Coming Attractions Thread

Rampart

Release Date: January 27, 2012

[YOUTUBE]vpte72HaLRE[/YOUTUBE]​

Set in early 1990s Los Angeles, veteran police officer Dave Brown, the last of the renegade cops, works to take care of his family, and struggles for his own survival.

I don't have a problem with Woody Harrelson, but Rampart just looks like another mediocre and bland drama about a dirty cop. The story of the dirty cop has been done to death over the years, and Rampart probably won't raise the bar for these type of films in any way, because this trailer looks average at best. The cast looks solid enough, but I don't have any real interest in this film, and Rampart should land on a long list of forgettable films next year.

War Horse

Release Date: December 25, 2011

[YOUTUBE]B7lf9HgFAwQ&feature=pyv&ad=8811006517&kw=war horse trailer 2011[/YOUTUBE]​

In Devon at the outbreak of World War I, Joey, young Albert Narracott's beloved horse, is sold to the cavalry and shipped to France. He serves in the British and German armies, which takes him on an extraordinary odyssey, serving on both sides before being alone in no man's land.

I honestly don't know what to expect from this film. War Hose could be an emotional and gripping drama, and Spielberg is the director for this one, so that's always a plus. But I just can't get over the stuff with the horse here. Sitting down for over an hour, and watching a film that's centered around a horse just doesn't do anything for me. Yeah, I know I sound very narrow-minded here, but I don't have any high hopes for War Horse as of right now.

Still, War Horse could be an enjoyable film, this type of film could draw some nice crowds on Christmas day, and this could be one of the more heartwarming films this holiday season.

The Cabin In The Woods

Release Date: April 13, 2012

[YOUTUBE]_Itzujv4JwU[/YOUTUBE]​

Five friends go to a remote cabin in the woods. Bad things happen.

I'm starting to lose all hope for American horror films. Insidious was a nice surprise, and Scream 4 was superb, but the Paranormal Activity franchise is as overrated as overrated can be, and the Saw franchise went into the shitter after the third film. Yeah, the Saw film series did perform well at the box office, and this was a profitable franchise, but the quality of the films continued to sink, as the series progressed. We'll definitely see more remakes and reboots of Halloween, Friday The 13th, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre in the future, but the constant rehashes of these horror legends can feel tiresome at times. As much as I hate to admit it, Paranormal Activity does have a good amount of must-see value, but other modern day horror franchises can't make this claim. The straight-to-video release for Hostel III looks horrible, and besides Paranormal Activity, nothing else can provide any excitement as of right now. I hope the Insidious sequel will bring something new to the table, because this film does have some promise as a potential franchise, and this film should be able to build off the success of the original.

Anyway, The Cabin In The Woods could be okay, but I just see another shitty and forgettable straight-to-video horror film, when I look at this trailer. A bunch of young travelers wonder into the woods, they find a cabin, and they have to fight off attacks from multiple unknown forces??? This story doesn't sound enticing at all, and I'll probably wait for the DVD release for this one. Also, I'm kind of surprised to see Chris Hemsworth (Thor) here. Hemsworth obviously doesn't want to suffer any typecast problems, and he wants to break the mold of the action star early on, but still, his presence in this trailer does seem kind of odd and out of place.

The Iron Lady

Release Date: January 13, 2012

[YOUTUBE]t20WIDQcbXE&feature=watch_response[/YOUTUBE]​

A look at the life of Margaret Thatcher, the former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, with a focus on the price she paid for power.

Meryl Streep is a great actress, and her presence will draw me to this film. The Iron Lady will miss the boat for the upcoming Academy Awards, but I'm sure Streep will receive plenty of praise for her performance regardless. The Iron Lady could be one of the more memorable films in 2012, and I am looking forward to this.

The Three Stooges

Release Date: April 13 ,2012

[YOUTUBE]Z4IoUo_ZJkY[/YOUTUBE]​

While trying to save their childhood orphanage, Moe, Larry, and Curly inadvertently stumble into a murder plot and wind up starring in a reality TV show.

First of all, Will Sasso will always have a place on my list of favorites, because I loved him on Madtv, and he was hilarious as Chet Walters in Beverly Hills Ninja.

I've been waiting for this trailer for a while, and I actually like what I see here. The Three Stooges have a rich history as one of the most famous comedy acts of all time, so this film should generate a good amount of buzz next year. The appearances from Snooki and Jwoww didn't do anything for me (I still can't understand the popularity of Jersey Shore), but The Three Stooges should be an enjoyable comedy. It looks like they're going to stay true to the spirit of the characters from the TV show here, that's always a good thing, and I am really looking forward to this.

The Five-Year Engagement

Release Date: April 27, 2012

[YOUTUBE]IoRF_Bzuwtk&noredirect=1[/YOUTUBE]​

A comedy that charts the ups and downs of an engaged couple's relationship.

Usually, romantic comedies don't do anything for me, but Jason Segel has grown on me over the past couple of years, and Emily Blunt can always have one of the most charming on-screen personas in Hollywood. The story for this film really doesn't do anything for me, but The Five-Year Engagement could provide some laughs, and this should be an enjoyable film. I don't have high hopes for this, but I will take a chance on this film.

And here's the latest trailer for The Darkest Hour:

[YOUTUBE]wR9_oRx8h-Q&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

Men In Black III

Release Date: May 25, 2012

[YOUTUBE]WjiOsRfVUVU[/YOUTUBE]​

Agent J and Agent K are reunited in a time-travel tale.

Men In Black II really didn't do anything for me. It wasn't a horrible film, but I couldn't stand the story. Will Smith's character was supposed to be "the man" in this film, because during the final moments of MIB, the torch was passed to his character. But when it comes to the status of the odd couple relationship, they just go through the same routine all over again, and for me, this film does take a huge dive, when Agent K regains his memory.

MIB III will be a huge box office hit next year. This film will make a ton of money in 2012, MIB III will be a very popular film, and people will flock to see this. When it comes to mega box office smashes, MIB III probably won't measure up to The Dark Knight or The Avengers, but this film will receive a good amount of spotlight in 2012. The time traveling stuff does sound intriguing, and MIB III should be an entertaining film.

Battleship

Release Date: May 18, 2012

[YOUTUBE]YatZXieJsL4&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]​

In the Hawaiian Islands, an international naval fleet at Pearl Harbor engage in a very dynamic and intense battle against an alien race known as "The Regents". The aliens come to planet Earth, on a mission to build a power source in the ocean. Upon their visit, they come in contact with the navy fleet. The film is also purported to show both sides of the story, from the aliens' perspective, as well as the humans' so the audience knows exactly where the opponent's ships are.

This Battleship trailer shows a lot more, but I'm still not impressed. Battleship could be a very entertaining popcorn flick, but this trailer doesn't excite me at all. Also, the cast for this film looks pretty mediocre. Liam Neeson should deliver a solid performance, but Taylor Kitsch could become another Channing Tatum, Brooklyn Decker probably won't rise above the status of eye candy here, and I don't know what to think about Rihanna. Rihanna's popularity as a celebrity continues to rise, and she will be a recognizable face in this film, but as far as acting goes, what could she possibly bring to the table?

Battleship should receive a good amount of hate from the critics, because this film will receive tons of complaints for being the typical loud, noisy, and flashy Hollywood blockbuster with senseless action scenes, and this one should feature its fair share of overused war clichés. Battleship could be entertaining, but I'm still on the fence right now. Battleship could receive some attention in the season of summer blockbusters next year, but this film could land on the forgettable list, because the other big name films with more hype and anticipation will receive more attention, and Battleship will suffer from a lot of strong competition.

G.I. Joe Retaliation

Release Date: June 29, 2012

[YOUTUBE]bSX2oxLdcWA[/YOUTUBE]​

The film will feature the G.I. Joe Team coming into a conflict with Zartan, Storm Shadow and Firefly all serving under the newly released Cobra Commander. Zartan (who is last seen in disguise as the President of the United States) frames all G.I. Joe operatives as traitors and wipes most of the joes out with a sneak attack, leaving only Duke, Roadblock, Snake Eyes, Flint and Lady Jaye. Zartan now has all the world leaders under Cobra control, with warheads headed towards innocent populaces. Badly beaten, out numbered, and outgunned the Joes make a desperate plan to expose the truth and stop Cobra from taking over the world.

