Coming Attractions Thread

Dark Shadows

Release Date: May 11, 2012

[YOUTUBE]isjg9O7ifwM[/YOUTUBE]​

In 1752, the Collins family sails from Liverpool, England to North America. The son, Barnabas, grows up to be a wealthy playboy in Collinsport, Maine and is the master of Collinwood Manor. He breaks the heart of a witch, Angelique Bouchard, who turns him into a vampire and buries him alive. In 1972, Barnabas is accidentally freed from his coffin and returns to find his once-magnificent manor in ruin. It is occupied by dysfunctional Collins descendants and other residents, all of whom have secrets.

Eh, I really don't know how I should feel about this one right now. I've always been a huge fan Johnny Depp, and I usually enjoy any Depp/Burton collaboration, but this trailer is giving me so many mixed feelings.

On one hand, this film will feature some high quality acting. Johnny Depp always delivers, Helena Bonham Carter is one of the more talented actress in Hollywood, and you can always count on Michelle Pfeiffer, because she is a very solid veteran. Also, Chloë Grace Moretz is one of the best child actresses in Hollywood.

I don't have any worries when it comes to the acting, but everything else worries me. Tim Burton does have one bizarre and creepy imagination, but Dark Shadows could suffer from the "too over the top" problem. The overload of eccentric material in this trailer does bother me a little bit, and it looks like Tim Burton will go all the way here.

Also, they're going to take the horror/comedy route for this film, and this does surprise me a lot. Dark Shadows is based on the Gothic soap opera of the same name. This series ran from the late 60's to the early 70's, and this was a serious show. It was dark, spooky, and dramatic. Bottom line, Tim Burton and Johnny Depp could make a serious film work. In fact, Depp and Burton could've been the perfect duo for a serious and spooky Dark Shadows film. Burton and Depp worked wonders with Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street (2007), and I'm sure they could produce another excellent horror film with a serious tone together. The horror/comedy decision just baffles me, because I seriously can't think of another director/actor duo, who could pull off an outstanding horror/drama together, and the Dark Shadows Gothic soap opera really does provide some great material for a serious horror film.

Anyway, I will take a chance on Dark Shadows, because I've been anticipating this film for a while. The trailer did disappoint me, but I'll still give Dark Shadows a try. Hopefully, this film can offer some good laughs, and this could be an entertaining horror/comedy. But Tim Burton will probably go nuts here, and his wild and eccentric vision does raise some doubts in me.

Get The Gringo

[YOUTUBE]33OIbKa2-HE[/YOUTUBE]​

Mel Gibson plays a man who is convicted of a crime and sent to a tough Mexican prison, where he learns to survive with the help of a nine year old boy.

Get The Gringo will receive an exclusive release to video-on-demand on May 1, 2012, and this film should be available on DVD or Blu-Ray shortly after May 1.

The troubles in Mel Gibson's personal life will haunt him for a while, and he probably won't see another big theatrical release anytime soon, but I do want to take a chance on Get The Gringo. This should be an entertaining action/drama, the story sounds decent enough, and Gibson should do a fine job with the lead role. Get The Gringo won't provide some special memorable experience, but this film should be worth watching, and I will look for this one, when it becomes available on DVD.

The FP

Release Date: March 16, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]iSlEmSX96oU[/YOUTUBE]​

Two rival gangs fight for control of Frazier Park -- a deadly arena in competitive dance-fight video game "Beat-Beat Revolution."

Well, The FP will obviously be one of those films you can't take too seriously. This trailer looks absolutely horrendous, but you might be able to have some fun with this whacky and over the top science-fiction/comedy. But I think I'll pass on this one. The FP will try to be one of those awfully good movies, that are fun to watch, but as of right now, I'm having a problem with this line of thinking. I just see a potentially horrendous film and bad acting, when I look at this trailer. The FP might receive some attention from moviegoers, but this could be one giant disaster, and I've already seen enough bad films this year, so I don't have the strong urge to take a chance on this one.

Abraham Lincoln VS Zombies

[YOUTUBE]0tFaQYSFLuE[/YOUTUBE]​

"When the brutal Civil War rages on, Abraham Lincoln must undertake an even more daunting task: Destroying the Confederate Undead!"

Abraham Lincoln VS Zombies doesn't have an official release date yet, but this looks like straight-to-video material, and a theatrical release doesn't seem like a realistic possibility at all.

You know something, Abraham Lincoln VS Zombies could be a fun and mindless horror flick....but I don't trust The Asylum at all. The Asylum is an American film studio, and they produce some of the worst horror movies you'll ever see. Most of them aren't suppose to be taken seriously, but still, they're terrible films. The Asylum is the distributor for this one, so I'll probably avoid Abraham Lincoln VS Zombies at all costs. This film does have an intriguing premise, and the thought of Abraham Linclon leading a manhunt for zombies does sound fun, but The Asylum is apart of this, and as I said before, I don't trust them, because everything they touch eventually turns to shit.

The Devil's Carnival

[YOUTUBE]v2hqUqsxe9w[/YOUTUBE]​

"sinners are invited to a theme park where they endure the repetition of their transgressions. What chances do a conniving kleptomaniac, a gullible teenager, and an obsessed father stand when facing their own moral failings? Lucifer and his colorful cast of singing carnies invite you to grab a ticket to The Devil's Carnival to find out!"

The Devil's Carnival will hit theaters on a very limited basis in April and early May for one day showings only, and this film should receive a DVD release in the near future. Also, don't expect a full length feature here, because The Devil's Carnival is a fifty-five minute short film.

Hmmm, The Devil's Carnival could be a unique horror film. The premise is very intriguing, but I usually hate musicals. I usually can't get into musicals, and I've only enjoyed a couple of these films over the years (South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut and Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street 2007). Musicals annoy me, but I want to give The Devil's Carnival a try. This should be a dark and twisted horror flick, and this film should feature some disturbing gore. I've never seen anything like this before, that's why I want to take a chance on this one, and I will watch The Devil's Carnival, when it lands on DVD.

Here's the new Prometheus trailer, and it looks GREAT!

[YOUTUBE]SQgnnsqysZE[/YOUTUBE]

Total Recall

Release Date: August 3, 2012

[YOUTUBE]GljhR5rk5eY[/YOUTUBE]​

Euroamerica (formerly the United States and the European Union) and New Shanghai (formerly China and South East Asia) fight for political power in the far dystopian future in the year 2084. A simple factory worker suffering from violent nightmares (Farrell) begins to suspect that he's a spy whose memory and personality were erased and replaced -- though he is unaware which side of the fight he's on and how important his lost memories will be in its outcome. What matters to him the most is that he must team up with a young female freedom fighter (Biel) in order for both of them to change the political system in their own country, Euroamerica, which is currently controlled by Euroamerican President Vilos Cohaagen (Cranston) and his government that rules with extreme austerity.

Total Recall (1990) has received its fair share share of praise over the years, but this film still doesn't receive the tremendous amount of credit it deserves. This was one of Arnold Schwarzenegger's more enjoyable blockbusters, and Total Recall (1990) was a great sci-fi/action flick. But when it comes to sci-fi and action, The Terminator films will always overshadow the vast majority of Arnold's work.

This trailer looks fantastic, and I'm really looking forward to this remake. Colin Farrell is one of the more talented actors in Hollywood, Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel are two solid actresses, and Total Recall 2012 should be an enjoyable summer blockbuster. But this film will be released during The Dark Knight Rises season at the box office, so Total Recall 2012 probably won't have a place in the #1 spot at the box office.

Ted

Release Date: July 13, 2012

[YOUTUBE]VxKfC77XAp8[/YOUTUBE]​

Mark Wahlberg plays John, a perfectly normal Boston native whose childhood wish for his teddy bear to come to life comes true. The bear (Ted) — voiced by MacFarlane himself — remains his best friend well into his adult years. Conflict emerges when Ted's irresponsible and vulgar slacker lifestyle comes in the way of John's attempt to embrace his adulthood and the woman of his dreams, Lori (Mila Kunis).

Well, I guess this could be interesting.

Mila Kunis can always provide a likeable on-screen persona, and I can't remember the last time Mark Wahlberg starred in a bad film. Seth MacFarlane is the director for this one, and he helped write the screenplay, so you can expect a good amount of vulgar and raunchy humor here. Ted could be an enjoyable comedy, and the premise sounds unique, but I might wait for the DVD release here. Ted might provide some laughs, but this trailer doesn't excite me too much, and I'll probably wait for the DVD release on this one.

House At The End Of The Street

Release Date: September 21, 2012

[YOUTUBE]3Xd2ceHDd-g&ob=av3e[/YOUTUBE]​

Newly divorced Sarah and her daughter Elissa find the house of their dreams in a small, upscale, rural town. But when startling and unexplainable events begin to happen, Sarah and Elissa learn the town is in the shadows of a chilling secret.

I haven't had a chance to watch The Hunger Games just yet, but Jennifer Lawrence is still one of my favorite young actresses. Regardless of the quality for each film, The Hunger Games will become a high profiled franchise, and this will do wonders for Lawrence's career. House At The End Of The Street should be one of those thought provoking horror films, so we shouldn't see too much gore and blood here. The premise sounds intriguing, and I do want to take a chance on this film.

The Moth Diaries

April 20, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]Z8_Sc67ZP1w[/YOUTUBE]​

Rebecca is suspicious of Ernessa, the new arrival at her boarding school. But is Rebecca just jealous of Ernessa's bond with Lucie, or does the new girl truly possess a dark secret?

Snow, vampires, young children? Hmmm, I'm feeling a strong Let The Right One In vibe here.........

I have mixed feelings about The Moth Diaries. First of all, this trailer just kind of bored me, when I watched it for the first time. Nothing in this trailer grabs my attention, but The Moth Diaries could be a decent enough vampire flick. And Mary Harron is the same woman, who directed American Psycho, so I might give this one a try some day.

Savages

Release Date: July 6, 2012

[YOUTUBE]KC2zbOwbeEs[/YOUTUBE]​

When their shared hippie girlfriend, O (Blake Lively), is kidnapped, two marijuana growers — University of California, Berkeley graduate Ben (Aaron Johnson) and former U.S. Navy SEAL Chon (Taylor Kitsch) — confront a Mexican drug cartel to rescue her. Uma Thurman plays O's mother and John Travolta plays a DEA agent.

Oliver Stone's career has been in a slump for quite some time. Nixon is the last Stone film that received any Oscar nominations....but Nixon was released in 1995. Alexander was a huge miss-fire, and this film will always have the reputation of being one of the more disastrous epic blockbuster failures.

Stone could use another hit, but Savages probably won't give him that much needed boost. I hate to say this, but Savages just looks like your typical straight-to-video crime/drama. For the most part, the cast does look pretty solid, but I'm not so sure about Blake Lively here. She wasn't bad in The Town, and she was decent enough in Green Lantern. I've only had a chance to see Lively in these two films, but still, I haven't seen anything special from her. Travolta, Hayek, and del Toro should provide the more enjoyable performances in this film, but I don't have high hopes for Savages as of right now. Nothing in this trailer excites me, and Savages will probably become another forgettable mainstream release in 2012.

To Rome With Love

Release Date: June 22, 2012

[YOUTUBE]WIbYqxqtP38[/YOUTUBE]​

A story about a number of people in Italy, some American, some Italian, some residents, some visitors, and the romances and adventures and predicaments they get into.

YES! The trailer for the follow-up to Woody Allen's Midnight In Paris is finally here!

Woody Allen is the master of romantic comedies, and he should deliver another memorable film here. To Rome With Love features an excellent cast, and I do have big expectations for this. First of all, this a romantic comedy written and directed by Woody Allen. And on top of that, you have a cast that features Jessie Eisenberg, Ellen Page, and Alce Baldwin. To Rome With Love has all of the elements for an outstanding film, and waiting until June 22 is going to kill me!

