• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CM Punk calls TNA "The Indies" Kurt Angle responds.

Update: @RealKurtAngle

I apologize to Tna and Wwe fans for My Comment. I don't expect Punk to apologize to Tna. But I'm sorry .respect4thebiz

Kurt's crazy if he thinks Punk owes Tna an apology.

Angle claims he makes more than Punk, I think I believe him, at least pre-residuals or certainly per appearance.

He also claimed to be returning to the Olympics, and frequently claims to preparing to try his hand at MMA. I don't place too much significance on what Angle claims.

I don't doubt, though, that he makes more per appearance than Punk, seeing how he only appears about half of the year, and Punk appears pretty much every week. Not really sure what the significance of that would be, though.

I wouldn't call it insignificant. Especially when the person getting less is putting down the company the other person works for.

But just because Angle supposedly makes more money per appearance (and possibly overall) competing in TNA, does not change the fact that in relative terms, the WWE is the "big leagues" and TNA is like the indies.

I doubt that Angle's making more than Punk. Angle may have been making more than Punk before he signed his new contract last year which supposedly pays Punk what guys like Cena and Orton are making, plus Punk sells a ton of merchandise and gets a percentage of sells.

At this point I expect Kurt Angle to make a jackass of himself on Twitter for the same reason I expect a dog to lick it's nuts in the middle of the living room. It's what he does.

At this point I expect Kurt Angle to make a jackass of himself on Twitter for the same reason I expect a dog to lick it's nuts in the middle of the living room. It's what he does.

And how did his tweets against Punk make him look like a "jackass"?

I love the obvious WWE bias on this forum.

Was what Punk said not disrespectful? So why are any of you upset about someone taking offense to it? If you spent as much time building your careers as someone like Angle did, you'd be pretty fuckin' upset when some holier-than-thou mother fucker comes along and trashes the company you willingly went to just to make a joke.

I love the obvious WWE bias on this forum.

Was what Punk said not disrespectful? So why are any of you upset about someone taking offense to it? If you spent as much time building your careers as someone like Angle did, you'd be pretty fuckin' upset when some holier-than-thou mother fucker comes along and trashes the company you willingly went to just to make a joke.

Well, in all fairness
Punk's a douche; we expect this.
Though you are right here.

Angle's drawn money.
Punk hasn't drawn a damn dime.
He has no voice here.

There are plenty of people who take a "holier-than-thou" attitude towards TNA. However, I am not sure that Punk qualifies as he is one of the few to actually have reason to trash TNA. That said, I would suggest that TNA is a markedly different company than it was when Punk was employed there. If anything, Punk is guilty of holding a grudge.

However, that does not mean that Angle's Twittah Machine should not be confiscated for the sake of his own sanity/reputation.

Angle would beat CM Punk in a fight. Even if Punk could land a few punches before Angle got into grappling range, I doubt he could do anything that Angle wouldn't shrug off. Once Angle could get a hold of Punk it would be all over.

I will say Angle-Punk would be so much better than Austin-Punk.

Obviously, but Austin-Punk is WAY sexier looking on a card than Angle-Punk.

Punk could probably win in a real fight, Angle and his amatuer wrestling techniques win't come all that handy in a fistfight. Punk is a deadly striker.

I don't mean to pile on, but Bacon, this is probably the dumbest thing I've read since Talon last spoke about... well, anything.

Not sure why I care, but this gets me a bit fired up. CM Punk wouldn't last 30 seconds with Angle, and that's being generous. I don't think Punk would land a single shot before Angle picked him up, dropped him and beat his face into the floor. Despite Punk's apparent martial arts knowledge, Angle is a world class fighter, even in his 40's. Punk has a 0% chance, seriously

Angle would beat CM Punk in a fight. Even if Punk could land a few punches before Angle got into grappling range, I doubt he could do anything that Angle wouldn't shrug off. Once Angle could get a hold of Punk it would be all over.

Even that's a stretch.

Angle's a drunken goof and Punk's a crybaby. End of story.

Барбоса;4066603 said:
However, I am not sure that Punk qualifies as he is one of the few to actually have reason to trash TNA.

Does the existence of a reason mean it is a justifiable one? Got his ass beat for being a brazen individual ill equipped to back up his talk (take notes those thinking he can beat Angle)? His company was associated with a pervert that was bad for business? If he really cares about decisions made based on pr then he should really hate WWE. Wasn't used well? He is worse than Foley harping on this subject conveniently.

That said, I would suggest that TNA is a markedly different company than it was when Punk was employed there. If anything, Punk is guilty of holding a grudge.

Pretty much.

However, that does not mean that Angle's Twittah Machine should not be confiscated for the sake of his own sanity/reputation.

But at the expense of our own amusement. I don't think his reputation off screen is salvageable anyway.

Барбоса;4066603 said:
There are plenty of people who take a "holier-than-thou" attitude towards TNA. However, I am not sure that Punk qualifies as he is one of the few to actually have reason to trash TNA. That said, I would suggest that TNA is a markedly different company than it was when Punk was employed there. If anything, Punk is guilty of holding a grudge.

Of course, but how many of them work for TNA and of those, how many are known for being so verbally disrespectful? How many of them have made as many enemies and consistently ruffled as many feathers as a guy like Punk has? The only one I can think of is maybe Samoa Joe.

My point is, this is nothing new for Brooks. He's a brash, arrogant and outspoken guy who's widely considered to have a holier-than-thou attitude, and that resonates across the industry, not just in the WWE locker room (where by all accounts he's made quite a few enemies and upset a number of names of note).

Again, why thrash Angle for defending his company when it's Punk who's talking shit? Why not thrash Punk for it?

Punk reminds me a ton of a modern day Shawn Michaels, minus the friends with power thing.

Again, why thrash Angle for defending his company when it's Punk who's talking shit? Why not thrash Punk for it?
Punks a dick with an awful hairdo who plays second fiddle to a man in bright colored t-shirts.

Punk reminds me a ton of a modern day Shawn Michaels, minus the friends with power thing.
I'm surprised Michaels could even answer a clamshell phone. I know my grandpa can't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back