on structural security, agrees to take on one last job: breaking out of an ultra-secret, high-tech facility called "The Tomb." But when he is wrongly imprisoned, he must recruit fellow inmate Emil Rottmayer (Schwarzenegger) to help devise a daring, nearly impossible plan to escape from the most protected and fortified prison ever built.

I could do without 50 Cent, but I'm looking forward to Escape Plan. And the premise sounds kind of stupid, but I'll still hold out some hope for a mindless fun, hardcore action flick.

New trailer for The Conjuring:

[YOUTUBE]_FCaLiZtu9s[/YOUTUBE]​

Lovelace

Release Date: August 9, 2013 (limited)

In 1972-before the internet, before the porn explosion-Deep Throat was a phenomenon: the first scripted pornographic theatrical feature film, featuring a story, some jokes, and an unknown and unlikely star, Linda Lovelace. Escaping a strict religious family, Linda discovered freedom and the highlife when she fell for and married charismatic hustler Chuck Traynor. As Linda Lovelace she became an international sensation-less centerfold fantasy than a charming girl-next-door with an impressive capacity for ******io. Fully inhabiting her new identity, Linda became an enthusiastic spokesperson for sexual freedom and uninhibited hedonism. Six years later she presented another, utterly contradictory, narrative to the world-and herself as the survivor of a far darker story.

James Franco as Hugh Hefner deserves its own biopic.

Anyway, massive Seyfried fan as some of you might know, but this trailer is a letdown. Sorry, but I just see a paint-by-the-numbers biopic, and a through the motions from rags to riches/crash and burn story. I will definitely try and find this at a theater if I can, but my interest level just took a huge dive after watching this trailer.

Most recent trailer for Inside Llewyn Davis:

[YOUTUBE]jl8DidbbTQM[/YOUTUBE]​

Curse Of Chucky

Release Date: October 8, 2013 (straight-to-video)

[YOUTUBE]Y16TEl6Ek1M[/YOUTUBE]​

Nica (Fiona Dourif) is grieving over the gruesome suicide of her mother when her domineering older sister Barb (Danielle Bisutti) arrives with her young family in tow to help settle their mother’s affairs. As the sisters butt heads over Nica’s plans for the future, Barb’s young daughter comforts herself with a grinning, red-haired talking doll named Chucky (voiced again by Brad Dourif) that recently arrived mysteriously in the mail. But as a string of brutal murders begins to terrorize the household, Nica suspects the doll may hold the key to the bloodshed. What she doesn’t know is that Chucky has a personal score to settle. He’s determined to finish a job he started more than 20 years earlier, and this time he’s going to see it through to the bloody and shocking end.

Huh. So they gave Chucky a makeover? Weird. But at least Dourif is returning as the voice.

Kind of bummed out Chucky is making his return in a straight-to-video film, but I'm still happy to see him again. No franchise is perfect anyways, and I've been dying to see another Chucky film for years. I mean, it's almost impossible for something to be as bad as that heaping pile of dogshit Seed Of Chucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back