• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Behold him as World Champ?

Bray Wyatt = World Champ

• [COLOR="Green"] Yes! [/COLOR]

• [COLOR="Red"] No! [/COLOR]

Results are only viewable after voting.

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
So its about the so-called "New Face Of Fear" Bray Wyatt .... He hasnot done anything to accomplish himself as the face of fear.... but the question is that

Do you want to see Wyatt as World Champ anytime in future?

For me, its a big Yes! Yes! Yes! (Bryan effect) :p

Reasons are pretty simple.... He is totally underrated in-ring worker.... He can give awesome matches... He is an awesome mic worker.... His promos are creepy but arenot they supposed to be? Has an awesome moveset! Spider Walk is just amazing.... Sister Abigail as finisher is awesome too.... (By the way, I think Asuka can be his Sister Abigail).... His gimmick is awesome too atleast for me and the entrance is great..

So unlike in Ambrose's case, you have two choices only.... Wana see him as World Champ and main eventing Wrestlemania? Yes or Not? :suspic:

And question is all about your choice to see him as champ or not? Just tell what you want but not what will happen!

:worship: Jai Mata Di! :worship:

The thing with Bray Wyatt is that since he debuted he's never been interested in winning any title of any kind. He and his family instead have been about saving people, turning them from good to evil, or tormenting them. There has never been any mention of him holding a belt, he wants to either save the world or destroy it.

That's the way his character has been played up since the beginning and it would look silly if all of a sudden he went after the WHC. It wouldn't be characteristic of him at all. And that's probably what has bothered me so much about him. He stops others from getting chances at the title, ie-Reigns at the MITB, but doesn't seem interested in having it for himself.

His feuds also don't have any rhyme or reason. They start out of nowhere, we are treated to a scenario of smoke and mirrors for a month or so, and then the whole thing ends in usually a loss at the next PPV. Then we start the cycle all over again.

His character is very unique in the fact that he isn't after a title, and either he should stay away from them like he has, or go after them, can't have it both ways. It just wouldn't make sense. I'm sure at some point in time things will change and he will go after the WHC, but the whole Bray Wyatt character will have to undergo a complete 360 for that to happen.

A face Wyatt would be interesting, or a Wyatt that goes after the Authority would be even better, and I have no idea why he hasn't done that. Didn't he go on about bringing the machine down, or has that been shelved.

As for the spider walk, it's now boring, he's used it too often. And they should have introduced a female into the group when he was going on about Sister Abigail. Creatively they have missed the boat on Wyatt so many times it's not funny.

I don't think it needs to be a 360.
It could be as a simple as, for me anyway, "For 2 long years, haha, I have traveled this place and showed you all.." "But last night, I had a vision. A vision of a new place. A place that is truely the home of my family. And that begins with my brother, Strowman, as the IC Champion. With my brothers, Rowan and Strowman, as the tag team champions.. And for me, well I don't want it, but I have been called by Sister Abigail to ascend that ladder, and take that so called crown, the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, and lead you all..."

That would work for me. especially if he says he is called, it's not what he wants but he must follow sister Abigail.

Absolutely I do. I love his in ring work as well as his character.

However he needs to start winning feuds. He's lost pretty much every feud except the latest against the Dudleys. A good start but nowhere near where he needs to be to make him as champ believable. Not to mention the whole fact that he's never even mentioned wanting a title.

He's got the whole package he just needs better booking.

Get on it creative.

he just needs better booking.

This is what this question boils down to me for me. Do I think that Bray is deserving enough or talented enough? Yes. Kapu did a good job listing his talents, and in today's WWE landscape Wyatt stands out greatly. My only issue with wanting the title on him is my trepidation about how WWE gets Bray from being where he's at to being the WWE Champion. Not to say it'd be terribly hard to get me invested in anything that gave Wyatt some momentum, but WWE has surprised me before.

Short version: yes, but with an asterisk.

The thing with Bray Wyatt is that since he debuted he's never been interested in winning any title of any kind. He and his family instead have been about saving people, turning them from good to evil, or tormenting them. There has never been any mention of him holding a belt, he wants to either save the world or destroy it.

