Dean Ambrose = WWE World Champ

• Yes but before Wrestlemania 33 and also only if he alters his moveset

• Yes but after Wrestlemania 33

• Never

• Yes before Wrestlemania 33 even if he remains as he is

Results are only viewable after voting.

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
So The Shield was the most awesome stable of this decade and still is...... All three men of the stable have accomplished very much in a short time..... But only 2 of them have accomplished the ultimate goal WWE World Heavyweight Championship.... Rollins and Reigns have won it but Dean Ambrose hasnot! :shrug:

So would you want him to be the champ sometime?

Yes but before Wrestlemania 33 and only if he alters his moveset :rolleyes:

I love his gimmick! I like his wrestling skills and mic-skills too but what i dont like is his moveset especially his finisher Dirty Deeds which is just a DDT! So Yeah i would want him to be Champ if he alters his finisher to a much lunatic one! I would suggest Piledriver as his finisher named as Lunatic Driver :p

Thoughts & Votes?

During the Raw LD last week I mentioned that I see Dean Ambrose becoming another Dolph Ziggler. What I mean by that is he is going to be a very strong mid card wrestler but he will have a loyal fan base on the internet that will say he's being underused and should be world champ. Because of that it will appear he has underachieved if he never wins the world title but really there's nothing wrong with being a strong mid card guy and good IC champ. Ziggler benefited because there were two world titles when he was champ. If there was only one like there is now Ziggler would have never gotten anywhere near the title. If there were still two maybe Ambrose could get the lesser title but with only one I don't see him ever being champ. Although he could be a contender and a good opponent for the champ in between more serious challenges. If he proves me wrong I'll be happy to admit it but for now I'll just call him Dolph Ambrose.

I love Dean Ambrose. I tell something for those who're suggesting Dean Ambrose to alter his moveset, go back to FCW and CZW, watch his in-ring psychology and his matches. They were just awesome, it's the WWE creative or the Authority who doesn't want him to change his moveset. They want to keep him in the midcard with mediocre moveset.

But I wish him to be the World Heavyweight champion rather sooner than later. He is potent to be on that spot. I reckon he might reach that spot sooner. And I don't see any fault in the Dirty Deeds. The Double Underhook DDT is a tribute to Foley in one sort of way and I don't complain that. If you still think that isn't good enough, he should use his old "Midnight Special" (which is the White Noise that Sheamus uses) as his finisher. Check that out if you haven't, he used that move from top rope as well!!

It's still relatively early in his career.

He could make for some interesting feuds and with their being a shortage of main eventers for the foreseeable future, they would definitely be smart to put him in the main event scene.

I would have preferred him over Roman Reigns, Dean can talk and tell a story, but his wrestling Prowess is like a lesser Stone Cold.

I don't think he'd be a strong wrestlers as champ, but he would be an interesting one, and I err on the side of interesting, over good wrestling at the ME level (I find the Midcard and nXt the place to watch for good wrestling)

It's still relatively early in his career.

This. Dean will be fine, and at some point, WILL be WWE champion. Im pretty sure of it. Why? Because the top heel in the company is Seth Rollins. Because the "top face" in the company is Roman Reigns. Dean can be either, and that bodes very well for him down the road.

Roman and Seth will likely have multiple reigns (ugh, no pun intended) and they both have a ready-built rivalry with Dean. At some point, he will come out on top. He likely wont go down as the best Shield member, but that would by no means be a bad thing

I disagree with the Dolph comparison that was used earlier. I agree with the premise, but Deans start in this company was way hotter than Dolphs. Hell, they dont even mention Dolphs real start, or his second for that matter

He needs a gimmick change if he's going to be taken seriously as a World Champion. His gimmick absolutely sucks in WWE, it's not the same as he was on the indy's. Now he's just corny and awkward.

There's something off about Dean Ambrose. I don't recall seeing a great Dean Ambrose match since he left The Shield. Maybe the WWE has him on a move leash? His in ring stuff is awkward looking and that damn rebound clothesline should be saved for PPV's only and not done six times a week on television. I don't mind his crazy gimmick and he's good on the mic, but I always thought it was going to be Dean Ambrose coming out of The Shield as the bad ass heel. Maybe I just don't accept him as a face like the crowd does. I think there should be a few adjustments in ring, as well as heel/face turn before he gets a belt put on him.

It won't be anytime soon, but I'd want to see Dean Ambrose as World Heavyweight Champion. With Reigns as the top face right now, Ambrose's best hope is being the #2 face. A feud out of respect with Reigns to see who the better man is, wouldn't be out of the question. Rollins and Cena are both likely to get title shots when they return. It's gonna depend on how 2016 plays out. I see it happening before Wrestlemania 33 if he maintains his popularity.

