Back For The First Time

Alright. So what was Ba-Bomb banned for anyway?

The third spamming infraction that Nate banned you for was this: You posted four Journey, or Foreigner videos. I can't remember which. You then said, "I like them, you should too." Our rules explicitly state that you must do more then make a statement, you have to tell us why. There's no loose interpretation of spam there, that's definitively spam according to our rulebook. If you don't want to follow our rulebook, go post somewhere else.

This. It was his third infraction, which results in a ban. Its the rules. If you follow them, you stay in good standing. If not, you get infracted, and eventually banned. I was infracted for spamming once. Instead of complaining, I became a better poster. I could get banned myself if I didn't follow the rules, and Im a Moderator. They're the same for everyone.

Ba-Bomb's right.

No he's not.

There's too much goddamn hypocrisy here.

Didn't realize you were being held prisoner. You're universally hated, so I'm guessing you could leave without anyone throwing a fit.

All these damn cliques & status quos. No-one's allowed to be free here.

This is where you show your ignorance. I have argued, personally, with several of the clique members, and now get along with almost all of them. Jesus, look up what's happened between Sly and Xfear. You seriously have no idea what you're talking about. Cliques, around here, are made of glass. It's the fucking internet.

Alright. So what was Ba-Bomb banned for anyway?

Technically? I don't know. I'm sure it had a lot to do with overall idiocy, a problem you also seem to have.

I admit that Ba-Bomb has proven me wrong before. When he first signed up I thought he could be a worthwhile poster.

Probably just left the forum. He could not handle everybody shitting on him. Obviously, in his own mind he was reforming the forum and we weren't as accepting to the change as he would have liked us to be.

Thing is, Ba-Bomb could be a pretty good poster, if only he wasn't obsessed with "fighting the power" and actually read the rulebook. He seems to think everyone's out to get him, and wants to change things for whatever reason. I wonder how he's misinterpreted his infractions so poorly.

Thank you for making my point for me and walking right into that. Most of these ARE mods.

Translation: I broke the rules so I'll blame the mods for being banned.

Translation: You are insignificant to the all powerful, and your message must be stifled so I am going to ignore it and act as if you said nothing of relevance.

tl;dr

Nor do I give a fuck.

Couldn't make that clearer. Nice example of another mod that as he stated "Doesn't give a fuck" and of course wants to pipe you down because what you've said doesn't sit well with them.

Yep. Ba-Bomb, here is what I got out of your lengthy diatribe:

bitchbitchbitchwhinewhinewhinebitchbitchbitch.

Ahhhh yes, mockery. Perfect example. How was I wrong again?

Cry some more, crybaby.

More mockery, Good. You're all fulfilling your stereotypes perfectly.

You got banned because you actually broke the rules and not because anyone felt that you were dragging their dirty laundry into the public. Also you need to break spamming rules over a considerable period of time to get banned. So there is really no excuse.

This matter was only a small opening portion of my post and had little to do with what I was talking about overall. Folks can try to turn everything on me with that and ignore the points I made at hand but that doesn't change the truth of what I said. So what I accidently spammed, once again, I thought it would be okay to post some videos and add a funny little tag line or something since it was a thread where people primarily post videos and not much discussion actually goes on. Of course, I deserve to be banned for that though according to some.

What kind of revolution are you hoping for here? In fact, what is it that you want to actually accomplish? The only thing thing I gathered from your post is that everyone is an asshole to everybody else on this forum, which is easily remedied by just posting in sections that are more conducive to actual discussion.

Something that shouldn't take a revolution, a change of conduct from the people who should be setting the highest example which would be the mods for starters. It also shouldn't take some kind of revolution to get people to treat others with a little more kindness and respect. I appreciate your advice but this reaches into every area of the forum it seems. No matter where you go, what you post, someone wants to come out and show that they've got the big swinging dick in the room and shoot you down, talk shit about or to you, make fun of you somehow, etc...It's worse than school children.

Not going to lie, I laughed uncontrollably when I saw the post. I didn't ban him because I had a vendetta, it wouldn't have stood. He spammed, he got an infraction, he got banned.

another example, laugh at me, act like I'm just so out of whack, etc...Same old song and dance from yet another mod.

But I'd be lying if I said it didn't feel good to click that button.

Need I say more?

People always think it's personal. I'm sure most would cackle at the idea of me not having a clue who any of them are. I really don't.

That's right, because the people are so insignificant. Yet you folks go out of your way to make personal attacks at them.

Барбоса;3647753 said:
Don't want to be targeted? Then don't post about socio-religious politics as they tend to be divisive or spam in the non-spam zones.

That's right, don't have an opinion contrary to what is popular with people, thank you for summing it up there so nicely and giving a shining example of one of the very problems I was talking about.

Yep. The mods and admins hate those with differing opinions. You were unjustifiably banned. Fight the powers!

Yes, more mockery for having an opinion and daring to state it.

Respond to my post in the rap thread, i was having fun destroying you.

Oh I am sure you greatly enjoy what you perceive as "Destroying" someone, that's all apart of the complex a lot of you people have. You want to break people down and treat them like shit, show them how much better you are than them and deduce all their thoughts and feelings to shit. What a great person it must take to relish such hurtful intentions.

BTW, I've been gone for a week so I haven't had the luxury but I'll get to it on my own good time. I don't get how you think you were at any point "Destroying" me on anything either but to each their own. If it makes you feel like a big man, destroy away....

I didn't realize you were gone.

Well I imagine you're too busy to really notice but, yes, I was gone.

Very true. If you continue to break the rules, you inevitably will be banned.

Here's some food for thought though. I have never intentionally broke any rules or done anything that I thought would fall into breaking any of the rules. It's not like I've done those things to be a dick or something, they were simple little mistakes and I get a lot of unnecessary shit for it like I just do it intentionally. You think I want to be infracted and I want to be banned? So why would I do that? Only on accident, but it's treated like you've somehow wronged somebody and are thus deserving of some kind of punishment. I think there is probably a better way to handle it that putting peoples membership at jeopardy or taking action against them for making simple little mistakes.