Chernobyl Diaries

Release Date: May 25, 2012

[YOUTUBE]Pq47T48u8Zo[/YOUTUBE]​

The film follows a group of six young tourists who, looking to go off the beaten path, hire an "extreme tour" guide. Ignoring warnings, he takes them into the city of Pripyat, the former home to the workers of the Chernobyl nuclear reactor, but a deserted town since the disaster more than 25 years ago. After a brief exploration of the abandoned city, however, the group soon finds themselves stranded, only to discover that they are not alone.

Chernobyl Diaries should be worth watching. This trailer looks fantastic, and the premise does sound intriguing. The spooky atmosphere of the abandoned city should make everything feel more chilling, and Chernobyl Diaries could feature some nice jump scares. It looks like they're going to use the found-footage style of filmmaking here, but the reality era in horror films shouldn't bother me too much, because Chernobyl Diaries could be one of the best horror films in 2012.

Looper

Release Date: September 28, 2012

[YOUTUBE]0uIWGOKW5OM[/YOUTUBE]​

In the year 2042, a mob hitman assassinates targets that arrive from the future of 2072. For him it's just a job... till he receives a new target: himself from the future

Joesph Gordon-Levitt will have a big year in 2012. He has a part in The Dark Knight Rises, Premium Rush is going to hit theaters in August, and Looper could be one of the more entertaining sci-fi/thrillers this year. The story sounds unique, and Gordon-Levitt should do a fine job with the lead role. Outside of his Die Hard films, I've never been of a big fan of Bruce Willis' work, but he could provide a decent enough performance in the supporting role. Also, Emily Blunt is apart of this cast, so I can't complain too much.

The Pact

[YOUTUBE]UjBT7z3lhf8[/YOUTUBE]​

“As a woman struggles to come to grips with her past in the wake of her mother’s death, an unsettling presence emerges in her childhood home.”

On May 25, The Pact will receive a Video On Demand premiere, and this film will receive a limited theatrical run on July 6.

The Pact should be one of those thought provoking horror films. I don't think we'll see a heavy amount of gore and blood here, and they should take it easy on the violence. The Pact should feature some good jump scares and tension, but it looks like they're going for a jaw-dropping twist at the end here. If the twist is TRULY shocking, then I won't have a problem, because The Pact will provide a satisfying payoff for the audience, but this method of building suspense could backfire. They could throw some incredibly lame twist at the audience towards the end, and the let down for a big surprise would make the entire film feel very underwhelming. Still, I want to take a chance on The Pact, and I will give this film a chance, if I can find it.

End Of Watch

[YOUTUBE]hX2CO4YyREU[/YOUTUBE]​

A drama centered on the long-term friendship and partnership between two cops.

I'm not a fan of Michael Peña's work, but Jake Gyllenhaal is one of Hollywood's more talented actors. He delivered a pair of phenomenal performances in Jarhead and Source Code. Zodiac was an excellent crime drama. Love & Other Drugs could've been better, but Jake did have a very likeable on-screen persona, and his performance was enjoyable. And Gyllenhaal did provide one of the better performances for Brothers (2009). End Of Watch could be an entertaining cop drama. The raw footage style of filmmaking adds a nice touch of realism, and I will take a chance on this film.

The Samaritan

Release Date: May 16, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]1xIAm1bsO64[/YOUTUBE]​

After twenty‐five years in prison, Foley (Samuel L. Jackson) is finished with the grifter’s life. When he meets an elusive young woman named Iris (Ruth Negga), the possibility of a new start looks real. But his past is proving to be a stubborn companion: Ethan (Luke Kirby), the son of his former partner, has an ingenious plan and he wants Foley involved. The harder Foley tries to escape his past, the tighter he is ensnared in Ethan’s web of secrets, until it becomes all too clear to Foley that some wrongs can never be made right.

Eh, I might skip this one. This trailer gives away too many major details, and The Samaritan looks like straight-to-video material. Also, Samuel L. Jackson as the lead man doesn't excite me at all. I've always been a big fan of Jackson, but he's much better in supporting roles (Pulp Fiction, Die Hard With A Vengeance, The Long Kiss Goodnight, and Jackie Brown). Jackson doesn't have the presence of a true star, and he can't carry a film on his own. Formula 51 was okay at best, Black Snake Moan wasn't anything special, and Lakeview Terrace was a mediocre film. Snakes On A Plane was mindless fun, but Jackson wasn't the main attraction of that film.

I might give The Samaritan a try on DVD, but this film isn't worth a trip to theaters.

Before I post the new trailers, there's a few bits of information I want to share with everyone. Fox has decided to change the name of Neighborhood Watch. The Trayvon Martin shooting did grab some big headlines, and this particular case was a leading story on many news stations. Keeping the original title could cause some serious sensitivity issues, so Fox decided to go with "The Watch" for a new title.

Also, the most recent trailer for The Dictator did surprise me. The mockumentary style of filmmaking is almost nonexistent, and this approach does feel refreshing. Baron Cohen is known for this style, but you get to see a different side of Baron Cohen's character here:

[YOUTUBE]3C3KzALgzIc[/YOUTUBE]

Red Band Trailer

[YOUTUBE]ui6SfQPf9EQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]xjVgZwZ2h-I[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]TgEqVYcryWc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]g8evyE9TuYk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]kAN_6t2klJg[/YOUTUBE]​

Lawless

Release Date: August 31, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]csLbNO5cYSM[/YOUTUBE]​

Three brothers find their bootlegging business under threat in Prohibition-era Franklin County, Virginia. The story is based on Matt Bondurant's grandfather and great-uncles.

Shia LaBeouf won't do any more Transformers films, and Lawless should take his career in a positive direction. LaBeouf is talented, and he's loaded with charisma, but he won't have the support of a big name franchise here. Although, he will receive a lot of help from this excellent supporting cast. Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman, Guy Pearce, and Jessica Chastain? The supporting cast is just unreal, and Lawless should feature some great acting.

This trailer looks fantastic, and Lawless could be one of the more memorable Great Depression-era crime dramas.

The Campaign

Release Date: August 10, 2012

[YOUTUBE]veYJZoPSmyc[/YOUTUBE]​

When long-term congressman Cam Brady (Will Ferrell) commits a major public gaffe before an upcoming election, a pair of ultra-wealthy CEOs plot to put up a rival candidate and gain influence over their North Carolina district. Their man: naïve Marty Huggins (Zach Galifianakis), director of the local Tourism Center. At first, Marty appears to be the unlikeliest possible choice but, with the help of his new benefactors' support, a cutthroat campaign manager and his family's political connections, he soon becomes a contender who gives the charismatic Cam plenty to worry about. As Election Day closes in, the two are locked in a dead heat, with insults quickly escalating to injury until all they care about is burying each other, in this mud-slinging, back-stabbing, home-wrecking comedy from Meet the Parents director Jay Roach that takes today's political circus to its logical next level. Because even when you think campaign ethics have hit rock bottom, there's room to dig a whole lot deeper.

Galifianakis and Ferrell did provide a brief glimpse of their teamwork during the Oscars. They were hilarious as a duo, and their skit together did provide one of the more memorable moments for the entire show. The Campaign should be one of the more enjoyable comedies this year, and they're taking everything seriously here. The trailer is actually being presented as two campaign ads, each candidate has their own Facebook page, Ferrell and Galifianakis won't break character during the marketing campaign for this film, and I actually enjoy this approach. Everything feels more realistic, and the premise for this film does feel refreshing. The Campaign should provide great laughs, and I'm really looking forward to this.

Killer Joe

Release Date: July 27, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]cxpvzmvFHTM[/YOUTUBE]​

When 22 year-old drug dealer Chris (Hirsch) has his stash of drugs stolen from him by his mother, he has to come up with six-thousand dollars quick, or he's dead. Desperate, he goes to the trailer-park to see his father, Ansel (Hayden Church), and he lays out the plan. Chris's mother, who everyone hates, has a life insurance policy that would clear up his debt and make them all rich. The problem is that Chris' mother is very much alive. Enter Detective "Killer" Joe Cooper, a hired hit man with the manners of a Southern gentleman, who will do the job - for an upfront fee, that Chris and Ansel can't pay. Just as Joe is about to leave, he spots Dottie (Temple), Chris' innocent younger sister. Joe makes Chris an offer, he'll keep Dottie as sexual collateral until the money is collected and his fee can be paid.

Ugh, I want to like Matthew McConaughey, but he's done so many shit films over the years. McConaughey is a very talented actor, but he picks some bad films most of the time, and his record of inconsistency is just awful. The Linclon Lawyer was a solid film, but I can't forget about Fool's Gold and Sufer, Dude.

Also, Emile Hirsch NEEDS a rebound film. Killer Joe could help him bounce back, and his fans might forget about the The Darkest Hour.

Anyway, Killer Joe should be worth watching. The story sounds decent enough, the cast looks pretty solid, and this film should feature some brutal violence. Killer Joe could be an enjoyable dark comedy, and I will take a chance on this.

Argo

Release Date: September 14, 2012

[YOUTUBE]gp7AQRnWsb4[/YOUTUBE]​

Based on true events, Argo chronicles the life-or-death covert operation to rescue six Americans, which unfolded behind the scenes of the Iran hostage crisis -- the truth of which was unknown by the public for decades. On November 4, 1979, as the Iranian revolution reaches its boiling point, militants storm the U.S. embassy in Tehran, taking 52 Americans hostage. But, in the midst of the chaos, six Americans manage to slip away and find refuge in the home of the Canadian ambassador. Knowing it is only a matter of time before the six are found out and likely killed, a CIA "exfiltration" specialist named Tony Mendez (Affleck) comes up with a risky plan to get them safely out of the country. A plan so incredible, it could only happen in the movies.

Ben Affleck will have his hands full with Argo. He's the star and director for this film. Affleck directed The Town and Gone Baby Gone, so he has showcased some real talent behind the camera in the past. Argo should be an intriguing suspense drama, and the real life events will add a strong sense of realism to this film.

Gangster Squad

Release Date: October 12, 2012

[YOUTUBE]gViqCxibW6A[/YOUTUBE]​

Drama. Los Angeles, 1949. Ruthless, Brooklyn-born mob king Mickey Cohen (Sean Penn) runs the show in this town, reaping the ill-gotten gains from the drugs, the guns, the prostitutes and-if he has his way-every wire bet placed west of Chicago. And he does it all with the protection of not only his own paid goons, but also the police and the politicians who are under his control. It's enough to intimidate even the bravest, street-hardened cop...except, perhaps, for the small, secret crew of LAPD outsiders led by Sgt. John O'Mara (Josh Brolin) and Jerry Wooters (Ryan Gosling), who come together to try to tear Cohen's world apart. "The Gangster Squad" is a colorful retelling of events surrounding the LAPD's efforts to take back their nascent city from one of the most dangerous mafia bosses of all time.

Sean Penn, Ryan Gosling, Nick Nolte, Giovanni Ribsi, and Josh Brolin..... in the same film! This cast is phenomenal, and Sean Penn looks great in the trailer. Gangster Squad could be the perfect mob crime drama, and I'm really looking forward to this one. Also, Emma Stone is a nice addition to this cast. Stone will be overshadowed by a group of high profiled male actors here, but Stone is a talented actress. Stone continues to climb the ranks in Hollywood, and 2012 could be a big year for her. She will receive a good amount of spotlight in the new Spider-Man film, and Gangster Squad will provide another big boost for her career.

