• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CM Punk's TNA Run Now Available on TNAOnDemand

Hey everybody, It's lil Jimmy!

You must have shit for brains considering, CM Punk was not even the biggest name in wrestling back in 2003.

It's very similar to WWE although. Remember, "Hey everybody, we are promoting Sting for Wrestlemania but didn't even sign him! Come see how bad we fucked up!"

Now, go run and play outside lil Jimmy.

Actually you must have shit for brains because TNA ended their relationship with Punk after they abused his position with the company by attempting to pull him from Ring Of Honor after the whole "Rob Feinstein controversy", Punk declined and they released him, TNA brass states it was because the guy couldn't get over which makes me laugh, at the same time CM Punk was one of the biggest Indy wrestlers out there which is why TNA wanted him in the company in the first place.

This whole deal with Punk is to draw those interested in WWE's current Reality Era in so they can cough up a few bucks to see Punk matches that you could otherwise find on youtube, I'm not doubting the marketability of this and the fact that TNA could make a little money off of CM Punk but this attempt slaps TNA's current stars in the face because it says that they arent big enough to draw fans to their on demand site they would rather pull the in using a star who is currently in a rival promotion someone who didnt even have a decent run in the company to begin with.

bravo TNA for shitting on your own talent.

And when did WWE promote sting?, they never even used stings name of likeness on their site promoting any kind of material apart from their WCW dvd which was headlined by a tone of world title matches inwhich sting was involved, oh and by the way didnt tna rip off takers return vid for stings return?.

you my friend need to really think before you type.

@ Zevin: Like I said, your fanboyness for Tna is admirable but please don't make it sound so obvious and except the fact that TNA has made numerous dumb decisions and promoting Cm punk for a couple of bucks is one of them.

I just don't see how this makes TNA look good. Their showing footage of a superstar who is the second biggest star in WWE today. Can you say, pathetic.

It's like WCW showing footage of Stone Cold, Undertaker, or Triple H after they were big star's in WWE. It's the same kind of bullshit that makes this company look buch-league. So, TNA have footage of a guy they didn't push, got over in another indie company, and is now the second biggest star in the biggest wrestling company in the world? So I guess if Mick Foley goes back to WWE they'll show footage of him, if Kurt Angle ever goes back to WWE they'll show fottage if him in TNA? Am I right? Come on, how does this make the TNA current star's look, their showing footage of a guy who is a big star in WWE, footage from 7 year's ago, only about what, 4 matches? Good job TNA on making people want to continue watching you so called "competition" and watch CM Punk successful and not jobbing and being Raven's lackey. I'm waiting for the displeasure from the TNA talent over TNA showing a guy who's over in another company, in fact, more over than the entire TNA roster. TNA are just making themselves look stupid, really stupid. Even more stupider when Dixie Carter said the people that watch TNA are "40 year old vrgin's" to Congress. Promoting a guy who's a top draw in another company, who never got over in TNA, and is the current WWE Champion.

I mean, if this was ROH, I would'nt have a problem. Atleast he was pushed and made a star in ROH, and more people know he was in ROH. I never knew Punk was in TNA until like last year. It's a sham for money, that's it. Their cashing on someone else's success. Somebody who, unlike any TNA star, is socially relevant today and a mass of fans want to see. It's just pathetic.

This to me is just TNA striking while the iron is hot. They know full well that CM Punk has hit it bigtime in the WWE and they are trying to cash in on it as well somehow. If ROH did this I could understand it seeing as how CM Punk was probably the Biggest Superstar in that Company (I don't know that for sure since ive never seen ROH but it sounds like that from what ive heard).

What run did he really have in TNA? A few Matches and being in a Group with Raven? Wow thats something to really showcase. Just another exampe of TNA crapping on the guys who are there like AJ,Joe,Beer Money,etc while leaching off the WWE's success.

This to me is just TNA striking while the iron is hot. They know full well that CM Punk has hit it bigtime in the WWE and they are trying to cash in on it as well somehow. If ROH did this I could understand it seeing as how CM Punk was probably the Biggest Superstar in that Company (I don't know that for sure since ive never seen ROH but it sounds like that from what ive heard).

