Championship Region, Fifth Round: (3) Triple H vs. (12) Brock Lesnar

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Triple H

• Brock Lesnar

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brock Lesnar traded wins with Kurt Angle. Almost knocked himself out at Wrestlemania and tapped to him at Summerslam. RVD had Lesnar beat at Vengeance before Heyman interfered.
He still won the match he knocked himself out in.

A DQ at Unforgiven and a 30-minute HIAC in which Lesnar dominated for maybe 1/4th of the match.
He had flat out dominated Taker throughout his career

HHH tore quads in two separate matches and still continued. I would say that's pretty tough.

Yeah plenty tough enough to tap out when lesnar snaps his arm

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H9vROI3Wi4[/YOUTUBE]

He still won the match he knocked himself out in.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H9vROI3Wi4[/YOUTUBE]

I wouldn't call a DQ and interference from Vince in a match where the buildup saw Brock Lesnar get chokeslammed at the end of every Smackdown "dominating".

Both guys didn't draw very well from 2002-2004. At least you can say with HHH that he was the best guy remaining after Rock and Austin. What's Lesnar's excuse?

I know Rock was at his biggest when Austin left but I don't think he would have been as big if HHH wasn't at his best as a heel. I'll take 2000 HHH over any year of Lesnar.

Traded wins? Brock Lesnar won 2 out of the three matches he had with Angle, like he did with Triple H. What's more impressive than tearing quads and continuing a match? Being unconscious and winning the main-event at WrestleMania 19. Vince McMahon tore both his quads at the Royal Rumble 2005 and returned to the ring before Triple H did, I guess Vince is just as tough as Triple H.

This isn't a 'vote for HHH' post. This is a 'please stop overrating Brock Lesnar post'.

In Japan, when both Angle and Lesnar wrestled in Inoki Genome Federation, Angle made Lesnar tap clean to the Ankle Lock. As in he made Lesnar submit. Don't think HHH is above beating someone like Lesnar? All HHH has done is beat people that were over hyped and given major pushes in their careers. Goldberg, Scott Steiner, and many others fall into that category. HHH is just the kind of guy to shut down Lesnar's momentum.

[/quote]Brock Lesnar very well could have kicked out in that match against RVD, we will never know but Brock Lesnar destroyed RVD at King of the Ring. Triple H on the other hand restored in using a sledge hammer and a steel chair to beat RVD.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure HHH's match with RVD was an Extreme Rules match. I could be wrong. It's late where I am and I'm tired, but comparing what they've done with RVD is one thing. Compare how they've fared against Kurt Angle. HHH dominated Angle, while Lesnar has split the matches he's had with Angle between the WWE and in Japan.

He still won the match he knocked himself out in.[/tuote]

Think HHH won his match he tore his quad in, too. What's your point?

Can we stop using Undertaker as a comparison here? We get Lesnar ended the fabled Wrestlemania streak, something HHH couldn't do. You know what HHH COULD do? Beat Brock Lesnar. Under regular rules, it's a matter of who's more experienced in the ring, and for me, HHH would have that edge by quite a large margin.

If Paul Heyman doesn't interfere at Wrestlemania, HHH would have submitted Lesnar. Also that match was under either Extreme Rules or a Street Fight, not a regular match.

Brock Lesnar has beaten Hulk FREAKING Hogan and kept him out of the championship round. You know, the round were only the top make it and by doing so he has outshine anybody thus far. Yes, HHH beat his long life friend HBShizzle, but Hulkamania was kept shut from the championship round. Now, let's take into effect the stuff Brock has done lately in the WWE. He ate, slept, and CONQUERED THE STREAK. Okay, now that I have my usual Streak schtick out of the way, what has Brock done lately besides CONQUER THE STREAK? Oh that's right beat HHH twice. Yes, you can argue that HHH beat Lesnar at WM, but here's the thing: What's the difference between the SS and the WM bouts? Nothing cause both were NO DQ/Hardcore matches and don't come in and say that there's a difference between those stipulations cause we are the IWC and basically always say that all those 'hardcore" matches are all the same. So, yeah Brock takes out another legend down. Brock Wins!
Now, cue the usual Pancake with his wits against me.

Things you shouldn't count in Lesnar's favour:

1) Wins in this tournament. This isn't real and it didn't happen, so you shouldn't be voting for Lesnar because he beat Hulkamania.

2) Any argument that begins "my client Brock Lesnar etc. etc." All this does is to serve and prove the point that Lesnar needs someone else to do his talking, which is a major aspect of professional wrestling.

3) Brock Lesnar is shit.

Things you shouldn't count in Lesnar's favour:

1) Wins in this tournament. This isn't real and it didn't happen, so you shouldn't be voting for Lesnar because he beat Hulkamania.

2) Any argument that begins "my client Brock Lesnar etc. etc." All this does is to serve and prove the point that Lesnar needs someone else to do his talking, which is a major aspect of professional wrestling.

3) Brock Lesnar is shit.

NOTE ABOUT THE FINAL ROUNDS: The remaining three rounds are a one night only tournament in the style of King of the Ring. All damage from this round carries over to the next round and is based on the margin of victory. If someone wins a close match, they took a severe beating but survived. If someone wins a blowout, they didn't suffer as much damage.

1). Wins in this tournament do count, according to the original post all damage done in the previous rounds do have an effect on the wrestler's condition in the next round. If damage counts, wins count as well.

2). Mic skills isn't the be all end all of wrestling, many wrestlers succeeded without mic skills, Bret Hart, Goldberg, Chris Benoit, etc..

3). If Brock Lesnar is shit, then I wonder what that makes Triple H for getting beat by shit twice.