I think there needs to be a little more discretion when it comes to people deciding what is and is not a violation of a rule instead of pure black/white. I posted 3 videos and added a funny tag line and nothing more because I already posted 3 videos in a thread entitled "What are you listening to right now" I wasn't aware that required me to go into detail about what I was listening to since I DID post the damn videos, or why I was listening to music in the first place, that seemed kind of self explanatory like "Because I like Music"

And yet, it was spam by OUR interpretation. Have you read the Rulebook yet? If not, you should take a glance. I think it would clear up what seems to be a lot of confusion on your end.

And your interpretations are left up to individuals-individual perceptions and discretion that can and do vary. How many posts are out there that clearly are spam or breaking a rule that go completely unchecked and how many are there out there that could easily slide but people end up getting infracted for? It's a highly imperfect system, and could use drastic improvements yet you seem to not care one bit about making any kind of progress or improvements around here which is pretty sad considering your standing. BTW I've read the rule book numerous times which is why I DO take issue with some of this stuff. I actually DO know the rules rather well and know when someone is nit-picking, being overtly biased, or working on loose technicalities to justify a rash decision.

You posted a few YouTube videos in a non-spam thread and nothing else. That's a pretty clear sign of spam around here.

I posted a few videos in a thread that was primarily videos, and that was spam? Again listen to what you're saying, the threads main purpose is for people to post videos of what they are listening to(as the peoples participation shows) and you are saying that you can't just post videos as the thread intends, you need to go into a thesis on why you are listening to what you are listening too or else you are spamming? Ya know, I don't know any other place on the internet that would call that spamming in a thread of that nature.

That's probably why I've had a hard time with that stuff, because nowhere else I have ever been or still go to has an approach like that, yet none of them have a problem with spamming either. Maybe if you guys were a little less about "Dropping the hammer" on people and were a little more lax about that kind of thing you'd notice things run a little smoother as well.

You vastly overestimate your worth around here.

Oh no, you make it clear that no one is worth anything to you. Don't think anyone is confusing that. You make it clear all the time that no one has any real worth around here accept you all knowing mods who sit on your perches and cast stones at everyone else. Anyone who says something you don't want to hear seems to get that point made loud and clear to them.

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You just spent the first paragraph bitching about "loose" interpretations of spam, and now you want us to play judge and jury on which posts are nice and which aren't? Hypocritical little shit, ain't ya?

Ah yes, laugh it up, talk down to me some more, show everyone what a mature and fair mod you are. Don't fulfill the very charges I just laid out, aren't you smarter than that, than to validate everything I was saying? Apparently not.

I didn't say I wanted you to play judge and jury on which post are nice and aren't either. Did anything I said in what you quoted even hint at that? No. You are putting words in my mouth and making your own false assumptions, then branding me a hypocrite as a result, once again showing a shining example of the very things I was condemning.

Umm..yeah? If you say stupid things, you deserved to be mocked for them. Why do so many people have a problem with this? Don't want to be mocked? Don't say stupid things.

And what qualifies as saying something stupid and deserving of being mocked huh? Is that another one of your discretionary policies? What it comes down to is that anything someone says that you don't like, you go out of your way to CALL stupid, to call the person stupid, and to tear down whatever they had to say simply because you don't like it. I wasn't aware we were still in middle school or lower here and that people had to act as such.

It's a fucking shame that YOU of all people, the damn "headmaster" condone this shit and are even promoting it right here with your own words. Shouldn't you be the one sitting here saying that people need to treat others with more respect and refrain from that kind of conduct that reflects poorly on you, the site, and the individual? Do you even care how it reflects on you, the site, or other individuals? Do you give a fuck about anything that goes on here at all other than who you can lambaste and treat like shit? You're supposed to be the head honcho for fuck sake, yet you seem to have this apathetic "who gives a shit" attitude about everything, unless it comes down to wanting to belittle someone for saying something on a topic you disagree with. WTF MAN??? How is it possible that I give a damn about the site, the people who come here, and the overall experience of those people FAR MORE than you seem to even bat an eye at?

Not for anybody with a modicum of intelligence.

Oh bullshit. I see plenty of intelligent people kicked around because they say things that you and others disagree with. It has nothing to do with intelligence and everything to do with satisfying your egos and falling in line with a status quo that you so much as state as being "Don't say anything we don't agree with or we will make you pay for it". Don't even try to justify it or claim otherwise because you prove it here, and you prove it everywhere else with the way you conduct yourself. You are a good writer when you decide to nut up and actually give an effort and contribute to a topic, but most of the time all you do is defecate on anything people have to say that doesn't fall in line with what you think is right.

I think it's a waste of your talent, a waste of your leadership capabilities, and a waste of the peoples time who have to deal with you behaving that way. Well here's another wake up call, that does nothing but make you look like an asshole and piece of shit (And I'm not saying you are, just that it makes you look like that) like a petulant child who can't handle hearing other peoples opinions or views that differ from your own and insists on bullying other people from a position that makes you untouchable. It's like the big kid in the sandbox destroying everyone elses sand castles because he can beat them up and they can't do anything back, it's fucking pathetic and I would have thought you were better than that. Yet another thing I have been wrong about.

So it's okay for you to stand up for what you believe in, but not okay for me to stand up for what I believe in? I believe the stupidity of people's comments should be pointed out and mocked. It's okay for you to shout at the top of your lungs how you feel, but not okay for me to shout at the top of mine how I feel?

Again, you're making yourself look like a hypocrite.

That's not what I was saying at all for God sake and you know it. Don't play this word twisting bullshit with me slick, you won't win that battle. You know damn well what I means and what I was saying, but rather than try to have a mature and adult conversation you want to deduce it down to twisting words and calling people hypocrites, what a fucking scholar. What is with this mental block or whatever it is that disables you and so many others from being able to disagree without trying to humiliate people, make fun of them, or as you like to put it "Point out and mock the stupidity of people's comments"? Don't you have any human fucking decency?