Here's the first real trailer for The Campaign, another trailer for Moonrise Kingdom, and another trailer for The Watch:

[YOUTUBE]k7yC0iiK7a4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]7N8wkVA4_8s[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]wnWsJr8YtdA[/YOUTUBE]​

Hit & Run

Release Date: August 24, 2012

[YOUTUBE]6nZlXB5okeo[/YOUTUBE]​

From the producer of Wedding Crashers - written and directed by and starring comic talent Dax Shepard (NBC's "Parenthood") HIT AND RUN is the story of Charlie Bronson (Shepard), a nice guy with a questionable past who risks everything when he busts out of the witness protection program to deliver his fiancé (Kristen Bell) to Los Angeles to seize a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Their road trip grows awkwardly complicated, when they are chased by the feds (led by Tom Arnold) ... and increasingly dangerous, when Charlie's former pals, a band of gangsters (led by Bradley Cooper), enter the fray.

Hit & Run could be a fun action/comedy. Bradley Cooper is a decent enough actor, but he's more enjoyable in comedy roles. He's not the breakout star in The Hangover films (that honor belongs to Zach Galifianakis), but Cooper can provide a few laughs every now and then. Kristen Bell usually annoys me, but I'm a big fan of Dax Shepard, so I will take a chance on this.

Bait 3D

[YOUTUBE]KWwtCwk2_9M[/YOUTUBE]​

A freak tsunami traps shoppers at a coastal Australian supermarket inside the building ... along with a pack of tiger sharks.

Bait 3D received a bunch of September release dates for Russia, Argentina, Australia, and other countries, but as of right now, Bait 3D doesn't have any US release dates. Bait 3D should make its way to the US soon enough (possibly in 2013), and this one could receive a limited theatrical run.

Yeah, I'm going to take a chance on Bait 3D, if I can find it. Truth be told, this trailer doesn't look that great, but I have a thing for horror movies that feature sharks, and Bait 3D should feature some gruesome violence. Bait 3D should be able to deliver some nice suspense, and the setting of the supermarket is a nice touch here. Seeing the victims trapped inside the supermarket should provide a strong sense of claustrophobia, and I can feel the impeding doom in this trailer. Bait 3D probably won't be something to remember, but this film could provide some entertainment for horror fans, and Bait 3D has earned a spot on my must-see list for the future.

The Possession

Release Date: August 31, 2012

[YOUTUBE]6NWygvpLOgY[/YOUTUBE]​

The box is real, its curse is legendary. Ole Bornedal directs the tale of the horrific nightmare unleashed on one family who unwittingly brings a cursed box into their home. The real-life box gained notoriety in 2004 when it sold on eBay after causing inexplicable bad fortune to its owners which were attributed to a dibbuk - a malevolent spirit of Jewish folklore trapped in the haunted box.

Sam Raimi is a producer for this film, so The Possession could be one of the more enjoyable mainstream horror films in 2012. This trailer is creepy, chilling, and The Possession could feature a few gross-out moments. I don't expect a great amount of bloody gore here, but The Possession could provide some nice jump scares, and I am looking forward to this one.

The Words

[YOUTUBE]gjmrDDD9o_k[/YOUTUBE]​

Struggling writer Rory Johnson (Bradley Cooper) rockets to fame after passing off a brilliant found manuscript as his own, but experiences an acute crisis of conscience after his stint in the spotlight changes him in ways he never expected. Jeremy Irons, Dennis Quaid, and Olivia Wilde co-star.

I don't have high expectations for this. The Words could be a solid enough drama, but the cast does worry me a little bit. On the positive side, you have Jeremy Irons, and Zoe Saldana is one of the more talented actresses in Hollywood, but Bradley Cooper isn't capable of carrying any film as the lead man. Olivia Wilde is just eye candy most of the time, and Dennis Quaid is a mediocre actor at best. The Words might provide some enjoyment as one of those watch-at-home type of movies, because this film isn't worth a trip to theaters.

The Great Gatsby

Release Date: December 25, 2012

[YOUTUBE]OULhlaX6JY4[/YOUTUBE]​

Drama. "The Great Gatsby" follows Fitzgerald-like, would-be writer Nick Carraway (Tobey Maguire) as he leaves the Midwest and comes to New York City in the spring of 1922, an era of loosening morals, glittering jazz and bootleg kings. Chasing his own American Dream, Nick lands next door to a mysterious, party-giving millionaire, Jay Gatsby (Leonardo DiCaprio) and across the bay from his cousin, Daisy (Carey Mulligan) and her philandering, blue-blooded husband, Tom Buchanan (Joel Edgerton). It is thus that Nick is drawn into the captivating world of the super rich, their illusions, loves and deceits. As Nick bears witness, within and without the world he inhabits, he pens a tale of impossible love, incorruptible dreams and high-octane tragedy, and holds a mirror to our own modern times and struggles.

This has to be Leo's year.

Django Unchained and The Great Gatsby are hitting theaters during Oscar season, and Leo has two great chances to FINALLY win an Oscar next year. For me, it doesn't matter. Best Supporting Actor, or Best Actor, I just want to see Leo take home the gold for something at the Academy Awards next year.

Anyway, F. Scott Fitzgerald's famous novel has seen six film adaptations (the 2012 version will be the seventh), and along with Leo's presence, this well known novel should help attract large amounts of moviegoers to theaters. As far as the film adaptations go, I've only seen the 1949 and 1974 versions, and I haven't read the book in years. Still, I'm looking forward to The Great Gatsby. The cast looks great, this trailer is breathtaking, and The Great Gatsby could be one of the more popular hits during the Oscar season rush.

Skyfall

Release Date: November 9, 2012

[YOUTUBE]24mTIE4D9JM[/YOUTUBE]​

In Skyfall, Bond's loyalty to M is tested as her past comes back to haunt her. As MI6 comes under attack, 007 must track down and destroy the threat, no matter how personal the cost.

Quantum Of Solace really didn't do anything for me, and I couldn't get into the story. But if I remember correctly, this film was developed during the writer's strike, so that could be a reason for the abysmal screenplay.

Skyfall could provide an upgrade, and this first teaser trailer looks great. I enjoy Daniel Craig as James Bond, and Javier Bardem should deliver as the main antagonist. The storyline with M sounds very intriguing, and Skyfall could be one of the more memorable James Bond films.

Hyde Park On Hudson

Release Date: December 7, 2012

[YOUTUBE]UQaScjiWDyY[/YOUTUBE]​

Producer/director Roger Michell teams with screenwriter Richard Nelson to adapt Nelson's BBC radio play chronicling the extramarital affair between President Franklin Delano Roosevelt (Bill Murray) and his distant cousin, Daisy (Laura Linney), which comes to light during a royal visit from the King and Queen of England (Samuel West and Olivia Colman) at his home in Hyde Park. As war engulfs Europe and the king seeks the support of the American president, President Roosevelt struggles to balance his domestic affairs with his international obligations as Commander in Chief.

Well, it looks like Bill Murray chose the chances of winning the Oscar for Best Actor over the big paycheck for a potential Ghostbusters III film.

Hyde Park On Hudson could be a unique drama. We'll see a lighter side of FDR here, and this approach should feel refreshing. Murray's portrayal of FDR could earn him an Oscar nomination, and Leo will have some tough competition this year.

The Master

Release Date: October 12, 2012

[YOUTUBE]SWn6RinHan4[/YOUTUBE]​

Philip Seymour Hoffman stars as a World War II vet who's inspired to create a religion upon returning home to 1950s America. Joaquin Phoenix also stars in this Paul Thomas Anderson religious drama. Amy Adams, Laura Dern, Jesse Plemons, and David Warshofsky co-star.

Finally, Joaquin Phoenix makes his return to acting.

His ridiculous retirement stunt was so silly, and the pursuit of his "rap career" was just painful to watch. Phoenix is a talented actor, and he is capable of providing memorable performances.

P.T. Anderson is the same man, who directed There Will Be Blood, and you can't forget about Boogie Nights. I've been waiting on the next P.T. Anderson film, and so far, The Master looks great. Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Phoenix should provide the highlight performances of the cast, and Amy Adams is a solid actress. The Master might get lost in the shuffle during Halloween season (fuck you, Paranormal Activity 4), but I am looking forward to this, and I do have some big expectations for Anderson's new film.

And here's the most recent trailer for G.I. Joe Retaliation:

[YOUTUBE]Fp230fe1izU&feature=fvsr[/YOUTUBE]​

By now, everyone should know about the postponement of G.I. Joe Retaliation, but I just wanted to share my thoughts on the situation:

EXCLUSIVE: The sequel G.I. Joe: Retaliation was supposed to come out this summer on June 29th. But I’ve learned that Paramount is moving the movie nine months to March 29, 2013, to add 3D. “We’re going to do a conscientious 3D job because we’ve seen how it can better box office internationally,” one of the studio execs just told me. “Jim Cameron did all of Titanic‘s 3D in post — and look how well that movie turned out.” Hollywood is shocked that Paramount vacated the primo date, especially because Paramount blew a wad on a Super Bowl commercial and already was starting TV and outdoor ads for GI Joe 2. Paramount has had luck delaying films before: its decision to move Martin Scorsese’s Shutter Island gave the director his biggest box office hit ever. And right now, 3D is huge internationally, with Russia and China building new 3D theaters by the week. Also the execs say that the blockbuster performance of The Hunger Games shows that March can be a prime time of the year to release movies. Of course, Paramount had to talk its partners on GI Joe 2 into the extra nine months of carrying costs – MGM, which has 25%, and David Ellison’s Skydance, which has another 25%. The $125M-budgeted actioner stars Channing Tatum, Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, and Bruce Willis and is directed by Jon Chu.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/g-i...2012-to-add-3d-for-bigger-foreign-box-office/

Yeah, this "we're going to push back the release date until 2013, because we want to add better 3D effects" stuff is just an awful, lame excuse from Paramount.

The fierce competition from other summer blockbusters this year had to play a big part in this decision, and I do have strong, confident feelings about this. The Avengers hit theaters on May 4th, and this film is still holding a VERY commanding lead at the #1 spot in the box office standings. Most people were expecting Battleship to provide some strong competition, but The Avengers easily crushed this film last week.

Prometheus, The Amazing Spider-Man, and The Dark Knight Rises will all hit theaters this summer. Oh, and let's not forget about Men In Black III opening today. All of these films are more than capable of grabbing a #1 spot, and each film won't fade away so quickly. Hell, The Dark Knight Rises might hold on to the #1 spot for four weeks or more.

Let's face facts. G.I. Joe The Rise Of Cobra wasn't something to brag about. It was a mediocre film at best, and the vast majority of moviegoers weren't foaming at the mouth for a sequel. Sure, the trailers for the second film do look better, but a sequel for G.I. Joe isn't in high demand, especially this year. No. People want to see Ridley Scott's Alien prequel, they want to see the rebirth of Spider-Man, they want to see the return of Will Smith in Men In Black, and The Dark Knight Rises will be one of the most anticipated conclusions to any film series. And The Avengers will remain relevant in the coming months.

Paramount wanted to avoid a potential embarrassing box office flop situation, so they bailed until next year. Retaliation could've become a forgettable summer blockbuster, lost in the shuffle, and buried underneath the REAL juggernauts this year. Just look at all the heavy promotion for Battleship. Newsflash, it came out it last week. Do you care about it?

I guess you could call it a smart business move. Paramount feared the competition, they bailed, and pushed the Retaliation release date to 2013. But isn't this is a shitty message for fans, who actually wanted to see this film in June? "Well, we want to rake in more cash overseas. We can make more money in the international box office profits, the 3D effects will help raise ticket prices worldwide, and we'll avoid all the tough competition this year, so in the end, it's a win, win situation for us."

You really get a chance to see the greedy side of Hollywood here, and adding unnecessary 3D effects won't help the quality of the film. Of course, Rock promises the 3D effects will be worth the long wait. He made this promise via twitter, but I can't believe him. 3D effects are supposed to be worth a nine month wait? Really, Rock???? I know he's trying to maintain positive publicity for the promotional campaign, but this particular tweet did bring a facepalm out of me.