Rise Of Cobra was a very underwhelming film. Everything just felt so cheesy, that film didn't provide any real thrills, and Rise Of Cobra was a disappointing beginning for this potential franchise. Joesph Gordon-Levitt was pretty enjoyable in this film, but for the most part, Rise Of Cobra is a very predictable and forgettable "action" flick. Retaliation could be an improvement, and this trailer does look okay. The cast looks decent enough (minus Channing Tatum), but I still have some very low expectations for this one. Also, The Rock has a good chance of becoming the true star in this film, because Channing Tatum shouldn't provide any tough competition at all.

Rock Of Ages

Release Date: June 1, 2012

Young Drew Boley (Diego Boneta) and Sherrie Christian (Julianne Hough) fall in love during the rock music scene of 1987.

Rock Of Ages could be an enjoyable film, but I think I'll pass on this one. Musicals usually annoy me. I just can't stand them, and Rock Of Ages should feature a good amount of extravagant singing scenes. Fans of the 80's rock scene should enjoy this one, and the detail does look pretty good here. But the colorful and wild nature of this film doesn't do anything for me. Rock Of Ages should feature some high quality acting, because the cast does look pretty good here, and this film should have its fair share of raunchy moments. Still, I'm not a fan of musicals, and this trailer gives me a headache.

[REC] 3 Genesis

Spanish Language Trailer

[YOUTUBE]Nwt6uvtP5ic[/YOUTUBE]​

The original REC crew are back ready to submit their ensemble cast to another fight for survival against the zombie infection. This time to the backdrop of an original soundtrack. The new chapter will see the film “open up” by using a more traditional cinematographic style. However the film’s roots have not been forgotten and viewers will still be immersed in the action watching certain events unfold through the eye of the video camera. The action in REC 3 GENESIS encompasses the events of the first two films and after the sense of claustrophobia previously experiences. The action now takes place miles away from the original location and partly in broad daylight giving the film an entirely fresh yet disturbing new reality. The infection has left the building. In a clever twist that draws together the plots of the first two movies this third part of the saga also works as a decoder to uncover information hidden in the first two films and leaves the door open for the final installment the future REC 4 Apocalypse.

[REC] 3 doesn't have a US release date yet. This film will hit theaters on March 30, 2012, but this release date is for Spain only.

I try to avoid found-footage horror films most of the time, but [REC] and [REC] 2 have received their fair share of favorable praises. [REC] is praised as a horror classic, and the second film has received a nice amount of positive reviews. I'll have to give both of these films a try someday, because [REC] 3 does look pretty impressive so far. This should be a bloody and violent film, filled with shocking and intense moments, and [REC] 3 could be one of the more enjoyable horror films next year. I want to take a chance on this one, but I'll have to watch the other two films first, because I want to know why these films are so popular, and I want to learn more about the story.

The Dictator

Release Date: May 11, 2012

[YOUTUBE]CgbhyjuhbX8[/YOUTUBE]​

The heroic story of a dictator who risks his life to ensure that democracy would never come to the country he so lovingly oppressed.

Brüno was a disappointment for me. Sacha Baron Cohen gave his all as usual, and he did deliver a very enthusiastic and believable performance, but this film didn't click with me at all. The Dictator does have some promise, and the cast looks pretty solid here. The Dictator could provide some great laughs, and this could be an entertaining mockumentary. This film will should piss a lot of people off, because when it comes to offensive and obscene material, I'm sure Baron Cohen won't hold anything back.

MS One: Maximum Security

Release Date: April 20, 2012

[YOUTUBE]163FLWyNZw0[/YOUTUBE]​

A man wrongly convicted of conspiracy to commit espionage against the U.S. is offered his freedom if he can rescue the president's daughter from an outer space prison taken over by violent inmates.

Wow. This trailer looks amazing, and MS One: Maximum Security could make the list of entertaining surprises in 2012. Guy Pearce looks great here, this film does feature an intriguing premise, and MS One could be one of the more unique action/sci-fi thrillers. MS One will probably fly underneath the radar in 2012, and this film probably won't make a noticeable impact at the box office, but I still have some high hopes for this one, because MS One should deliver the goods.

Prometheus

Release Date: June 8, 2012

[YOUTUBE]QIXY_x3kwLY[/YOUTUBE]​

The film will focus on a mythology within the Alien universe. Set in the late-21st century, Prometheus will explore the advanced civilization of an extraterrestrial race responsible for the origins of modern humans on Earth, as well as the background of the Alien creature which made its first appearance in the 1979 film.

Finally!

I've been waiting for the first full Prometheus trailer for months now, and I am pleasantly surprised by the debut here. The Dark Knight Rises is probably at the top of everyone's must-see list for 2012, but Prometheus is the only film I'm truly looking forward to in 2012. Ridley Scott could have his first true box office hit in years, and he could use the boost, because Robin Hood was a HUGE disappointment. The story for Prometheus is mysterious, the cast looks great, and Noomi Rapace is slowly breaking her way into the Hollywood mainstream scene in a big way. Prometheus might get lost in the shuffle of the mega summer blockbusters next year, but Prometheus should gain its fair amount of attention, and Alien fans will be drawn to this film.

Wrath Of The Titans

Release Date: March 30, 2012

[YOUTUBE]IHHPPX6dnYU[/YOUTUBE]​

A decade after his heroic defeat of the monstrous Kraken, Perseus (Sam Worthington) is attempting to live a quieter life as a village fisherman and the sole parent to his 10-year-old son, Helius. Meanwhile, a struggle for supremacy rages between the gods and the Titans. Dangerously weakened by humanity's lack of devotion, the gods are losing control of the imprisoned Titans led by Kronos: father of the long-ruling brothers Zeus (Liam Neeson), Hades (Ralph Fiennes), and Poseidon (Danny Huston). The triumvirate had overthrown their powerful father long ago, leaving him to rot in the gloomy abyss of Tartarus, a dungeon that lies deep within the cavernous underworld.

Perseus cannot ignore his true calling when Hades and Ares (Édgar Ramírez) make a deal with Kronos to capture Zeus. The Titans' strength grows stronger as Zeus's remaining godly powers are siphoned, and hell is unleashed on earth. Enlisting the help of the warrior Queen Andromeda (Rosamund Pike), Poseidon's demigod son Agenor (Toby Kebbell), and fallen god Hephaestus (Bill Nighy), Perseus bravely embarks on a treacherous quest into the underworld to rescue Zeus, overthrow the Titans and save mankind.

Eh, I'm not so sure about this one. Clash Of The Titans (2010) was okay at best, and the need for a sequel does feel kind of unnecessary, because that the first film didn't leave me with that "I want more!" feeling. The cast looks solid enough, the special effects and 3D should provide some "oooh and ahhh" moments, and this could be a fun popcorn flick. But I think I'll pass on this one, because Clash Of The Titans didn't impress me at all, and the thought of sequel doesn't do anything for me.

The Dark Knight Rises

Release Date: July 20, 2012

[YOUTUBE]9R6zD8VcQTQ&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

Following the death of District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman assumes responsibility for Dent's crimes in order to protect Dent's reputation and is hunted as a fugitive by the Gotham City Police Department. Eight years after the events of The Dark Knight, Gotham has recovered from Joker's killing spree, and is experiencing a time of peace. A warning from the "enigmatic" Selina Kyle foreshadows a coming cataclysm, prompting Batman to return to the city where he must stop the villain Bane and his plans to destroy Gotham.

