CM Punk Gone From WWE - Keep It All Here

Is CM Punk right for leaving WWE?

• Yes, he saw his friend Bryan taking a backseat to a part timer and decided to leave.

• No, this wasn't punk's battle to fight and his fans deserve better.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This doesn't mean he'll do it but best of luck to him if he does. Am not an MMA fan, wrestling is still real (to me, dammit). But it's known than Punk is a fan and at least if he actually has the talent for it, he won't be held back. Genuinely surprised they have let him wear the Gracie hoodie on TV in the past actually. If he's only as successful as someone like Shinsuke Nakamura then it will represent some achievement.

If he does go to MMA, I would love to see him get his ass kicked. I think he is trying to copy the Batista and Lesnar route. Even though Batista only had one fight.

CM Punk would absolutely get his ass kicked and I think it would be hilarious. If Punk had a televised fight I would definitely watch it however I don't think he'll really do it I think he's just interested in the martial art.

He would probably fight in the Welterweight or even Lightweight division. I don't see him being much more than 185 right now. Imagine him throwing up that sloppy ass leg kick at a real fighter. If he goes to UFC he for sure loes his debut match.

I think this is more of a hobby for him than an actual want or need to compete. I'm sure he's smart enough to realize there will be guys 15 years younger, faster AND with more experience than him. Regardless, it is a good thing for him to take up, as he's somebody who will go out in public with no entourage and there will be some people who will heckle him

I don't want anyone under the impression that support CM Punk. I think that he sucks. He lacks athleticism, physique, and the charisma to be in the main event spotlight just like Daniel Bryan. Both are average, both are lucky the WWE has thrown as many bones there way as they have. Again, as I stated, Punk and Bryan's push has just been some misguided backlash by Marks against the normal main event wrestlers.

Punk won't do well in MMA. I don't see Dana White calling him up either. The UFC is quick to distance itself from anything that would come off as a gimmick, such as letting a fake wrestler with no collegiate background compete in the UFC. At best, you may see Punk go the Kimbo Slice route and be on the Ultimate Fighter. But I doubt he will humble himself enough for that. He will end up on Bellator or out of country. I see him winning a few fights maybe, then mounting up against a real competitor and getting a reality check. But this will set him up for his return to the WWE later after he gets overs himself and his new gimmick will involve his MMA association.

MMA is Punk's only real option. I see why you all would think it's a hobby because it HAS been. However, I don't see him going to the sinking TNA ship, and he clearly won't be on the WWE for awhile. Fighting will be his only option to stay relevant in the public eye.

The only thing that may happen with Tito Ortiz and Rampage's appearance on TNA is that Punk is the loose association that cross promotes Impact Zone and Bellator on Spike. But he will not be an exclusive wrestler.

I think what you guys are forgetting is that Punk is already proficient in kickboxing and karate. Not to say that he would be good in MMA, but if he does get his purple belt he would have enough to do it. He wouldn't be in a big weight class either so anything is possible. What he needs to do is keep on trucking. Never live your life by someone elses standards. That's why I respect him.

CM Punk won't be making it to the UFC anytime soon either. Big deal, he's no Stone Cold and that's a fact. He needs WWE more than they need him. Easily replaceable.

Punk is borderline unathletic, so no career in pro mma. I don't think this means he won't be wrestling though. Just that he's pursuing another passion.

Kickboxing, not Muay Thai, has been very unsuccessful in the octagon. Same with Karate. Lyoto Machida is the exception and his Karate caught many fighters off guard because it came from different angles that most hadn't see before, as MMA is becoming more and more of a martial art in it's own right that has drawn certain aspects from Wrestling, Judo, BJJ, and Muay Thai and neglecting others (such as GI moves) that do not fit the mold. However, currently, Machida is not in a title hunt and the norm is still for MMA fighters to be proficient in BJJ, Muay Thai, Wrestling, and to a lesser extent Judo. Traditional Kickboxing and Karate are further down the list. Sambo is more effective in MMA than Kickboxing and Karate.

Machida is Shotokan Karate which far more hardcore than the Karate you get here in America that's on every street corner where little kids get juicey juice after practice.

The point being, Punk will have at minimum a year or so even with private training with the Gracies to reach a purple even with private training. I am only a blue and it's taken me more than that. With that said, his purple belt alone won't catapult him into big fights with big payouts because it won't bring that level of success. At his age, and with being behind the learning curve already he would have alot of ground to make up. What will bring him back to wrestling from MMA will be the same thing that probably brought Bautista back...money. He simply won't draw the same money from cage fighting that he did as a WWE Main Eventer, with time going against him because of his age I see him coming back after this brief stint.

