CM Punk does still equal ratings

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The September 15th addition of Monday Night Raw drew a low 2.7 rating. This could be due in part to the WWE insisting on Jobbing out CM Punk, but regardless, a horrible number for the WWE.

Poor CM Punk, his title reign was highly rated, and now this Jericho guy has the belt.

excuses, WWE Universe has told me all throughout teh summer that the WWE > NFL in the ratings. The WWE wouldn't lie to anyone. Punk = Ratings.

I still blame Punk for this. Fans turned on Raw, saw a CM Punk match, and turned it right off.

That's the difference between Punk and Cena. If Cena had been in the opening segment, they would have drawn a 3.3.

That's bs. No one on Raw could have gotten a 3.3. MNF starts half an hour earlier and had the biggest draw ever. No way you turn off a cage match in the first segment. No one was watching all night except maybe at halftime.

That's bs. No one on Raw could have gotten a 3.3. MNF starts half an hour earlier and had the biggest draw ever. No way you turn off a cage match in the first segment. No one was watching all night except maybe at halftime.
You say that, and yet, time and again, it's been proven that Raw has drawn much better than they did last night.

The difference? Punk?

No. The difference: A huge game with America's team playing one of their rivals on Monday Night Football, which always causes ratings to drop.

No. The difference: A huge game with America's team playing one of their rivals on Monday Night Football, which always causes ratings to drop.
You're kidding right?

Hell, just last week was Packers vs. Vikings, a bitter rivalry, and the Raw rating was a 3.0. And that was with no Punk. AND that was the first Monday Night Football game of the year.

No, your explanation has ZERO ground to stand on.

The Pack and the Vikings are nothign compared to the Eagles and Dallas. Not even close. If you think otherwise, you obviously know nothing about football.

The Pack and the Vikings are nothign compared to the Eagles and Dallas. Not even close. If you think otherwise, you obviously know nothing about football.
The Packers, with the first game for Aaron Rodgers after all the Bret commotion, on the first night of MNF, is every bit as big as Cowboys/Eagles.

Bullshit. First of all, Dallas and the Eagles last night was a shootout, which always gets mroe people interested. Last weeks game stated an hour and a half before this weeks. By the time Raw started, it was either halftime or past half. Last night's game started about 20 minutes before Raw, and was already a high scoring game. The NFL has far more viewers than Raw. You think that many people not watching Raw drove the ratings up that high for MNF? People were watching the game last night, not wrestling. Punk had nothing to do with it.

Also, if Punk was the problem and Jericho is the solution, then wouldn't Jericho being in the match have canceled Punk out?

Bullshit. First of all, Dallas and the Eagles last night was a shootout, which always gets mroe people interested. Last weeks game stated an hour and a half before this weeks. By the time Raw started, it was either halftime or past half. Last night's game started about 20 minutes before Raw, and was already a high scoring game. The NFL has far more viewers than Raw. You think that many people not watching Raw drove the ratings up that high for MNF? People were watching the game last night, not wrestling. Punk had nothing to do with it.
No, I'm saying that people not wanting to watch Raw, is what drove down Raw's ratings.

And that the MNF game had no greater affect on this week's Raw rating than last weeks.

Also, if Punk was the problem and Jericho is the solution, then wouldn't Jericho being in the match have canceled Punk out?
Who said Jericho was the solution?

I'm pretty pissed that the Football game crunched into TSCC ratings. If that show gets cancelled I'm going to be super pissed.

No, I'm saying that people not wanting to watch Raw, is what drove down Raw's ratings.

And that the MNF game had no greater affect on this week's Raw rating than last weeks.

Who said Jericho was the solution?

Come on Sly, you're smarter than this. WWE is nothign compared to the NFL. Last night, the game was easily what I was watching, and I'm a huge wrestling fan. I could care less who was wrestling. How do you think the casual fan treated it? The ratings answer that. A lot fewer watched, because the most popular team in the league was playing their second biggest rival on national tv. Raw could have had any two guys on it and the ratings would have been low.

Terminator is fucking awesome and much more improved over last year. T-1000 says it all. I just hate that fox has it on at 8 in the evening. That's a terrible timeslot for a show aimed towards 18-25 year old males. I hate Fox.

And I'll be pissed. I'm just pissed that Prison Break is on at 9 when that show jumped the Shark two years ago. Prison Break is god awful. Fox is going to notice how stupid they are tonight when House is on at 8 and gets half the ratings it did when it was on at 9.

Come on Sly, you're smarter than this. WWE is nothign compared to the NFL. Last night, the game was easily what I was watching, and I'm a huge wrestling fan. I could care less who was wrestling. How do you think the casual fan treated it? The ratings answer that. A lot fewer watched, because the most popular team in the league was playing their second biggest rival on national tv. Raw could have had any two guys on it and the ratings would have been low.

Monday November 14, 2005:

Monday Night Football: Cowboys vs. Eagles

Raw: 4.5 rating

You're wrong. Just admit it. It had no greater impact this week than last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back