Anyway, Seth McFarlane's Ted will take over Retaliation’s old June 29th release date. Ted was supposed to hit theaters on July 13th, but they're moving up to June.

A few new trailers.....

The Apparition

Release Date: August 24, 2012

[YOUTUBE]mkmzXVwLtH0[/YOUTUBE]​

When frightening events start to occur in their home, young couple Kelly (Ashley Greene) and Ben (Sebastian Stan) discover they are being haunted by a presence that was accidentally conjured during a university parapsychology experiment. The horrifying apparition feeds on their fear and torments them no matter where they try to run. Their last hope is an expert in the supernatural (Tom Felton), but even with his help they may already be too late to save themselves from this terrifying force...

I'm not sold on this one just yet. The Apparition just looks like one of those shitty straight-to-video horror films, with sub-par acting, and mediocre special effects.

I might give this one a try, and Tom Felton (he portrayed Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter films) might have a chance of upstaging his on-screen rival, Daniel Radcliffe in horror films. Ironically enough, Radcliffe was the star for The Woman In Black, and Felton will have a significant role in The Apparition. Felton has a real chance to grab some bragging rights outside the Harry Potter franchise, because The Woman In Black was average at best.

And here's the new four minute trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man:

[YOUTUBE]16AwVWvjQhY[/YOUTUBE]​

Okay, NOW I'm officially pumped for this movie.

Here's some recent news regarding G.I. Joe's new release date:

EXCLUSIVE: Ever since I scooped the news a week ago about G.I. Joe: Retaliation moving from June 29th to March 29th, 2013, no one was buying Paramount‘s excuse that “adding 3D” was the only reason for the 9 month delay. Least of all me. So I did some snooping. And what I found out shows the difficult decisions which Hollywood moguls are facing in this challenging box office environment when even franchises aren’t sure things. (Witness last weekend’s Men In Black 3.) And at what point and at what cost do the top execs make changes in their films already shooting or in post-production or even five weeks out from release in order to head off a disaster?

Hollywood was gobsmacked that Paramount vacated the primo date this summer, especially because the studio blew a wad on a Super Bowl commercial and already was starting TV and outdoor ads for GI Joe 2. Not to mention the toys, warehouses full of them ready and waiting, already on shelves. Or the big screen trailer attacjed this past weekend to MIB3. But the fact is that Paramount became extremely concerned about G.I. Joe 2‘s box office prospects worldwide after its test scores were mediocre to GI Joe 2 Release Datebad. Reshoots were needed. Plus, the moguls realized what a complete miscalculation it was to kill off Channing Tatum in the sequel. And even more so at the start of the film. You will remember that Tatum wasn’t a star when the first G.I. Joe was released. But since then his back-to-back successes in The Vow and 21 Jump Street have made him into a draw. And it turned out that the only bright spot for audiences as a result of the G.I. Joe 2 testing was the aborted relationship between Tatum and Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson. Plus look at the movie poster for Retaliation: you wouldn’t even know Tatum is in the sequel. Now the movie is being reworked — and reshoots don’t lose a valuable leading man like Tatum by killing him off. “The 3D is an excuse as to not reveal the Tatum of it all,” one of my sources tells me. Of course this June Tatum appears in Steven Soderbergh’s Magic Mike as a stripper (inspired by Tatum’s own experiences, pre-stardom). My sources insist Paramount didn’t want uniformed Channing to compete with stripping Channing on the same weekend. Not with those abs.

Related: Hot Trailer: Channing Tatum In ‘Magic Mike’
Related: ‘G.I. Joe: Retaliation’ Moving To March 2013 To Add 3D For Bigger Foreign Box Office

Here is how Paramount insiders explain to me what happened. And clearly it’s not just because “We’re going to do a conscientious 3D job because we’ve seen how it can better box office internationally” now that Russia and China are building new 3D theaters by the week, as the studio said a week ago:

“This was a case of letting a schedule to fill a summer slot dictate the film not being in 3D even though we knew that would be the most commercial version of the film. Then in the spring there were 2 big events. First John Carter lost $200M despite the best efforts of the Pixar brain trust. But the 3D film managed to gross over $200M overseas, nearly tripling its U.S. take.

“Also Channing Tatum had a breakout spring, starring in The Vow and 21 Jump Street. In our first screening of the film the reaction from audiences was good but with 2 big concerns: 1) They didn’t like the fact that Channing and The Rock really didn’t have any time to develop a friendship before Channing died, and 2) Why wasn’t it going to be in 3D? We went back and shot another week with Channing to develop more of his story with The Rock, which made the film play much better. But we didn’t have the time to be in 3D.

“Then a week ago Battleship basically had the same performance as John Carter – $60M-$70M U.S. and just over $200M international. That was just a wake-up call that said to us we need to offer the best version of the film irrespective of summer market share to ensure the best possible performance. And not being in 3D will cost us a ton of business internationally.”

But the big question is how much this deliberate delay of G.I. Joe 2‘s release will affect the pic’s cost. After all, the cost of MIB3 soared when the time travel elements of Etan Cohen’s script had to be re-worked by Jeff Nathanson who needed more time to pull off the tricky plot device while Cohen worked on another project. So the film shut down for about six weeks, which is a rarity for a major tentpole, and then Cohen came back to finish the movie. That caused the cost to skyrocket from a range of $225M (which is what Sony claims as the budget) to $300M (which is what rival studios say it really was). Between that and all the gross profit participants, that’s a lot of coin before Sony sees profit. Of course, Paramount had to talk its partners on GI Joe 2 into the extra nine months of carrying costs – MGM, which has 25%, and David Ellison’s Skydance, which has another 25%. Paramount sources claim to me that the budget for the $125M-budgeted actioner is stll under control. I’m not sure I believe their claim that the changes will result in just $5M more:

“Several 3D houses had already approached us about doing the film in 3D. This move gives us the time to do it right. We are having conversations with Stereo D and Prime Focus about doing the 3D work for a reduced fee in exchange for a piece of 3D upside. Also, interest rates are very low right now. So 9 months does not have a huge impact on budget. It should stay under $130M.”

Meanwhile, other sources tell Deadline that G.I. Joe 2 director Jon M. Chu is “shellshocked” over the release date move. Paramount kept him on a very tight leash from the beginning of the production. Among other things, they wouldn’t let him bring onboard David Nicksay, who has worked with Chu as executive producer on the Step Up movies and the Justin Bieber documentary. Even The Rock felt forced to calm fan fears about the film like in this Twitter exchange on May 23rd when the delay announcement came down: DwayneJohnson ‏@TheRock It will be. Designing new scenes to enhance 3D. RT: @JimmyinGA: Was looking forward to GI Joe next month. Hope the 3D is worth the wait.

True, Paramount had luck delaying Martin Scorsese’s Shutter Island to give the director his biggest box office hit ever. Now the question is whether lightning can strike twice.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/big-problems-behind-g-i-joe-2s-big-delay/

Channing Tatum? A box office draw? Bullshit.

The Vow was released during VALENTINE'S DAY season. It was the perfect movie for couples, and Rachel McAdams is a well known and popular actress, so you can't give Tatum all the credit for the successful box office profits. And to top it off, you're going to use 21 Jump Street as another example? Seriously???? Jonah Hill gained a nice amount of popularity after Superbad, and 21 Jump Street could rely on support from fans of the TV series. So, you still can't give Tatum all the credit for another profitable box office run.

This is just another lame excuse from Paramount. Pay close attention to the trailers for Retaliation. After the surprise attack, The Rock CLEARLY points out all the G.I. Joe survivors, and you'll notice he doesn't mention Tatum's character. And as the trailer progresses, Tatum just fades away, and he becomes an afterthought. The article also points out Tatum's absence in the movie poster, so moviegoers did have their fair share of warning signs. Tatum wasn't going to last long, and his character wasn't going to have a big role in this film. This was painfully obvious, and he'll probably suffer a forgettable death in Retaliation. The lack of Tatum's presence isn't going to drive moviegoers away from this film. "What! Channing Tatum isn't going to have a big part in the G.I. Joe sequel? There needs to be more Channing Tatum, or I'm not going to spend my money on the unnecessary 3D effects!" Please.

Also, you can't create any sort of connection with Shutter Island. Martin Scorsese is one of the more high profiled directors in Hollywood. He's earned the status of a legendary director, and he will be remembered as one of the greats. Who the fuck is Jon M. Chu? He is the director for Retaliation, and you probably don't know him. And why should you? After all, this is the same man, who directed such classics as Step Up 2 The Streets, Step Up 3D, and Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. :rolleyes: Jon M. Chu is not a recognizable director, and unlike Channing Tatum, Leonardo DiCaprio is a TRUE box office draw. You can't compare Shutter Island's situation with G.I. Joe's current dilemma, and Paramount continues to pull excuses out of their asses with this false comparison.

This is just pathetic. Paramount feared the tough competition this summer, so they changed their released date. They spent massive amounts of cash on the marketing campaign for this film, and they didn't want to suffer an embarrassing box office flop. Yeah, I get it. They have to save face, but the bullshit excuses are ridiculous.

New trailers.....

Les Misérables

Release Date: December 14, 2012

Les Misérables is the motion-picture adaptation of the beloved global stage sensation seen by more than 60 million people in 42 countries and in 21 languages around the globe and still breaking box-office records everywhere in its 27th year. Helmed by The King's Speech's Academy Award (R)-winning director, Tom Hooper, the Working Title/Cameron Mackintosh production stars Hugh Jackman, Oscar (R) winner Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway and Eddie Redmayne, with further casting to be announced. Set against the backdrop of 19th-century France, Les Misérables tells an enthralling story of broken dreams and unrequited love, passion, sacrifice and redemption-a timeless testament to the survival of the human spirit. Jackman plays ex-prisoner Jean Valjean, hunted for decades by the ruthless policeman Javert (Crowe) after he breaks parole. When Valjean agrees to care for factory worker Fantine's (Hathaway) young daughter, Cosette, their lives change forever. In December 2012, the world's longest-running musical brings its power to the big screen in Tom Hooper's sweeping and spectacular interpretation of Victor Hugo's epic tale. With international superstars and beloved songs-including "I Dreamed a Dream," "Bring Him Home," "One Day More" and "On My Own"-Les Misérables, the show of shows, is now reborn as the cinematic musical experience of a lifetime.

I LOVE the cast for this film......but I hate musicals. South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut, and Sweeney Todd (2007) are the only two musicals I can watch over and over again, and enjoy at the same time. Les Misérables should feature some great acting, and Misérables will hit theaters during Oscar season, so this one could earn some nominations at the Academy Awards next year. Despite my feelings towards musicals, I will take a chance on this film. This trailer did a great job of catching my attention, and I won't miss anything that features Helena Bonham Carter.

Lay The Favourite

Release Date: June 22, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]ze7YtJXaF50[/YOUTUBE]​

Beth Raymer leaves her dancing job at a Florida strip club to become a Las Vegas cocktail waitress. Not exactly an ideal career choice, but her borderline-ditzy personality doesn't give her many options. In walks Dink, a professional sports bettor who sees through her bubbly exterior and offers her a job placing wagers all over town to gain an advantage over the casinos. Her surprisingly impeccable mind for numbers soon cements her status as Dink's good-luck charm, until his gorgeous-but-frigid wife, Tulip, starts to get jealous. Faced with no other choice but to fire Beth, Dink's luck runs out when she heads to New York to work for a smarmy bookie, a turn of events that lands her squarely on the wrong side of the law.

What the fuck is this supposed to be? Lay The Favourite looks like some shitty comedy, that you can find at Wal-Mart for $5. I'm sorry, but Bruce Willis is NOT funny. Vince Vaughn is listed as a member of the cast, but he doesn't make an appearance in this trailer, so Vaughn's character probably won't receive a significant amount of screen time. Rebecca Hall and Catherine Zeta-Jones could provide some laughs, but I don't have any hope for Lay The Favourite. Lay The Favourite might be worth a trip to the Red Box, but this isn't worth the price of a theater ticket.

