Championship Region, Fifth Round: (3) Triple H vs. (12) Brock Lesnar

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Triple H

• Brock Lesnar

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Easily Brock Lesnar here, not only does he have two notable wins over Triple H

Against a part time good guy Trips... hardly the Game's prime.

but Triple H has a habit of putting over young talent the WWE wants to push to the next level. Batista, John Cena, Daniel Bryan, The Shield fall into this category.

See first rebuttal for all but Batista and removing 'good guy'. Batista falls into the same category as Sheamus - a personal Triple H project. He doesn't like you... you ain't getting jack... I've never seen any evidence of Brock falling into that category.

Triple H also has a habit of putting over older talent who are popular amongst the fans, Chris Benoit, Hulk Hogan, Goldberg all fall into this category.

All after beating the likes of SCSA, the Rock, Kurt Angle and Y2J and completely ignoring the guy who received loads of stick for refusing to put over the likes of RVD, Kane and Booker T.

I don't see anyway Brock Lesnar loses this match. Not during the first encounter anyways.

When Brock was heading up the 'B' brand, Triple H was screwing everyone out of title's on the 'A' show.

Vote: Brock Lesnar

Triple H was once thought a sure in to beat Naith's World title count only for him to move more into a backstage capacity (showing his respect for the industry). I'll take him over a sulky meat-head with zero respect.

This is coming from the person who last night made several posts, replete with rolling smiley faces, signatures and LOL's, about how he was right about someone using the term "Archetype" to refer to D&D's "Character Alignment" system.

And here we have yet another example of you not understanding that I didn't ever reference Dungeons & Dragons until you did. But I'm sure you'll just "read it and discard it." Because I mean, that's the easy thing to do, right?

Oh... and didn't you make mention of "why can't you face the whole argument"... and yet, you've certainly deleted a lot of my text.

Logic to you is like a condom. You make a mess out of it, throw it away when you're done, and never use the same one twice.

As opposed to, for you, logic is like losing your virginity. You've no idea what you're doing and within 30 seconds the person you're doing it with can clearly see that. However unlike virginity, you've made this last and last and last.

I think Lesnar would go over in this match, but for someone who's at pains to tell me how they're just playin', you don't seem to see how I'm using your bullshit arguments from the last thread to both support my own position and mock you at the same time.

Oh, I see how you're trying. You fail to see how it doesn't actually work the way you think it works.

Triple H has shown himself capable of beating Brock Lesnar, even if he is currently 1-2 against him.

Hogan is 0-1 against the actual Lesnar, and then 34708230-2 against people like Lesnar. Hence why Lesnar should have had at least a chance to beat Hogan, since he beat him post-Prime and Hogan has shown he can lose to bruisers.

Fit, I wouldn't multi-quote if I were you, you might be accused of being 99% bullshit.

Against a part time good guy Trips... hardly the Game's prime.

See first rebuttal for all but Batista and removing 'good guy'. Batista falls into the same category as Sheamus - a personal Triple H project. He doesn't like you... you ain't getting jack... I've never seen any evidence of Brock falling into that category.

All after beating the likes of SCSA, the Rock, Kurt Angle and Y2J and completely ignoring the guy who received loads of stick for refusing to put over the likes of RVD, Kane and Booker T.

When Brock was heading up the 'B' brand, Triple H was screwing everyone out of title's on the 'A' show.

Triple H was once thought a sure in to beat Naith's World title count only for him to move more into a backstage capacity (showing his respect for the industry). I'll take him over a sulky meat-head with zero respect.

Aside from Chris Jericho; the other three men have defeated Triple H at one point and time. Brock Lesnar defeated The Rock and Kurt Angle as well, on top of that he beat Hulk Hogan (someone who HHH couldn't beat during the same era) and The Undertaker (someone HHH failed to defeat 3 times at WrestleMania and once at King of the Ring).

As for RVD, Booker T and Kane being buried, it isn't something new, those three wrestlers lost plenty of matches before Triple H and plenty after him, beating them isn't really a big deal to Triple H's legacy, losing to them on the other hand would be something different. I never undestood why Triple H was the main target for those burying jokes.

As for your point on Triple H only putting over talent that he likes, it's true to an extent but you fail to realize Triple H is a fan of Brock Lesnar and has stated that in countless interviews from 2004-2010 he personally likes Brock Lesnar and has never had a problem with him. In fact, Triple H is one of the only people Brock Lesnar talks to when it comes to his career in the WWE and was the one who wanted to have a feud with Brock Lesnar when he returned to the WWE.

Vote: Brock Lesnar.

Let's go back to 2002, to the prime of both of these.