That's the way his character has been played up since the beginning and it would look silly if all of a sudden he went after the WHC. It wouldn't be characteristic of him at all. And that's probably what has bothered me so much about him. He stops others from getting chances at the title, ie-Reigns at the MITB, but doesn't seem interested in having it for himself.

His feuds also don't have any rhyme or reason. They start out of nowhere, we are treated to a scenario of smoke and mirrors for a month or so, and then the whole thing ends in usually a loss at the next PPV. Then we start the cycle all over again.

His character is very unique in the fact that he isn't after a title, and either he should stay away from them like he has, or go after them, can't have it both ways. It just wouldn't make sense. I'm sure at some point in time things will change and he will go after the WHC, but the whole Bray Wyatt character will have to undergo a complete 360 for that to happen.

A face Wyatt would be interesting, or a Wyatt that goes after the Authority would be even better, and I have no idea why he hasn't done that. Didn't he go on about bringing the machine down, or has that been shelved.

As for the spider walk, it's now boring, he's used it too often. And they should have introduced a female into the group when he was going on about Sister Abigail. Creatively they have missed the boat on Wyatt so many times it's not funny.

Totally agree with you..... Except that Spider Walk is boring... It was not just used properly for recent time and i hope you liked how he did Spider Walk at TLC and then executed with Uranage suplex to D-Von through the table thus eliminating while he was setting up the table? :suspic:
I also think he did tease that he wants MITB as for attacking Roman Reigns during the MITB match, he gave the reason that Reigns took his opportunity to compete in the match.... Wasnot it a tease or i am imagining? :rolleyes:

I don't think it needs to be a 360.
It could be as a simple as, for me anyway, "For 2 long years, haha, I have traveled this place and showed you all.." "But last night, I had a vision. A vision of a new place. A place that is truely the home of my family. And that begins with my brother, Strowman, as the IC Champion. With my brothers, Rowan and Strowman, as the tag team champions.. And for me, well I don't want it, but I have been called by Sister Abigail to ascend that ladder, and take that so called crown, the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, and lead you all..."

That would work for me. especially if he says he is called, it's not what he wants but he must follow sister Abigail.

Brilliant idea buddy! :worship:
But doesnt He refer to them as "sons" rather than "brothers"? :shrug:

Absolutely I do. I love his in ring work as well as his character.

However he needs to start winning feuds. He's lost pretty much every feud except the latest against the Dudleys. A good start but nowhere near where he needs to be to make him as champ believable. Not to mention the whole fact that he's never even mentioned wanting a title.

He's got the whole package he just needs better booking.

Get on it creative.

Yes.... This is my only problem with Wyatt! His booking... I mean He initiates a unreasonable feud everytime (But i am ok with it) then loses the feud.... Thats the whole story.... Remember Brock's shirt during Wrestlemania 30? Well here is one for Bray Wyatt

Initiate
Lose
Repeat

I am happy he is going over ECW originals atleast... Would want him as face against LoN and Authority!

This is what this question boils down to me for me. Do I think that Bray is deserving enough or talented enough? Yes. Kapu did a good job listing his talents, and in today's WWE landscape Wyatt stands out greatly. My only issue with wanting the title on him is my trepidation about how WWE gets Bray from being where he's at to being the WWE Champion. Not to say it'd be terribly hard to get me invested in anything that gave Wyatt some momentum, but WWE has surprised me before.

Short version: yes, but with an asterisk.

Goddamnit Butcher! So High level English? :banghead:
I had to find the meanings of trepidation and asterisk .... Yeah I know i am weak in english :(

By the way, back on topic, My only concern with Wyatt like you is his lame booking... There is no problem of Crowd Reaction with him like Reigns has.... If i remember correctly, Wasnt crowd supporting him against Cena? Even as a heel, he gets cheered so if he turns face, crowd reaction would be great too! I lovd Wyatt :rolleyes:

By the way does anyone else feels like me that he is overshadowed by his family now? and i had this fear before they reunited :shrug:

I feel like it is pretty simple to put Bray in the title picture. He can say something along the lines of 'I have a new vision. I will stop you from claiming the title by taking it myself' It is simple and makes the title a nice goal for him to aim for. He can then use his three guys to win. Then the former champ/ new contender have four guys to work with.