The Babymakers

Release Date: August 3, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]gQxJIfBDMmw[/YOUTUBE]​

After trying everything to get his wife Audrey (Olivia Munn) pregnant, Tommy Macklin (Paul Schneider) realizes to his horror that he may be "shooting blanks." Terrified that his marriage may fall apart, Tommy recruits his friends to rob a sperm bank where he made a deposit years ago. As with any half-baked scheme, everything can and does go wrong, testing the limits of Tommy and Audrey's relationship and showing how far one couple will go in hopes of getting pregnant.

Wow.....this trailer looks terrible.

The Babymakers features a silly premise, but this trailer couldn't pull any laughs out of me. Olivia Munn is a very attractive woman, but she isn't known for her acting abilities. The Babymakers will be one of those stupid and raunchy comedies, and I'm going to pass on this one. This unfunny and dull trailer put the nail in the coffin for me, and I won't waste any time with this one.

Branded

Release Date: September 7, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]XRCFJ8MrUzc[/YOUTUBE]​

BRANDED is a dark and mind-bending journey into a surreal, dystopian society where corporate brands have unleashed a monstrous global conspiracy to get inside our minds and keep the population disillusioned, dependent and passive. One man's Misha (Ed Stoppard) passion to unlock the truth behind the conspiracy will lead to an epic battle with the hidden forces that really control our world.

The unique and refreshing premise is something to admire, and Branded could be one of the more enjoyable suspense/sci-fi films this year. Although, they could squander a unique story here, because this trailer does go too over the top at times. Also, you can't deny the strong similarities to The Matrix, and people are starting to label this as a cheap They Live rip-off.

Still, I'm going to take a chance on this, and I do have some high hopes for Branded.

The Odd Life Of Timothy Green

Release Date: August 15, 2012

[YOUTUBE]QhaPxj1EIhg[/YOUTUBE]​

Director/writer Peter Hedges brings enchantment to the screen with The Odd Life of Timothy Green, an inspiring, magical story about a happily married couple, Cindy and Jim Green (Jennifer Garner and Joel Edgerton), who can't wait to start a family but can only dream about what their child would be like. When young Timothy (CJ Adams) shows up on their doorstep one stormy night, Cindy and Jim -- and their small town of Stanleyville -- learn that sometimes the unexpected can bring some of life's greatest gifts.

The Odd Life Of Timothy Green will probably be your typical heartwarming Disney movie, but this film does feature a strange and mysterious premise. It's something different, and The Odd Life Of Timothy Green should be an enjoyable family movie, but this trailer just bores me. Still, this is a family movie, it's Disney, so you can expect some big time box office numbers for this one. I might take a chance on this, but I'm not too sure as of right now.

New trailers for House At The End Of The Street and The Bourne Legacy:

[YOUTUBE]orJBhJ3kOog[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]JOVs1JItE3I&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]​

Flight

Release Date: November 2, 2012

[YOUTUBE]Aqn2L6kQQt8[/YOUTUBE]​

In this action-packed mystery thriller, Academy Award winner, Denzel Washington stars as Whip Whitaker, a seasoned airline pilot, who miraculously crash lands his plane after a mid-air catastrophe, saving nearly every soul on board. After the crash, Whip is hailed as a hero, but as more is learned, more questions than answers arise as to who or what was really at fault and what really happened on that plane?

Well, Denzel might take a shot at another Oscar here. Flight features an intriguing premise, and this could be one of the more memorable dramas during Oscar season. Denzel looks pretty sharp here, and he could provide some tough competition at the Academy Awards next year. I've always been a big fan of John Goodman, and he looks great in this trailer. Also, Robert Zemeckis is a great choice for director. Zemeckis will always have a special place on my list of favorites. After all, this is the same man, who directed all the Back To The Future films, Forest Gump, and Cast Away.

I don't have big expectations for Flight, but I am intrigued by this film, so I will take a chance on it.

Release Date: August 3, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]ElLF2VgeYxg[/YOUTUBE]​

Inspired by Arthur Schnitzler's classic La Ronde, screenwriter Peter Morgan and director Fernando Meirelles' 360 combines a modern and dynamic roundelay of stories into one, linking characters from different cities and countries in a vivid, suspenseful and deeply moving tale of love in the 21st century. Starting in Vienna, the film beautifully weaves through Paris, London, Bratislava, Rio, Denver and Phoenix into a single, mesmerizing narrative.

I really like the cast here, but 360 looks like a vague and messy drama. This trailer just feels so dull, and I don't have high hopes for this. 360 should feature some good acting, but the story doesn't excite me at all. I'll probably take a chance on this somewhere down the line, but I'm going to watch this one on DVD, because 360 isn't worth a trip to theaters.

Sinister

Release Date: October 5, 2012

[YOUTUBE]pgYxydrVlDk[/YOUTUBE]​

Sinister is a frightening new thriller from the producer of the Paranormal Activity films and the writer-director of The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Ethan Hawke plays a true crime novelist who discovers a box of mysterious, disturbing home movies that plunge his family into a nightmarish experience of supernatural horror.

Sinister could be one of the better Halloween season films this year. This particular haunted house story sounds intriguing, and the trailer is filled with some good spooky moments. Sinister should be a chilling and terrifying horror flick, and we should see a few good jump scares here. Ethan Hawke as the lead mean really doesn't do anything for me, but I'm looking forward to Sinister, and this film is loaded with some real potential.

New trailer for Resident Evil Retribution and the international trailer for Django Unchained:

[YOUTUBE]x9SsMdvJ3k0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]0ekxROBok84&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

Dredd 3D

[YOUTUBE]PifvRiHVSCY[/YOUTUBE]​

The future America is an irradiated waste land. On its East Coast, running from Boston to Washington DC, lies Mega City One- a vast, violent metropolis where criminals rule the chaotic streets. The only force of order lies with the urban cops called "Judges" who possess the combined powers of judge, jury and instant executioner. Known and feared throughout the city, Dredd (Karl Urban) is the ultimate Judge, challenged with ridding the city of its latest scourge - a dangerous drug epidemic that has users of "Slo-Mo" experiencing reality at a fraction of its normal speed.

Judge Dredd (1995) receives a lot of hate, but I still love that film. For me, Judge Dredd was an enjoyable popcorn flick, that featured some fun, mindless action scenes, and the cheesy dialogue always brings a few laughs out of me. Armand Assante was an excellent antagonist, and Rob Schneider provided some great comic relief.

Judge Dredd (1995) is one of my personal favorites, but the 2012 version won't go the route of a traditional remake. With the exception of the main character, Dredd (2012) won't share any similarities with the 1995 version. In many ways Dredd is unrelated to the 1995 film, but I do notice a few glimpses of nostalgia here. Karl Urban (who is a fine choice for this role by the way) will mimic Sylvester Stallone's performance, as he portrays this emotionless, strict, bad ass authority figure. And the relationship between Judge Dredd and Judge Anderson (Olivia Thirlby) reminds me of the partnership between Stallone and Diane Lane in the 1995 film.

The idea of a crazy female antagonist sounds intriguing, and I actually like this trailer, but the 3D shit really pisses me off. Dredd (2012) might receive an exclusive 3D release. Usually, I like to have the option of skipping 3D, but there's a chance I won't have a choice this time around. It's either 3D or wait for the DVD release; There's no way around it. Still, I've been waiting on the new Dredd film for a LONG time, so I'll probably end up spending extra cash for the higher ticket price if I have to, because I don't want to miss this one in theaters.

Taken 2

Release Date: October 5, 2012

[YOUTUBE]VpaT8NzkLgE[/YOUTUBE]​

Liam Neeson returns as Bryan Mills, a retired CIA operative who decimated an Albanian slave-trading ring to rescue his kidnapped daughter. A year later, on a trip to Istanbul, Mills gets a surprise visit from his daughter, Kim, and his ex-wife, Lenore. The happy reunion turns sour when Lenore is taken by gangsters serving Murad, father of one of the fallen Albanian criminals. With his ex-wife held hostage and Kim on the run, Mills must once again use his lethal skills to track down his ex-wife and eliminate all who stand in his way.

Back in 2008, Taken became a surprise hit amongst action films, and Liam Neeson was superb in the lead role. Taken was an enjoyable, mindless action flick, and Taken 2 should deliver the goods. If they stick with the formula from the first film (cool, stylish fight scenes, intense car chases, the big shootout during the final rescue attempt towards the very end of the film) Taken 2 could satisfy fans of the first film. But Taken 2 could go the route of a disappointing, money-making sequel. It's a strong possibility, and you can't deny the chances of a shitty sequel.

I'm looking forward to Taken 2, and I'm a fan of Liam Neeson, but the story really doesn't excite me at all. It feels like the same crap all over again. Maggie Grace's character trades places with her mother (Famke Janssen), and instead of saving his daughter, Liam Neeson will have to save his ex-wife this time around. Maggie Grace assisting her father is one of the only main differences I clearly see, but everything else just feels the same.

I will take a chance on Taken 2. Liam Neeson hasn't produced a bad action film yet, but I won't raise my expectation levels too high for this one.

The Tall Man

Release Date: August 31, 2012

[YOUTUBE]G_q5Wy3qgTk[/YOUTUBE]​

In an isolated, slowly dying mining town, children are vanishing without a trace - abducted, the townsfolk whisper, by a mysterious entity known locally as "The Tall Man." Town nurse Julia Denning (Jessica Biel) seems skeptical...until her young David disappears in the middle of night. Frantic to rescue the boy, Julia lives every parent's darkest nightmare in this twisting, shock-around-each-corner thriller from acclaimed director Pascal Laugier called The Tall Man.

Eh, this trailer is giving me mixed signals. The Tall Man is supposed to be a horror film, but I just see a crime drama, when I look at this trailer. The Tall Man doesn't look like a "mysterious entity" here. I just see a creepy murder, who abducts children.

Still, Jessica Biel is one of my favorites, and the story for this film does interest me, so I will take a chance on The Tall Man.

Fun Size

Release Date: October 26, 2012

[YOUTUBE]ojTF6ehp87I[/YOUTUBE]​

“In the film, Wren and her little brother Albert secretly head off to a party. The night turns to sh*t when Albert goes missing and it becomes a race to find him before ol’ mom finds out.”

Fun Size could be a fun comedy, but this trailer really doesn't do anything for me. If Fun Size premiered on TV or received a straight-to-video release, then I might give it a try, but a theatrical release? No thanks. This trailer does have some funny moments, and the story sounds decent enough, but I think I'll wait for Fun Size's DVD release.

Here Comes The Boom

Release Date: October 27, 2012

[YOUTUBE]rfBo532SHBQ&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]​

A dedicated teacher attempts to rescue his school's music program by risking life and limb as a mixed martial arts fighter. Kevin James and Henry Winkler star in an action comedy from director Frank Coraci (The Wedding Singer, Click).

I've never been a big fan of Kevin James. He usually plays the goofy fat guy, who falls down a lot, and a hot woman usually portrays his love interest.

James' comedy never does anything for me, but Here Comes The Boom looks different. According to various sources, James actually lost eighty pounds for this role, and he's had some MMA training. He's taking this role pretty seriously, and the fight scenes should have a sense of realism. I'm not the biggest MMA fan, and to tell you the truth, the only time I payed any real attention to UFC is when Lesnar had his brief run.

Here comes The Boom could be an entertaining comedy. Hopefully, James won't go overboard with the clumsy fat guy stuff, because his routine can become tiresome after a while.

The Sessions

[YOUTUBE]Fy2y7UIpgP4[/YOUTUBE]​

THE SESSIONS is based on the witty and touching autobiography of Mark O'Brien, a man confined to an iron lung for the majority of his life due to a child bout of polio. At the age of 38, Mark decides to fulfill one of his lifelong dreams - to lose his virginity. What follows is a truly unconventional journey, portrayed by Academy Award-nominee John Hawkes

William H. Macy AND John Hawkes? Yeah, there's no way I'm missing this one.