I doubt he'll ever be champion with his current set of skills/wrestling style/gimmick.

I admit he was definitely a better wrestler, or rather, was allowed to be one, in the independent scene/FCW.

But like Messiah said, his gimmick sucks and whatever "lunatic" schtick he seems to portray only ends up being perceived as awkward and corny.

And to be really really, brutally honest, I don't really think he'll ever be world championship material. If they do give him the title any time down the road, it might be when they need a change, or a transitional champion. It brings to mind Mick Foley's championship victories, only in Foley's case, he was every bit the performer and world champion that one could expect/want(Except for his look of course).

Interestingly, just like someone else said, "I don't see what all the hype about Dean Ambrose is", I'd like to add Bray Wyatt to that category as well. Solid mic skills, really repetitive/predictable content, mediocre to lacklustre in-ring work(In contrast to Mick Foley).

Kevin Owens, on the other hand, I believe should be, and in all likelihood will be world champion before Wrestlemania 33. (Well, one likes to hope).

I like Ambrose a lot. I have publically said on these forums I feel he should be booked as the #2 face behind Reigns, given how thin the current top tier is at face. However that does not mean he should be champion. Better yet let's see how he's booked with the Intercontinental title first and hope he isn't just carrying it like he did the US title for almost a year. Let's see how the booking goes with Reigns as champ instead of getting ahead of ourselves discussing possibilities with Ambrose. While Rollins had a lengthy run as champion this year I felt there was a lack of ever booking him to look dominant. Apart from his cash in over Lesnar I can't consider his first reign as champion to be a memorable one. If Reigns isn't booked properly as a champ what'll make putting the title on Ambrose any better.

I wouldn't mind seeing him has champ, but he has to change a little a be taken more seriously. I think they'll let Reigns carry the title for the next little while, at the same time building Ambrose up.

Ambrose would make a great heel and I can see heel Ambrose against a face Reigns. That would be one hell of a feud. And I'm loling at the poster who said this is early in his career. Ambrose has been wrestling since 2004, that's almost 12 years. He was already established before he came to the WWE. Just go and watch some of his work with Dragon Gate and others when he was Jon Moxley. You'll see a completely different Dean Ambrose.

I love Dean Ambrose. I tell something for those who're suggesting Dean Ambrose to alter his moveset, go back to FCW and CZW, watch his in-ring psychology and his matches. They were just awesome, it's the WWE creative or the Authority who doesn't want him to change his moveset. They want to keep him in the midcard with mediocre moveset.

But I wish him to be the World Heavyweight champion rather sooner than later. He is potent to be on that spot. I reckon he might reach that spot sooner. And I don't see any fault in the Dirty Deeds. The Double Underhook DDT is a tribute to Foley in one sort of way and I don't complain that. If you still think that isn't good enough, he should use his old "Midnight Special" (which is the White Noise that Sheamus uses) as his finisher. Check that out if you haven't, he used that move from top rope as well!!

Yeah i too agree its the Creative who wants him at mid card with mediocre moveset! Just see his finishers as Jon Moxley

1. Hook and Ladder(Chickenwing facebuster) Yes! the same used by Beth Phoenix :eek2:

2. Moxicity(Spinning side slam)

3. One Hitter(Vertical suplex DDT)

4.Running cutter

See what variety of brutal moves he had! I like Headlock Driver( 1%er of EC-III) as Dirty Deeds buti didnot like this Double Underhook DDT!
By the way, why did he stop using headlock driver? :shrug:
I am a huge Ambrose fan so i would want his finisher as lunatic as he is! Yet i would accept him as WWE WHC even if he remains as he is which is mostly gonna happen! and yeah that Midnight Special is awesome especially from top rope :rolleyes:

Ambrose as "The Guy" or a top face? I dunno. I'm not trying take anything away from him, or bash the guy, because I'm a fan, but I can't see it happening. Rollins has proven he's capable of having great matches, he had a good world title run, and Roman Reigns has a commanding presence, the look, and the aura of a star.

With all that said, I do believe Ambrose will win the WWE WHC more than once throughout his career. He's definitely capable of having a career, where he fills the role of an interchangeable #2 guy with the likes of Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, and CM Punk, and that's nothing to be ashamed of. He'll be someone, who you can rely on to have consistent, quality matches as a world champion, and going by his reactions from the live crowds, you know the fans will rally behind him.

Lesnar is a part-timer, Rock is semi-retired, and age will catch up to Cena and Orton somewhere down the line. There's a noticeable void in WWE's upper echelon for main event guys, and you need more than two wrestlers (Rollins and Reigns), who have legit credibility as sustainable world champions for the future.

During the Raw LD last week I mentioned that I see Dean Ambrose becoming another Dolph Ziggler.