I think there are a bunch of nonsense perceptions about Bray Wyatt that skew the way some people view him.

For one, Bray wrestles a very slow, halting, methodical, sort of style in an era full of spot-monkeys and high-fliers. As a result, he is accused of "not knowing how to wrestle" or "being a shitty wrestler", when in reality, his style is perfect for the Bray Wyatt character. It's hard-hitting, psychological, and he spends much of the match working over the crowd. He may not be doing suicide dives or superkicks, but it works for him. Personally, I enjoy Bray Wyatt in the ring more than most. At least he's a unique wrestler in a cookie-cutter wrestling company. He's one of the very few.

Secondly, Bray has never denounced championships. And he has targeted the World title at points in his career. His whole feud with Roman Reigns was over the fact that he cost Wyatt a chance at the WWEWHC. He said something along the lines of "you took my Holy Grail" or something like that. He can VERY EASILY be placed into the World title picture without having his character overhauled as he has shown with that promo. That's the beauty of the Wyatt character. There's so much that can be done with it.

As you can guess, I'm a big Wyatt fan and I'd be all for a Wyatt title run eventually. I think that's a given at this point really. He may not have cemented himself as a top guy like Seth Rollins or Roman Reigns has, but I think he HAS cemented himself as an uppercard-main event attraction. I don't see him ever falling off WWE's radar. He's 28 years old so assuming his career lasts another decade or so, it's kind of tough to imagine Bray never winning a World title in his career.

I think there are a bunch of nonsense perceptions about Bray Wyatt that skew the way some people view him.

What are the nonsense perceptions of which you speak. Bray Wyatt has never shown any interest in winning a title of any kind. I think there is only one time he was in a title match, and that was a 4 way. If it was even for the title, I can't remember. Harper is the only one of his family that has held a title so far and that wasn't for very long.

In none of his rambling promo's since he debuted, I can't remember him ever talking about going for a title, targeting a title holder or even mentioning the word. I get the impression that titles are meaningless to him, or even beneath him, he is after bigger fish to fry so to speak. I go by what I see or hear on the screen, so unless you've heard something different, then please tell us what it is.

For one, Bray wrestles a very slow, halting, methodical, sort of style in an era full of spot-monkeys and high-fliers. As a result, he is accused of "not knowing how to wrestle" or "being a shitty wrestler", when in reality, his style is perfect for the Bray Wyatt character. It's hard-hitting, psychological, and he spends much of the match working over the crowd. He may not be doing suicide dives or superkicks, but it works for him. Personally, I enjoy Bray Wyatt in the ring more than most. At least he's a unique wrestler in a cookie-cutter wrestling company. He's one of the very few.

No one has mentioned his wrestling style, and it does suit him. And no one on the thread said he's a shitty wrestler. This is about should he ever hold a title. If he ever decides to go for one, then like some have said his vision would have to change from what it is now.

Secondly, Bray has never denounced championships.

No but he's never mentioned wanting one either. Always thought it was rather strange he be in main event matches when clearly the title means nothing to him.

Bray Wyatt can't get over alone. The Wyatt Family has became such a big part of his character that he cannot make it without them. Imagine Jake the Snake without Damien, Undertaker without Bearer, they're not the same. That's just my spin on it, having the family around him makes him appear more dominant.

Bray Wyatt is an all around unique character and a good mic worker. His ring work is mediocre to me though. I've just always been a fan of quality matches - promos can only carry you so far(The Miz). I've yet to see a Wyatt singles match in which I have been blown away and that even includes him working with Cena.

Do I think he deserves a run with the world title? No. But do I think he will receive one? Yes. Vince referenced him in a podcast(think the Austin podcast) as a guy that he sees as a big part of WWEs future. So I don't get all alarmed by him. Don't perceive this as Wyatt hate because he's actually my favorite of the homegrown talent.