I haven't seen Helen Hunt in anything since Cast Away, and I just stopped paying attention to her career for a while. She's not a bad actress, but I've never seen anything great in her.

The Sessions could be a moving and emotional romance drama. Although, things could become too sappy for my taste. I'll take a chance on this one, but the story does worry me a little bit.

The Man With The Iron Fists

Red Band Trailer

[YOUTUBE]a7l3okIqnCg[/YOUTUBE]​

Making his debut as a big-screen director and leading man, RZA-alongside a stellar international cast led by Russell Crowe and Lucy Liu-tells the epic story of warriors, assassins and a lone outsider hero in nineteenth-century China who must unite to destroy the clan traitor who would destroy them all. Since his arrival in China's Jungle Village, the town's blacksmith (RZA) has been forced by radical tribal factions to create elaborate tools of destruction. When the clans' brewing war boils over, the stranger channels an ancient energy to transform himself into a human weapon. As he fights alongside iconic heroes and against soulless villains, one man must harness this power to become savior of his adopted people.

The Man With The Iron Fists doesn't have an official release date yet, but when the date is announced, I will post it.

Huh. So this was Batista's BIG announcement......

The Man With The Iron Fists could be a unique kung-fu grindhouse film. RZA will make his directorial debut here, and this film should feature an excellent soundtrack. Eli Roth and Quentin Tarantino are producers for this one, so you will see some sick and twisted shit throughout this film. The Man With Iron Fists should be a gory and violent adventure, the casts looks great (I LOVE Lucy Liu), and I can't wait for this one. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3D release for this film, but I will avoid the 3D version at all costs, if they decide to go that route.

Silver Linings Playbook

Release Date: November 21, 2012

[YOUTUBE]hZuoRniCdtE[/YOUTUBE]​

A man (Bradley Cooper) is ordered to live with his mother after being treated for depression in this comedy from David O. Russell. Jennifer Lawrence plays the love interest, with Robert De Niro and Chris Tucker filling out the rest of the starring cast.

Wow. Chris Tucker has part in a non-Rush Hour film...this is truly shocking.

Jennifer Lawrence continues to rise as Hollywood's "it girl." She has the talent, but Bradley Cooper doesn't excite me as the lead man. Cooper can be painfully boring and dull outside The Hangover and other non-comedy roles, and I just don't trust him as the lead man. Silver Linings Playbook looks like your standard feel-good holiday drama, and I think I'll wait for the DVD release. This trailer doesn't look awful, but nothing grabs my attention. Silver Linings Playbook fits the profile of a watch-at-home movie, because this film isn't worth a trip to theaters.

V/H/S

Release Date: September 12, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]Vw2CQxnB79I[/YOUTUBE]​

When a group of petty criminals is hired by a mysterious party to retrieve a rare piece of found footage from a rundown house in the middle of nowhere, they soon realize that the job isn't going to be as easy as they thought. In the living room, a lifeless body holds court before a hub of old television sets, surrounded by stacks upon stacks of VHS tapes. As they search for the right one, they are treated to a seemingly endless number of horrifying videos, each stranger than the last.

Incredible.

I'm not a big fan of the found-footage horror genre, but V/H/S looks fantastic so far. This trailer is genuinely creepy and shocking, and the gore could reach extreme gross-out levels. V/H/S will deliver an anthology style of storytelling, and the found-footage style of filmmaking should provide a strong sense of realism. I'm looking forward to this one, and V/H/S is an easy pick for my must-see list this year.

Jack Reacher

Release Date: December 21, 2012

[YOUTUBE]8v9mtaMotF4[/YOUTUBE]​

The Usual Suspects' Christopher McQuarrie brings Lee Child's Jack Reacher character to the big screen with this Paramount Pictures production starring Tom Cruise as the lone-wolf investigator on the hunt for a murderous sniper.

I'm not too familiar with the source material for this film, but hardcore Jack Reacher fans aren't happy with Tom Cruise here. Apparently, the Jack Reacher character is a big, strong guy, and Reacher fans won't accept Tom Cruise as the lead man here.

Anyway, Tom Cruise landed a spot on my good side again after Ghost Protocol, so I will give Jack Reacher a chance. Jack Reacher could be an entertaining mystery/suspense drama, and this trailer looks pretty good. I won't have high expectations for this one, but Jack Reacher should be an entertaining popcorn flick.

Why Stop Now?

Release Date: August 17, 2012(Limited)

[YOUTUBE]JM9tSFNrZ30[/YOUTUBE]​

WHY STOP NOW brings together the comic talents of Academy Award-nominee Jesse Eisenberg, Academy Award-winner Melissa Leo and Tracy Morgan in the summer's wildest comedy. Eli is a piano prodigy. Today is the audition that will determine his future-- will he launch a career and take off into the world? Or will he stay stuck, caring for his sister and mother who, despite her cheerful, loving disposition, is a drug addict. The only obstacle to a seamless transition into his future is dropping off Mom off at the center where she will enter rehab, but a glitch in the system forces sends them off to enlist the help of an unlikely ally, her drug dealer Sprinkles. The day spirals downhill quickly, and the hapless team must collaborate every step of the way to battle their own demons and get Eli out of the rabbit hole.

Tracy Morgan usually annoys me, but Jesse Eisenberg and Melissa Leo are apart of the cast, so I don't have any real complaints. Why Stop Now could be an enjoyable comedy, that features a heartfelt story, and I will take a chance on this.

Just in case you missed it, here's another trailer for The Tall Man, and a new trailer for Total Recall:

[YOUTUBE]_a3B5qXlXtU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]nvPR62fP8hk[/YOUTUBE]​

Oz The Great & Powerful

Release Date: March 8, 2013

[YOUTUBE]YhLaBpvS7os[/YOUTUBE]​

When Oscar Diggs (James Franco), a small-time circus magician with dubious ethics, is hurled away from dusty Kansas to the vibrant Land of Oz, he thinks he's hit the jackpot-fame and fortune are his for the taking-that is until he meets three witches, Theodora (Mila Kunis), Evanora (Rachel Weisz) and Glinda (Michelle Williams), who are not convinced he is the great wizard everyone's been expecting. Reluctantly drawn into the epic problems facing the Land of Oz and its inhabitants, Oscar must find out who is good and who is evil before it is too late. Putting his magical arts to use through illusion, ingenuity-and even a bit of wizardry-Oscar transforms himself not only into the great and powerful Wizard of Oz but into a better man as well.

The Wizard Of Oz (1939) is a true masterpiece and a timeless classic; Easily the best Oz film ever. Sam Raimi is the PERFECT choice for the director here, and his eccentric style could do wonders for this film. James Franco is lead man, and he'll have his hands full with a big time starring role here. Franco saw his fair share of spotlight with the Spider-Man films, but Tobey Maguire was the true star of that franchise.

The cast is pretty solid here, and so far, Oz The Great & Powerful looks amazing. It's a bit early, but I'm looking forward to this one in 2013, and I do have high hopes for this film.

The Helpers

[YOUTUBE]VaPmRlkodhU[/YOUTUBE]​

Seven friends, three couples (Claire, Todd, Jordan, Brandy, Ryan, and Anna) and their tag-along buddy Phil from Sacramento, California, all decide to go on a trip to Las Vegas. Phil decides to document their entire trip because his girlfriend Julia wasn't able to make it. All seems fun until they hit a detour/road block. A couple hours of lost driving later, both of the back tires on the truck are blown out! After some moments of confusion and arguing, the gang comes up with the plan that all the girls will stay inside the truck while all the guys walk down the road to find Help. A few miles down the deserted road, the guys stumble upon a gas station/diner/motel, which conveniently has a tire shop attached.

:disappointed:

ALL the girls stay inside the truck? Seriously?

Of course, I haven't seen The Helpers yet, but this plot synopsis is giving me some warning signs for stupid characters.

Anyway, The Helpers could be okay , but this trailer is pretty bad. The Helpers looks like this weird mix of Vacancy and The Strangers (Although, unlike the majority of critics and moviegoers, I actually enjoy both films), and the story sounds VERY generic. This will probably be your typical mainstream horror film, filled with predictable clichés and idiotic characters. I might wait for the DVD here, or I could give it a try in theaters. After all, September is usually a dead zone for mainstream theatrical releases, so The Helpers could be a decent enough "there's nothing else to watch" choice.

Bad Kids Go To Hell

[YOUTUBE]0lpX7cB_hmY[/YOUTUBE]​

Six private school high school kids find themselves stuck in detention on a frightfully dark and stormy Saturday afternoon. During their 8 hour incarceration, each of the six kids falls victim to a horrible "accident" until only one of them remains. And as each of these spoiled rich kids bites the dust, the story takes on a series of humorous and frantic twists and turns. Is one of the kids secretly evening the school's social playing field? Or have the ghosts of prestigious Crestview Academy finally come to punish the school's worst (and seemingly untouchable) brats? One thing is for sure...Daddy's money can't save them now.

Bad Kids Go To Hell doesn't have an official release date yet, but when the date is announced, I will post it.

Bad Kids Go To Hell looks like a dark and twisted version of The Breakfast Club, and the premise is intriguing. This film could be a complete mind fuck with a jaw-dropping twist, or Bad Kids Go To Hell could be one major disappointment, that features a convoluted and confusing story. Either way, I want to take a chance on this. This trailer has done enough to convince me, and Bad Kids Go To Hell could be one of the more memorable comedy/suspense films.

The Day

Release Date: August 29, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]DDXzVgMihvs[/YOUTUBE]​

A group of five survivors, armed with shotguns, axes and machetes, wander the back roads of a ravaged landscape looking for refuge in The Day, a terrifying look into a post-apocalyptic future. As war ravages humanity, destroying civilization and most of life on earth, the survivors realize they must do whatever it takes to stay alive. Lost, starving, and exhausted, they seek shelter in a seemingly safe abandoned farmhouse. However, while searching for food and resources, they unwittingly set off a trap signaling to their ruthless predators lying in wait to begin their deadly attack. With food and ammunition dwindling, the group must make a desperate final stand-over a 24 hour period-battling for their ultimate survival.

Eh, kind of hard to have faith in a WWE production. They produce a lot shitty films, so my expectation levels for this one won't be too high.

I really like the gritty and bleak atmosphere here, and the cinematography looks amazing. The Day could be an entertaining post-apocalyptic horror film, that features brutal violence and gruesome gore. I won't take a chance on this in theaters, but waiting for the DVD release shouldn't kill me, because WWE films don't last long in theaters.

One In The Chamber

Release Date: August 21, 2012 (Straight-To-Video)

[YOUTUBE]CYkNFZh2seI[/YOUTUBE]​

In Prague, two skilled assassins make themselves available for hire to the Mafia. However, when one assassin, Carver (Gooding) takes a job with a gang he was once hired to eliminate, it launches into an all-out mob war where survival is about as certain as the number of bullets left in the clip. To make things worse, another assassin (Lundgren) has been hired to take out Carver and the result will make the streets run red. As Carver battles with his inner demons as well as his very real enemies, ONE IN THE CHAMBER doesn't let up until the very last man goes down.

Meh. One In The Chamber's generic story doesn't excite me all, and Cuba Gooding, Jr. continues to star in awful films. Dolph Lundgren can still cling to some Rocky 4 fame. Ivan Drago was the unstoppable force, who gave Rocky a tough challenge, but Lundgren isn't a true action star at all, and a role in The Expendables couldn't save his disappointing career.

If I can catch One In The Chamber on TV somehwere down the line, then I might give it a try, but this one isn't worth a trip to the RedBox or any other kiosk.