Well, I don't think I can say anything else about The Dark Knight Rises. I've said everything I can say about this film in other threads, and this film will be the most anticipated release in 2012. The Dark Knight Rises could smash all kinds of box office records, and I wouldn't be surprised if this one overthrew Avatar for the #1 spot on the all time box office grossing list. The cast looks great here. Anne Hathaway is one the brightest young actresses in Hollywood, and she has the potential for a great career. But Michelle Pfeiffer will always be the greatest Catwoman for me, she really did nail that character in Tim Burton's 1992 film, and Hathaway is going to have some big shoes to fill. And Tom Hardy should be able to take the Bane character to the next level, and he should make everyone forget about the awful version of Bane we all saw in that piece of shit Batman & Robin (1997).

The Dark Knight Rises hasn't hit theaters yet, but this film has already received its fair share of tremendous praise. In the end, I think Batman fans will be disappointed, because they're setting the bar way too high for this film. They're expecting something epic, and a lot of these expectations do seem very unrealistic. I'm sure The Dark Knight Rises will be a very good film, but Batman fans are expecting this flawless and legendary masterpiece. They might walk out of the theaters with some disappointed feelings, and this film will receive a lot of nitpicky criticisms.

And here's another trailer for MS One: Maximum Security:

[YOUTUBE]NZ-9a_30wRQ[/YOUTUBE]

The Expendables 2

Release Date: August 17, 2012

[YOUTUBE]rSKwjrqBhAA[/YOUTUBE]​

After taking a seemingly simple job for Mr. Church (Bruce Willis) the Expendables find their plans going awry and one of their own is brutally murdered by rival mercenary Jean Vilain (Jean-Claude Van Damme). The Expendables set out into hostile territory — with their new members Billy the Kid (Liam Hemsworth) and Maggie (Yu Nan) — to put a stop to a deadly weapon and gain their revenge against the villain who killed their brother.

The Expendables was a fun popcorn flick, and the sequel should provide more action and intensity. We'll probably see more explosions and over the top action scenes, and The Expendables 2 could be one of the more enjoyable Summer blockbusters next year. Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger will have more important roles in this film, and they won't be regulated to cameo appearances here. Their characters will have some extra screen time, and this is great news, because the cameos in the first film didn't do enough for me. Also, seeing Jean-Claude Van Damme in this film does feel kind of surprising. Van Damme hasn't done anything worth remembering in years, and he's been stuck in the straight-to-video world for quite some time. The Expendables 2 will gain some recognition as one of the more noticeable blockbusters next year, and a successful run at the box office could help Van Damme, because his acting career could really use the boost.

Casa de Mi Padre

Release Date: March 16, 2012

[YOUTUBE]QiUxshH3pEg[/YOUTUBE]​

Armando Alvarez (Will Ferrell) has lived and worked on his father's ranch in Mexico his entire life. As the ranch encounters financial difficulties, Armando's younger brother Raul (Diego Luna), shows up with his new fiance, Sonia (Génesis Rodríguez). It seems that Raul's success as an international businessman means the ranch's troubles are over as he pledges to settle all debts his father has incurred. But when Armando falls for Sonia, and Raul's business dealings turn out to be less than legit, all hell breaks loose as they find themselves in a war with Mexico's most feared drug lord, the mighty Onza (Gael García Bernal).

I'm always on the fence, when it comes to Will Ferrell's films, but Casa de Mi Padre looks hilarious. The story sounds decent enough, and Ferrell's character does look very enjoyable here. Casa de Mi Padre is one my must-see list, and this could be one of the more entertaining comedies in 2012.

Jack The Giant Killer

Release Date: June 15, 2012

[YOUTUBE]7I67Wycxtmk[/YOUTUBE]​

An ancient war is reignited when a young farmhand unwittingly opens a gateway between our world and a fearsome race of giants. Unleashed on the Earth for the first time in centuries, the giants strive to reclaim the land they once lost, forcing the young man, Jack, into the battle of his life to stop them. Fighting for a kingdom, its people, and the love of a brave princess, he comes face to face with the unstoppable warriors he thought only existed in legend—and gets the chance to become a legend himself.

This story has been done to death over the years, but Bryan Singer is directing this one, so I will take a chance on Jack The Giant Killer. This film is based on a famous fairytale, so Jack The Giant Killer should see some success at the box office. This film could provide a nice twist for the story, and Jack The Giant Killer could be an enjoyable and fun fantasy adventure film.

The trailer for 21 Jump Street was taken down a while ago, but I found another one:

[YOUTUBE]t2ONv6H6Luk[/YOUTUBE]

Bad Ass

[YOUTUBE]U6UCHk5pFmU[/YOUTUBE]​

Decorated Vietnam hero Frank Vega returns home only to get shunned by society leaving him without a job or his high school sweetheart. It's not until forty years later when an incident on a commuter bus (where he protects an elderly black man from a pair of skin heads) makes him a local hero where he's suddenly celebrated once again. But his good fortune suddenly turns for the worse when his best friend Klondike is murdered and the police aren't doing anything about it.

Bad Ass doesn't have an official release date yet, but this film should hit theaters in April. But it should be a limited release, and I wouldn't be surprised if this one received the straight-to-video treatment.

Bad Ass could be an enjoyable B-Movie. I don't have high expectations for this one, but I will give Bad Ass a try, because I am curious about this film. Danny Trejo looks like the perfect choice for the lead role, Bad Ass could receive some attention from the mainstream press, and this particular parody film has already sparked some outrage throughout the internet.

Bel Ami

Release Date: March 2, 2012

[YOUTUBE]jdJC_GkGXco[/YOUTUBE]​

The film stars Robert Pattinson as Georges Duroy. Pattinson describes Duroy as being "completely amoral". Uma Thurman as Madeleine Forestier, Duroy's secret love interest, Kristin Scott Thomas as Madame Walter, another love interest of Duroy. Christina Ricci will star as Clotilde de Marelle, Holliday Grainger as Suzanne Walter, Philip Glenister as Charles Forestier, Colm Meaney as Rousset, and Natalia Tena as Rachel.

....What's this? A Christina Ricci film, that doesn't look like a piece of trash??? There's still some hope for her career after all!

Bel Ami could be a cheesy and sappy romance flick, but this trailer looks decent enough, and I do have some hope for this one. I'm not so sure about Robert Pattinson as the lead man here, but I haven't seen too many of his films, so I'll reserve my judgements for now. The rest of the cast looks solid, and this film does feature Christiana Ricci, so there's no way I'm taking a chance on missing this one, when it hits theaters.

The Lucky One

Release Date: April 20, 2012

[YOUTUBE]MKqaiQZdv3c[/YOUTUBE]​

A Marine travels to North Carolina after serving three tours in Iraq and searches for the unknown woman he believes was his good luck charm during the war.

The Lucky One could be an emotional and touching film, and I actually want to take a chance on this in the future. Zac Efron as the lead man doesn't excite me at all, and I'm still trying to forget his annoying character from New Year's Eve. The story sounds kind of farfetched, but The Lucky One could still be a decent film. But this one might join a list panned films in 2012, because The Lucky One seems like the type of film, that will receive harsh reviews from mainstream critics, and they will probably have a field day with this one.

And here are some new trailers:

[YOUTUBE]zIei8moYwNg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]-E5GBc6YuQY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]iJv2Wno1cA4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]jUB2ls-koLA[/YOUTUBE]

Upside Down

[YOUTUBE]zrQX_lccunI[/YOUTUBE]​

Adam (Sturgess) is an ordinary guy in an extraordinary universe. He lives humbly trying to make ends meet, but his romantic spirit holds on to the memory of a girl he met once upon a time from another world, an inverted affluent world with its own gravity, directly above but beyond reach… a girl named Eve (Dunst). Their childhood flirtation becomes an impossible love. But when he catches a glimpse of grown up Eve on television, nothing will get in the way of getting her back… not even the laws of science.

Upside Down doesn't have an official release date yet, but this film will be released later this year. France and Canada will get their chances to see this one before everyone else, but Upside Down should receive a limited US release soon enough.

Upside Down could feature a predictable and sappy love story, but this film does have a very intriguing and fascinating premise. Mixing science-fiction with romance isn't anything new, but this trailer does feature some breathtaking scenes, and the visuals do look very impressive. I will go out of my way to find this one, when a release date is announced, because I really want to see this film.