What run did he really have in TNA? A few Matches and being in a Group with Raven? Wow thats something to really showcase. Just another exampe of TNA crapping on the guys who are there like AJ,Joe,Beer Money,etc while leaching off the WWE's success.
It's TNA On Demand. AJ Joe, Beer Money and a lot of other people are there as well. TNA is not selling DVDs, they're simply releasing footage of CM Punk's early years in TNA for the people who are interested. Capitalizing on Punk's success is to me no different than WWE capitalizing on any famous celebrity who had a movie come out and came to RAW. WWE gets higher ratings (yeah right) from it, and the celeb exposes his new gig to millions of people.

You're forgetting that you need to be subscribed to TNA on Demand to watch this, and TODM has TONS of footage from most of TNA's history, so new fans could be exposed to that and get hooked on the product, see if it's got history and give it a whirl. Is it a cheap tactic? Sure, if you're pro-WWE and not so pro-TNA. Everyone else simply calls it smart business.

At least they're not making money off of someone's death.

And some wonder why I curse people out. I'm not even going to dismantle this, it's so embarrassing. A lot of us TNA fans are fanboys but this ... well there's no word for people like you other than ignorant morons.

right because i can see the fact that anyone on the tna roster would be used as jobbers in wwe? angle doesnt count, neither does sting they'd get big pushes in they're last run. everyone else would be jobbed into nothingness, if they weren't already. :lmao: fact is your so high and mighty for tna you can't admit that is still the minor leagues/retirement home for wwe... go watch a triple a baseball game might see some yankee and red sox rejects. ;)

@Zeven_Zion : "At least they're not making money off of someone's death"

They might not be making money but Sting is doing a blatant ripoff and a pretty shitty job of copying a character made famous by late Heath ledger. Infact he did the same thing with Bradon Lee with the "Crow" character.

Icon my arse!!! More like A"CON"

right because i can see the fact that anyone on the tna roster would be used as jobbers in wwe? angle doesnt count, neither does sting they'd get big pushes in they're last run. everyone else would be jobbed into nothingness, if they weren't already. :lmao: fact is your so high and mighty for tna you can't admit that is still the minor leagues/retirement home for wwe... go watch a triple a baseball game might see some yankee and red sox rejects. ;)
I can admit that it's the minor leagues. I have and I always will until TNA starts out-drawing WWE in attendance, ratings and PPV buys. What I won't admit is bullshit like TNA being a retirement home. Why? Well, you can answer that question.

Name 3 former WWE legends who retired in TNA. Came in the ring, had their last feud, their last match and said goodbye to the business forever. Just three.

But hey, spew your crap all you want. There's a reason why Angle and Sting don't want to go anywhere near the WWE. There's a reason why Hogan is with TNA instead of WWE. What? You think McMahon wouldn't want to milk as much money as he can from Hogan? He did it with Flair. Think of what he'll do with Hulkamania. He put the fucking belt on him. Had him beat Rock. Had him beat Michaels. It ain't like Hogan was in splendid shape back then either. He'd book Hogan vs Cena before all the blood gets into his boner. If he can have Piper wrestle he'll damn sure have Hogan wrestle and people like you will eat that shit up like there's no tomorrow. You know it. Woo woo woo.

@WWE Ice Cream Bars - McMahon built his company on blatantly ripping off gimmicks and ideas of people who are alive and dead (and not so great either. Why do you think WWF's version of the nWo sucked). What's your point?

It's all perfectly legal. After all, they're showing matches he competed in while he was working for TNA. They own the footage, they can do whatever they want with it.

It's opportunistic of course, not necessarily anything wrong with that. They're just trying to strike while the iron is hot. TNA sees an opportunity to get a little slice of the pie. It's really no different than the strategy of hiring as many former WWE, WCW or ECW wrestlers as they can to capitalize on name recognition in the hopes of generated money. Gotta make money somehow and, comparatively speaking, they're not generating much on their own with house show crowds of 500 and ppv buys, reportedly, averaging 7,000 through 10,000 buys.

I can admit that it's the minor leagues. I have and I always will until TNA starts out-drawing WWE in attendance, ratings and PPV buys. What I won't admit is bullshit like TNA being a retirement home. Why? Well, you can answer that question.