A very apt comparison. As with Dolph, Ambrose works very hard, flops around like a hooked fish when hit....and has gained the favor of many fans who feel he's the most popular performer going and should be wearing a world championship belt for the next 43 years, wiping out people along the way like Brock Lesnar, Sting....and the ghost of Lou Thesz.

Personally, I enjoy Dean in the ring, yet find him a one-trick pony as far as repertoire. He's entertaining, but I feel his value as a top performer has been aided by his association with his ex-Shield buddies, particularly his teaming with Roman Reigns in an effort to boost Roman's development curve. Had it not been for his buddies, I believe Dean's star would have already dimmed.

As I see it, Ambrose is too slight of build to compete with the people he's going against. He doesn't give me the feeling he could hang with these guys in a 'real' fight because he's strictly an undersized brawler with no technical arsenal to offer.

Dean can be entertaining.....but only in limited doses.

Yes, I do like him, but the question on the floor is whether we think he should be a world champion.

I vote no.

Lesnar is a part-timer, Rock is semi-retired, and age will catch up to Cena and Orton somewhere down the line. There's a noticeable void in WWE's upper echelon for main event guys, and you need more than two wrestlers (Rollins and Reigns), who have legit credibility as sustainable world champions for the future.

Basically this. WWE has already cemented their top 2 guys for the future in Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns and you can almost guarantee Kevin Owens will one day be a major player as well. That's only 3 people though. I see the next two guys to break through being Wyatt and Ambrose as both have been on the cusp of the main event for a while now. Plus the fans seem to love them both.

I mean, it's no secret that I'm a huge fan of Ambrose and have been since his Moxley days so it's no surprise that I see big things in store for Dean Ambrose. I could be very wrong but to me personally, he seems to have that special sort of connection with the casual crowd, which despite his perceived lack of "technical ability" (which seems to be all people focus on), should help him overachieve in his career. Plus I think he's very good at building feuds, which is key in being a champion.

Do I want to see Dean Ambrose as WWEWHC? Yes.

Will he one day be WWEWHC? Highly likely. Of course people said the same thing about Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger.

A very apt comparison. As with Dolph, Ambrose works very hard, flops around like a hooked fish when hit....and has gained the favor of many fans who feel he's the most popular performer going and should be wearing a world championship belt for the next 43 years, wiping out people along the way like Brock Lesnar, Sting....and the ghost of Lou Thesz.

Personally, I enjoy Dean in the ring, yet find him a one-trick pony as far as repertoire. He's entertaining, but I feel his value as a top performer has been aided by his association with his ex-Shield buddies, particularly his teaming with Roman Reigns in an effort to boost Roman's development curve. Had it not been for his buddies, I believe Dean's star would have already dimmed.

As I see it, Ambrose is too slight of build to compete with the people he's going against. He doesn't give me the feeling he could hang with these guys in a 'real' fight because he's strictly an undersized brawler with no technical arsenal to offer.

Dean can be entertaining.....but only in limited doses.

Yes, I do like him, but the question on the floor is whether we think he should be a world champion.

I vote no.

You mean He should never be a WWE World Heavyweight Champion? :shrug:
And Yes he is undersized but he does have a technical arsenal to offer! Just see his matches as Jon Moxley! He isnot allowed here to do much! Before winning IC title, he was just being used as Roman Reigns' Sidekick and still he is so over even when badly booked! :banghead:

Yes, though preferably as a heel simply because his lunatic personality comes off as slightly corny when presented as a face. When he was heel in The Shield, it worked just fine. It'd be great if WWE allowed him to use his full move set, and I'd love to see him bring back his headlock driver. I don't care for the double-underhook DDT as a move in general. But yes, my favorite former member of The Shield. I'd much rather see him as champion than Seth Rollins, whom I hate in a X-Pac heat kind of way.

It won't be anytime soon, but I'd want to see Dean Ambrose as World Heavyweight Champion. With Reigns as the top face right now, Ambrose's best hope is being the #2 face. A feud out of respect with Reigns to see who the better man is, wouldn't be out of the question. Rollins and Cena are both likely to get title shots when they return. It's gonna depend on how 2016 plays out. I see it happening before Wrestlemania 33 if he maintains his popularity.

I'm waiting for his heel turn. The perfect time for him to do it is the RAW after Summerslam. I assume Reigns would be busy with Sheamus and HHH at the top of the year and you know Cena always get a title shot for Summerslam so the RAW after Summerslam would be perfect. It could be the biggest feud of the fall. As for Rollins, so many things they could do with him, he may not get a title shot right away especially if they're going to turn him face. He could feud with Sheamus, HHH etc.

I'm waiting for his heel turn. The perfect time for him to do it is the RAW after Summerslam.