Brock destroys Hogan
Brock beats Rock
Brock is booked to beat Austin

Do you really think HHH is be the one to beat Brock, after he's beaten those 3? No, I do not think so. There's a reason HHH dodged Lesnar the first time around, it's because he would have been just another victim.

Let's go back to 2002, to the prime of both of these.

Brock destroys Hogan
Brock beats Rock
Brock is booked to beat Austin

Do you really think HHH is be the one to beat Brock, after he's beaten those 3? No, I do not think so. There's a reason HHH dodged Lesnar the first time around, it's because he would have been just another victim.

this is a kayfabe tourney, Brock didn't beat Austin, and if you can use what happens backstage to determine winners here the final four would always be Hogan, HBK, Ed Lewis, and Kevin Nash.

Yeah and you are so right Triple H wouldn't be the guy that beat Brock that honor would go to an unparalleled superstar like big show :/

HHH draws better? I mean has he drawn better, well maybe better than Brock in his prime?

Of course HHH draws better. Brock obviously cant draw, otherwise he wouldnt have a dick sword on his chest. Might as well have been a stick figure with a lazer gun.

Seriously, Hunter goes over here. I think the reaction for HHH when he came back from injury for the RR was bigger than any reaction Brock ever had. Plus, you know, 13 Heavyweight championships dont hurt either.

Plus Brock is dumb. Hunter is so cunningly smart, he married the bosses daughter while she was passed out. Brock isnt even cool. Trips is so cool, the bitch he basically kidnapped fell for him & then got married to him for real. Plus he was part of 2 of the coolest factions ever D-X & Evolution. Points Hunter.

For anyone that voted for Lesnar last round, there is no good reason to NOT vote for him this round. If you voted Lesnar against Hogan then there is absolute ZERO reason to vote for HHH here, absolute ZERO.

For that reason I'm voting Lesnar and that reason alone. I refuse to vote against a guy who beat Hogan last round especially considering how Lesnar's new opponent compares to Hogan (in case I didn't make it clear, HHH doesn't measure up to Hogan in ANY conceivable way).

Lesnar is one of the most dominant guys to ever lace up a pair of boots, he literally walked in the door and became bigger deal than Triple H when Triple H was in his long title reign on Raw in '02-'04. Lesnar wins.

Of course HHH draws better. Brock obviously cant draw, otherwise he wouldnt have a dick sword on his chest. Might as well have been a stick figure with a lazer gun.

Seriously, Hunter goes over here. I think the reaction for HHH when he came back from injury for the RR was bigger than any reaction Brock ever had. Plus, you know, 13 Heavyweight championships dont hurt either.

Plus Brock is dumb. Hunter is so cunningly smart, he married the bosses daughter while she was passed out. Brock isnt even cool. Trips is so cool, the bitch he basically kidnapped fell for him & then got married to him for real. Plus he was part of 2 of the coolest factions ever D-X & Evolution. Points Hunter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDnx_4WyRnQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRGQugQpjz8

Brock's return pop was larger and that was the biggest pop Triple H has ever gotten.

I'd like to think HHH in his prime could defeat a prime Lesnar, but he's definitely gonna feel it afterwards. They're gonna do a lot of damage to each other in this round for sure.

Lesnar's fatigued but this is his Cinderella run and he won't let it end to HHH. He went through a war last round but he came out of the cell as the winner. Let's not forget that he just beat Hulk freakin' Hogan which will give a shot of confidence to anybody going in to their next match.

Lesnar has beaten HHH twice. He's made him tap and he's pinned him. HHH has an advantage in that he is fresher, but Brock can still use a variety of submissions to hold down the Game and wear him down. Brock is also a freak of nature and can still use some of that strength for certain power moves and counters to HHH's offense.

A very physical battle, but Brock takes it when he locks on the kimura and makes HHH tap.

Ladies and gentlemen, my name is I Am Phenom and I am the advocate for Braaaaawwwk Lesnar and my client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the immortal Hulk Hogan. My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the immortal Hulk Hogan. MY CLIENT, BROCK LESNAR, CONQUERED THE IMMORTAL HULK HOGAN.

That alone should be enough of a reason to vote him through, but I see some of you are spiteful. Lesnar has routinely kicked Triple H's ass in the past year. "But Trips wasn't in his prime," I heard them cry. Well, news flash, neither was Brock and the only reason Brock didn't kick prime Triple H's ass is because of the brand split. Lesnar should go over here. Trips routinely lost to wrestlers of Lesnar's type. Warrior, Batista, 'Taker, and etc. This would be no different.

Vote Lesnar for the love of god ppl. Don't be cry babies because my client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the immortal Hulk Hogan.