Is it THAT HARD to state a case without being a dick to people and belittling them and challenging their intelligence? And why are you and so many others so fervently attempting to prove your worth and the worth of your ideas over others all the time? Are you so insecure that you need to do this to people on the internet of all places? And another question, you think this shit would fly in real life with anyone? So why pull it on here? Because you are safely on the other side of a monitor where no one can do anything to you, and you have a power over them to punish them for disagreeing? What-a-man!

Not at all. I don't think anyone here sees it that way.

That was a slight exaggeration but you get the point. However, how would you know sir? You aren't the one on the receiving end of it. Look around man, whenever someone who is not in a high standing on the site stand up for themselves, people act appalled like they have committed some audacious act and bludgeon then with words for having the courage to stand up for themselves or what they believe in. If you don't see it you are either turning a blind eye, or are simply blind to the situation.

Are you kidding? I WANT people to argue with me, what the fuck are you talking about? I have a lot more respect for those who can provide an intelligent debate with me than those who resort to "let's agree to disagree". Why the hell do you think Xfear is still a G-Mod here? It certainly isn't because we're long lost brothers.

But you are not most other people Sly. Maybe that doesn't apply as much to you but lets be honest, you don't exactly take kindly to people when they respond to you. Lets look at your recipe shall we: Person puts up post, you go through and try to tear it to shreds, they respond in defense, you dismiss everything they say, make fun of them, and just discredit their points without making any other points to explain why theirs were so invalid. That's you about 90% of the time. Not wanting anything to do with other people standing up to your attacks, and what else do you do? Instead of having this "Intelligent Debate" you were talking about you dismiss them and their arguments as stupid because you don't agree and then use that as justification to mock them as you even said earlier in this very post.

Depends on the subject. If we're talking about how your smoking vice can ruin the value of my life, then damn right I'm not interested in considering your side.

At least you are finally being honest and admitting that you can't handle other peoples views here and refuse to have intelligent conversation about it. You still think it justification to treat people like dirt though? Maybe you shouldn't answer that.

From the mouth of a person acting like a raving idiot.

Again you show my words to ring true. Thank you.

No, the REAL message is intelligent people do much better around here than unintelligent people. You've been a shining example.

I'd say it's quite the opposite. Anyone who is intelligent enough to see the bullshit that goes on here and call you out, you try to label as being someone who is stupid and should be dismissed because in truth you can't stand up to it because it IS the truth. You simply don't want to deal with it or do anything to make any changes so you belittle the people with something to say who can intelligently say it, and hope that other fall in line with you, which of course they are going to-to avoid receiving the same treatment and you fucking know it. It's people who pander and kiss ass for the most part that do well around here. I'll admit, there are some DAMN GOOD posters in the higher ranks to deserve to be there, I've never questioned that nor will I. The issue here though is that not only is what I am talking about a major issue, but you being the main guy here(or at least one of them) not only propagate that issue, but refuse to even admit it actually exists or do anything about it. Are you just lazy, burnt out, or do you really just not give a fuck? Take your pick.

To teach them how stupid they sound, when what they think and feel is stupid. We all start out as ignorant when we are babies, and it's only through education do we learn.

Jesus Christ, where's the facepalm smiley when you need one? Sly I swear to God, if your intentions are truly noble and you seek to help people improve than why don't you take a different approach that doesn't involve trying to break people down and hurt their feelings? What you and these other people do is almost by definition Cyber Bullying and it needs to stop man. I know I come off as a major dick because I am the one bringing it to you, but don't you see what I am talking about? Don't you understand my plight, and see what is wrong with what I am talking about, and why this needs to stop?

Do you also not see that while I may come off as a dick, my interests are only to help improve things here for everyone? Think about it, if people are happier because they feel safer to speak their minds, the mods ease up a bit on busting peoples asses, and you just treat people a little more kindly, how much less headaches are you going to have? Quite a few, and I bet you anything people post better, people respond better to the mods when they do infract people especially if they do it in a more friendly manner, and I would bet you anything that more people post as well, producing better conversation. I see it work a million other places, there's no reason it can't or won't work here. Bottom line, I'm not trying to be your enemy I ultimately am trying to be your friend. However, sometimes it takes a friend to stop you for a second, bitch slap you real quick, and say "Hey, get with the program, look at what's in front of you and do something about it".

When we're posting against you, we're not moderators, we're just posters. So not sure why you bring up moderators when it has nothing to do with us as posters.

Nice way to dodge the issue there Mitt Romney(Ouch that's got to burn). Again you know exactly what I am saying and exactly what I mean, but you choose to stick your head in the sand(better than other places I suppose)

No they wouldn't, as long as they didn't break the rules.

Then why do they get away with flaming people all the time, or at least speaking to people in a manner that would get other people an infraction for flaming? Double standards and hypocrisy in the upper echelon? Naaaaawwww, not possible right?

I usually don't like jumping in things such as this, but because I infracted you the second time, I'm going to explain.

The third spamming infraction that Nate banned you for was this: You posted four Journey, or Foreigner videos. I can't remember which. You then said, "I like them, you should too." Our rules explicitly state that you must do more then make a statement, you have to tell us why. There's no loose interpretation of spam there, that's definitively spam according to our rulebook. If you don't want to follow our rulebook, go post somewhere else.

I already do post elsewhere and their nowhere near as anal about it. This goes into that whole topic of discretion again. By the nature of the thread, it was mostly people just posting videos, some folks talked a little bit about them, but there was no real discussion, just a simple "What are you listening to" so, by nature of the thread there shouldn't even be any infractions from it as a result, ergo DISCRETION. Or how hard is it to look and figure out "Oh, this person must have figured that was okay. Maybe I should PM them to let them know that technically counts as spam so they can correct it" Rather than just going BANG! FUCK YOU, INFRACTION!!! Give people a chance to correct it first and THEN if they decide not to you give them the infraction? Does anyone else not see the genius in this? Fewer infraction, fewer pissed off people, fewer banning and prison sentences, and in the process people don't look at you like a bunch of douche-bags on a power trip.