I think anyone who has every read any of my posts will clearly know my answer to this question. The only title belt I want to see around Bray Wyatt's waist (well actually, over his shoulder for obvious reasons) is the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. Because I stopped watching TNA over two years ago.

For me, Bray Wyatt fluctuates between channel changer to sleep producer to coma inducer. He cuts the exact same promo every single week against every single one of his opponents, and as a general rule of thumb, when the feud comes to its inevitable conclusion, he generally loses. And then he randomly moves on to the next random opponent, and the barrage of incoherent rambling starts all over again. Some will blame this on creative more so than Wyatt himself, and there may in fact be a shred of validity to this opinion. But for me, it still doesn't change the facts. The dude is more stale than the loaf of bread I bought 2 weeks before Christmas. While I originally thought his mic skills were pretty good, and I think they still can be, he has got to start saying something, anything different than what he has been babbling for a couple of years now. His in ring skills are average at best. And for me, he simply doesn't make a connection, something which is essential in my opinion.

I am not suggesting he be released or anything dramatic like that. I was only kidding about the TNA stuff in my opening paragraph. I feel the dude does fill a vital niche in WWE. I mean, the shows are typically three hours long, and you've got to go get a snack or use the washroom at some point, right? He can occupy a mid card role and be involved in feuds like he has been, feuds where no hardware is at stake, feuds where you can watch them if you want but can equally tune them out if it's not for you. But until he can come up with some new rhetoric, something new to say which he hasn't said one hundred times before, I say keep him far removed from the pinnacle of the largest professional wrestling company in the world. He simply doesn't deserve it at this stage of his career. And I'm not sure he ever will.

What are the nonsense perceptions of which you speak.

Read on and learn.

In none of his rambling promo's since he debuted, I can't remember him ever talking about going for a title, targeting a title holder or even mentioning the word. I get the impression that titles are meaningless to him, or even beneath him, he is after bigger fish to fry so to speak. I go by what I see or hear on the screen, so unless you've heard something different, then please tell us what it is.

I already did. You chose to ignore it.

In regards to why Bray attacked Reigns at MITB: "Two weeks ago, you stole my opportunity! I could've changed things man. I could've been that beacon of hope that this world so desperately needs -- But you selfishly denied me."

Now go ahead and tell me that me that he didn't LITERALLY say the words WWE Championship. As if it's not completely implied.

No one has mentioned his wrestling style, and it does suit him. And no one on the thread said he's a shitty wrestler. This is about should he ever hold a title. If he ever decides to go for one, then like some have said his vision would have to change from what it is now.

I didn't say there were false perceptions of his wrestling style on this thread. I said there were false perceptions in general about his wrestling style. Too many times I hear people say that he can't work a match or he's the worst wrestler in the company. I'm explaining why somebody doesn't have to be a spot-monkey to be a good wrestler.

You act as if Wyatt has to be re-packaged to go for a friggin title. It's quite ridiculous. This is pro-wrestling, all it takes is a promo.

No but he's never mentioned wanting one either. Always thought it was rather strange he be in main event matches when clearly the title means nothing to him.

Friggin hilarious how you leave out the other part of my quote. The part where I said his whole feud with Reigns was based around the fact that Reigns took him out of the MITB match and cost him a shot at the WWEWHC. You can choose to have selective hearing, but that doesn't make my point any less true.

I don't want to argue with you. If there is one thing I've learned, it's that we will never agree on Bray Wyatt.

I would like to see him in the world title picture because he's actually a character and not a generic "I'm gonna beat you up" character.

But he doesn't need the World Title to be interesting, so it's almost like an oxymoron for him that keeps him away from it. Compared to most of the roster now, he is probably the most unique, and everyone loves to compare him to the Undertaker, I wouldn't go THAT far, but I will say the way he brings the Bray Wyatt character to life, is deserving of some stronger push.

Now, he just got done feuding with Roman Reigns, but bringing back the anyone but you Roman storyline back up, now that Roman has won the title, isn't so far fetched, and I think Bray could find a way to make Roman interesting (Amazing).