1). Wins in this tournament do count, according to the original post all damage done in the previous rounds do have an effect on the wrestler's condition in the next round. If damage counts, wins count as well.

2). Mic skills isn't the be all end all of wrestling, many wrestlers succeeded without mic skills, Bret Hart, Goldberg, Chris Benoit, etc..

3). If Brock Lesnar is shit, then I wonder what that makes Triple H for getting beat by shit twice.

1) It says damage from this round is carried forward as it's now a one night deal. That's how it works. Learn to read before being a smart arse.

2) Not one of those guys is in the conversation for best ever, as a place in the final 8 of this tournament is. None of them are worthy, none of them are here and neither should Brock be.

3) Someone who has been beaten in old age?

Learn to read before being a smart arse.

Just to correct you...

One week has passed since the third round, so some injuries or fatigue may be a factor.

That means damage from the last round, especially with how close a match could be, may carry over which results in injuries or fatigue.

2) Not one of those guys is in the conversation for best ever, as a place in the final 8 of this tournament is. None of them are worthy, none of them are here and neither should Brock be.

Lou Thesz is still in the tournament, was he known for his mic skills? And Hart has won one of these tournaments, how is he not worthy?

3) Someone who has been beaten in old age?

You mean the old age Triple H that beat Lesnar at Wrestlemania? The old age Triple H that beat Punk at Summerslam? Not sure if you can use old age as a factor for Triple H just yet...

Just to correct you...

That means damage from the last round, especially with how close a match could be, may carry over which results in injuries or fatigue.

Lou Thesz is still in the tournament, was he known for his mic skills? And Hart has won one of these tournaments, how is he not worthy?

You mean the old age Triple H that beat Lesnar at Wrestlemania? The old age Triple H that beat Punk at Summerslam? Not sure if you can use old age as a factor for Triple H just yet...

Just to tell you Lou Thesz was known for his mic work and ring skill. in the age of Gorgeous George it was speculated who talked the talked better between those two. And Thesz was top flight.

Just to tell you Lou Thesz was known for his mic work and ring skill. in the age of Gorgeous George it was speculated who talked the talked better between those two. And Thesz was top flight.

I see.

I don't know a lot about pre-80s wrestling, but I saw in prior tournaments people discussing how someone had mic skills better than Thesz, like it was a mark in their category rather than his.

I saw one that suggested Bruno had better mic skills than Thesz so I thought I'd ask in here since the whole "they aren't worthy because their mic skills suck" thing was brought up.

I see.

I don't know a lot about pre-80s wrestling, but I saw in prior tournaments people discussing how someone had mic skills better than Thesz, like it was a mark in their category rather than his.

I saw one that suggested Bruno had better mic skills than Thesz so I thought I'd ask in here since the whole "they aren't worthy because their mic skills suck" thing was brought up.

Not at all, Thesz wasn't Steve Austin on the mic, that said in his day and age, great promo's weren't even close to the same thing. If Austin would've done Austin 3:16 in Lou's day, no promoter would've touched him and our opinions now would be that he was the guy that never did anything in wrestling. So yes while promos are different now, Lou had great skill for his era.

You don't book someone to beat the immortal reigning champion Hulk Hogan only to have him lose to HHH, unless you're HHH. However, at this point in the tourney I assume that all matches are booked by either God or Freddie Blassie so I'm voting Lesnar.

Kind of surprised by how many are voting Lesnar here, but it's understandable given he's such a hot property at the moment. As dominant and great as Lesnar is, if I'm asking myself who has had the better career so far and who has meant more the business during their tenure, I'm going to give the edge to Triple H. He's a bit undervalued because of his authority role in the company and backstage politics, but his heel run in 2000 is pretty much the gold standard by which all heel title runs should be judged. He and Rocky held the fort down while Austin was injured and his role in that can't be undersold. Lesnar is a legit badass who drew more in the MMA world but in the wrestling world, I'd still rank Triple H above him. I could see the argument for him winning though.

Lesnar voters logic for the last two voters

Lesnar over Hulk Hogan because there aren't enough heels left
Oh Lesnar over Triple H because he went over Hulk Hogan

How does that even make sense?

Beaten The Undertaker at Wrestlemania - Point Brock
More times as World Heavyweight Champion - Point Triple H
Who won the feud between the two (2-1) - Point Brock
More times as WWE Champion - Point Triple H
More side achievements EG Royal Rumble and King of the Ring (2-2) - Even
Won more Wrestlemania Mainevents - Point Triple H

In terms of what they have actually done including time frame etc. they are pretty even however

Better in the ring - Triple H
Better on the mic - Triple H
Bigger name in Wrestling - Triple H

To top that off Brock Lesnar only just went over Hulk Hogan which would have drained him far more than Triple H's far more convincing win over HBK

So I'm voting Triple H

Lesnar voters logic for the last two voters

Lesnar over Hulk Hogan because there aren't enough heels left
Oh Lesnar over Triple H because he went over Hulk Hogan

Because no booker in their right mind would book Lesnar over HHH after Lesnar just beat HOGAN and the reigning champion of this tournament.

Is Triple H a greater wrestler? Yes. Is his influence much greater than Lesnar's? Yes. I agree with all of that but it makes zero sense for Triple H to beat Lesnar at this point, in this match, in this tournament, it just doesn't make sense. As GSB said the only person that would book that is Triple H.

Even though the OP says vote for who's greater most people do not follow that in this tournament? Why? Because it would be boring as fuck, the same people would ALWAYS win and what fun is that? In the circumstances of this match I can say without question that Lesnar would beat Triple H given what happened last round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back