CM Punk sucks

LOL

I can't decide if you're being serious or playing along.

I am being serious, as long as this

Instead, quality comes from the six tools of a professional wrestler; 5 are based on in-ring performance, and the sixth out of ring.

In-ring:

1. Storytelling
2. Psychology
3. Workrate
4. Selling
5. Charisma

Out-ring:

6. Promo ability

The better an individual is at each one of those things, the better worker they are. Notice NOTHING in there has to do with the style of a worker, or the offense he uses, but rather the abstract and deeper attributes of quality wrestling.

is still what makes a good wrestler

I am being serious, as long as this

is still what makes a good wrestler
You do realize the point of this thread, right?

The point of this thread was to show how the arguments people illogically used against Cena can be used against anyone, regardless of all facts that run contrary to common logic.

I was hoping you'd understand that. This thread was completely tongue-in-cheek. And hopefully, people can see that using those particular arguments don't really make any sense.

The point of this thread was to show how the arguments people illogically used against Cena can be used against anyone, regardless of all facts that run contrary to common logic.

I was hoping you'd understand that. This thread was completely tongue-in-cheek. And hopefully, people can see that using those particular arguments don't really make any sense.

I wasn't playing that much attention

Nevermind, I just reread the thread in its entirety. You're using reverse psychology. Forgive me, I've been slow lately.

I thought Disco had turned up to support Sly. Imagine my disappointment.

I'm so tired of the "real" wrestling fans spouting such bullshit. Let's go over a few things. You continue to bash wrestlers who "only know X amount of moves". There's not a wrestler in the WWE that strays away from there signature moves. I mean seriously, how many moves does Hunter use in his matches? WWE restricts the moves these guys do in the ring. Have any of you ever seen Punk's ROH stuff. This guy is incredible in the ring. He had numerous 5 star matches (according to Dave Meltzer) in a span of a couple of years. It's not Punk's fault that he's been paired with JBL and Batista so far.

And let's face it, nobody draws right now. Doesn't matter who's champion. Let's look at recent history. Cena, Batista, Edge, Undertaker, HHH, Orton, and Khali are recent World Champs on their respective shows. None of them have moved the needle one way or the other with any significance. The same shit gets old after a while. Give Vince some credit for trying something new. If it doesn't get the job done ratings wise, then so be it. But the same old shit hasn't been working either. Not much difference between a 3.3 and a 3.4. There's nobody out there who could pull a 4.5 anymore.

And finally, give Punk's character sometime to develop. I mean Jesus. The guys who are the most over with the crowds, either as face or heel, have been in the WWE for a long time. He'll find his niche, the same way SCSA, Bret Hart, Michaels, Hunter, Cena, and the rest of them did.

Om my God....2 days in a row I agree with Slyfox.......but damn it you bastard you are right. It was stupid arguing that people used against Cena. I sometimes count his moves when he's in a match and yeah its like 20....(u gotta count clothesline, backdrop, elbow drop, if its good enough for the video games, good enough for me damn it.). Yeah Punk does not do much for me as champ. But what Raw needs is a good heel not named JBL. A heel needs to take the belt off of him. Jericho maybe? Or a heel Batista. I would support that. Or....yeah RKO. One or two more months and he is back. Orton vs Batista maybe. Cena cannot have the title until after October 08....I say that because he "lost the title" in October 07...we need to wait a damn year. Some good money making wrerstlers go years without titles.

No no no, you don't see the truth do you? CM Punk doesn't suck because he can really wrestle. Sure he may only use four moves, but have you seen his matches? They are amazing. He uses drop toe holds, deep armdrags, hip tosses, and plenty of side headlocks. Don't you see that he can really wrestle, because that is what real wrestlers do. Occasionally he even does a suplex. Have you ever done a suplex? That takes real wrestling ability. You want real wrestling? Then watch ROH, every show blows Wrestlemania out of the water.

Czena suks.

Indy Punk sucks... end of story. Even though I LOATHE Cena with a highly-intense passion, I'd rather see him as champ over Punk. He's a waste of air time (on RAW at least)... every time he's on, I change it to Spike. No joke.