Anytime you hear Vince, or other backstage authorities talk about potential in superstars, Bray Wyatt ALWAYS gets mentioned almost immediately, so you know Vince knows that the character is gold.

People bringing up wins/losses, and how Bray always puts his opponents over at the end of the feud, please realize, that wins/losses only count when there's something ACTUALLY on the line. You can go 0-12, then just win the Royal Rumble, and be the #1 contender. Bray's feuds are almost always in the loss column, because he's still going to be over after losing, while whomever beats him is going to get over. They've taken characters that looked pathetic, like Sheamus, and made them into World Champion in no time at all. It's really not THAT long of a shot to put Bray as a winner in the Royal Rumble, he's at least in the top 5 in chances to win.

Oh, and the idea that Bray can't be pushed as a top heel because people cheer him, the current champion LITERALLY got booed out of arenas for a year straight as a face, and they still shoved him down our throats as the hero.

With the likes of Lesnar, Cena, Orton, Rollins and Reigns practically nailed-on as the Main Event guys for the next couple of years. I think Bray Wyatt is vying with the likes of Kevin Owens and Dean Ambrose, in particular, to be the next guy to get a big push and make the jump to the next level.

Now, based on their booking thus far, it does seem the Owens might be ahead of the other 2, given WWE have been giving both Ambrose and Wyatt more of 50-50 booking and an upper-midcard role in the past year.

However, IF there is a chance of the Authority finally being ended by Reigns at Mania, I do feel the Wyatt family in particular could be in line for a big push to Top Heel status, and given their strength in numbers, having them be a central piece in major storylines could see some great battles with the various babyface stars present currently and see them near the top Post-WM32. Thus, Bray Wyatt would definitely be in line for a WWE WHC shot and maybe even a title win within the next year/year and a half.

The whole notion that something about the character fundamentally disqualifies him from any title is ludicrous at best. Does each wrestler have to declare their intent when they debut, what belts they're interested in? The fact that Wyatt hasn't mentioned a belt is irrelevant; anyone who has laced up the boots and wrestled in WWE declares that intent by walking down the ramp to the ring.

Everyone from Gillberg and Santino to the Undertaker and Shawn Michaels declared that intent when they debuted, regardless of circumstance. It's part of the entire premiss of scripted combat sports; you're there to win, the epitome of winning is becoming champion.

The logistics and realistic nature of being champ is another point. Wyatt has not been booked to win any big ones. He won feuds over Dean Ambrose and Daniel Bryan, but has lost to John Cena and the Undertaker. Cena is particular should have laid down for Bray, even just once in their three matches.

Now's not the time for Wyatt, but 2016 could be. Wyatt needs to win, and win relatively on his own (but this is WWE). WWE needs heels now, but I would consider booking the Wyatt family as tweeners in early 2016. They could lock up with the League of Nations at WrestleMania.

I'd even consider Wyatt for the Triple H match at Mania. I don't think Reigns vs Triple H happens at Mania, it'll main event the Rumble and have a rubber match at Fastlane. Let the other three Wyatts wrestle the League at Mania.

Bray goes over the boss at Mania, then can follow that up with a big build to SummerSlam, which is where I would have Wyatt re-turn heel. Triple H similarly had a tween run in late 2000 to feud with Benoit and Angle, then re-up his heel game when Austin returned. Why not get Wyatt over further by feigning a walk into the light, only for him to blow that light out?

I think this makes a lot sense. Coming upon SummerSlam, we should have Rollins, Orton, and Cesaro all returned or returning as big babyfaces. I'd prefer Rollins to stay heel, but we've been hearing all those rumours.

Wyatt needs some big wins, it should start at Mania with a big opponent, and very few are available. I like putting Triple H here, but he may be working a main event triple threat if they go ahead with booking that match there.

A lot of guys don't mention wanting titles for quite a while, then go on to be world champion. Particularly heels, who don't generally share intimate details of their hopes and dreams. They've invested in Wyatt and he's very over, the only major thing hurting him has to be his height. With good booking and a series of wins he could go far.

