CM Punk sucks

What proof do you have that it was any different when john cena was champion?
Nobody cares about Punk. Did you see his match with Snitsky weeks ago? No pop at all. Cena ALWAYS gets a pop, and people like him.

Punk just appeals to smarks, not real wrestling fans.

Cm punk is NOT stone cold however any wrestler can gain the popularity of stone cold,rock,cena etc if majorly pushed even cm punk

lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

The problem right now with CM Punk is that his character is so incredibly stale. OK so he doesn't drink, smoke, do drugs and whatev. When he first arrived in the WWE it seemed kind of edgy and cool, but now its just boring But other than that he is just so generic, he is generic on the mic, in the ring (for the most part) and even when he is just walking around. He doesn't look impressive and really hasn't given the fans any reason to "love" him. Now I don't change the channel on his matches, I cheer him if I am at shows, and don't buy merchandise.

I feel the only reason people cheer him is because of things he has done in the past (similarly to Samoa Joe) and not the wrestler he is now.

BTW I have seen some of The Prototype's indy work and it is pretty solid.

I blame Shawn Michaels for today's audience mindset. He was the very first babyface WWF World Champion fans decided to rebel against. I mean, they cheered Sid over him for Christ sakes. HBK sucks. Horrible draw. Horrible wrestler. Fuck him for starting the trend of booing babyface champions and making it a "cool" thing to do.

O..........................................k i guess you really hate cm punk huh? jesus christ what hatred!

No, you just said that they could push anyone to the moon and have them be as over as Stone Cold or the ROck. You, my friend...are WRONG.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Punk is only World Champion because he is Straight-Edge, with WWE going PG, it's good to have a "clean" superstar that can be a great role model for younger fans.

At the moment, I am not going to bash Punk's title reign, I'll give the guy a chance, but right now I am not impressed, I'll wait and see what happens at SummerSlam before I judge him.

Hmmm ... I personally have really like the Punk reign.
The ratings have not "declined" really ... still drawing between 3.4-3.6 regularly. I have to admit I kind of like Cena chasing a little more than with the title and I am not a huge fan of Batista as champion.
In the long run this might be a good chance to turn Punk heel ... which RAW could kind of use to go with JBL and Jericho. I think letting it play out a little longer is needed before really judging ... and I would not be surprised to see him keep the strap past Summerslam.

As for Sly ... I like ya man ... I tend to be a Cena man myself. But JUST because Cena is not the champion does not mean I need to bash every other champion out there.
Claiming that Punk only does five moves and then saying how much you like Cena seems a little hypocritical to me.

No, I watch wrestling. John Cena is a real wrestler, and the best wrestler in the world.

Really Echelon?

Are you really going to step into this thread and be like the other ones?

hey I'm just going by the logic that you've always proclaimed, unless you've changed your mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back