This was the same type of drivel you posted in the ABC thread. How did that work out for you with people who aren't Mods? I guess the entire forum is out to get you. :rolleyes:

Once again, it's always "drivel" or something of the like when it's not what you want to hear. As for what I posted and how it turned out with the people who aren't mods, it turned out the same because as I've mentioned over and over now it's not JUST the mods, but the problem with the mods is what makes it all the worse. Roll your eyes to that.

See this guy? I'd enjoy banning him. But I haven't, because he doesn't break the rules. There goes your theory about personal vendettas.

Oh but you are just waiting like a hawk on it's prey to do it aren't you? You should never do yourself the disservice of admitting that you want to act against people out of personal bias, it makes the crazies like me proven to be right. All you are saying is that you haven't done it because you haven't found a loophole yet, give it time.

Shamar please,for once your not the public enemy in a thread of stupidity and nonsense. Let's try to keep it that way.

Anyway, I agree with LSN.

That's right Shamar, don't disagree with the populous, that might get other people to come out and say the same and if that happens, OH FUCK!!! They can't let someone like me be right, even though they've proven me right all along, you can't have a public consensus. You have to scare them into silence so no change can be forced by the people.

This. It was his third infraction, which results in a ban. Its the rules. If you follow them, you stay in good standing. If not, you get infracted, and eventually banned. I was infracted for spamming once. Instead of complaining, I became a better poster. I could get banned myself if I didn't follow the rules, and Im a Moderator. They're the same for everyone.

I wasn't complaining about it, I was just noting how I was not shocked by it and knew it was coming in one form or another no matter what because I'm not very well liked at the moment and I'm not one of the protected members in the high ranks or establishment. It's kind of like how the nation of Islam took out Malcom X when he came out and started preaching something outside of their brand of Islam against their wishes. You speak up against the powers that be, they do all they can to destroy you and your message, most of the time by trying to destroy your credibility and the heart of your message.

I admit that Ba-Bomb has proven me wrong before. When he first signed up I thought he could be a worthwhile poster.

I am a worthwhile poster, and I will continue to prove as much going forward.

Probably just left the forum. He could not handle everybody shitting on him. Obviously, in his own mind he was reforming the forum and we weren't as accepting to the change as he would have liked us to be.

Oh you couldn't get that lucky, haven't you learned yet that I am absolutely relentless?

Oh they still do this around here? No one's learned that the only person that cares about someone getting banned is the person banned? Color me suprised.

Oh no one is shocked at all, we know that no one gives a fuck about the next man around here. That's been made perfectly clear, and that's why I stand out, because I do care about the next guy and the next guy and next guy and so on.

Thing is, Ba-Bomb could be a pretty good poster, if only he wasn't obsessed with "fighting the power" and actually read the rulebook. He seems to think everyone's out to get him, and wants to change things for whatever reason. I wonder how he's misinterpreted his infractions so poorly.

I don't think anyone is "Out to get Me" I know that's not entirely the case, but I also know all too well how things operate around here. I do want to change some things because I want to work towards the betterment of the forum itself and to help create a better environment for the people who come here. Apparently though that makes me "the bad guy" because I am willing to call out the bullshit for what it is and say "This Needs To Change" while no one else is. And you want to know how I've "Misinterpreted my infractions" it's because I've been under a lot of attack and taken on a lot of fire from people who have had no problem openly letting me know how much they don't like me. For fuck sake there was a thread with a poll to send me to prison, why? Simply because people don't like me for whatever their reason, which points to a direct bias against me. As far as acquiring the infractions, I guess I am just used to places that are much more laid back and nowhere near as strict. You see in other places they actually want to keep members, they actually want to avoid giving out infractions as much as possible, and they try to treat people as kindly as possible. They let the small stuff slide because it is just that "small stuff" not worth punishing anyone over.

It seems here though we've got a bunch of people with complexes who desperately need to show that they have some kind of power over something in life, and also need to take out their real life frustration on people on the internet. I see this all the time all over the internet. These people are weak and powerless in their everyday lives, they are insecure and too cowardly or afraid to face their real life issues or the people they dislike. So, what they do is come on the internet to be "Internet tough guys" and treat people on here the way they only WISH they could treat people in real life, to live out some fantasy where they actually control something in this world and have REAL power over people, and can face the people they would otherwise lower their head to and walk on by. You see, the power these folks have is not real. it's something afforded through computer programs and imaginary rankings. In real life none of these people could do a fucking thing to you or me or anyone else, and would probably cower if the situation called for them to try to. How do I know? Because they are gutless enough to pull the shit they do here on the internet. No one was was secure in themselves in the real world would treat people the way they do on the internet.

Dude, who's seriously going to read all of that? Go post and quit worrying about the ban or who's out to get you.

It is perfectly fine to have a different opinion and express it. It is what makes the free world free but if you do not understand that posting an opinion that is contrary to someone else's, perhaps even the majority, may lead to a debate/confrontation in a wrestling forum or IRL, then you cannot be helped.

If you do not want your opinions scrutinised, whether it be on politics, religion, society, the best film ever made or Brodus Clay's debut, then do not post them.

Dude, who's seriously going to read all of that? Go post and quit worrying about the ban or who's out to get you.

Ba-Bomb, take Ham's advice.

The more you make an issue of something, the more of a wedge you are likely to drive between yourself and all the other posters. You've had a down moment, now learn from the mistake(s), post on topics that interest you and get noticed in a positive manner rather than complaining and rallying against the mods and admins. It never turns out well, so save everyone some time and move on :)

Барбоса;3649508 said:
It is perfectly fine to have a different opinion and express it. It is what makes the free world free but if you do not understand that posting an opinion that is contrary to someone else's, perhaps even the majority, may lead to a debate/confrontation in a wrestling forum or IRL, then you cannot be helped.

If you do not want your opinions scrutinised, whether it be on politics, religion, society, the best film ever made or Brodus Clay's debut, then do not post them.