Being good buddies with UFC talent isn't a bad place to start. Punk's been seen several times with Ronda Rousey, is known to be good friends with Sonnen, and has been training off and on with Gracie for several years.

Add that to the "wow" factor of having a former WWE champion on a card and you could see why White would be willing to sign that sort of contest. Lesnar made it to the UFC within 3 professional fights, not because he was a great fighter, but because he brought a lot of main stream coverage with him.

Considering the UFC's biggest draw ever was a former professional wrestler, I think it really opens the door for a guy like Punk, as wrestling fans have been known to follow wrestlers through numerous endeavors. Comparing him to Batista's attempt is laughable as Batista is considerably older than Punk, fights in a far different weight class, and has been known to need "enhancement" products in order to stay in the best shape and had no real formal background outside of being a bouncer. Punk has been training BJJ on top of his already impressive kick boxing background, has excellent cardio to build from, and he appears to have the ability to check his ego at the door and properly learn how to do something from the basics. That was Lesnar's problem, he thought he was already good enough and never worked on his striking enough to make it dangerous. Thus he was a one trick pony and could be taken advantage of pretty easily.

Had Lesnar been a complete failure in his attempt to fight in the UFC, I would say the chances of Punk going were slim to none. However, by Lesnar becoming the UFC Heavyweight Champion, he proved that former pro wrestlers can make an impact in the MMA world just as former folk style wrestlers did the same thing.

You can't tell me that White wouldn't love the publicity of it... Especially with a lot of the bigger draws (GSP, Silva) leaving, UFC is really going to be searching for some new drawing power. Punk, because of his ability to talk, could be something completely different than anything in the UFC today. Remember Lesnar's promo after UFC 100? Now imagine that if Lesnar had even a 1/10th of Punk's ability on the mic? That would be an absolute game changer...

Had Lesnar been a complete failure in his attempt to fight in the UFC, I would say the chances of Punk going were slim to none. However, by Lesnar becoming the UFC Heavyweight Champion, he proved that former pro wrestlers can make an impact in the MMA world just as former folk style wrestlers did the same thing.

Brock Lesnar is a freak athlete who was an NCAA wrestling champion. Many UFC fighters have "real" wrestling as their main starting point. Please don't compare Lesnar to Punk in this regard. Punk is a pro-wrestler first. An MMA hobbyist second. He could probably get a fight because of his name recognition alone, but not in the UFC. He'd have to prove himself first. If they DID give him a fight, he would be annihilated. Again, he is NOT Brock Lesnar and they don't have anything in common except that they both became famous in the WWE.

Brock's sheer mass and power and wrestling background was enough for Dana White to think he would at least make a decent showing of himself. CM Punk doesn't have the overwhelming physical traits that Lesnar does. He'd be fighting at at a weight class where technique and experience are imperative.

How about this, Punk is retired from wrestling and any combat sport. He's saved his money, he doesn't need to do this shit anymore.. It's not a big deal.

How about this, Punk is retired from wrestling and any combat sport. He's saved his money, he doesn't need to do this shit anymore.. It's not a big deal.

I'm with you. Enjoy the life that your work has afforded you.

Branching out into MMA will not go well. If he gets exposed, nobody is really going to want to see him in the WWE again. It'll be "heres the best in the world at fake fighting" making his return to RAW after embarrassing himself in legit fighting. Too much to lose. He'll be back in WWE when his batteries are recharged and/or he needs the money.

Brock Lesnar is a freak athlete who was an NCAA wrestling champion. Many UFC fighters have "real" wrestling as their main starting point. Please don't compare Lesnar to Punk in this regard. Punk is a pro-wrestler first. An MMA hobbyist second. He could probably get a fight because of his name recognition alone, but not in the UFC. He'd have to prove himself first. If they DID give him a fight, he would be annihilated. Again, he is NOT Brock Lesnar and they don't have anything in common except that they both became famous in the WWE.

Brock's sheer mass and power and wrestling background was enough for Dana White to think he would at least make a decent showing of himself. CM Punk doesn't have the overwhelming physical traits that Lesnar does. He'd be fighting at at a weight class where technique and experience are imperative.
Not saying that he'd have the same success as Lesnar had. However Lesnar's NCAA background/genetic freak status wasn't the compelling reason. It was Lesnar's name value that got his foot in the door. If not, a guy like Bobby Lashley (NCAA champ, freaky size) would be fighting in the UFC and not some second rate MMA promotion. Punk got a lot of main stream play after the pipe bomb and has been featured several times with various UFC fighters. While it won't get him a title shot, that kind of name recognition could very well get him his foot in the door.