Whats best for business is to have the man with 13 Championships booked over in a wrestling tournament against the part time fighting football player. Shooting Star faceplant scrambles Lesnar & he gets a Pedigree for the trouble. Plus I am pretty sure Brock is allergic to sledgehammers.

Crotch chops > Cock swords. Act like a degenerate and vote for Triple H.

I voted Brock over Hogan so I have to go with Lesner again here. I always thought Brock has been very underrated here, and would actually like to see him win this.

I've never seen a beat in my life.

We've managed to put Brock Lesnar in the Elite 8 of this Wrestlezone Tournament because of one major win. Are you guys really this nuts?

First of all, who in their right mind would think Hulk Hogan couldn't beat Brock Lesnar? Seriously. Now, we have him tied with HHH, someone who beat every meaningful wrestler numerous times in his career. I'm seriously pissed that I had to resort to voting for HHH just to help keep Brock Lesnar out of the Final Four of this tournament.

Remember, other than him ending the streak, Lesnar didn't draw money while on top, despite being fed every major wrestler the WWE had to offer. And what has Lesnar done since ending Undertaker's streak? Absolutely nothing.

Ridiculous, guys. Ridiculous.

Triple H is definitely better. All round The Game is a top superstar and doesn't look out of place in the Championship region. He is also perhaps my favourite wrestler of all time. Brock, however, ended The Undertaker's undefeated streak at Wrestlemania. Not one superstar has ever defeated Taker at Mania (Triple H had three attempts) but Brock has.

He did the unthinkable and has also defeated Triple H twice. If Brock can defeat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania then he can defeat anyone which is why Brock should win.

OK if the Rayne Eric bitchfest is over can we actually have a few more opinions here...

Firstly I remember Meltzer saying people who bitch about H's drawing ability are grossly mistaken and the machine that The Rock and H inherited was soooo in bloom. H drew more than Bret but then again, thats not saying much.

But Hunter defeated the returning MMA Brock who undoubtedly is more of a draw than 2002-03 Brock.

And where in the hell do we use the Streak Card finally in this tourney? Here it is, H tried twice and couldn't beat Taker but Brock did. Then again last Mania Brock was Hunter's prized scalp. Leaning towards Hunter based on that really.

HHH had 3 chances to end The Undertaker's undefeated win streak at Wrestlemania and failed to get the job done every single time. Paul Heyman's client, BBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOCCCCCKKKKKK LLLLEEEEEEESSSSSSSNNNNNNAAAAARRRRRRR, on the other hand had one shot... and he pulled it off.

Brock is tougher than HHH, he's a better wrestler than HHH, and he's what's #BestForBusiness. Because of those facts, he should go over in this one.

Oh fuck yeah THRICE I blanked out on that one, jeez.

One thing, Even when Brock was the Next Big Thing and then The Semi-Big Thing, he still drew me in. I mean it was Brock Vs Eddie on SD, "woah Brock Eddie" Then it was Brock/Benoit and that got me excited.

Back in 1999/2000 It was so with Triple H with Rock and Austin and Foley but to be honest with the exception to the Foley rivalry, H never drew me into the match, the other guy did. I knew Hunter was a big name but even then, I wouldn't just wanna see a HHH Vs X Pac match, but come 2002, Brock Vs lower mid guy, sure why not?

Get what I'm sayin'

Let me tell you the story about Iron Man, Iron Man is the owner of a company, so he's the same archetype as Triple H who is in charge of a company. So clearly, Triple H is Iron Man. Now Brock Lesnar is big and scary and has a really shitty tattoo, one of Iron Man's villains, Whiplash has a bunch of ugly tattoos. So really, the two are the same archetype. As we know from Iron Man 2, Iron Man totally beats Whiplash, so therefor it's safe to say Triple H (who belongs in Iron Man's archetype) can beat Brock Lesnar, because Lesnar has a dick tattoo and so does Whiplash (maybe)

Superheros don't tickle your fancy, let's try video games.

Triple H has a sledgehammer, Mario has a hammer, so really they belong in the same archetype because they both use hammers. Brock is big and scary with a long phallic object tattooed on his chest. Bowser is big and scary and with his dire need to kidnap women, he's obviously overcompensating for something. So really Brock and Bowser are in the same archetype. Mario beats Bowser in everything. Party games, go-karting, golf, tennis, etc. You name, Triple H -- Er I mean Mario has beaten Bowser in. So really, Triple H should win because #TeamHammer > #TeamCocksToTorsos

Hopefully DarksideEric will see the error of his ways with this fool proof logic of archetypes and alignments.

I like both guys but I'm leaning Lesnar.

Fact of the matter whoever Triple H beat, Lesnar beat them also (and usually to a pulp) The Rock, Kurt Angle, RVD etc

Even when you take away the fact that Brock Lesnar ended the Undertaker's streak (21-1) Lesnar absolutely decimated Undertaker back in 2002 and back then Undertaker was still tough.