For one, Bray wrestles a very slow, halting, methodical, sort of style in an era full of spot-monkeys and high-fliers. As a result, he is accused of "not knowing how to wrestle" or "being a shitty wrestler", when in reality, his style is perfect for the Bray Wyatt character. It's hard-hitting, psychological, and he spends much of the match working over the crowd. He may not be doing suicide dives or superkicks, but it works for him.

I agree completely. Bray Wyatt is a 250+ pound guy in a business where more and more of the top guys coming out are probably in the 180 to 220 pound range. Now if someone's a high flyer or uses a few high spots here and there, that's perfectly fine. However, just because a wrestler's entire arsenal isn't made up of various planchas, suicide dives, moonsaults or various other high spots doesn't mean that he doesn't know how to wrestle. In my mind, most of the guys who rely almost entirely on such things are the ones who don't know how to wrestle as they can't tell a story, have little to no real personality and hardly do any damn bit of selling because they're too busy setting up for their next high spot.

It's no secret that the expectations of some fans is beyond ridiculous and, in some ways, is a bit disturbing and, ironically, about as one dimensional as they accuse other fans, WWE creative, etc. of being. The mind set of many of those fans is that, whether a heel or a face, he has to be some super badass, has to be able to do corkscrew moonsaults, pulls out all kinds of various dangerous high spots out of his ass during every match, has to have technical skills to rival that of Kurt angle and has to have promo skills like the Rock or else he's labeled as someone who can't wrestle.

Bray Wyatt will be WWE World Heavyweight Champion someday. There hasn't been any rush to put gold on Wyatt and it's a bit understandable when you think about it. I've used Cena and Orton loads of times as the ultimate example of WWE overly exposing and pushing two young guys to such an extend that they have virtually nothing left to do by the time they're 30. Even though his appearance and character make him seem quite a bit older, Wyatt is only 28 years old and whenever I read where someone has sort of written Wyatt off, I'm put in mind of the Undertaker. Taker won his first WWF Championship a year after his debut at Survivor Series 1990, held onto it for 6 days and didn't win another championship, mid-card or otherwise, until defeating Psycho Sid at WrestleMania 13 some 5.5 years after winning his first WWF Championship. As hard as it is to think of Taker as a mid-card guy, that's pretty much exactly what he was until beating Sid for the title. I wonder how many people wrote Taker off during the 5.5 long years it'd take for him to start to cement himself as one of the top dogs of his generation.

I'm not saying that Wyatt will be the next Undertaker, I'm simply saying that there's quite a helluva lot of time for Wyatt to move to that next level, barring injury or earning heat for himself backstage. He's a very young man right now as much as it might be frustrating to see talented guys having to wait, it's even more frustrating to me to watch them pass a title around every 30 days or so. Seth Rollins will be 30, at the very least, by the time he has another opportunity, Dean Ambrose turned 30 earlier this month, Roman Reigns has been 30 for more than half a year and the future looks eternally bright for them.

In regards to why Bray attacked Reigns at MITB: "Two weeks ago, you stole my opportunity! I could've changed things man. I could've been that beacon of hope that this world so desperately needs -- But you selfishly denied me."

Now go ahead and tell me that me that he didn't LITERALLY say the words WWE Championship. As if it's not completely implied.

Friggin hilarious how you leave out the other part of my quote. The part where I said his whole feud with Reigns was based around the fact that Reigns took him out of the MITB match and cost him a shot at the WWEWHC. You can choose to have selective hearing, but that doesn't make my point any less true.

I don't want to argue with you. If there is one thing I've learned, it's that we will never agree on Bray Wyatt.

I totally missed him saying that, sorry. But even so, he's had one feud over the last two years over missing a title opportunity, one. All that was, was an opportunity if I remember correctly was to be in a fatal 4 way, which Cena ended up winning.

So Roman beat Wyatt in a match, Wyatt got mad, cost Reigns chance at the title and he's done nothing about it since. He has never, ever, gone after a wrestler who's been holding the title, doesn't go anywhere near them unless they haven't got it.