Return

Release Date: February 10, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]IHS4oagsDaY[/YOUTUBE]​

Kelli, returning from her military tour of duty in the Middle East, has high hopes for resuming her old life in her midwestern hometown. Her hopes are gradually dashed as her relationships with her family and friends suffer; they have moved on, and she cannot adjust. She is unable to provide the attention her children need, she quits her dull factory job, she discovers her husband Mike's infidelity, drinks with her friends, then is stopped by the police while driving under the influence. During her court-ordered therapy session, she meets Bud, a charming war veteran. She undergoes a gradual breakdown, but persists in her efforts to reestablish her life.

Linda Cardellini has always been a solid enough actress, and I will always remember Cardellini for her portrayals of Velma in the live action Scooby-Doo films. She really did nail that character, and Cardellini did seem like the perfect choice. Return could be an emotional and gripping drama, and I really want to take a chance on this one. This film could provide a spark for Cardellini's career, she does have some potential, and she could become one of the more recognizable leading actresses in the future.

And here's the most recent trailer for John Carter:

[YOUTUBE]l8I9eZGzNhM[/YOUTUBE]

ATM

[YOUTUBE]sbr2uCMJde8[/YOUTUBE]​

On a late night visit to an ATM, three coworkers end up in a desperate fight for their lives when they become trapped by an unknown man.

ATM doesn't have an official release date yet, but this one is expected to hit theaters sometime this year.

I usually try to have an open mind about everything, but this trailer looks awful. I'm sorry, but the premise for ATM sounds incredibly stupid, and I just can't buy into the story. Yeah, I know. It's late at night, and the mysterious hooded figure has killed the security guard, but NOBODY notices this creepy guy, who's alone in the parking lot? Also, the victims aren't secluded in some desolate little town in the middle of nowhere.... they're in a populated city! I could be overreacting here, but ATM looks like a shitty and forgettable horror/thriller, and the cast doesn't excite me at all. I could be wrong, but this film could wind up on the list for the worst films in 2012.

Silent House

Release Date: March 9, 2012

[YOUTUBE]VD88EFBFuos&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

Trapped inside her family's lakeside retreat, a young woman descends into madness.

Silent House could be a solid horror film. The story sounds intriguing, and this film could feature some nice spook moments. Silent house should provide some good tension, and I do want to take a chance on this. I haven't seen the Spanish language original yet, but I will try to find it soon.

Perfect Sense

Release Date: February 10, 2012

[YOUTUBE]bSgipkWDu6w&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

A story about two people - a chef and an epidemiologist - who fall in love just as an epidemic begins to rob the world's population of their sensory perceptions.

Ewan McGregor will always have a spot on my list of favorites, because his portrayals of Obi-Wan in the Star Wars prequels were enjoyable, and he did deliver some high quality performances in these films. Also, McGregor might not be as popular as other big name Hollywood actors, but McGregor is talented, and he can always provide a very solid performance for any type of film. Perfect Sense should be an emotional and gripping romance/drama. The premise sounds unique, and I am looking forward to this one.

Moonrise Kingdom

Release Date: May 25 ,2012

[YOUTUBE]g9g2gz9qFrs[/YOUTUBE]​

Set in the 1960s, a pair of young lovers flee their New England island town, prompting a local search party led by the Sheriff (Willis) and the girl's parents (Murray, McDormand) to fan out to find them.

......Edward Norton, Bill Murray, Frances McDormand, and Harvey Keitel in the same cast? I'm sold!

Moonrise Kingdom could be a unique drama film, and I could really feel the nostalgia, as I watched this trailer. The cast looks great, and besides Fantastic Mr. Fox and The Darjeeling Limited, I haven't seen any other Wes Anderson films. Anderson has a unique style (directing and writing), so I do want to take a chance on this one.

Girl In Progress

Release Date: April 27, 2012

[YOUTUBE]sMrXn9ziqr8[/YOUTUBE]​

A neglected 13-year-old looks to a teen rite-of-passage as a way of changing her life.

Eva Mendes usually plays the role of a highly desirable piece of eye candy in her films, or her characters don't have too much depth, and her good looks become the main attraction. She might try to rise above this status in some of her films, but Mendes' hasn't provided that one memorable performance yet, and to be honest, she isn't the best actress out there. Mendes might be limited in the talent department, but she's going to take on a more serious role in this film. Mendes probably won't receive any sort Oscar recognition for her performance here, and Girl In Progress could become another forgettable comedy/drama, but I want to take a chance on this film. Eva Mendes won't be regulated to the role of eye candy, and it'll be interesting to see, if she can carry this film with the lead role.

Piranha 3DD
Release Date: March (Nothing official yet)

[YOUTUBE]ppxzFbxFYNQ[/YOUTUBE]​
After the events at Lake Victoria, the pre-historic school of blood-thirsty piranhas make their way into a newly opened waterpark.

This trailer was terrifying. Not because of it being scary or anything, but because I had to go over it with a fine toothed comb to make sure there was no nudity. Thank goodness there was none so that I could share this with everyone. I was a huge fan of the first Piranha remake a few years ago. It was beyond amazing and a great homage to 80's exploitation creature features. I expect nothing less from this one. The trailer is amazing, the concept completely ludicrous, but who really expects a good story behind this film? People will only go to see this for a few reasons, those being sex, violence, and a lot of raunchy humor. There is no way this film will disappoint because no one with "high class taste" will be caught dead seeing it. But I sure as hell will be, and cannot wait.

Piranha 3DD should be excellent, Jon. And yeah, this film will not have a sensible plot at all. The dialogue will be vulgar and raunchy, and this film should feature plenty of violence and graphic gore. Piranha 3DD will be one those films you aren't suppose to take too seriously. It'll be mindless fun, and I can't wait for the official release date.

Detachment

Release Date: March 16, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]w7lBleOF9Pw[/YOUTUBE]​

A chronicle of three weeks in the lives of several high school teachers, administrators and students as seen through the eyes of a substitute teacher.

The Pianist was Adrien Brody's last successful film. But The Pianist was released in 2002, and since then, Brody hasn't been able to return to the promise land. Personally, I enjoyed Brody in Predators (2010), and the critics can bash The Jacket all they want, but I still love this film, and The Jacket is one of the better psychological thrillers I've seen over the years. Brody might not win any awards for Detachment, but I am interested in this film. Detachment could be an emotional drama, and the cast looks great, so this one should be worth watching.

The Hunger Games

Release Date: March 23, 2012

[YOUTUBE]tbAFm-AkzLo[/YOUTUBE]​

Every year in the ruins of what was once North America, the nation of Panem forces each of its twelve districts to send a teenage boy and girl to compete in the Hunger Games. Part twisted entertainment, part government intimidation tactic, the Hunger Games are a nationally televised event in which "Tributes" must fight with one another until one survivor remains. Pitted against highly-trained Tributes who have prepared for these Games their entire lives, Katniss is forced to rely upon her sharp instincts as well as the mentorship of drunken former victor Haymitch Abernathy. If she's ever to return home to District 12, Katniss must make impossible choices in the arena that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

Harry Potter has come to an end, Nolan's series of Batman films will end this summer, and Saw is on a brief hiatus as of right now, so The Hunger Games could become one of the more recognizable film franchises in the next few years. The Hunger Games should have a nice run at the box office, because fans of the books will surely support this film. This trailer looks decent enough, and The Hunger Games could be a fun action/adventure film, so I might take a chance on this one.

Jennifer Lawrence's career is off to a nice start, and The Hunger Games could do wonders for her future. Lawrence delivered a very solid performance in Winter's Bone, but she did have A LOT of help from John Hawkes in this film. Lawrence wasn't bad at all in this one, and Winter's Bone provided a huge spark for her career, but most of the critics really overreacted, when they praised her work for this film. Still, Lawrence is one of the more talented young actresses in Hollywood, and she does have a bright future. She was very enjoyable in X-Men: First Class, and Lawrence really did surprise me in The Beaver, because she was able to showcase some nice range here. The Hunger Games will receive a good amount of attention, when this film hits theaters, and Lawrence could become one of the more high profiled actresses in the future.

