• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

At least 27 People Dead, 18 of them children.

All I know is that my odds of surviving a home invasion are far greater with a gun then without.

You sure about that? What if I came to rob your house and had no intention of killing you. You pull a gun out and now I have to defend myself so I use my gun, which I already have out. You better hope your a faster and better shot than I am. What if you're not?

It's true to say that you're twice as likely to be burgled in the UK as in the US, but you're 30 times more likely to have someone accidentally killed by a firearm in your home. These are the facts, it's up to you to decide if that trade off is worth it.

I think I'm the exception to the rule here. I've been around firearms in one capacity or the other since I was about 7. Plus the extensive training I have in the military when it comes to weapons handling gives me pretty good knowledge about how to handle weapons.

My wife has a C&C permit as well, and I've tried to teach her pretty much everything I know about weapons. When we have kids though, you can bet your sweet sweet ass our guns will be under lock and key until I feel comfortable teaching them how to shoot.

To me guns are a great hobby, and I enjoy being able to go shoot at a range with my wife (plus she looks fucking hot holding my AR-15). It's not just about protecting myself, but that's a little bonus.

You sure about that? What if I came to rob your house and had no intention of killing you. You pull a gun out and now I have to defend myself so I use my gun, which I already have out. You better hope your a faster and better shot than I am. What if you're not?

I don't care if you came in my house to rob me with a goddamn teddy bear. You come to my house with intention to do harm in ANY way I'm gonna make you look like swiss cheese.

I don't care if you came in my house to rob me with a goddamn teddy bear. You come to my house with intention to do harm in ANY way I'm gonna make you look like swiss cheese.

Because no one could possibly get you first? You're just that much of a badass? You may have some training but the problem is every random schmuck thinks they would suddenly be invincible with a gun in their hands.

If anything, I'm learning that if I ever need to rob a house, to bring a gun and to kill the owner of the house in their sleep.

Because no one could possibly get you first? You're just that much of a badass? You may have some training but the problem is every random schmuck thinks they would suddenly be invincible with a gun in their hands.

Trust me guy, no one could get me first. First of all, I'm a light sleeper, and every time I hear any kind of sound outside my house I'm up and investigating. If someone tried to get into my house, I most definatley would be able to get the jump on them, because I have a blueprint of my house that I study constantly to try to find ways that I could get the jump on them. Plus, if they came into a room, the doorway's a fatal funnel that I would be able to eliminate them in.

I'm not a gun nut, and I don't think I'm invincible, but If I can survive a deployment to Iraq, and if I really don't give a fuck about what it takes to defend my house, you're going the fuck down.

Cool. Now I know I'll have to make my entry into one of your children's rooms, and hold a gun to their head while forcing your wife/girlfriend to bind you.

I direct you back my earlier statement on the last page - about the court case I went to. This guy comes in your house, unarmed, you shoot him, dead. Ignoring the fact you have just taken the law into your own hands,you have no idea how your bullet will hit him and where it will go, assuming you shoot him and don't miss. It could go through him, through the plasterboard and into one of your family. It could go through him, through the window and into some poor bastard driving past, and even if you're Wild Bill Hickok, you're not going to be able to legislate for that.

Cool. I'll make sure that when I have to rob a house, I'll pick one that has kids, just in case the homeowner has a gun.

Just a practical fuck. Your gun hasn't saved your house from robbery in this theoretical scenario, your failure to procreate has. I just came up with the most practical solution for robbing a house in a situation where the homeowner is possibly armed with an accessible weapon.

The possibility of encountering an armed homeowner has drastically upped the level of violence I must use in order to rob a house, without reducing the feasibility of robbing a house.

I'd rather be stolen from than kill/maim somebody. I've been lead, by many years on the internet, to believe this is a rather unusual point of view.

All I'm saying is I have a lot of friends that do have kids that wouldn't hesitate to shoot you in the head if you had a gun to thier kid's head. And to the question what would I do if I have two people in my house?

My wife would shoot the other one.

Who the hell are your friends, Keyser Soze?

That's nice, however, that you have friends who can either draw, arm, and fire faster than someone else can pull the trigger; either that, or you have friends who would let someone kill their child so that they could kill someone trying to kill their child.

Who the hell are your friends, Keyser Soze?