Name 3 former WWE legends who retired in TNA. Came in the ring, had their last feud, their last match and said goodbye to the business forever. Just three.

But hey, spew your crap all you want. There's a reason why Angle and Sting don't want to go anywhere near the WWE. There's a reason why Hogan is with TNA instead of WWE. What? You think McMahon wouldn't want to milk as much money as he can from Hogan? He did it with Flair. Think of what he'll do with Hulkamania. He put the fucking belt on him. Had him beat Rock. Had him beat Michaels. It ain't like Hogan was in splendid shape back then either. He'd book Hogan vs Cena before all the blood gets into his boner. If he can have Piper wrestle he'll damn sure have Hogan wrestle and people like you will eat that shit up like there's no tomorrow. You know it. Woo woo woo.

Hulk Hogan at bound for glory 2011 against sting...face it its gonna happen :banghead:
Ric Flair when and if his ass ever does retire...Wooooo
both members of Team 3D(they're wrestling legends, they we're in wwe so it counts)
bonus Stenier aka a glorified tag team wrestler turned roid user.(wellness policy eh?)
i would say Sting but you'd say hes WCW...quick question who owns WCW? i mean now if it were to come back?

booker t and kevin nash we're smart and went to WWE instead of reforming the MEN

I'm sure Angle would die if WWE offered him a deal...a good deal. i dont mean a jobber deal either i mean a legend deal(i.e. foley)

lets be honest im a wwe mark and your a tna mark theres no way we'll agree. but i'll be even more honest you make good points about TNA but they're put on some really shitty storylines IMO...oh remember abyss vs Kendrick from this week? match of the fucking year :lmao: im sorry this started off like a fucking argument lol i like TNA's dvds and stuff anyway.

i'm just honored a WZ TNA Legend replied to me. :worship:

thats not sarcasm either broski :robvandam:

It's all perfectly legal. After all, they're showing matches he competed in while he was working for TNA. They own the footage, they can do whatever they want with it.

It's opportunistic of course, not necessarily anything wrong with that. They're just trying to strike while the iron is hot. TNA sees an opportunity to get a little slice of the pie. It's really no different than the strategy of hiring as many former WWE, WCW or ECW wrestlers as they can to capitalize on name recognition in the hopes of generated money. Gotta make money somehow and, comparatively speaking, they're not generating much on their own with house show crowds of 500 and ppv buys, reportedly, averaging 7,000 through 10,000 buys.

it is yes, but is it really worth it, CM Punk and TNA didn't part ways on good terms they literally buried the guy prior to leaving saying that he "wasn't getting over" with the fans, he was also in the company for a very short period of time.

their scheme to make money also pigeon holes the company as the place that cant get their own guys over, it doens't bode well for a company who state that they are an alternative to the WWE and advertise a WWE guy on their own product.

I believe that this is hurting TNA rather than helping it, yes they may get a short stream of cash flow from it but in terms of talent it doesnt help when they are attempting to build guys like AJ Styles, Gunner, Samoa Joe, Matt Morgan etc to the main event, it makes the whole process seem like a joke.

Dunce-exter, Did the WWE ever profit or attempt to build a name off of the Montreal Screwjob? Bret Hart didn't exactly part ways on a good note and that sure didn't stop them from cashing in. Hell, they still attempt to cash-in on it from time to time and Vince's character was basically born from it.

It doesn't hurt their own talent at all because it gets them exposure. Whenever someone in the entertainment industry gets a jump in popularity all of their smaller projects end up for sale. That is just smart business. There is an obvious overlap in the people that might be into Punk now and who might like X-division etc. in TNA. The On-Demand service allows people to build an interest in these wrestlers as well. Probably most importantly, TNA paid Punk at the time for the footage. Why shouldn't they use a resource they own because the talent got bitter when the company couldn't be associated with a public relations nightmare?

Dunce-exter, Did the WWE ever profit or attempt to build a name off of the Montreal Screwjob? Bret Hart didn't exactly part ways on a good note and that sure didn't stop them from cashing in. Hell, they still attempt to cash-in on it from time to time and Vince's character was basically born from it.