And here's the new trailer for Casa De Mi Padre. Also, the Safe House trailer was taken down a while ago, but I found another one:

[YOUTUBE]0mrdYr_EwkA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]1IfQY4fNcnw[/YOUTUBE]

Resident Evil: Retribution

Release Date: September 14, 2012

[YOUTUBE]DMIeLC7AfLA[/YOUTUBE]​

"The Umbrella Corporation's deadly T-virus continues to ravage the Earth, transforming the global population into legions of the flesh eating Undead. The human race's last and only hope, Alice (Milla Jovovich), awakens in the heart of Umbrella's most clandestine operations facility and unveils more of her mysterious past as she delves further into the complex. Without a safe haven, Alice continues to hunt those responsible for the outbreak; a chase that takes her from Tokyo to New York, Washington, D.C. and Moscow, culminating in a mind-blowing revelation that will force her to rethink everything that she once thought to be true. Aided by newfound allies and familiar friends, Alice must fight to survive long enough to escape a hostile world on the brink of oblivion. The countdown has begun."

When it comes to quality, the Resident Evil film franchise has hasn't been able to maintain any sort of track record of consistent quality. The first film was very solid, but Apocalypse was a major piece of shit. Extinction was an improvement over the second film, but the Resident Evil franchise produced another bad film with Afterlife. This was the most recent installment of the Resident Evil franchise, but the impressive 3D affects couldn't save one. I thought Retribution would FINALLY put an end to the Resident Evil franchise, but I might have got my hopes up too quickly. There have been talks of a sixth Resident Evil film. A possible prequel could be in the works. I'm sorry, but this series needs to die. There was a time, when I had some hopes for the Resident Evil franchise, but that was years ago, and RE just continues to disappoint me. Still, I might want this series to come to an end, but the all of the Resident Evil films continue to have successful runs at the box office. Believe it or not, this series has developed a nice little loyal fanbase, so a good amount of people will continue to watch these films. And Resident Evil always avoids the rush of summer blockbusters each year, so they don't have to worry about the "getting lost in the shuffle" problem. When it comes to box office success, the September release dates have done wonders for this franchise, and the money-making trend should continue this year.

I've followed Resident Evil through four films. I'm not giving up now, so I will watch this film. Milla Jovovich should deliver as Alice, this film could feature some enjoyable action scenes, and the 3D effects shouldn't be bad at all. Oh, and Michelle Rodriguez is back as a member of the cast, so there's no way I'm missing this one.

Retribution could become another disappointing failure in the Resident Evil franchise, but I'll hold out some hope for a solid film. I'm not expecting anything great, and the Resident Evil franchise NEEDS to come to an end in the near future.

Brake

Release Date: March 23, 2012

[YOUTUBE]LH5thzGD7vU[/YOUTUBE]​

A Secret Service Agent is held captive in the trunk of a car and endures high-speed mental and physical torture as terrorists attempt to extract needed information for their sinister plot.

Stephen Dorff is one of my favorite actors in Hollywood. Dorff can always have a smooth and charismatic on-screen persona, and he's always capable of delivering a very good performance. He just needs to avoid Adam Sandler's films at all costs (because Bucky Larson: Born To Be A Star was a real piece of trash), and he should be fine. Brake does have an intriguing premise, and this could be a unique action thriller, and I do want to take a chance on this.

Salmon Fishing In The Yemen

Release Date: March 9, 2012

[YOUTUBE]K8YgX2EfbZs[/YOUTUBE]​

A fisheries expert is approached by a consultant to help realize a sheik's vision of bringing the sport of fly-fishing to the desert and embark son an upstream journey of faith and fish to prove the impossible, possible.

Salmon Fishing In The Yemen could be your typical and standard romantic comedy, but this one features Emily Blunt and Ewan McGregor, so this film could be worth watching. Salmon Fishing In The Yemen might be formulaic and predictable, and this film probably won't set the bar for romantic comedies, but the cast looks very solid here, and high quality acting could be one of the highlights here. Salmon Fishing in The Yemen could be a satisfying film, and this trailer really doesn't look bad at all.

God Bless America

Red Band Trailer

[YOUTUBE]-1-NRmuXTls[/YOUTUBE]​

Loveless, jobless, possibly terminally ill, Frank has had enough of the downward spiral of America. With nothing left to lose, Frank takes his gun and offs the stupidest, cruelest, and most repellent members of society. He finds an unusual accomplice: 16-year-old Roxy, who shares his sense of rage and disenfranchisement.

Wow. God Bless America could be a unique black comedy. The story feels like something different, and this should be a shocking and controversial film. God Bless America might piss a lot of people off, but I am looking forward to this one. This could be a thought provoking film, the humor should be enjoyable, and God Bless America has made my must-see list for 2012.

The Cold Light Of Day

Release Date: April 6, 2012

[YOUTUBE]wFX02pevv9Q[/YOUTUBE]​

A young American (Cavill) uncovers a conspiracy during his attempt to save his family, who were kidnapped while on vacation in Spain.

Meh. The Cold Light Of Day could be a decent enough action/thriller, but this trailer doesn't excite me at all. Everything looks so bland, but The Cold Light Of Day could be decent enough.

The cast looks solid, but Sirgourney Weaver is starting to scare me. She's going down the Pacino/De Niro path, and this isn't a good thing at all. Weaver is a well recognized and respected actress, who's built up a nice legacy over the years, but she's been apart of some really shitty films recently. The Village and Abduction were horrible, and the rest of her resumé over the past fifteen years hasn't been too impressive. Be Kind Rewind was very solid, but Jack Black, Mos Def, Danny Glover, and Melonie Diaz really carried that film. Weaver wasn't bad, but she was just there. Her character or performance really didn't help elevate that film in any way. Weaver will continue to receive roles, because she does have name value. Weaver might involve herself in a series of awful Hollywood mainstream films in the near future. I hope this doesn't happen, but it could already be too late. Although, Weaver will return for Avatar 2, so there might be some hope left.

But yeah, I really can't get my hopes up for this film, because The Cold Of Light doesn't feel like anything special, and this one could land on the long list of forgettable films in 2012.

movie_462_thumbForVideoPanel.jpg

SAFE
Released on the 27th of April.​

Synopsis: In the city of New York, a little 12 year-old Chinese girl is seeked out for memorizing high-profile secrets with her photographic memory. The only person that can save her? Luke Wright (Statham), a MMA fighter.

[YOUTUBE]3an3bwdVRsU[/YOUTUBE]

I'm sort of half pumped for this movie. I hate to admit it, but Jason Statham is one of my guilty pleasures. I don't know how I can overlook his rigidness and awful accent but, I'm glad I do, because man he can do a kick-ass, brute fight sequence and can nail one-liners. He is the 21st century Chuck Norris.

This movie looks very promising. Lionsgate are on a role, as of late, and this looks like another one of their perfect popcorn flicks. The only negative, is that it's released within a week of The Avengers, which should lead to poor numbers and it will probably never get a sequel if it's any good. Also, I really don't like child actors. I hope the Chinese girl is really good or isn't featured much.

Anyway, I'm definitely going to check this out.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Release Date: July 3, 2012

[YOUTUBE]-tnxzJ0SSOw&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

Peter Parker, a teenager who is an outcast from high school and abandoned by his parents when he was young and is now living with his Uncle Ben and Aunt May, spends his days trying to unravel the mystery of his own past and winning the heart of his high school crush, Gwen Stacy. Peter discovers a mysterious briefcase belonging to his dad which leads him to his dad's former partner, Dr. Connors. The discovery of his father's secret will ultimately shape his destiny of becoming "Spider-Man" and bring him face to face to Connor's alter ego, the Lizard.

I've expressed my disdain for Spider-Man 3 in the past. Spider-Man 3 is the one gigantic stain Sam Raimi's trilogy, and that film really did leave a bad taste in my mouth. Yeah, I know, Spidey 3 did make a ton of cash at the box office, but it was still an awful Spider-Man film. Also, the Spider-Man franchise still had a good amount of momentum back in 2007, so Spider-Man 4 could've become another box office hit in the series, but things didn't work out, so Sony deiced to go with a reboot.