The Man With Iron Fists will be released on November 2, 2012.

Here's another trailer for V/H/S, and a new trailer for Gangster Squad:

[YOUTUBE]ABxdtfBEzY0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]WFAtsilMuVI[/YOUTUBE]​

Paranormal Activity 4

Release Date: October 19, 2012

[YOUTUBE]g4yp2t7Doac[/YOUTUBE]​

The film takes place five years after Paranormal Activity and Paranormal Activity 2, and revolves around Alice, a teenage girl who witnesses and subsequently films the strange actions of her mysterious neighbors.

A while ago I posted my thoughts on Paranormal Activity 3 in this same thread. I was hoping for something different in that film, but as far as the story goes, Paranormal Activity 3 just delivered the same old run around bullshit I saw in the first two films. I hardly learned anything new, and after watching this trailer a few times, Paranormal Activity 4 will probably go down the same road.

But hey, Paranormal Activity continues to gain a nice sized fan base, and people will flock to theaters to watch these films. Like it or not, Paranormal Activity IS the most popular modern day horror franchise. They'll stick to the same money-making formula, because the found-footage style sells tickets; it's that simple.

As usual, I'll have low expectation levels for the next Paranormal film. Hopefully, the story will FINALLY go somehwere. Story wise, they just keep feeding the audience the same old recycled material over and over again; it's time for something new.

Killing Them Softly

[YOUTUBE]7T201meYjWg[/YOUTUBE]​

A robbery committed against the Mob is investigated by a hitman's boss in this caper from director Andrew Dominik (The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford). Brad Pitt and Sam Rockwell star in the Plan B/Chockstone Pictures production.

So Ray Liotta is taking a shot at a comeback in another crime drama....interesting.

The cast is PERFECT, and Killing Them Softly could be THE #1 crime drama in 2012. I have some big hopes for this one, and Killing Them Softly is a high pick for my must-see list.

Oh, and I can see shades of Tony Soprano in James Gandolfini here. Sorry, but Gandolfini will never escape Tony's shadow, because he is Tony Soprano.

Cloud Atlas

[YOUTUBE]hWnAqFyaQ5s[/YOUTUBE]​

"an epic story of humankind in which the actions and consequences of our lives impact one another throughout the past, present and future as one soul is shaped from a murderer into a savior and a single act of kindness ripples out for centuries to inspire a revolution."

Tom Hanks and Halle Berry bring some instant star power to this film, as former Oscar winners, and Cloud Atlas could be a unique epic/adventure film. Never read the book, but the this fantastic trailer has done enough to convince me!

Life Of Pi

Release Date: December 14, 2012

[YOUTUBE]mZEZ35Fhvuc[/YOUTUBE]​

Yann Martel's ponderous adventure novel gets the big-screen treatment with this Fox 2000 adaptation helmed by director Ang Lee. The coming-of-age story surrounds the son of a zookeeper who survives a shipwreck by stowing away on a lifeboat with a zebra, an orangutan, a hyena, and a Bengal tiger by the name of Richard Parker. Suraj Sharma heads up the cast as the young boy, with Gérard Depardieu, Adil Hussain, Irrfan Khan, Tobey Maguire, and Bollywood actress Tabu also starring.

Again, I've never read the book, but this trailer is amazing. I'll try to avoid the 3D for this one (it just feels so unnecessary), but Life Of Pi could be one the more unique adventure films in 2012, and a viewing on the big screen could provide a great experience.

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower

Release Date: September 14, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]QjplcD0dz_g[/YOUTUBE]​

A funny and touching coming-of-age story based on the beloved best-selling novel by Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a modern classic that captures the dizzying highs and crushing lows of growing up. Starring Logan Lerman, Emma Watson and Ezra Miller, The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a moving tale of love, loss, fear and hope-and the unforgettable friends that help us through life.

Jeez, ANOTHER novel based movie.....

Of course, I haven't read the book for this one, but The Perks Of Being A Wallflower could be okay. Although, when I look at this trailer, I just see another pretentious and sappy teen drama. I could be wrong, but The Perks Of Being A Wallflower doesn't excite me. I don't have any high expectations for this film, but I might give this one a try somehwere down the line, because I am a fan of Paul Rudd's work.

Just in case you missed it, here's another trailer for Jack Reacher and a new trailer for Taken 2:

[YOUTUBE]kK7y8Ou0VvM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]sb1oN8WJAh8[/YOUTUBE]​

The Great Gatsby was supposed to hit theaters this Christmas, but the release date was pushed back until summer 2013. Great, now Leo must rely on Django Unchained for an Oscar win, and he won't have that second option anymore. :suspic:

And most of you probably know this already, but Gangster Squad's release date was bumped to January 11, 2013, because the original cut for Gangster Squad featured a scene that showcased a shootout at a Grauman's Chinese Theatre.

New trailers.....

Silent Hill: Revelation 3D

[YOUTUBE]KMWrZmD0AN4[/YOUTUBE]​

In Silent Hill: Revelation 3D, Heather Mason (Clemens) and her father (Bean) have been on the run, always one step ahead of dangerous forces that she doesn't fully understand. On the eve of her 18th birthday, plagued by horrific nightmares and the disappearance of her father, Heather discovers she's not who she thinks she is. The revelation leads her deeper into a demonic world that threatens to trap her forever.

Well, this trailer is impressive, but I'm not sold on Silent Hill: Revelation just yet. For the most part, the 2006 original bored me to death. A few spooky moments, and a haunting atmosphere didn't do anything for me, and Silent Hill was a mediocre film at best.

Revelation could be better, and this could be the perfect Halloween season film. I might give this one a try, but I will avoid the 3D.

Zero Dark Thirty

Release Date: December 19, 2012

[YOUTUBE]vcBjOVKKxh0[/YOUTUBE]​

The Navy SEAL Team 6 tracks down wanted terrorist Osama bin Laden.

Zero Dark Thirty's subject matter will cause some controversy. After watching this trailer, some people might see the potential for a sold military thriller. Others will see a Bin Landen conspiracy film, and a shameful attempt to earn some quick cash at the box office.

But Zero Dark Thirty's premise is intriguing, and Jessica Chastain and Mark Strong are apart of the cast, so I will take a chance on this one.

This Is 40

Release Date: December 21, 2012

[YOUTUBE]i9Vt9sP8OY8[/YOUTUBE]​

Writer/director/producer Judd Apatow (The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Funny People) brings audiences This Is 40, an original comedy that expands upon the story of Pete (Paul Rudd) and Debbie (Leslie Mann) from the blockbuster hit Knocked Up as we see first-hand how they are dealing with their current state of life.

This Is 40 will be your typical Judd Apatow film, but I like the cast here (minus Megan Fox), and This Is 40 could be an entertaining mid-life crisis comedy. Yeah, this film will be very predictable, but This Is 40 should provide a few good laughs along the way.

Robot & Frank

Release Date: August 17, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]q4y8YAMPFhk[/YOUTUBE]​

Set in the near future, Frank, a retired cat burglar, has two grown kids who are concerned he can no longer live alone. They are tempted to place him in a nursing home until Frank's son chooses a different option: against the old man's wishes, he buys Frank a walking, talking humanoid robot programmed to improve his physical and mental health. What follows is an often hilarious and somewhat heartbreaking story about finding friends and family in the most unexpected places.

Robot & Frank could be an enjoyable science fiction comedy. The premise is kind of strange, but Robot & Frank could feature the touching story of an old, lonely man, who forms a friendly bond with his robot. Frank Langella looks great in this trailer, but I might wait for Robot & Frank's DVD release.

New trailer for The Master:

[YOUTUBE]pALMMIoxTzY[/YOUTUBE]​

The Last Stand

Release Date: January 18, 2013

[YOUTUBE]LTB-gbC4gkY[/YOUTUBE]​

Sheriff Owens is a man who has resigned himself to a life of fighting what little crime takes place in sleepy border town Sommerton Junction after leaving his LAPD post following a bungled operation that left him wracked with failure and defeat after his partner was crippled. After a spectacular escape from an FBI prisoner convoy, the most notorious, wanted drug kingpin in the hemisphere is hurtling toward the border at 200 mph in a specially outfitted car with a hostage and a fierce army of gang members. He is headed, it turns out, straight for Summerton Junction, where the whole of U.S. law enforcement will have their last opportunity to make a stand and intercept him before he slips across the border forever. At first reluctant to become involved, and then counted out because of the perceived ineptitude of his small town force, Owens ultimately accepts responsibility for the face off.

Finally!

Arnold is back in his first starring action role since Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines. The old Sheriff, who was something to prove storyline should be a nice fit for Arnold. After all, he's getting up there in a age, so "the unstoppable ass-kicking machine" stuff is probably behind him. I enjoy this trailer, but Johnny Knoxville's presence does worry me a little bit. He looks out of place here, and I'll always see the Jackass guy, when I look at Knoxville.

Anyway, The Last Stand could be a fun action flick. Arnold is returning to the genre that made him famous, and the cheesy one-liners in this trailer sound great. I'm going to watch this on opening day, and waiting until January is going to kill me!

Deadfall

Release Date: December 7, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]WUQ1D1na2ko[/YOUTUBE]​

Siblings Addison (Eric Bana) and Liza (Olivia Wilde) are on the run from a casino heist gone wrong. When a car accident leaves their wheel man and a state trooper dead, they split up and make a run for the Canadian border in the worst of circumstances - a near whiteout blizzard. While Addison heads cross-country, creating mayhem in his wake, Liza is picked up by ex-boxer Jay (Charlie Hunnam), en-route for a Thanksgiving homecoming with his parents, June (Sissy Spacek) and retired sheriff Chet (Kris Kristofferson). It's there the siblings are reunited in a terse and thrilling showdown that pushes the bonds of family to the limit.

Meh. This trailer reeks of straight-to-video material, but Deadfall could be a decent enough suspense drama. Overall, the cast looks decent enough. Olivia Wilde doesn't do anything for me, but Bana, Kristofferson, and Kate Mara should give everyone something to look forward to in the acting department. I might give Deadfall a try in the future, but as of right not now, I'm not so sure.

Red Dawn

Release Date: November 21, 2012

[YOUTUBE]UoqlBHSePw0[/YOUTUBE]​

A group of high-school teenagers are put on the front lines when their country is invaded by hostile forces in this remake of John Milius' 1984 war adventure. Second unit director Dan Bradley (The Bourne Ultimatum, Spider-Man 3) makes his directorial debut with this MGM film, scripted by Red Eye's Carl Ellsworth. Josh Hutcherson, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Isabel Lucas, Connor Cruise, and Edwin Hodge topline the cast.

I'm not sure if I can buy Chris Hemsworth as an action star just yet, but Red Dawn could be a fun popcorn flick. I haven't seen the original, but Red Dawn 2012 could be your typical Hollywood action blockbuster, filled with predictable clichés. The plot is ridiculous, but Red Dawn could be an enjoyable action movie.

Seven Psychopaths

Release Date: October 12, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]OOsd5d8IVoA[/YOUTUBE]​

Marty (Farrell) is a struggling writer who dreams of finishing his screenplay, "Seven Psychopaths". Billy (Rockwell) is Marty's best friend, an unemployed actor and part time dog thief, who wants to help Marty by any means necessary. All he needs is a little focus and inspiration. Hans (Walken) is Billy's partner in crime. A religious man with a violent past. Charlie (Harrelson) is the psychopathetic gangster whose beloved dog, Billy and Hans have just stolen. Charlie's unpredictable, extremely violent and wouldn't think twice about killing anyone or anything associated with the theft. Marty is going to get all the focus and inspiration he needs, just as long as he lives to tell the tale.

This cast looks great, and Seven Psychopaths could be a hilarious black comedy. The story is kind of strange, but I want to take a chance on this, because Seven Psychopaths should provide a good amount of laughs.