It doesn't hurt their own talent at all because it gets them exposure. Whenever someone in the entertainment industry gets a jump in popularity all of their smaller projects end up for sale. That is just smart business. There is an obvious overlap in the people that might be into Punk now and who might like X-division etc. in TNA. The On-Demand service allows people to build an interest in these wrestlers as well. Probably most importantly, TNA paid Punk at the time for the footage. Why shouldn't they use a resource they own because the talent got bitter when the company couldn't be associated with a public relations nightmare?

are you called shattered dreams because you like to wear womens clothing? (golddust reference) or more so because you fail at everything you do just as your arguement has failed.

was Punk as relevant as Bret Hart when he parted ways with TNA?, No, didn't WCW attempt to cash in on the Montreal incident with Bret just as the WWE did but werent as sucessfull, Yes, so how can you compare the two you snivvling idiot.

The fact that TNA is attempting to establish itself as a true alternative to the WWE and then promotes the biggest WWE star in the company at this time shows that they are looking to the company for ideas, i've already acknowledged that it will allow the company to make money but it won't however help the company in the long run, it cashes in on a storyline that is currently being played out on WWE tv, and also help promote punk, it does nothing to help any of TNA's other talent and does more damage for them in the long run, it does nothing for the company nor the guys who are busting their asses for it you moron.

and as far as the public relations nightmare, yes feinstein was in trouble but it doesnt stop current tna talent doing shoot interviews with him and RF video does it?, TNA never receeded on the order even though feinstein stepped down his situation wasnt a PR nightmare it was something that had no relevance to the TNA, it had no relevance to ring of honor a man had issue's and rather i think he was a scumbag or not i wouldnt switch off tna because the guy had no association with the show whatsoever, damn shattered do your homework before you attempt to step up to the grown ups table.

It's TNA On Demand. AJ Joe, Beer Money and a lot of other people are there as well. TNA is not selling DVDs, they're simply releasing footage of CM Punk's early years in TNA for the people who are interested. Capitalizing on Punk's success is to me no different than WWE capitalizing on any famous celebrity who had a movie come out and came to RAW. WWE gets higher ratings (yeah right) from it, and the celeb exposes his new gig to millions of people.

You're forgetting that you need to be subscribed to TNA on Demand to watch this, and TODM has TONS of footage from most of TNA's history, so new fans could be exposed to that and get hooked on the product, see if it's got history and give it a whirl. Is it a cheap tactic? Sure, if you're pro-WWE and not so pro-TNA. Everyone else simply calls it smart business.

At least they're not making money off of someone's death.

Explain to me when I said it was a cheap tatic? All I said was its TNA's way of captilizing on his recent sucess nothing more and nothing less. Mainly because they weren't smart enough to know what they had at the time and yeah I know nobody can see in the future but I bet your buddy Dixie is saying OMG we missed the boat big time. Did you really say the nWo was better than DX? I liked the nWo as well but come on it got stupid after awhile and DX didn't need a 100 guys to make it a success.

so your saying that Tna is lame yet they just made an amazing decision for Business one i doubt Vince would ever make Tna is Humble they know they can't compete with the WWE so they use this to their advantage its genius

Lmfao what? They did try to compete with the WWE by going to Mondays and failed miserably.

Which ties into how pathetic this is. TNA doesn't have a star as big as WWE, so they have to piggyback off of what the WWE does. It's almost like TNA is in the ECW brand spot, and they're making a CM Punk Best of ECW DVD.

This is sad, and it should be a wake up call that instead of making a "Best of Mr. Anderson" or "Best of The Pope" or "Best of AJ Styles" or "Best of Samoa Joe" or "Best of Matt Morgan" feature or DVD for all of these guys who have been in the company for years and they have ample footage and promos of, they have to capitalize off of the small window of time that Punk was in the company.

Again, TNA doesn't know how to create homegrown stars. The main thing that WWE has over TNA is history. It's why Bret returning was a waaaay bigger deal then Hogan jumping promotions, as if he was relevant in today's wrestling world in the first place. AJ Styles or Anderson going to WWE would be a hell of a lot less of an impact then Cena or Punk going to TNA, because WWE knows how to create stars and special moments.