Andrew Garfield is still a fresh face in Hollywood, and I'm really not familiar with the rest of his work. I've only seen Garfield in The Social Network, but he wasn't bad in that film. Garfield was decent enough, and he does look like the right choice for the Peter Parker/Spider-Man character in this trailer. I've been a big fan of Emma Stone for years now. She's a very solid young actress, and she does have a bright future. I'm going to miss the Mary Jane character, but Stone should deliver as Gwen.

I will try to go into this reboot with a positive mindset, but The Lizard as the main bad guy doesn't excite me at all. The Green Goblin and Doc Ock were outstanding villains in the first two Spider-Man films, and the performances from William Defoe and Alfred Molina were just excellent. I'm sorry, but The Lizard character doesn't do anything for me. This character ranks very low on my list of Sipder-Man villains, and for me, The Lizard character has always had this overwhelming "meh" feeling. Dock Ock has always been the intelligent and crafty villain, who could literally tear apart with his mechanical tentacles. The Green Goblin is a raging psycho, who will stop at nothing to destroy everything in his path, and they might have ruined the Venom character in the fourth film, but Venom could always provide a terrifying and intimidating presence. And Carnage was another lunatic, who would stop at nothing to cause chaos, and make Spider-Man's life a living hell. Carange represents pure evil in the worst way, and he was always one of the more frightening threats for Spidey. Rhys Ifans should do a good job with the acting, but The Lizard character has always bored me death.

I think I'll pass on the 3D for this one, but I will try to see this one in theaters. Spider-Man has been one of my favorite characters for years, and I am curious about the reboot. The Amazing Spider-Man should be one of the more profitable box office hits this summer, because Spider-Man does have a nice sized fanbase, and this should be one of the more enjoyable blockbusters in 2012.

The Bourne Legacy

Release Date: August 3, 2012

[YOUTUBE]HVPpc4pk6RE[/YOUTUBE]​

The story resumes after the conclusion of The Bourne Ultimatum, as a new cast of characters grapple with the consequences of Jason's actions.

I've never seen a Bourne film before, so I'm really not familiar with the story. Although, I'll have to give the Matt Damon films a try before I take a chance on this one, because The Bourne film series is always something I've wanted to get into, and story wise, I don't want to be lost, when I finally decide to watch The Bourne Legacy.

The Bourne Legacy has a fantastic cast. Jeremy Renner is a very solid actor, and he's been on Hollywood's rising stars list for a while now. You can always count on a high quality performance from Rachel Weisz, and Edward Norton is an outstanding actor, so I am looking forward to this.

The Hunter

[YOUTUBE]nJcR5hTAtVY[/YOUTUBE]​

A hunter is hired by a biotech company to go to Tasmania and follow up on two sightings of the Tasmanian Tiger. His orders are to recover tissue and organ samples and to report back once he has them, as the company is convinced the reports are reliable. He befriends the children of the woman he is lodging with, and helps reduce her dependency on medication - caused by her partner having been lost some eight months earlier in the same region that the hunter is searching.

During his search he becomes embroiled in the conflict between loggers and 'greenies', people protesting against the logging. He finds the murdered remains of the missing father, and discovers the location of one of the tigers dens. He stakes it out, but is accosted by another company operative who attempts to shoot him.

The Hunter has already received release dates in other countries, but an official US release date hasn't been announced just yet.

The Hunter could be a decent drama/thriller. William Dafoe is one of my favorite actors, and he usually delivers very solid performances, so he should do a fine job as the lead man here. The Hunter probably won't be anything special or memorable, but I want to take a chance on this. The Hunter could be one of those nice "watch at home" movies, and this trailer did hook me in. My expectation level for something great isn't too high, but the cast looks pretty solid, and The Hunter could be an entertaining film.

Release Date: August 31, 2012

[YOUTUBE]71vXzDCKqDw[/YOUTUBE]​

Passengers aboard a flight across the Pacific Ocean encounter a supernatural force.

Wow. This trailer looks horrible. 7500 does have an intriguing premise, but this film could turn out to be one giant piece of shit. This is supposed to be a horror film, and this trailer doesn't help 7500 at all. It looks silly and laughable, and I didn't see any frightening or spooky moments here. Jamie Chung will always be nice eye candy, but she really doesn't have anything to brag about, when it comes to her acting. I think I'll wait for 7500's DVD release, because I am not going to a theater to watch this one.

Ozombie: The Axis Of Evil Dead

Red Band Trailer

[YOUTUBE]DnrKmcf-vG8[/YOUTUBE]​

The story follows Dusty, a yoga instructor from Colorado, who is on a desperate rescue mission to save her crazy brother Derek, a conspiracy theorist who is convinced Osama Bin Laden is still alive, despite having been buried at sea. In Afghanistan, Dusty falls in with a team of NATO Special Forces on a secret assignment. Turns out Derek is not so crazy after all, and that Osama has returned from his watery grave and is making an army of zombie terrorists. When the group crashes headlong into the growing zombie apocalypse, Dusty and the troops must find and destroy the root of the zombie insurgency before it infests the rest of the world.

Ozombie doesn't have an official release date yet, but you can be sure of one thing, this one won't make it to theaters. Ozombie reeks of straight-to-video material, because a theatrical release doesn't seem like a realistic possibility at all, and this type of film will only appeal to a very, very small fanbase.

Well, this will be one of those films you can't take too seriously, and Ozombie does feature some controversial subject matter, obviously. This film might piss a lot of people off, but I might give Ozombie a try someday. Ozombie could be one of those mindless and fun horror flicks, that feature a ton of gross-out scenes, because I'm sure they'll take the blood and gore to extreme levels here. Or this could be an awful mess, because this trailer does look pretty bad.

Ozombie will probably become another forgettable straight-to-video horror flick, but this one could be worth watching. Using Bin Laden as the main antagonist just seems like a cheap attempt at trying to bring out some genuine shock value and anger (for obvious reasons), and I'm sure he'll suffer a gruesome and brutal demise in this film. Bin Laden should suffer a brutal death here, and this could provide feelings of joy for some, or Bin Laden's obvious demise could anger some people, because again, it just seems like they're trying to get some cheap shock reactions by using him as a character in this film. Either way, Ozombie could receive some attention, and this might be a treat for some horror fans, but this trailer really doesn't do anything for me. Ozombie could be a wild and fun bloody adventure, that provides some hard to watch deaths, but my expectations for an entertaining film are pretty low for this one.

Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World

Release Date: June 22, 2012

[YOUTUBE]T43InzvBm-k[/YOUTUBE]​

Set in a too-near future, Seeking a Friend for the End of the World explores what people will do when humanity’s last days are at hand. Can one man find his greatest love at the worst possible time? As the respective journeys of Dodge (Mr. Carell) and Penny (Ms. Knightley) converge, the two spark to each other and their outlooks – if not the world’s – brighten

Steve Carell does annoy me most of the time, but I have enjoyed some of his films, and Keira Knightley is one of my favorite actresses, so I will take a chance on this. Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World does feature a unique premise, the cast looks very solid, and this one could provide some good laughs every now and then. Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World should be an enjoyable comedy, and I do want to take a chance on this.

Dark Tide

Release Date: March 30, 2012

[YOUTUBE]ulGLGd1ssSQ&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

"Kate (Halle Berry), shark naturalist and documentarian, has been reluctant to re-enter the water since the tragic death of her mentor. Once renowned for swimming with Great White Sharks without the protection of a cage, Kate now spends her days giving mundane wildlife tours. However, the surprise arrival of her old partner and boyfriend, Jeff (Olivier Martinez), convinces her to face her inner demons and get back in the water with the fiercest of predators."