It's not that I have a problem with healthy debate at all or having a position challenged, but I think it's quite obvious the way people go about it often is very childish and can be hurtful to people. If I can do anything to change that I'd like to. I scream at the mods because they ARE the ones in the position to really help make that change and simply point out that they are as guilty as anyone else. The blame is equal across the board but with them it still looks worse because of the positions they hold and the conduct that you would THINK they want to be observed and upheld by those staff members.

Ba-Bomb, take Ham's advice.

The more you make an issue of something, the more of a wedge you are likely to drive between yourself and all the other posters. You've had a down moment, now learn from the mistake(s), post on topics that interest you and get noticed in a positive manner rather than complaining and rallying against the mods and admins. It never turns out well, so save everyone some time and move on :)

(Takes deep breath and has a long exhale) Fuck It. Why not. I got what I wanted out there and hopefully it makes a difference. In the mean time you guys are right, and I am just going to get back to doing what I love to do, posting quality material for the masses to read.

Ba-Bomb, what are your thoughts on the election so far?

I think we're in a shitty spot as a Republican party because the guy who will likely get the nomination probably can't win(Romney), and it looks like the guy who probably can win won't get the nomination(Gingrich). I think Gingrich could win the general election because he could totally own Obama in the debates and has experience that Obama can't really say anything against as it gives Gingrich insight to the problems we face to come up with realistic viable solutions he can lay on the table against Obama's failed policies, while Obama only has a failed Presidency to fall back on himself. Romney probably will not will if he gets the nomination because Obama will ruin him with slight of hand and speeches where he coaxes voters into sympathizing with him, while at the same time smoothly convincing people that Romney simply isn't prepared to take the office of President of the United States of America, pointing to his own experiences as proof that it's a harder job that Romney thinks it is.

Obama will also use Romney's "Private Sector" experience against him in debates and spin that around so many ways Romney will have no defenses. Gingrich on the other hand will be able to keep Obama on the defensive the whole time and even when Obama tries to turn the prying eyes on to him, he will just divert the attention back to Obama and the situation at hand. It would be a situation where Obama makes some accusation of Gingrich and Gingrich responds with something like "Let's not try to turn away from the issue, the issue is that you've failed to create jobs, you've inflated the deficit, you've weakened our military, you've bowed to the Saudi King and went around the world as some U.S. apologist, and you haven't really delivered on any of your campaign promises". What do you say to that? Obama will have a response where he touts what he HAS done, but Newt will cut through the smoke and mirrors where Romney will just keep trying to convince you he's not the corporate overlord that his past shows.

I agree 100%
Well I imagine you're too busy to really notice but, yes, I was gone.
Not really, but we can say that. It's really more of a "I don't really care who posts here and who doesn't" kind of thing.

Here's some food for thought though. I have never intentionally broke any rules or done anything that I thought would fall into breaking any of the rules.
That's all fine and good, but it's irrelevant to the fact you HAVE broken the rules. I once got pulled over for driving 35 MPH on a street that ran parallel to Main St. And when I say parallel, I mean there was probably 10 yards which separate the two streets. There were never ANY signs on the road I was on as to the speed limit. The police officer pulled me over anyways, because the speed limit was actually 25 on that road.

Do you think it mattered to him I didn't intentionally break the rules?

It's not like I've done those things to be a dick or something, they were simple little mistakes and I get a lot of unnecessary shit for it like I just do it intentionally.
No one has given you any shit about breaking the rules. We give you Infractions. Staff does not talk about Infractions we give out, YOU'RE the one who brought it up.

If you don't want to get shit about your Infractions, don't bring it up.

Only on accident, but it's treated like you've somehow wronged somebody and are thus deserving of some kind of punishment.
Yes, that's how rules are typically enforced. If you don't enforce rules, there's no point in having them.

I think there is probably a better way to handle it that putting peoples membership at jeopardy or taking action against them for making simple little mistakes.
You broke the rules FIVE TIMES before your first one week banning. You'll have to break them two more times for a grand total of SEVEN TIMES before you receive a 1 Year Ban. If you can't figure out our rules after 6 different notices, we don't want you. It's really as simple as that.

I think there needs to be a little more discretion when it comes to people deciding what is and is not a violation of a rule instead of pure black/white.
I don't. Because discretion leads to subjective opinions which then leads to favoritism. Say what you want about the rules, but they are enforced equally all across the forum. Even the mods slip up from time to time and are giving Warnings/Infractions.

I'm not going to play the favoritism game.

I wasn't aware that required me to go into detail about what I was listening to since I DID post the damn videos, or why I was listening to music in the first place, that seemed kind of self explanatory like "Because I like Music"
That's because you haven't read the rules very well. Under that same theory, in a thread called "Who is the Greatest Wrestler of All-Time", someone could simply put "Hulk Hogan" and you wouldn't want them to be given an Infraction for spam, because it's pretty self-explanatory that Hogan was the greatest of all time because he was great.

That's not how our forum works. Our forum has not worked like that for nearly half a decade.

And your interpretations are left up to individuals-individual perceptions and discretion that can and do vary.
No, no it isn't. It's very clear. You have to take a position and support that position. If you do that, it's not spam. There's no interpretation to be had at all.

It's a highly imperfect system, and could use drastic improvements yet you seem to not care one bit about making any kind of progress or improvements around here which is pretty sad considering your standing.
I don't care because you're completely wrong. If a spam post isn't taken care of, it's because it hasn't been seen, not because a moderator decided not to take care of it.

You're wrong. I've been doing this Staff gig for three years now. I helped define the current policy on spam. I helped re-write the Rulebook. I know EXACTLY what is spam and what is not. You're wrong. Deal with it.

I posted a few videos in a thread that was primarily videos, and that was spam?
Yes. Because you didn't tell us why you were posting them. You took a position, but didn't tell us why. That is spam.

There are over 900 posts in that thread which have not been deleted. Without looking through every single post, I'd say ALL of them did what they were supposed to, which was to post a video and tell us why they liked the song or why they were listening to it. You come along and want special treatment because you're too lazy to write why you like even one of the four videos you posted? Fuck that. You don't get special treatment. You have to follow the same rules everyone else does.