There must be some reason that creative is holding him and his family back. Could be the title scene is just a tad crowded at the moment, or they could have bigger plans for him. But you can't base the fact that he wants the WHC based on one promo over a two year period.

I would love to see Wyatt as champion, but WWE would have to put a good 6 months or so worth of strong booking to make him seem credible. As others have stated, Wyatt is the whole package. He has a unique look, good in ring skills, fantastic mic ability and a great character. But he's lost far far too much since his debut to be seen as a credible threat. WWE would have to book him strong for a long period to wash away his less than stellar run up until now.

Fortunately for Wyatt, the mystical nature of his gimmick could really benefit him in this way. I'd book him similar to Kane or Undertaker. Have something happen to Wyatt to 'awaken' him or something spooky like that. Maybe debut Sister Abigail or give him a magic urn or even the title itself or something. Make it seem like, with this new power Wyatt is stronger than ever. Then have him steamroll a bunch of credible baby faces. Ideally I'd have him destroy former adversaries who beat him (Like Cena and Reigns, as if that would happen). Having him demolish people who previously defeated him would make it look like his career up until this point had been practice. Have the commentators constantly bring up that Wyatt wasn't at full power up until this point, make his previous defeats look like flukes. As I said before, the supernatural elements of his character could easily make it believable (at least in Kayfabe terms) that he would all of a sudden be tough enough to beat anyone.

Bray Wyatt can't get over alone. The Wyatt Family has became such a big part of his character that he cannot make it without them. Imagine Jake the Snake without Damien, Undertaker without Bearer, they're not the same. That's just my spin on it, having the family around him makes him appear more dominant

I strongly disagree with your opinion :banghead:
You are saying Wyatt cant get over alone? I think he was much much over when he was alone having no family around him! I agree that now he is being overshadowed by Luke Harper and Braun Strawman.... But he can get over without his family...

I totally missed him saying that, sorry. But even so, he's had one feud over the last two years over missing a title opportunity, one. All that was, was an opportunity if I remember correctly was to be in a fatal 4 way, which Cena ended up winning.

So Roman beat Wyatt in a match, Wyatt got mad, cost Reigns chance at the title and he's done nothing about it since. He has never, ever, gone after a wrestler who's been holding the title, doesn't go anywhere near them unless they haven't got it.

There must be some reason that creative is holding him and his family back. Could be the title scene is just a tad crowded at the moment, or they could have bigger plans for him. But you can't base the fact that he wants the WHC based on one promo over a two year period.

It wasnot just one promo in 2 years! It was a 4 month long feud with Roman Reigns where he cost Reigns a chance at WWE World Heavyweight Championship because Reigns defeated him to proceed in the MITB match..... He didnot let him wim because he lost his chance.... So i think its quite clear that he has teased it but will only go after it when Vince gives nod to it..... :shrug:

I strongly disagree with your opinion :banghead:
You are saying Wyatt cant get over alone? I think he was much much over when he was alone having no family around him! I agree that now he is being overshadowed by Luke Harper and Braun Strawman.... But he can get over without his family...

Be my guest and disagree. Luke Harper went on to have a short Intercontinental title reign, forgettable but he won. Erick Rowan for whatever reason started feuding with his old stablemate. What was Bray doing after the split? Causing Reigns to lose a MITB match. He needs that group just as much as they need him. He's a cult leader - who is he leading without the Wyatt's? I'm not sure where you were during his loner run but he definitely wasn't over apart from when he was carrying the buildup to his match against Undertaker.

What was Bray doing after the split? Causing Reigns to lose a MITB match.

In what became a Feud of the Year candidate.

I'm not sure where you were during his loner run but he definitely wasn't over apart from when he was carrying the buildup to his match against Undertaker.