Halle Berry hasn't had a true hit in years, and her career has been in a slump for quite some time. Perfect Stranger and Catwoman were massive pieces of shit, and Things We Lost In The Fire was average at best. It's been eleven years since Monster's Ball, and Berry really could use a rebound film. Dark Tide could be an okay thriller, but this film won't help Berry bounce back. This trailer just doesn't excite me at all. Everything looks so bland, and I'll probably wait for the DVD release for this one.

Abraham Linclon: Vampire Hunter

Release Date: June 22, 2012

[YOUTUBE]34x6m-ahGIo[/YOUTUBE]​

"Seth Grahame-Smith's revision of a Jane Austen classic explores the secret life of our greatest president, and the untold history that shaped our nation. As a young boy, Abraham Lincoln (Walker) witnesses the shocking death of his mother, leading him on a path to an ongoing war - and ultimately to the presidency - he chronicles in a hidden diary. The journal reveals the incredible story of a clandestine warrior who never stopped fighting for the country he led and the people he loved."

I've been waiting on this trailer for months, and I really don't know how to feel about this right now. Abraham Linclon: Vampire Hunter could work as a fun and mindless horror flick, that features bloody and violent battle scenes, and gruesome kills could help provide some cringing moments. But this trailer does scare me a little bit. It looks like this one might try to take itself too seriously, and this type of approach could be disastrous. This is a horror film about Abraham Linclon hunting and killing vampires. This could become a laughable and preposterous film, if they decide to go with a serious tone, because you can't expect audiences to take a story like this seriously, especially this one.

Still, I'm looking forward to this film. This is either going to be a fun and gruesome horror flick, or this could turn into one giant disaster, and I will skip the 3D this time around.

I've expressed my disdain for Spider-Man 3 in the past. Spider-Man 3 is the one gigantic stain Sam Raimi's trilogy, and that film really did leave a bad taste in my mouth. Yeah, I know, Spidey 3 did make a ton of cash at the box office, but it was still an awful Spider-Man film. Also, the Spider-Man franchise still had a good amount of momentum back in 2007, so Spider-Man 4 could've become another box office hit in the series, but things didn't work out, so Sony deiced to go with a reboot.

Andrew Garfield is still a fresh face in Hollywood, and I'm really not familiar with the rest of his work. I've only seen Garfield in The Social Network, but he wasn't bad in that film. Garfield was decent enough, and he does look like the right choice for the Peter Parker/Spider-Man character in this trailer. I've been a big fan of Emma Stone for years now. She's a very solid young actress, and she does have a bright future. I'm going to miss the Mary Jane character, but Stone should deliver as Gwen.

I will try to go into this reboot with a positive mindset, but The Lizard as the main bad guy doesn't excite me at all. The Green Goblin and Doc Ock were outstanding villains in the first two Spider-Man films, and the performances from William Defoe and Alfred Molina were just excellent. I'm sorry, but The Lizard character doesn't do anything for me. This character ranks very low on my list of Sipder-Man villains, and for me, The Lizard character has always had this overwhelming "meh" feeling. Dock Ock has always been the intelligent and crafty villain, who could literally tear apart with his mechanical tentacles. The Green Goblin is a raging psycho, who will stop at nothing to destroy everything in his path, and they might have ruined the Venom character in the fourth film, but Venom could always provide a terrifying and intimidating presence. And Carnage was another lunatic, who would stop at nothing to cause chaos, and make Spider-Man's life a living hell. Carange represents pure evil in the worst way, and he was always one of the more frightening threats for Spidey. Rhys Ifans should do a good job with the acting, but The Lizard character has always bored me death.

I think I'll pass on the 3D for this one, but I will try to see this one in theaters. Spider-Man has been one of my favorite characters for years, and I am curious about the reboot. The Amazing Spider-Man should be one of the more profitable box office hits this summer, because Spider-Man does have a nice sized fanbase, and this should be one of the more enjoyable blockbusters in 2012.

See, this is where I disagree with you for like the first time ever. I'm not feeling the reboot at all. Part of what made the original Spiderman movies so good, was the charm and light-hearted humour it brought to the table. Toby MacGuire could play the loveable loser who stole our hearts and made us root for him, no matter what. Andrew Garfield... is just too cool. He's handsome, he's popular and the girls love him. He just can't play a believable Peter Parker. Also, no J.K. Simmons? He nailed the JJJ role like no other actor will be able to. Little things like this are just going to make the movie far too serious. And, with a summer of superhero movies upon us, the Amazing Spiderman will probably need something fresh to set it apart from the others and to not be labelled as just another superhero movie. It's going to get lost in the shuffle. I can guarantee it.

¡Roján!;3716594 said:
See, this is where I disagree with you for like the first time ever. I'm not feeling the reboot at all. Part of what made the original Spiderman movies so good, was the charm and light-hearted humour it brought to the table. Toby MacGuire could play the loveable loser who stole our hearts and made us root for him, no matter what. Andrew Garfield... is just too cool. He's handsome, he's popular and the girls love him. He just can't play a believable Peter Parker. Also, no J.K. Simmons? He nailed the JJJ role like no other actor will be able to. Little things like this are just going to make the movie far too serious. And, with a summer of superhero movies upon us, the Amazing Spiderman will probably need something fresh to set it apart from the others and to not be labelled as just another superhero movie. It's going to get lost in the shuffle. I can guarantee it.

I can definitely see where you're coming from. Tobey was very believable as the loveable nerd, and you could also sense the humbleness in his character. He did have a few moments as a show off, but his character never went too over the top with the cocky stuff. As of right now, Garfield's version of Spider-Man does seem very flashy. You can really see this in the trailer, but I'm still holding out hope for Garfield as Spider-Man.

This is a reboot, so you're going to have to expect some changes, and of course, everything will feel different. The Peter Parker character in this film will have moments, where you will want to feel sympathy for him, and hopefully, Garfield can provide the necessary convincing performance. Tobey did set the bar for the Peter Parker/Spider-Man character. But Garfield's looks shouldn't hurt this character, I hope they don't overdue the cocky stuff for the Spider-Man/Peter Parker in this film, and I am going to give Garfield a chance here.

Oh, and you're not the only one, who's going to miss the J. Jonah Jameson character. Simmons ALWAYS nailed this character, and the absence Jameson in this film just drives me nuts.

Also, Spider-Man shouldn't get lost in the shuffle. It might not be as popular as The Dark Knight Rises or The Avengers, but The Amazing Spider-Man should have a nice run at the box office. The reboot should see some time in #1 spot, and The Amazing Spider-Man should be able to maintain a nice of momentum and popularity in the box office rankings for a while. Large amounts of moviegoers will want to give this film a try, because Spider-Man has developed a nice sized fanbase over the years. Again, The Amazing Spider-Man might not be as popular as The Avengers or The Dark Knight Rises, but this film won't get lost in the shuffle of superhero movies this summer.

Iron Sky

[YOUTUBE]Py_IndUbcxc[/YOUTUBE]​

As World War II comes to an end in 1945, Hans Kammler and other German scientists make a breakthrough in anti-gravity research. From a secret base in the Antarctic, Nazi spaceships are sent to the "dark side" of the Moon to establish the military base "Schwarze Sonne".Their plan is to build a powerful fleet and return to conquer Earth. The film is set in the year 2018 when their descendants finally return.

Iron Sky does have a pair of April release dates for Finland and Germany, but a US release hasn't been announced yet.

Well, Iron Sky is obviously one of those films you won't be able to take too seriously. The premise is very eccentric, and the humor in this won't click with a lot of people. Iron Sky could feature some good action, and the visuals do look impressive, but most people won't accept a light-hearted film about Nazis, who want to take over the world, for obvious reasons. Iron Sky could be a unique and enjoyable science-fiction comedy, or this film could be one huge piece of trash, because there won't be any middle ground here. Iron Sky will only appeal to a very small fanbase, and I might take a chance on this one, if I can find it this year.

Intruders

Release Date: March 30, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]SP4ctHlPSQ8[/YOUTUBE]​

It tells of a twelve year old girl who is confronted with a monster and throws the life of the whole family off track, from the creators of 28 Weeks Later

Clive Owen usually stars in mediocre films, so I don't have any high expectations for his movies, but Intruders could be worth watching. This trailer does feel creepy, and this film could feature some nice jump scares. Intruders probably won't be anything special, but this could be a decent enough horror flick, and I do want to take a chance on this.