Ya know, I don't know any other place on the internet that would call that spamming in a thread of that nature.
I fail to see how that's relevant. We're not talking about any other place on the Internet, we're talking about this place on the Internet.

That's probably why I've had a hard time with that stuff, because nowhere else I have ever been or still go to has an approach like that
Understandable. You're certainly not the first to struggle with the rules. Klunderbunker talks all the time how he received a Spamming Infraction the first day he got here, and he didn't post again for months, because he didn't understand the Rules. That's why we usually give a couple of Warnings before we give Infractions.

But this is the way we choose to run this forum, and it's not going to change. So you'll either have to do as our current Administrator Klunderbunker did, and take time to learn the rules, or you'll be banned. Those really are your only two options.

Maybe if you guys were a little less about "Dropping the hammer" on people and were a little more lax about that kind of thing you'd notice things run a little smoother as well.
You were given FOUR previous notices that you were violating our rules. That's hardly "dropping the hammer on people". Do you get to kill four people before you go to jail for the fifth one? Can you rob 4 liquor stores before getting arrested on the fifth one? Do you get to break the speed limit 4 times before receiving a citation on the fifth?

I think we're extremely lax, and we're lax because we understand our rules are different. But we're not changing how we enforce them, so you're just going to have to deal.

Oh no, you make it clear that no one is worth anything to you. Don't think anyone is confusing that. You make it clear all the time that no one has any real worth around here accept you all knowing mods who sit on your perches and cast stones at everyone else. Anyone who says something you don't want to hear seems to get that point made loud and clear to them.
No no, you missed my point. My point is that you seem to think we were gunning to ban you. We weren't. We don't give a flying fuck about you. Half of the mod staff probably didn't even know who you were until this thread. I only knew you because you got all pissy in the smoking thread.

Like I said, you vastly overestimate your worth around here.

Ah yes, laugh it up, talk down to me some more
Thank you, though I didn't really need your permission.

I didn't say I wanted you to play judge and jury on which post are nice and aren't either.
Yes you did. Here's what you said:

You said:
The contempt and hate towards others here is an epidemic, and the way it is accepted by those in charge and even promoted by those in charge as they do it themselves is deplorable.
So if we decided we didn't want to accept it, how would we enforce everyone to be nice? By giving Discipline right? So then we have to decide which posts are nice to people and which aren't.

It was very hypocritical of you. Perhaps you hadn't taken the time to fully think out what you were saying, but what you said makes you look like a hypocrite.

And what qualifies as saying something stupid and deserving of being mocked huh?
Your posts in this thread would be an excellent place to start.

What it comes down to is that anything someone says that you don't like, you go out of your way to CALL stupid, to call the person stupid, and to tear down whatever they had to say simply because you don't like it.
Not at all. When Shocky and I discuss politics, I rarely agree with him. The difference is Shocky isn't a moron and is able to make reasonable points. The same goes with Davi.

But let's face it, we're on a WRESTLING forum. And as I have said time and again, wrestling caters to children and idiots, so what kind of clientele do you think we're going to get on an Internet wrestling forum? It just goes with the territory.

It's a fucking shame that YOU of all people, the damn "headmaster" condone this shit and are even promoting it right here with your own words.
Damn right I am. Stupidity needs to be weeded out, and no longer tolerated. I respect the rights of people to say stupid stuff, but if you do, I also respect my right to mock you. I'm tired of a society where every asinine opinion should be given equal weight. If you say stupid things, you deserve to be mocked. It's really that simple.

Shouldn't you be the one sitting here saying that people need to treat others with more respect and refrain from that kind of conduct that reflects poorly on you, the site, and the individual?
No, because I don't want to become known like the WWE forums were, where stupid people run amuck.

Do you even care how it reflects on you, the site, or other individuals?
Absolutely, that's why I actively work to stamp out stupidity where ever I can find it. I'm a modern day superhero.

You're supposed to be the head honcho for fuck sake, yet you seem to have this apathetic "who gives a shit" attitude about everything, unless it comes down to wanting to belittle someone for saying something on a topic you disagree with.
I'll tell you what. Why don't you PM each of the moderators on this forum and see if they agree with your assessment of what I do here. Since I'm an asshole like you say, and since I've had wars with many of them, I'm sure you'll get a pretty honest answer out of them.

How is it possible that I give a damn about the site, the people who come here, and the overall experience of those people FAR MORE than you seem to even bat an eye at?
You don't. You just give a damn about yourself. If you hadn't received those Infractions, you wouldn't give a rat's ass about anyone else who did.

Quit making yourself out to be the altruistic leader of repressed people. You're not. You're a selfish bastard who is throwing a temper tantrum because you have the mistaken notion that the Staff here gives a flying fuck about you or even knows who you are.

Oh bullshit. I see plenty of intelligent people kicked around because they say things that you and others disagree with.
No you haven't. You can't name one person who got kicked out of here for any reason other than they broke the rules. Go ahead and try. I'll be waiting.

I think it's a waste of your talent, a waste of your leadership capabilities, and a waste of the peoples time who have to deal with you behaving that way. Well here's another wake up call, that does nothing but make you look like an asshole and piece of shit (And I'm not saying you are, just that it makes you look like that) like a petulant child who can't handle hearing other peoples opinions or views that differ from your own and insists on bullying other people from a position that makes you untouchable. It's like the big kid in the sandbox destroying everyone elses sand castles because he can beat them up and they can't do anything back, it's fucking pathetic and I would have thought you were better than that. Yet another thing I have been wrong about.
What's REALLY a waste of my time is reading stupid comments. I don't want to read stupid comments. I want to read intelligent discussion.

I don't give a fuck if people think I'm an asshole. I admit to it regularly. You seem to think your little diatribe here is telling me or others something I haven't already said myself a hundred times. The problem is you think I give a damn how you perceive me. I don't. I care about reading intelligent discussion and making sure the rules are enforced fairly and equally.