Actually, they didn't "compete" they did it to draw a new audience on a new day. Monday's is generally considered a wrestling night. They "failed" because viewers preferred Thursdays to Mondays. They found out when ratings for reruns on Thursdays drew more than Mondays.

It has nothing to do with what WWE was doing. Which was Bret Hart feuding with Miz or something. Please, leave. Posts like yours is pathetic.

Agreed but they are more than profitable. 1,200 is what they draw for house shows consistently. They go to lesser areas that never get any sort of wrestling events and draw 800 or 900.

Their V.I.P. package for Impact Zone fans generally sells out for 100 bucks.

The PPV buy reports are totally bullshit. Meltlzer claims it drew 8,000. Another site reports they drew 30,000. WrestleZone claims they drew an average of 17,000 or 20,000 for 2011.

It's not like they are poor. Their doing this to actually have something new and fresh for TNAOnDemand. Next month, Slammiversary should be up there.

Actually, they didn't "compete" they did it to draw a new audience on a new day. Monday's is generally considered a wrestling night. They "failed" because viewers preferred Thursdays to Mondays. They found out when ratings for reruns on Thursdays drew more than Mondays.

It has nothing to do with what WWE was doing. Which was Bret Hart feuding with Miz or something. Please, leave. Posts like yours is pathetic.

wrong, they did it to compete, angle said it in interviews, hogan stated this to, they did it to start another monday night war in hopes that they could mimick wcw's sucess, it didn't work, it had gotten so bad that they had to move the show back to thursdays in order to re-establish itself, hogans idea backfired the company literally had to climb back to their 1.1 ratings on thursday nights after their move back, it was a disaster and an attempt tna should never have made in the first place.

Agreed but they are more than profitable. 1,200 is what they draw for house shows consistently. They go to lesser areas that never get any sort of wrestling events and draw 800 or 900.

Their V.I.P. package for Impact Zone fans generally sells out for 100 bucks.

The PPV buy reports are totally bullshit. Meltlzer claims it drew 8,000. Another site reports they drew 30,000. WrestleZone claims they drew an average of 17,000 or 20,000 for 2011.

give me proof of these figures please, you say that meltzer is wrong but can you prove it?, is their a repitable source involved?

It's not like they are poor. Their doing this to actually have something new and fresh for TNAOnDemand. Next month, Slammiversary should be up there.

they are doing it mostly for attention and to make a few extra bucks, they are capitalizing on a star who was only with their company for a short time, hell the drawing of punk was taken from the best of cm punk dvd thats how pathetic tna is, sheesh check your facts dizzy....

He was in TNA when that picture was taken. You do your facts. TNA wouldn't be able to use any of those pictures unless they were originally from TNA.

No shit, they are drawing attention by releasing all of their matches of him. It's not like they are asking people to pay for it. If your registered, you watch it.

The biggest joke of all if ROH did this, nobody would have a problem. There is nothing wrong with this. I said it before, Hogan's DVD was promoted by WWE WHILE he was in TNA. Mickie James and RVD featured in the WWE video game....WHILE they are in TNA.

Don't come with the "omgsz this is pathetic" bullshit. It's getting pathetic to read because It quite frankly is hypocritical.

He was in TNA when that picture was taken. You do your facts. TNA wouldn't be able to use any of those pictures unless they were originally from TNA.

No shit, they are drawing attention by releasing all of their matches of him. It's not like they are asking people to pay for it. If your registered, you watch it.

The biggest joke of all if ROH did this, nobody would have a problem. There is nothing wrong with this. I said it before, Hogan's DVD was promoted by WWE WHILE he was in TNA. Mickie James and RVD featured in the WWE video game....WHILE they are in TNA.