Now whether he'd be successful in the UFC is a totally different conversation. I'm merely focusing on why Punk has a very good chance to get his opportunity to compete in the UFC.

There's so much reality lacking here it's seems like a world full of marks on both sides of the argument : )

If you think that video is any indication of punk joining MMA you're a MARK he's smart enough to know he's too old and too bang up to try his hand at it professionally.

On the other hand if you think he's trying to copy brock and dave you're also a MARK it's been well documented that he trains as a hobby for his personal fitness and enjoyment.

Furthermore if you think his in ring style is any indication of what his actually fighting ability would be in MMA scenario you're basically the definition of a MARK. Wrestling is fake and designed to be so for the camera. Wrestling is about pacing throwing lightning quick roundhouses is effective in real combat sports but wrestling is as much a dance as it is a fight and everything is done with cameras and pacing in mind. Truth be told he could be a great fighter and/or grappler or he could be the black belt grandma at the local tiger Schulman's who just does it as a hobby no one knows and it has to be left at that.

People really need to stop creating their own realities and then just arguing about it because a lot of these threads lately have been so galvanized based off of speculation that it is almost borderline laughable.

If punk wants to go to MMA he better go higher than a purple belt in MMA! A purple belt in regular terms is very good!! In terms of MMA your average at best! Given Punks age,and the abuse his body has taken in wrestling i dont see him doing all that well in MMA.

Its true he is efficient in kickboxing and karate,but those two traits alone wont help him. Training MMA is a whole different beast. I dont think that Dana white calls him or punks fights in MMA! If he were to fight in MMA,maybe WSOF or a little show in local arenas to see what he has got! Best of luck to Punk in whatever avenue he decides to go down

Theres two major problems in most thinking here.

One: Punk knows Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai. If he does, it's likely very little. Not because he's fat or unathletic (raise your hand if you can wrestle a 25 minute match, thanks) but mostly because he's spent a lot of his time on his actual career. Doesn't leave a great deal of time for training when you have one day off a week.

Two: As punk has no martial arts experience he will definitely always suck. Its not like punk won't train and improve. He has a little experience to go on. He has turned down jiu jitsu grading on several occasions. Sure he's old, but only five years older than when Randy Couture started wrestling. Punk would have the friends (gracie/sonnen etc), the money and the spare time neded to train properly.

I don't see it happening personally. Though I could see him want to get involved in the MMA world, just not inside the octagon. Maybe commentary etc. He's less cynical about that world than the one of pro wrestling. I'd lay my chips on his return to the WWE first and foremost though!

Vince McMahon is the boss. Get it. He made WWE a global company, he made Wrestlemania a massive event. So he calls the shots. He who has the gold makes the rules.

Now, if an employee doesn't like it, they can submit or quit. But if they have a contract, like WWE wrestlers do, they should do the right thing by business and see out their contract.

I would have no problem if Punk went in July. His contract is up. But going early is BS, unless he has agreed to not get paid the remainder of his contract. If the WWE release a talent, they have to pay them out. So, alternatively, if the talent leaves early, then the WWE shouldn't have to pay them out. Why should WWE pay Punk for not working?

I bet you support Punk, because you probably hate your boss and wish you could tell him to shove it as well. It's obvious that you have no respect for those in charge.

Punk has options. At this time, he picked the wrong one.

1) So, in other words, because Vince made Wrestlemania every wrestler should just do everything he asks, no matter how dumb or poorly booked? LOL

2) By my count, wrestlers are human beings, and they can change their minds any time they want. That's life, my friend.

3) At this point, Punk has so much money I guarantee he could give less of a sh!t if he doesn't get paid another cent from WWE. It's not about the money, it's about the principle.

4) Your last paragraph made me laugh. A, you don't know me so I don't know how you came up with that one. B, totally incorrect. I actually like my bosses. I support Punk because he speaks his mind, is great in the ring, and great on the mic. He's a realist, no BS.

If I was working somewhere where I was gonna get a raise/promotion, and some guy off the street came in and got it, I'd be pissed, and I DAMN WELL wouldn't stand for it. It's the principle, which is what you don't get. You feel like Punk has wronged YOU because you don't get to see him on TV. That's all it is. You don't give a crap about any of the wrestlers themselves, just how much they are going to entertain you. Essentially, you'd just rather the wrestlers just suck it up and keep quiet. Punk has voiced his opinion a million times, but guess what, you can bitch and complain and give your input all you want, but at the end of the day Vince doesn't really care, and he's gonna do it his way anyway.