And as far as my "untouchable" position goes, I assure you me being an Administrator has nothing to do with it. I was twice the asshole on this forum before I got on Staff. Ask anyone who has been around for a while, they'll tell you I'm much nicer now than I used to be. Well, maybe not MUCH nicer, but definitely nicer.

That's not what I was saying at all for God sake and you know it. Don't play this word twisting bullshit with me
No, it really was what you were saying. The problem is you didn't expect me to recognize it. You want to be able to stand up and profess what you believe in, without me standing up for what I believe in. I believe in mocking stupidity. You think I shouldn't be allowed to do that.

That's exactly what you were saying. I'm not playing word games, I'm just recognizing your hypocrisy.

Don't you have any human fucking decency?
I do. If someone has a booger hanging out of their nose, I tell them. Why? Because a brief moment of embarrassment is far better than having 100 people see you with a booger hanging out of your nose.

Along that same vein, if someone says something stupid, I tell them. Why? Because it's better they learn now, then continue to make themselves look like a fool for the rest of their life. That IS human decency. Not all opinions are valid, and not all thoughts make sense. Those which are stupid need to know they are stupid.

Is it THAT HARD to state a case without being a dick to people and belittling them and challenging their intelligence?
Perhaps not, but it's certainly not nearly as effective.

And why are you and so many others so fervently attempting to prove your worth and the worth of your ideas over others all the time? Are you so insecure that you need to do this to people on the internet of all places?
No, it's because I AM secure in the knowledge that I'm right that I do so. I don't have to prove my worth, I know my worth. It's because I know my worth I feel confident in rooting out stupidity.

And another question, you think this shit would fly in real life with anyone?
It has before. :shrug:

So why pull it on here? Because you are safely on the other side of a monitor where no one can do anything to you
:lmao::lmao:

The typical Internet tough man creedo. The problem with your assumption is that I have done it in real life, and will continue to do it in real life. I did it at school during a class debate with one of my best friends. I do it occasionally on Tuesday night when I'm playing basketball with one of my friends and we talk politics. I do it whenever store clerks tell me something which is completely ridiculous. I did it when a restaurant charged me automatic gratuity (which I did not pay). I do it all the time. This isn't an Internet thing, this is a real thing. Hell, I've done it with my wife, and I assure you, she can make me pay far worse than any human being alive, if you know what I mean.

So yes, this shit flies in real life, and I'm not just doing it behind a monitor.

and you have a power over them to punish them for disagreeing? What-a-man!
I've never punished anyone for disagreeing. I just show them how stupid they are, if they are saying stupid things. :shrug:

That was a slight exaggeration but you get the point.
Who's trying to play word games now?

You aren't the one on the receiving end of it.
You've obviously never argued with Xfear.

whenever someone who is not in a high standing on the site stand up for themselves, people act appalled like they have committed some audacious act and bludgeon then with words for having the courage to stand up for themselves or what they believe in.
That's because usually the ones who don't have a good reputation on the forums are the stupid ones. And they get mocked for being stupid. Why do you constantly force me into saying this?

If you don't see it you are either turning a blind eye, or are simply blind to the situation.
I would suggest YOU'RE the one turning a blind eye to things. There are disputes all the time between posters. Hell, when xfear is a regular, we rarely go a month without a knockdown dragout brawl, using the most clever ways we can think of to insult each other's intelligence. Stormtrooper and Big Sexy just had a big brawl over Tim Tebow. Klunderbunker and Xfear get into each other's faces. Alitude (or whatever his name was) and I got into a huge argument over John Cena and he called me every insult he could think of and never once received an Infraction from me.

The fact is you don't know what you're talking about. And you don't know what you're talking about, because you're too busy whining about the fact everyone is out to get you, when the fact is most people here don't give a fuck about you.

But you are not most other people Sly. Maybe that doesn't apply as much to you but lets be honest, you don't exactly take kindly to people when they respond to you.
It depends entirely on two things. How respectful are they being to me and how intelligent is what they are saying. If they say something reasonably intelligent and incredibly respectful, they get a respectful comment in return. Go check out Dagger Dias "Apology" thread for the debate SavageTaker and I had. It was intense, but SavageTaker even repped me saying he liked having the debate and how I was being respectful. It helps when you say reasonably intelligent things and are respectful to me.

But if you say something stupid, or say it disrespectfully, you get the same in return.

Lets look at your recipe shall we: Person puts up post, you go through and try to tear it to shreds, they respond in defense, you dismiss everything they say, make fun of them, and just discredit their points
Yep.

without making any other points to explain why theirs were so invalid.
If I discredited their points, then I made points to explain why theirs were so invalid. That's kind of how you discredit someone's argument.

That's you about 90% of the time.
Yep.

Not wanting anything to do with other people standing up to your attacks, and what else do you do? Instead of having this "Intelligent Debate" you were talking about you dismiss them and their arguments as stupid because you don't agree and then use that as justification to mock them as you even said earlier in this very post.
No, I dismiss this as being stupid because they are. Like many of your complaints regarding how our Staff runs the forum.

Just look at the last two posts I've made to you. When you say reasonable things, I respond reasonably. When you say stupid things, I point out they're stupid. What amazes me is the fact you want people to believe you recognize this, and yet you keep saying stupid things and then act offended when you're mocked.

Don't you think it's telling that basically no one here has agreed with your opinions on the Staff?

At least you are finally being honest and admitting that you can't handle other peoples views here and refuse to have intelligent conversation about it. You still think it justification to treat people like dirt though? Maybe you shouldn't answer that.
I've never once not been honest. I don't want to hear how it's okay for you to kill me because you're too mentally weak to not smoke cigarettes. Was I ever unclear on that subject? Did I not say essentially the same thing in that thread?

There is no intelligent debate to be had on this subject. You are mentally weak and want it to be okay to kill me. I'm sorry, but I won't have a debate on that. I'll be more than happy to discuss with you ways which can help you stop killing me, but I will not hear arguments on why it is okay for you to kill me. There is no intelligent argument which can be had on that subject.