Don't come with the "omgsz this is pathetic" bullshit. It's getting pathetic to read because It quite frankly is hypocritical.

read before you post kid, i wasnt talking about that picture i was talking about this:

51GaEtvslRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

now look at tna's

punk5.jpg

they ripped the damn image from the dvd cover, secondly hogan, james, rvd are all tna stars, if the wwe was promoting an aj styles vid i would see your point, all these guys have merchandise deals with the WWE so that makes your point moot.

again check your facts.

read before you post kid, i wasnt talking about that picture i was talking about this:

51GaEtvslRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

now look at tna's

punk5.jpg

they ripped the damn image from the dvd cover, secondly hogan, james, rvd are all tna stars, if the wwe was promoting an aj styles vid i would see your point, all these guys have merchandise deals with the WWE so that makes your point moot.

again check your facts.
Does Ring of Honor own the rights to this picture? Find that out. Until then, your point is moot.

I dont really post in the TNA forum that much , but am I the ONLY ONE who thinks this is just going to make more people watch the WWE product? How can the competition show matches of a guy whos on top of the other roster there tryin to compete against?

If I never watched WWE lets say, and I saw TNA showing CM PUNK matches and i liked them; the first thing im going to do is go turn on WWE and get hooked on it.

This is no different than Universal Studios or Warner Brothers making best of Clint Eastwood film collections. If you happen to own archive footage of someone who is popular and you know that you can stand to make money off of it then you do it. It's as simple as that, why not? There's no crime in any of this, seriously. Hell, WWE Classics On Demand has reams of footage with guys like Hogan, Sting and Flair that they always show on their website. They never hesitate to advertise it either.

I dont really post in the TNA forum that much , but am I the ONLY ONE who thinks this is just going to make more people watch the WWE product? How can the competition show matches of a guy whos on top of the other roster there tryin to compete against?

If I never watched WWE lets say, and I saw TNA showing CM PUNK matches and i liked them; the first thing im going to do is go turn on WWE and get hooked on it.

Well you are aware there's no crime in you being a fan of BOTH TNA and WWE, right? They legally own footage from his earlier career and they want to get some bank out of it. Indirectly, they are promoting WWE, but so be it. If certain fans want to get all upset about this, then maybe we should start a revolution in this country and jettison our current government just like the Russians did with the czar and all become communists. Because it seems some fans here have a problem with capitalism, don't they?

Oh and as far as that CM Punk image goes from the ROH DVD and the fact that same image is on TNA's website, if that image is public domain, then it's fair game, plain and simple. However, if it's not, well then TNA will definitely have to be accountable for that, 'nuff said.

If ROH did this is would'nt be that bad. Why? Becuase he was actually pushed and used in ROH, that's where he made his name, where WWE saw him, and more importantly where a mass of people know he came from. ROH actually saw something in him that TNA didn't, and used him to his fullest potential, and it's currently happening in WWE. TNA used him as a jobber in a team with Raven, released him becuase he "wasn't getting over as a heel," then he went back to ROH, was a successful face and heel, WWE saw potential in him, and now he's WWE Champion, after having 3 World Championship reign's, and is one of the top guy's in WWE.

First of all, they worked on the DVD before Hogan debuted on TNA, and why would'nt they release it? I read around, a noticed it was a DVD of unreleased stuff never before seen on Hogan DVD's, and Hogan was, and still is the bigest star in the history of wrestling, and to point out again, the DVD was made before he was a on screen character. And also, it's not like he's the top star of TNA, he's just a old guy playing a heel. He's most known in WWE.

Mickie James and RVD probably signed off on the likeness for the game before they signed with TNA.

Does Ring of Honor own the rights to this picture? Find that out. Until then, your point is moot.

Its FIP pro and ring of honor and no they dont, the original artist has the copyright on the image his name is scott blair, Im emailing him now to ask if TNA paid for the property, if you want to go into intelectual properties Zion then what does that prove?, well nothing it proves that TNA cant rely on their talent to promote their product, again if this was ring of honor at least they would have had a boatload of footage to show in regards to punk not just six months in a bad gimmick and storyline with "the gathering".

I consider this a lazy marketing ploy from TNA and have to agree with the above poster, whoever sees this will end up going back to the WWE to see more Punk, I reiterate it does nothing in the long run to help the company.

That's another reason why I don't get it.

If a person watches his matches, goes on the internet to see what he's up to, finds out he's in WWE and is in a very good storyline, they'll probably watch RAW and be hooked.

Liked I said before, it's a bad business decision to promote a star that is currently a hot commodity in your "competition."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back