There was a RAW within the month where CM Punk vs Kane received the highest rating of that RAW. Obviously, CM Punk has not been built up with the exception of winning MITB but has not really been protected even after winning MITB. To judge and rate CM Punk after only holding the belt for such a short time is asinine because he hasn't been established as the World Champion and has not gone through any major feuds (one PPV with Batista is hardly a major feud). Also, with the new movement of younger talent being featured prominently, it shows a new direction that WWE is going by having CM Punk as Champion on RAW. I will agree that he is not a drawing champion at this time, but seeing the way he was pushed before winning the Title and the way that he was not protected, how can you expect him to draw as champion at this time. Because of that, he has to be rebuilt as the champion and grow his credibility. Batista, Cena, and the other top stars have been with the company for years and have been protected well (except for Orton's first title reign). It is much more valid and credible to make a statement like "CM Punk sucks" or not when he has established his position as Champion over a longer period of time. To say that he sucks when CM Punk just started his reign has hardly any true validity.

There was a RAW within the month where CM Punk vs Kane received the highest rating of that RAW.
Coincidentally, it was right at the top of the 10:00 hour, AND right after Josh Hamilton set a HR derby record.

To judge and rate CM Punk after only holding the belt for such a short time is asinine because he hasn't been established as the World Champion and has not gone through any major feuds (one PPV with Batista is hardly a major feud).
Excuses, excuses. I don't want excuses, I want facts, and facts are that Punk can't draw in the main-event.

I will agree that he is not a drawing champion at this time, but seeing the way he was pushed before winning the Title and the way that he was not protected, how can you expect him to draw as champion at this time.
Yes, it must be terrible to be intentionally debuted in front of smarks who will cheer you, get teamed with arguably the greatest faction of all time within your first few months on TV, be given a many month undefeated streak and two World titles, all in less than 2 years with a company.

Seriously, how does the WWE expect anyone to get over with that kind of booking?

To say that he sucks when CM Punk just started his reign has hardly any true validity.
I disagree. Completely.

Got to say that Sly's right again about Punk drawing. While watching RAW the other night, I couldn't help but notice how as soon as Punk's music hit, he came out to hardly any response. Hardly anyone stood up or cheered. Cena gets far better reactions than that. Kinda evident but I never noticed until he mentioned it.

Maybe Punk was good at getting over with smarks, but when it comes to the causal fan...he blows.

No one really starts off with a lot cheer behind them Cena was once booed like crazy with his rap gimmick(that I might add made him job and look foolish people said he sucked) and Triple H at the beginning of his career was never thought to go this far cause people thought he sucked. Punk never got a great build up on Raw he was built up on WWE's C show that not many watched or cared about but if you watched him in the last 2 weeks against Regal and against the team of JBL & Jericho he proved his worth. This man needs a proper build up and a good feud which he is perfectly capable of. WWE stars say he is the future and people are saying HBK vs Punk would be an amazing feud that would show Punk's real worth so please watch this man when he gets the shot. When he was announcing SNME he showed his great mic skills and remember at one point he was selling so much merchandise WWE was shocked cause he can get over and I honestly doubt smarks are spending so much just on Punk its casual fans. WWE just needs to let Punk get the mic and give a good promo that he can do and put him in a good feud with Jericho or HBK. JBL is a brawler and only works well with other brawlers normally and Punk is doing good with him. Punk is just a champion WWE isn't marketing, they just won't let him on the mic like they did other champions and he barely held the title so give the guy a shot he will surprise you and show you some great wrestling and btw junox50 what is the casual fan as WWE is trying to be marketed to kids not some people who go on the internet to complain about every little aspect of wrestling. Also you won't be complaining about Punk as much when Colt Cabana gets called up and they form an awesome duo. Plus you don't have to be a smark if you want to watch indy wrestling as it has future stars and amazing wrestling why don't you order an ROH PPV one day and see who you'll be rooting for or complaining about in a few years on this same forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back