If you don't want me to mock you, just admit it's a mental weakness you have, and apologize for killing me.

Again you show my words to ring true. Thank you.
Yes, it is true you are acting like a raving idiot. I don't think anyone in this thread has disagreed with that.

I'd say it's quite the opposite. Anyone who is intelligent enough to see the bullshit that goes on here and call you out, you try to label as being someone who is stupid and should be dismissed because in truth you can't stand up to it because it IS the truth.
:lmao:

I have whipped your ass up and down this thread, and done so in only two posts. I'm pretty certain that's not it.

You simply don't want to..do anything to make any changes
Exactly right. Why? Because I know what it's like to run a wrestling forum, and you don't. Because I've been doing this for three years and you're only bitching because you don't know how to follow the rules. When it comes to running a web forum, I'll take my opinion over yours every day of the week.

It's people who pander and kiss ass for the most part that do well around here.
:lmao:

And yet, Xfear is a G-Mod, and has never once kissed my ass or Klunderbunkers. In fact, he's done exactly the opposite. You keep making an ass out of yourself.

but you being the main guy here(or at least one of them) not only propagate that issue, but refuse to even admit it actually exists or do anything about it.
What the fuck are you talking about? I've admitted, on several occasions, I mock stupid people. How the fuck is that me refusing to admit it exists? I've acknowledged you don't know how to follow the rules, how is that me refusing to exist? What the fuck are you talking about?

You see, this is one of those examples of you saying something incredibly stupid. And you deserve to be mocked for it. Dumbass.

Sly I swear to God, if your intentions are truly noble and you seek to help people improve than why don't you take a different approach that doesn't involve trying to break people down and hurt their feelings?
Because I find this way works better. :shrug:

When I first got on these forums, it was in the middle of John Cena hate. I was the lone Cena defender against basically an entire forum of haters. But after a long time mocking and ridiculing the stupid arguments which came up, I eventually convinced people I was right about John Cena. Now, you'll find that most of the regulars here either like Cena, respect his work and/or recognize he's not as bad as they first thought.

I do what I think is best. And I really don't give a damn if you like it or not.

What you and these other people do is almost by definition Cyber Bullying and it needs to stop man.
The difference is I mock posts and things said, not people, and no one has to come read what I say. So fuck off.

I know I come off as a major dick because I am the one bringing it to you
A major dick? No. A complete dumbass? Yes.

Don't you understand my plight
Yes. You're upset because we won't bend the rules to accommodate your lack of desire to follow them. I understand completely.

Do you also not see that while I may come off as a dick, my interests are only to help improve things here for everyone?
No, because your interests are not to help everyone, they are to help you. You're being a selfish bastard, and trying to cloak it in altruistic actions. Furthermore, you don't know what you're talking about, you haven't even been on this forum for 6 months which means you don't know what it was like before you got here, and I know a lot more about how to run a place than you do.

If you want to help people, don't tell Staff members we don't know how to do our jobs. Because we do. In fact, do me a favor. Send a PM to Klunderbunker, and ask him just how much more insight he has gotten into why the forum is run the way it is since he became an Administrator. Every step up the Staff ladder, you understand more and more why things are done the way they are. And when you've been an Administrator for two years, when you've seen numerous bot attacks and you've seen posters like Sully create over 50 Alt accounts, and you have the technical knowledge I have, you'll understand a lot more why we do things the way we do.

But until that moment comes, you're ignorant. So I suggest you simply acknowledge your ignorance and be on your way.

Think about it, if people are happier because they feel safer to speak their minds
Nothing stops them from speaking their minds now. We've never once handed out Discipline for what people say, but rather because they didn't follow the rules when they said it. That's not going to change.

the mods ease up a bit on busting peoples asses, and you just treat people a little more kindly, how much less headaches are you going to have? Quite a few, and I bet you anything people post better, people respond better to the mods when they do infract people especially if they do it in a more friendly manner, and I would bet you anything that more people post as well, producing better conversation.
:lmao::lmao:

Really? You think so? Here are all the messages YOU received when receiving your Warnings and Infractions.

We already have a Vengeance aftermath thread for this.
A sticky thread already exists on this in the PPV section.
Please remove the word "*****z" from your sig. This type of prejudiced language is not allowed.
If you had crafted a well thought out response, why not post it? The CL isn't the place to air your grievances with another member, its for discussion of the issue I've brought up. If you want to show your disagreement with someone or what they said, you need to stay on topic as well.
You still keep breaking rules? No spam.

The first four were polite and respectful and before your banning. Didn't prevent you from acting like an asshole.

In the request that came to me to come and stand for these two individuals who have fallen prey of those drunk with power, it was also requested that a petition be started to see these two released as they were unjustly imprisoned. It is the motivation of myself and this thread to put the pressure on the higher ups to admit their wrongdoing in jumping to punish these two posters, and with the support of enough of you, to mandate that these two be released immediately.
http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=197964

Does it suck to constantly be proven wrong?

Bottom line, I'm not trying to be your enemy I ultimately am trying to be your friend.
No, bottom line is you want us to change the rules because you can't be bothered with adhering to them.

Nice way to dodge the issue there Mitt Romney
Not dodging anything. What I'm telling you is that people like me serve two roles. The first role is as a poster and the second is as a Staff member. When I'm calling you a dumbass, I'm doing it in my role as a poster. When I give you an Infraction, I'm doing it in my role as a Staff member. There is no overlap between them.

Not dodging anything, you just have to be intelligent enough to understand what I'm saying.

Then why do they get away with flaming people all the time, or at least speaking to people in a manner that would get other people an infraction for flaming?
They don't. :shrug:

They just know and understand the rules better than you do. They know how to flame someone, but still do it in a relevant post to the subject, which negates the flame rule. Again, I point you back to Alitude and the debate I had with him in the Cena forum. He flamed me constantly in that thread, and never once received an Infraction.

Again, the problem here is not with us, but with you not understanding the rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back