Triple H is tough also and would take Lesnar to the limit but Lesnar is just tougher. The guy is a former UFC champion, you have to be really tough to be able to accomplish that.

At the end of the day whoever wins will be beaten and bloodied as fuck meaning the likelihood of them winning the next round is slim.

Are you guys really this nuts?

You know well we are.

Remember, other than him ending the streak, Lesnar didn't draw money while on top, despite being fed every major wrestler the WWE had to offer.

Pretty sure every PPV Brock has been on since his return had significantly increased buys from the years previous, see Extreme Rules.

And what has Lesnar done since ending Undertaker's streak? Absolutely nothing.

Really? You do know that was only a month ago right? You do remember that WWE wanted Lesnar so much they gave him the slackest contract we'll probably ever see? I'm sure if WWE could have him there every week they would.

Anyways, I haven't made up my mind on this one yet. Brock V Hogan had a pretty obvious winner, but this one less so. I know a lot of you guys are yelling 2-1 to Lesnar, but that's not all that different from 1-1. Both guys had pretty tough matches last week and Hogan in a HIAC match iss no cake walk.

I'd lean towards Brock, but I'm gonna wait out and hear some arguments both ways.

Let me tell you the story about Iron Man, Iron Man is the owner of a company, so he's the same archetype as Triple H who is in charge of a company. So clearly, Triple H is Iron Man. Now Brock Lesnar is big and scary and has a really shitty tattoo, one of Iron Man's villains, Whiplash has a bunch of ugly tattoos. So really, the two are the same archetype. As we know from Iron Man 2, Iron Man totally beats Whiplash, so therefor it's safe to say Triple H (who belongs in Iron Man's archetype) can beat Brock Lesnar, because Lesnar has a dick tattoo and so does Whiplash (maybe)

Superheros don't tickle your fancy, let's try video games.

Triple H has a sledgehammer, Mario has a hammer, so really they belong in the same archetype because they both use hammers. Brock is big and scary with a long phallic object tattooed on his chest. Bowser is big and scary and with his dire need to kidnap women, he's obviously overcompensating for something. So really Brock and Bowser are in the same archetype. Mario beats Bowser in everything. Party games, go-karting, golf, tennis, etc. You name, Triple H -- Er I mean Mario has beaten Bowser in. So really, Triple H should win because #TeamHammer > #TeamCocksToTorsos

Hopefully DarksideEric will see the error of his ways with this fool proof logic of archetypes and alignments.

I voted for Triple H just because.

Although I think Triple H would even up his 1-2 score against Lesnar anyway because he's shown he can beat Lesnar and Lesnar barely beat Hogan so he'd be hella tired.

So, at least on my side, you may get what you want with Lesnar being eliminated. :D

I like both guys but I'm leaning Lesnar.

Fact of the matter whoever Triple H beat, Lesnar beat them also (and usually to a pulp) The Rock, Kurt Angle, RVD etc

Brock Lesnar traded wins with Kurt Angle. Almost knocked himself out at Wrestlemania and tapped to him at Summerslam. RVD had Lesnar beat at Vengeance before Heyman interfered.

Even when you take away the fact that Brock Lesnar ended the Undertaker's streak (21-1) Lesnar absolutely decimated Undertaker back in 2002 and back then Undertaker was still tough.

A DQ at Unforgiven and a 30-minute HIAC in which Lesnar dominated for maybe 1/4th of the match.

Triple H is tough also and would take Lesnar to the limit but Lesnar is just tougher. The guy is a former UFC champion, you have to be really tough to be able to accomplish that.

HHH tore quads in two separate matches and still continued. I would say that's pretty tough.

Brock Lesnar traded wins with Kurt Angle. Almost knocked himself out at Wrestlemania and tapped to him at Summerslam. RVD had Lesnar beat at Vengeance before Heyman interfered.

A DQ at Unforgiven and a 30-minute HIAC in which Lesnar dominated for maybe 1/4th of the match.

HHH tore quads in two separate matches and still continued. I would say that's pretty tough.

Traded wins? Brock Lesnar won 2 out of the three matches he had with Angle, like he did with Triple H. What's more impressive than tearing quads and continuing a match? Being unconscious and winning the main-event at WrestleMania 19. Vince McMahon tore both his quads at the Royal Rumble 2005 and returned to the ring before Triple H did, I guess Vince is just as tough as Triple H.

Brock Lesnar very well could have kicked out in that match against RVD, we will never know but Brock Lesnar destroyed RVD at King of the Ring. Triple H on the other hand restored in using a sledge hammer and a steel chair to beat RVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back