The Snowtown Murders

[YOUTUBE]qcoCTA2IZ7c[/YOUTUBE]​

Elizabeth Harvey (Louise Harris) is raising her three boys in Adelaide's poor northern suburbs. After her latest boyfriend displays pedophilic tendencies, she takes up with a new man, hoping for security but instead winds up welcoming an even more vicious predator into her home.

John Bunting (Daniel Henshall) is the moral compass among a circle of friends who hold self-appointed neighborhood watch meetings at the kitchen table. Fueled by cigarettes and beer they cast judgments on those living around them. Bunting enlists his crew in acts of sadistic vigilantism on those he considers deviants takes Elizabeth's son Jamie (Lucas Pittaway) under his wing. In a mix of misdirected hero worship and terror, Jamie becomes an accomplice to a spree of torture and murder.

The Snowtown Murders will debut at the IFC Center in New York on March 2, but a nation wide release date hasn't been announced yet.

The Snowtown Murders could be a disturbing and chilling drama, but this trailer does feel kind of dull, and everything moves so slow. I'm on the fence with this one right now. I don't have a strong urge to go out of my way and find this one, but I might give The Snowtown Murders a try someday.

And here's another trailer for The Bourne Legacy:

[YOUTUBE]pDrSA1gTuKc[/YOUTUBE]

Jeff Who Lives At Home

Release Date: March 16, 2012

[YOUTUBE]AjhFOXRTGf0[/YOUTUBE]​

Dispatched from his basement room on an errand for his mother, slacker Jeff might discover his destiny (finally) when he spends the day with his brother as he tracks his possibly adulterous wife.

Jason Segel always delivers, and Jeff Who Lives At Home should be an enjoyable comedy. The cast looks solid, and the story sounds decent enough. As of right now, I don't have high expectations for this one, but I want to take a chance on Jeff Who Lives At Home, because this one should be worth watching.

Neighborhood Watch

Release Date: July 27, 2012

[YOUTUBE]y2X-R_PR6xs[/YOUTUBE]​

Suburban dads form a neighborhood watch group to get time away from their families, only to discover a plot to destroy Earth.

Neighborhood Watch could be a fun and whacky sci-fi/comedy, but I'm not sure about this one right now. Hill, Stiller, and Vaughn will provide plenty of laughs, but the premise really doesn't do anything for me. It sounds too far fetched and silly. A group of normal guys, who take their jobs as the neighborhood watch patrol team too seriously should be enough, but the "plot to destroy Earth" stuff doesn't excite me at all. I'm guessing we'll see some aliens here, but adding aliens to the storyline could make everything feel too ridiculous. Still, I'll give Neighborhood Watch a chance, because I am interested in this one.

Touchback

Release Date: April 13, 2012

[YOUTUBE]OonsN7nuPQ8[/YOUTUBE]​

A man looks back 15 years to the injury that ended his career as a promising high-school football player.

:disappointed:

I have always been a huge fan of Kurt Russell. I've been waiting on a new film from him for a few years now, and this is what he comes back with? Touchback looks like a mediocre and predictable sports drama, and this film won't last long in theaters. Hell, Touchback probably isn't worth a theatrical release, and this one should've received the straight-to-video treatment, or a debut on the Hallmark channel. Touchback will be a forgettable film, but I'll give this one a try someday. Russell does have a part in Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained, and that film could provide some redemption, because Touchback will probably become another stain on his resumé.

Frankenweenie

Release Date: October 5, 2012

[YOUTUBE]xD6yNqOrnQQ[/YOUTUBE]​

After the death of his beloved dog Sparky, young Victor harnesses the power of science to bring him back to life. Victor tries to hide his creation, but Sparky gets out and causes havoc in the town.

Tim Burton is reaching into the past for this one. Frankenweenie is a remake of a short film he made years ago, and it was released back in 1984. Burton usually receives a lot of heat for not being able to come up with something original, and he is remaking one of his own films here. Still, Frankenweeine could be an enjoyable animation film, and I do want to take a chance on this. It's Tim Burton, so this film will be very bizarre, and Frankenweenie should feature a nice set of eccentric characters. The Nightmare Before Christmas was a childhood favorite of mine, and I've always been a fan of Burton, so I will take a chance on this.

13 Eerie

[YOUTUBE]_ZiuxGNpCSA[/YOUTUBE]​

"Six ambitious forensic undergrads are marooned on a remote island during a university field project. Unbeknownst to the group, the site was formerly used as an illegal biological testing ground for life-term criminals left for dead. But they aren't. They're undead."

13 Eerie doesn't have an official release date yet, but this one will probably receive a straight-to-video release in the near future.

13 Eerie should be a gruesome and violent zombie flick. This is a low budget horror film, and 13 Eerie will only appeal to a very small fanbase. I don't expect too much from this one, but 13 Eerie does have an intriguing premise, and I will watch this film, if I can find it.

And here are a few new trailers:

[YOUTUBE]tY9DnBNJFTI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]of0F7E17xW4[/YOUTUBE]

That's My Boy

Release Date: June 15, 2012

[YOUTUBE]M7438ZmXWi4[/YOUTUBE]​

Donny Levine (Adam Sandler) fathered a son Todd (Andy Samberg) in middle school with his teacher. He raises Todd on his own until Todd turns 18 and loses contact with him afterward. Years later, after being faced with a bill for back taxes, Donny visits Todd, who has become a successful hedge fund manager, on the eve of his wedding to Christina (Leighton Meester), hoping Todd can give him $43,000 dollars, but Donny must first deal with the consequences of years worth of poor parenting.

Ugh, Rex Ryan......

That's My Boy could be worth watching, and this film could provide some good laughs every now and then, but I've given up on Sandler. Sandler was the leading man in a few stinkers last year (Jack & Jill and Just Go With It), and he helped write the screenplay for that piece of shit Bucky Larson. Also, the story for this film doesn't sound too enticing. That's My Boy will probably be another predictable mainstream comedy, that just goes through the motions. Sandler was a terrible father, and he's been an irresponsible loser his entire life, but at some point, Sandler will realize he needs to change, he will correct all of his mistakes, fix his relationship with his son, and he will become a better a person.

That's My Boy could be worth watching, and Sandler fans will surely support this film, but as of right now, I'm on the fence with this one.

Smiley

[YOUTUBE]11yBPx-ymZA[/YOUTUBE]​

After learning of an urban legend in which a demented serial killer named SMILEY can be summoned through the Internet, mentally fragile Ashley (Caitlin Gerard) must decide whether she is losing her mind or becoming Smiley's next victim.

Smiley doesn't have an official release date yet, but this film should have a short run in theaters sometime this year.

Yeah, I'm going to take a chance on this. Smiley could be a unique slasher flick, and the premise does very intriguing. This film should feature some gruesome kills, and the killer does look kind of creepy in the trailer. Smiley probably won't be anything to remember, but this particular slasher flick could be an enjoyable treat for horror fans.

And here's the most recent trailer for American Reunion:

[YOUTUBE]OcL2zUZpfMQ[/YOUTUBE]

God Bless America

Red Band Trailer

[YOUTUBE]-1-NRmuXTls[/YOUTUBE]​

Wow. God Bless America could be a unique black comedy. The story feels like something different, and this should be a shocking and controversial film. God Bless America might piss a lot of people off, but I am looking forward to this one. This could be a thought provoking film, the humor should be enjoyable, and God Bless America has made my must-see list for 2012.

Damn it, R.J. You always beat me to the punch.

Anyway, I had come into this thread to talk about God Bless America too. Are you kidding me? I've been waiting for a film like this for quite a while. And, by like this, I mean a film that really doesn't take itself too seriously and is just a ball to watch. There really hasn't been one since Mr. Bean's Holiday. Senseless violence through a simple plot is the dream, and I'm glad someone's finally doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back