CM Punk does still equal ratings

Yes. 2005, when they were a .500 team, and the Eagles were below .500. Not now when they're both Super Bowl contenders. Face it Sly. There is no way that you can logically argue that Punk had any bearing on last night's game getting huge numbers and Raw's being low. None.

Well a 4.5 was probably a spike for the curiosity factor. Tribute shows usually spike in the ratings regardless. I'm not looking it up, but regardless the WWE was averaging around a 4.0 back then, me thinks.

Yes. 2005, when they were a .500 team, and the Eagles were below .500. Not now when they're both Super Bowl contenders. Face it Sly. There is no way that you can logically argue that Punk had any bearing on last night's game getting huge numbers and Raw's being low. None.

You seem to think I care about football's ratings. I don't. What I'm saying is that Punk is the reason Raw got low ratings. And I think I've proven my case sufficiently so. Your position is all conjecture and anecdotal evidence, where I've proven cold hard facts.

can-of-worms.jpg

You seem to think I care about football's ratings. I don't. What I'm saying is that Punk is the reason Raw got low ratings. And I think I've proven my case sufficiently so. Your position is all conjecture and anecdotal evidence, where I've proven cold hard facts.

It's also factual that last night's game was the biggest cable draw ever. Raw isn't the biggest cable draw ever, football is. Wrestling will never win over the casual fan like football will. You're wrong Sly. Also, if Punk was the reason they didn't watch, wouldn't they turn back once his match was over?

Also, if Punk was the reason they didn't watch, wouldn't they turn back once his match was over?
Not necessarily.

I turned it off, so I could play Madden. That's how bored that match made me. I occasionally flipped it back on, but mostly played Madden.

Yet again, football over wrestling.

So let me make sure I have this right. You feel that one of the longest running programs in tv history has the most popular team in the world featured that week for the only time all year, drawing the biggest rating ever in cable, wasn't the main factor in people not watching Raw?

Yet again, football over wrestling.
No, video game over wrestling.

Big difference. I don't even watch the NFL much.

So let me make sure I have this right. You feel that one of the longest running programs in tv history has the most popular team in the world featured that week for the only time all year, drawing the biggest rating ever in cable, wasn't the main factor in people not watching Raw?
No, you don't have this right.

No one is saying that MNF doesn't have an effect on Raw's rating. What I'm saying is that MNF had no greater impact on wrestling than it did the week before, or all the other weeks that Raw has been on. This is THE lowest Raw rating since 1996. MNF has played plenty of games since then.

The madden thing wasn't a serious comment.

And I say that you're totally wrong. Last night was a big football game, plain and simple. It came on earlier, plain and simple. People saw it, liked what they saw, and kept watching it. Raw last night was irrelevant to them.

Punk as a strong champ could have = ratings but vince messed up so congrats to vince he is killing wwe like he did the invasion angle and nwo angle

i havn't seen the ratings for each time period, but one of the first things that popped into mind is that starting a night with a match which you could expect to see main event a ppv (Steel Cage Match for WHC... seriously) may have left people thinking, "woo! championship match! ahh. poor ending. well, nothing else to really look forward to" and MAYBE follow it with "i wonder how the game's going"

it could be argued that they were pushing the kane v rey match to keep people watching, but honestly, i stopped watching before that. just seems stale to me.

soo rather than being Punk or MNF's fault, it is, as the usual cause for poor ratings, the company's fault. I can understand the logic with starting a night with a nice match to hook people, but if there's no other main event that sounds as tasty as a Steel Cage for WHC at first glance, no one will be hooked beyond hard fans.

THat makes sense. I was thinking that also. I said it last night in the LD: This show has been booked backwards.

Why are we to assume it is one wrestler's fault that ratings are down at any certain time or period? I have stated time and time again that if they want ratings, the whole damn show (haha get it,) has to be great. Monday Night Football was greater yesterday. Next week, Raw has a better chance to win because Brett Farve leads the sad Jets into San Diego to play the winless Chargers.

Not that I don't agree that Jericho is a ratings killer, but the low ratings are attributed to RAW going head to head with the highest rated Monday Night Football in history.

This thread is redicolus, mnf awalys provided a ratings drop for the wwe, usualy the ratings level out but since mnf moved to espn from network tv, it started inflating the rating standard therefore durring football season the cable ratings on monday night arent an exact science. Also you have to concider that dallas was on mnf, they awalys draw huge numbers, even if they were playing the dolphins they would recieve at least a high 6 or low 7. Add the fact that there playing a team thats in their division and also is one of the top teams right now means higher ratings. It's not jerichos fault at all, people didnt tune in for a simple fact they wanted to see monday night football, not everyone has a tivo. It was predicted before the game that raw will be under a 2.8 anyways so whats the big deal, everyones acting like its the downfall of wwe, when in reality no one backstage is that thrown off by it, they were expecting it. I have allot of friends in the business end of wwe, working there from 83-01, and let me tell you all this fan mumbo jumbo, dirtsheet crap is a bunch of bull, the internet ruined wresteling, because fans act like they know it all which in reality they have no idea about the inner workings of the business

Why are we to assume it is one wrestler's fault that ratings are down at any certain time or period? I have stated time and time again that if they want ratings, the whole damn show (haha get it,) has to be great. Monday Night Football was greater yesterday. Next week, Raw has a better chance to win because Brett Farve leads the sad Jets into San Diego to play the winless Chargers.

raw could never beat monday night football, and this nfl matchup i think will be even more trouble to raw then anyother since the chargers are one of the higest rating teams and bret farve awalys brings ratings on monday night

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back