I disagree. He was very over. Much more so than most of the roster at the time. It's why despite not doing a lot throughout the year, he was put with Taker at Mania. It was a match the fans could invest in and believe. Not many people have been deserving of a Taker Mania match throughout the last few years; Michaels, HHH, Lesnar, and Punk. Can't see WWE just throwing Wyatt in there if he weren't over with the fans. He was also in a feud with Dean Ambrose that started out very strong. Both guys may not have come out of it any better, but Wyatt didn't come out any worse either. He lasted almost an hour in the Rumble match. Than came his spectacular work in building the Taker match. His feud with Ryback.... yeah, sucked, but than he made up for it by targeting Reigns. I'd say all in all, Wyatt has always remained in the upper echelon, with or without his family.

That's true, yet not necessarily a negative.

A big part of Bray's appeal is the flexibility offered by his group. We can't decipher their message....and can barely understand Bray's speeches as he tries to explain it to us.......meaning he and his boys can be used for whatever program calls for a team of loonies needed to offer opposition for someone special.

Undertaker was a great example. At the time, the man was wrestling once a year....and while his event at WM32 was announced, he wasn't going to make an appearance until that night. How is WWE supposed to promote a match like that?

Bray, that's how. He carried all the PR by his lonesome, from flame-engulfed rocking chairs to sitting in mid-ring, laughing at the specter of the Dead Man. Then, in the actual match, he provided terrific opposition for 'Taker. I found the match very entertaining.

That's the Wyatt family's value to WWE. Could Bray be world champion? Sure, but not for long; it would be a short-lived lark. He'll always have something to do with his country cousins as long as their mission is never truly defined.

World champion? Sure, it might be fun....but if Bray never wins it, it won't matter.

I would love to see Wyatt as champion, but WWE would have to put a good 6 months or so worth of strong booking to make him seem credible. As others have stated, Wyatt is the whole package. He has a unique look, good in ring skills, fantastic mic ability and a great character. But he's lost far far too much since his debut to be seen as a credible threat. WWE would have to book him strong for a long period to wash away his less than stellar run up until now.

Fortunately for Wyatt, the mystical nature of his gimmick could really benefit him in this way. I'd book him similar to Kane or Undertaker. Have something happen to Wyatt to 'awaken' him or something spooky like that. Maybe debut Sister Abigail or give him a magic urn or even the title itself or something. Make it seem like, with this new power Wyatt is stronger than ever. Then have him steamroll a bunch of credible baby faces. Ideally I'd have him destroy former adversaries who beat him (Like Cena and Reigns, as if that would happen). Having him demolish people who previously defeated him would make it look like his career up until this point had been practice. Have the commentators constantly bring up that Wyatt wasn't at full power up until this point, make his previous defeats look like flukes. As I said before, the supernatural elements of his character could easily make it believable (at least in Kayfabe terms) that he would all of a sudden be tough enough to beat anyone.

Okay, what is with this arbitrary 6 months or year I see brought up a lot?

If Bray Wyatt decided to go hells bells for a month, and they booked him to destroy and maim for a month, he'd be GTG as a monster.
Or even 2 weeks really.

Imagine this, it's totally hypothetical obviously.

RAW after a PPV, Wyatts hit the ring and destroy the Uso's. 4 on 2 beatdown, leave them laying. They walk away. Bray gets the final hits on both with Sister Abigails.

On SmackDown, Bray challenges both Uso's to a singles match, 1 on 1. One gets him, one gets Strowman. Both Uso's lose, Bray wins a 60/40 matchup.

On RAW Bray beats the other Uso, another beatdown, here comes Roman and Dean. The Wyatt's get the upper hand.

Smackdown, 2 on 2 Tag's (Uso's vs Harper & Rowan, Dean & Roman vs Bray & Strowman, The Wyatt's win both, Bray gets the pin over Dean)

RAW, 4 on 4 tag, Bray pins Roman. Again the Wyatt's destroy everyone.

Smackdown, Bray wins a #1 contender match vs like 5 other dudes.
RAW, you really think Bray doesn't look dominate now? And you wouldn't even have to do it like that, but it was easy and lazy to use Roman's crew.

Bray has 3 dudes bigger than him. He is a large man himself, but he looks tiny because his followers are huge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back