That's nice, however, that you have friends who can either draw, arm, and fire faster than someone else can pull the trigger; either that, or you have friends who would let someone kill their child so that they could kill someone trying to kill their child.

I've been in the Army for 6 years now. Most of my friends are guys that I've served with, and all of them have A lot of experience with weapons. Hell, my best friend is a former sniper who had more than one shot at over a mile with a .50 caliber sniper rifle.

I'm not here to argue or talk shit and play "what if" all night long. All I'm saying, and my original point was that I see where gun control is needed, and I think something needs to be done, but I also believe in my right to protect my house if necessarry.

I've been in the Army for 6 years now. Most of my friends are guys that I've served with, and all of them have A lot of experience with weapons. Hell, my best friend is a former sniper who had more than one shot at over a mile with a .50 caliber sniper rifle.

I'm not here to argue or talk shit and play "what if" all night long. All I'm saying, and my original point was that I see where gun control is needed, and I think something needs to be done, but I also believe in my right to protect my house if necessarry.
But we are playing what if. You've told me that a weapon will protect your home. I've demonstrated how the possibility of a weapon in your home has drastically increased the violence I need to use in order to achieve my objective. This is all OK, because you have friends who are willing to risk their children's lives in order to try and kill someone.

Saying "gun control, but not for me" doesn't actually do anything, beyond trying to make you look like you're reasonable to the gun control crowd.

What? When I feel I've demolished someone's arguments, as I do in this case, I'm not a big fan of "let's agree to disagree". That implies that we both agree to respect that the other has valid points, which in this case, I don't.

They already have them, so if you take them from those that legal have them, who does that leave with them? Because, this argument that criminals are suddenly going to follow the law and turn in their guns is simply wrong.
That must be why firearm tragedies in Australia have decreased every year since 1999, despite the gun ban which went into effect in 1996, right?

Oh wait, you were talking out of your ass again. You just can't seem to remove your head from there, can you?

Could our citizens being armed be part of the reason this country has never had to fight a war on it's own soil(excluding Revolutionary, 1812, and Civil war)?

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

...hold on, I need to catch my breath...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes, you've nailed it. The only reason the Cold War never went hot was because Russia knew if it invaded America, it'd have to deal with Bubba in backwood Louisiana who is sporting his grandpappy's shotgun. But for Bubba's grandpappy, we'd all be speaking Russian right now.

But hell, that's quickly becoming history. Let's just look at today. If not for all the poorly trained gun enthusiasts in America, who knows what those war-mongering Canadians might do!

Have I made my point yet or was I too subtle?
This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this site. Congrats.

Just be thankful we don't have more delusional gun enthusiasts on this site.
I disagree, but fair enough.

How can you disagree about what Thriller has read? Because no one disagrees (except perhaps for you) that your comment was dumb.
The last time there was a ground invasion of Britain was in 1066.

See what happens when you arm your citizenry?

Wait...you have strict gun control?
What benefit? Who is, was or will be planning to attack the US only to be put off by all the gun nuts?
In fairness, there's no telling what them damn Haitians might do...
All I know is that my odds of surviving a home invasion are far greater with a gun then without.

As are the odds of you shooting yourself, shooting someone you care about, having the gun fall in the hands of careless children, etc. Not to mention your odds of actually having your home invaded decrease as well.

But hey, at least you've looked at this from all sides.
Oh yeah. I have a .45 in my nightstand by my bed, a gun in my living room and a gun in our guest bed room.

You come in my house, and you're gonna leave with a couple of holes.

The sheer glee you seem to have for shooting people saddens me, it truly does. How can one person have such little regard for human life? Keep in mind, you're not indicating you'd only shoot if your life was in danger, you're not indicating you'd only shoot after assessing the situation...if there's someone in your house, they're dead. That's your mentality.

How can you possibly think like this?
I'll take my chances.

Congratulations. You just claimed responsibility for the deaths of 20 children, just so you can have a toy in case some hypothetical scenario, with a very small chance of occurring, was to ever happen.

What's the matter with you? How can you possibly think the murder of children is simply the price we must pay for you to keep your toy?
So this thread went from the tragedy of kids getting shot to how to rob a guys house using kids as shields... Interesting.
Unfortunately, sometimes it seems as if the only way to get through to gun nuts is to speak crazy. It's the only thing they seem to understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back