Could be, although I think circumstances will force the change well before then. Really, it depends on Dean's relationship with Roman Reigns. Usually, it's an interaction with an enemy that makes for a good program. In this case, I feel if Ambrose can continue to operate with Roman Reigns, it will lengthen the amount of time he stays a face.

Roman is the world champion and if the writers feel he no longer needs Dean at his side, Ambrose might as well turn heel before his many fans realize how much he needs support to keep his character viable.

Ambrose might as well turn heel before his many fans realize how much he needs support to keep his character viable.

Man oh man, I rarely disagree with you Sally, but I am in complete opposition on this one. Are you implying that Reigns is actually the one who has kept Ambrose over and relevant? Because from my perspective, I've seen Ambrose take the beatings, the humiliations, the "buryings" (if you will) for Roman Reigns while still remaining heavily over with the crowd.

His singles feud with Rollins was fantastic, arguably feud of the year last year. He didn't need support than. Also, while his feud with Wyatt was lacklustre, it was more the booking of that program than anything else (in my opinion). I don't really understand how you can say Ambrose needs support to keep his character viable when he's the only member of The Shield who's gotten over without it. Care to elaborate?

During the Raw LD last week I mentioned that I see Dean Ambrose becoming another Dolph Ziggler. What I mean by that is he is going to be a very strong mid card wrestler but he will have a loyal fan base on the internet that will say he's being underused and should be world champ. Because of that it will appear he has underachieved if he never wins the world title but really there's nothing wrong with being a strong mid card guy and good IC champ. Ziggler benefited because there were two world titles when he was champ. If there was only one like there is now Ziggler would have never gotten anywhere near the title. If there were still two maybe Ambrose could get the lesser title but with only one I don't see him ever being champ. Although he could be a contender and a good opponent for the champ in between more serious challenges. If he proves me wrong I'll be happy to admit it but for now I'll just call him Dolph Ambrose.

The difference here is that Ziggler didn't really had a big story and a money feud against two of the hottest stars in the company. I believe that Ambrose will get away from the pack because of his relationship with Reigns and Rollins - in fact, WWE would need to be really blind to never ever book the Shield Three Way for a PPV main event, and it should really be done in a way that every single one of them is seen as an equal.

WWE is booking Ambrose/Reigns brotherhood perfectly and when the two break away, it will be gold and I can't see a way that Ambrose doesn't get the big rub from it. Ambrose still needs to show his chops as a villain in WWE so, it is way too soon to call him a "Dolph Ziggler". At least in my perspective.

Are you implying that Reigns is actually the one who has kept Ambrose over and relevant?

A valid question. My point is that the mission of WWE Creative is to make Roman Reigns into the star they want/need him to be. Toward that end, they'll use anything and anyone to get him there.

A part of this goal involves Dean Ambrose. As you say, one could argue that Ambrose is helping Reigns stay relevant.......but the reason for is it that everything today is in service of Roman Reigns. At present, being involved with Roman is a goal to which everyone should aspire; the man is.....you should excuse the expression....The Chosen One. (Sorry, Drew :icon_sad:)

That's not a criticism of Reigns, nor of anybody......it's what WWE is in the process of doing.

But yes, by himself I don't feel Dean Ambrose is a star of the future.....and Roman Reigns is. But at present, Roman needs Dean.

Does Dean need Roman? I say yes, because when the time comes that they're not working together, I believe Dean will be dropped to midcard status.

It's a matter of opinion.

A valid question. My point is that the mission of WWE Creative is to make Roman Reigns into the star they want/need him to be. Toward that end, they'll use anything and anyone to get him there.

A part of this goal involves Dean Ambrose. As you say, one could argue that Ambrose is helping Reigns stay relevant.......but the reason for is it that everything today is in service of Roman Reigns. At present, being involved with Roman is a goal to which everyone should aspire; the man is.....you should excuse the expression....The Chosen One. (Sorry, Drew :icon_sad:)

That's not a criticism of Reigns, nor of anybody......it's what WWE is in the process of doing.

But yes, by himself I don't feel Dean Ambrose is a star of the future.....and Roman Reigns is. But at present, Roman needs Dean.

Does Dean need Roman? I say yes, because when the time comes that they're not working together, I believe Dean will be dropped to midcard status.

It's a matter of opinion.

Ummm.... I think Roman needs Dean but Dean doesnot need Roman! Roman needs Ambrose as his side-kick so that he can be more over but How Ambrose needs him? He is very over himself and will still remain relevant without Roman! Lets assume that what you say becomes true! Hee is dropped to midcard level but still his fanbase will never let him become irrelevant! He is being cheered for anything he does and even when his booking, he is cheered much like Dolph Ziggler! For his fans like me, He is always in upper mid card level no matter Roman is in his side or not! :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back