Just a few things I wanna say about the situation (and I'm not talking about the one from the jersey shore)

First and foremost NOBODY knows the whole situation or anything to do with CM Punks personal life....we don't know what went down in WWE....we don't know how much money punk has saved up....we don't know if Punk is even remotely interested in being involved in UFC....period.

As far as I'm concerned the guy is just burned out regardless of the final nail in the coffin he probably realized that he wasn't getting a main spot at WrestleMania (in his mind) and he's just too banged up to continue going through the motions with no light at the end of the tunnel.

Regardless of the reason I find the guy to be the absolute definition of a coward and not trustworthy on a business standpoint.

If you injured or banged up that's fine...inform management and let them work around it even if that means writing you in story lines in a non physical role....it's never ok to just walk out of a contract like this especially when your promoted around the country to be appearing at events I don't care how frustrated you are you complete your end of the agreement...no where in his contract does it say WWE must have him main event a wrestlemania...but it does say he must meet his end of the agreement until the agreed date.

Now here's my honest opinion

I think he saw that Bryan was getting over and basically took his spot on the card's and noticed that very slowly he was becoming third in line behind Cena and Bryan.

Regardless of what his diehard fans want to admit the guy does have a ego and it eats at him that he's never reached the level Cena has...even tho he's had some amazing programs with the likes of Jericho, Lesner, Undertaker and The Rock that all means very little to him if he isn't the main focal point in the company and doesn't main event wrestlemania.

Again that just my opinion...I have no real facts of the situation just as nobody does.

I think this is the likely scenario. I could see him continue training in BJJ or whatever as a means to keep in shape, but that's about it.

He's known to be a big fan of stick and ball sports and live music. Now he's got the money and time to enjoy both as much as he wants.

I kinda wish I had that opportunity.

I think this is the likely scenario. I could see him continue training in BJJ or whatever as a means to keep in shape, but that's about it.

He's known to be a big fan of stick and ball sports and live music. Now he's got the money and time to enjoy both as much as he wants.

I kinda wish I had that opportunity.

I don't understand where people get off saying he has a lot of money? Nobody knows his situation so I don't think it's appropriate to state things like that when you have no basis to it.

As far as we know the guy could have wasted all his money on drugs tattoos and booze and is sitting at home right now high as a kite with needles in his arm...infact I find that more a more logical situation then "meh he has a lot of money he just quit and went home because he can".....

I don't understand where people get off saying he has a lot of money? Nobody knows his situation so I don't think it's appropriate to state things like that when you have no basis to it.

As far as we know the guy could have wasted all his money on drugs tattoos and booze and is sitting at home right now high as a kite with needles in his arm...infact I find that more a more logical situation then "meh he has a lot of money he just quit and went home because he can".....

He's straight edge moron, he's not drinking and drugging up. That's not a freaking gimmick, that's his life. Its been pretty well documented he's been very good with his money and lives a simple life. He doesn't have a million dollar mansion and a bunch of $200,000 cars like Cena.

CM Punk in his infamous pipe bomb promo said it himself "I'm just another spoke on the wheel", referring to his walkout at that time. Punk knows his walkout will not cause any significant change to anything that goes on the WWE. All he has done is disappointed us as fans, and made him self look completely unprofessional. In saying that am I happy to see Punk leave of course not, he is a highly entertaining aspect of the WWE machine. But his walkout will not be a catalyst for change that much is certain.

It is a situation in which only CM Punk knows what CM Punk is truly doing or trying to achieve. If he is that fed up and disappointed then so be it, but it still does not justify his actions.

He's straight edge moron, he's not drinking and drugging up. That's not a freaking gimmick, that's his life. Its been pretty well documented he's been very good with his money and lives a simple life. He doesn't have a million dollar mansion and a bunch of $200,000 cars like Cena.

From what reports say sure that may be the case but there's no legit proof of that...reports also state that CM Punk shows up to work lookin like he's just walked out of a car accident and relies on pain medication (which is a drug) to get to sleep...so technically if your gonna believe reports about his "simple life" then believe the same reports that speak of his current state of health and his dependent drug use.

Nobody of sane mind would walk out of a job they dedicated there life to just because they didn't get there way...There are some underlying issues here that hasn't surfaced that's why he's cut himself out of the public eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back