New trailer for Branded:

[YOUTUBE]AAV_c6OsQnc[/YOUTUBE]​

The Prototype

[YOUTUBE]j1p0_R8ZLB0[/YOUTUBE]​

The film is about a military robot that escapes from an Federal Bureau of Investigation evidence storage facility.

As of right now, The Prototype doesn't have an official release date, but this film should hit theaters in 2013.

The Prototype could be an enjoyable science fiction film, but Neal McDonough is apart of this cast. McDonough is a terrible actor, and he is the same guy, who portrayed the primary antagonist in 88 Minutes and the Street Fighter sequel (both films were horrendous, especially 88 Minutes). I like the premise, but McDonough's presence scares me.

Stolen

[YOUTUBE]rpMxOjUjweA[/YOUTUBE]​

Director Simon West and Nicolas Cage re-team for the first time since CON AIR for STOLEN, a fast paced action thriller set during Mardi Gras in New Orleans. WILL MONTGOMERY (Nicolas Cage) is a master thief who after being double-crossed in a heist gone awry is sent to prison for 8 years. Upon his release he's ready to leave his criminal past behind and try to rebuild a relationship with his estranged daughter ALLISON. The FBI and his old cohorts believe that he hid the loot from the last heist 8 years ago, $10 Million in Bonds. To get his hands on it, his old partner VINCENT kidnaps Allison and demands the entire $ 10 Million as ransom. Keeping her in the soundproofed trunk of a Taxi Cab, he's able to stay mobile amongst the throngs of taxis out during Mardi Gras day making it nearly impossible to find. Montgomery only has one day to get the $10 Million ransom but much to the disbelief of the FBI on his trail and Vincent, Will doesn't actually have it. Instead, he must trust his instincts and his old partner in crime, the beautiful, sexy and smart RILEY, to do one more, clever heist to get his daughter back alive before it's too late.

You'll always take a risk with any Nicolas Cage film, but Stolen could be a decent enough thriller. I won't have high hopes for this, but Cage is more than capable of carrying this film as the lead man. This trailer feels ordinary, but I will give Stolen a try on DVD.

Bullet To The Head

Release Date: February 1, 2013

[YOUTUBE]RDiaXZiIJOQ[/YOUTUBE]​

Based on a graphic novel, Bullet to the Head tells the story of a New Orleans hitman (Stallone) and a DC cop (Kang) who form an alliance to bring down the killers of their respective partners.

Stallone surrounds himself with action superstars in The Expendables films, but Sly will have to carry the load by himself here. Besides Stallone, this film really doesn't feature any recognizable action guys. Bullet To The Head could be an okay action flick, but the "I have one more job to do before I get out of the life" storyline is so predictable. I'll give this one a try, but my expectation levels are pretty low.

Alex Cross

[YOUTUBE]wXtRKrcPwKE[/YOUTUBE]​

Alex Cross follows the young homicide detective/psychologist (Tyler Perry), from the worldwide best-selling novels by James Patterson, as he meets his match in a serial killer (Matthew Fox). The two face off in a high-stakes game of cat and mouse, but when the mission gets personal, Cross is pushed to the edge of his moral and psychological limits in this taut and exciting action thriller.

I'm sorry, but I just can't buy Tyler Perry as an action guy. This is the same man, who is known for dressing up like a woman. He could prove us all wrong here, but I'll always see Madea, when I look at Perry.

Alex Cross looks like some random and generic suspense/thriller, and the story doesn't do anything for me. I don't care for Matthew Fox as the main antagonist, and Alex Cross could be one of the worst films in 2012. But Tyler Perry has a nice sized fanbase, so Alex Cross won't join the list of box office bombs this year.

I don't see much of a difference, but here's the new red band trailer for The Man With The Iron Fists:

[YOUTUBE]4VRLA17l4CI[/YOUTUBE]​

Butter

Release Date: October 5, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]Chf0ze80F3w[/YOUTUBE]​

Butter follows an ambitious woman (Jennifer Garner) who is married to Iowa's reigning butter sculpting champ (Ty Burrell) but decides to enter the race on her own when he retires. She's the shoo-in until an adopted young black girl (Yara Shahidi) discovers she has an uncanny talent for butter-carving and becomes a late-breaking favorite.

.....I can't believe it. Olivia Wilde is the highlight of this trailer. Usually, Wilde never rises above the status of eye candy, but she could provide the best performance, as the outrageous stripper. Jennifer Garner is the perfect choice for the perky, stuck-up wife, and Rob Corddry will provide plenty of laughs. Hugh Jackman just seems out of place (sorry, but I can't stop thinking about Wolverine), but Butter should be a fun comedy. I really like the premise, and I'm going to take a chance on this.

Passion

[YOUTUBE]Vvv3Sa2MkeU&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]​

A loose remake of Alain Corneau’s 2010 French film “Love Crime,” which starred Ludivine Sagnier and Kristin Scott-Thomas, the film centers around two women: Christine (McAdams) an elegant, ice-cool blonde career woman who holds a senior position with a high-powered advertising agency; and her assistant Isabel (Rapace), a shy and reticent brunette who harbours a growing ambition.

Passion doesn't have an official release date yet, but this film is expected to have a limited theatrical run in 2013, and Passion will be available on VOD.

Passion could be a creepy and dark erotic thriller, and I am looking forward to this one. The pairing of Rachel McAdams and Noomi Rapace should provide great results on the acting side of things, and Brian De Palma is the director and writer for this one. Passion could be one of those sleeper hits in 2013, and I do have high hopes for this film.

10 Years

[YOUTUBE]-k5y4bLU5X4[/YOUTUBE]​

In this ensemble comedy, 10 Years follows a group of friends on the night of their high school reunion who, a decade later, still haven't quite grown up. Channing Tatum plays Jake, who is deeply in love with his girlfriend (Jenna Dewan-Tatum) and ready to propose-until he runs into his high school flame (Rosario Dawson) for the first time in years. Jake's friend Cully (Chris Pratt) married his cheerleader girlfriend (Ari Graynor), and has been looking forward to the reunion so he can finally apologize to all the classmates he bullied in high school. However, after a few too many drinks, the jock-turned-family man ends up reverting back to his old ways instead. Meanwhile, longtime rivals Marty (Justin Long) and A.J (Max Minghella) spend the night picking up right where they left off, vying to impress the hottest girl in class (Lynn Collins). The famous one of the group, Reeves (Oscar Isaac) is now a rock star, but is still too shy to talk to his high school crush (Kate Mara.)

10 Years will be a mediocre and sappy high school reunion drama. The cast is okay at best, but the story really doesn't do anything for me. I'll probably skip this one, because 10 Years fits the profile of your typical Lifetime drama.

For Ellen

Release Date: September 5, 2012

[YOUTUBE]UZdUkvXgyBo[/YOUTUBE]​

Aspiring rock star Joby Taylor (Paul Dano) has wanted nothing more than to "make it", having flirted with fame but never crossed over into true success. In the midst of a low period in his life, he agrees to sign divorce papers with his estranged wife (Margarita Levieva) in order to see money from the sale of their home, only to discover that by signing the papers, he will forfeit all custody of his six-year-old daughter, Ellen (Shaylena Mandigo). With a good-natured lawyer (Jon Heder) unable to make headway in reversing the decision, and a girlfriend (Jena Malone) that represents an era of his life that he might be ready to graduate from, Joby negotiates a visit with his daughter to explore whether he is able to walk away from his child, and whether it might be too late for reconciliation.

I'm a fan of Paul Dano, but he's more entertaining as a bad guy, especially when he portrays a sniveling weasel type of character (Cowboys & Aliens, There Will Be Blood). For Ellen could be a decent enough drama, that features a touching story, and I might give this one a try somewhere down the line.

The Revenant

Release Date: August 24, 2012 (Limited)/DVD Release Date: September 18, 2012

[YOUTUBE]KJn4urr8a4k[/YOUTUBE]​

In Los Angeles, a fallen soldier who has joined the ranks of the living dead reunites with his best friend in order to deal with the city's drug dealers and killers - a perfect way to collect the blood that one of them so desperately needs.

The Revenant will be an over the top horror comedy, and this film will feature a lot of bloody and gruesome violence. The premise provides a refreshing take on zombie flicks, but I'll have to wait for the DVD release here.

Hold Your Breath

[YOUTUBE]ZiBZWC-SwOw[/YOUTUBE]​

There is an old wives' tale that you should hold your breath when passing by a cemetery lest an evil spirit rejected by both heaven and hell gets inside of you when you inhale. Someone in a carload of college kids on holiday doesn't hold his/her breath when driving by a graveyard, allowing the spirit of a recently executed serial killer to get inside him/her to begin a spree of body-jumping carnage.

You know something, I read this synopsis before watching the trailer, and this was the first thought that crossed my mind: "only The Asylum could produce something so stupid and ridiculous." And of course, as I scrolled down the page, The Asylum's name popped up under the production company credits section.

I've already ranted about The Asylum in other threads, but Hold Your Breath looks horrendous. Is this suppose to be a slasher film? Or are they trying to make a horror comedy? This trailer doesn't answer any of those questions, and I'm surprised to see Katrina Bowden here. Yeah, she always plays the role of a clueless hot blonde, but Bowden usually chooses better films.

Hold Your Breath is below Bowden's standards, and that's saying something. This film should premiere on the Chiller channel sometime next year, and I'll probably watch it then, but only for the sole purpose of mocking this awful pile of trash.

Trouble With The Curve

[YOUTUBE]UdJPvXLemVs[/YOUTUBE]​

Gus Lobel (Clint Eastwood) has been one of the best scouts in baseball for decades, but, despite his efforts to hide it, age is starting to catch up with him. Nevertheless, Gus-who can tell a pitch just by the crack of the bat-refuses to be benched for what may be the final innings of his career. He may not have a choice. The front office of the Atlanta Braves is starting to question his judgment, especially with the country's hottest batting phenom on deck for the draft. The one person who might be able to help is also the one person Gus would never ask: his daughter, Mickey (Amy Adams), an associate at a high-powered Atlanta law firm whose drive and ambition has put her on the fast track to becoming partner. Against her better judgment, and over Gus's objections, Mickey joins him on his latest scouting trip to North Carolina, jeopardizing her own career to save his.

Clint Eastwood is the perfect choice for the stubborn tough guy, who refuses to accept old age. Justin Timberlake worries me, but I like the additions of Amy Adams and John Goodman. Trouble With The Curve will probably put more focus on the drama side of the story, and I really don't expect a true sports movie.

Anna Karenina

Release Date: November 16, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]rPGLRO3fZnQ[/YOUTUBE]​

The third collaboration of Academy Award nominee Keira Knightley with acclaimed director Joe Wright, following the award-winning box office successes Pride & Prejudice and Atonement, is a bold, theatrical new vision of the epic story of love, adapted from Leo Tolstoy's timeless novel by Academy Award winner Tom Stoppard. The story powerfully explores the capacity for love that surges through the human heart. As Anna (Ms. Knightley) questions her happiness and marriage, change comes to all around her.

Eh, I really don't know what to think about this. On one hand, Anna Karenina could be an outstanding romance drama, but I've seen Keira Knightley portray this same type of character in other identical romance drama films. It can feel tiresome at times, but Anna Karenina could have an impact on the Oscars, and Knightley could earn another nomination for Best Actress.

The Paperboy

[YOUTUBE]m2GMwWaDSr0[/YOUTUBE]​

A man (John Cusack) convicted of killing a seedy sheriff is given a new life when a female pen pal (Nicole Kidman) enlists the aid of two journalists to try and get him off death row. Precious' Lee Daniels adapts Pete Dexter's novel.

Zac Efron is the only question mark here, but the rest of the cast is pretty solid. The Paperboy could be a decent enough drama, but this trailer is very underwhelming, and Efron will have to try and carry this film as the lead man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back