Armageddon: Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show

Singles Match
Jeff Hardy vs Triple H

On the surface, the showdown between Triple H and Jeff Hardy at Armageddon appears odd because these are two Superstars who do not have a budding rivalry with each other. The Game doesn’t covet Jeff’s Intercontinental Championship, and the Master of the Swanton Bomb doesn’t seem – at least on the surface – to want to use Triple H as a steppingstone into the upper echelon of WWE.

But perhaps Jeff Hardy should see The King of Kings as a steppingstone. A victory over the 11-time World Champion would be a defining moment in his career and potentially put him in line for an opportunity at the WWE Championship.

Triple H and Jeff share a bond and mutual respect that was forged from being teammates on victorious Survivor Series teams two consecutive years. They have also watched each other in the ring and admired each other’s work ethic and ring style. Years ago, they even battled against each other in the ring, as Jeff won the first of his four Intercontinental Championships from Triple H in 2001.

"Stepping into the ring with Triple H will be an honor," Jeff said on Raw. "We've been on an incredible roll since Survivor Series. I just hope what happens at Armageddon doesn't ruin our friendship."

Winning the WWE Championship has long been a dream of Jeff Hardy. Before Cyber Sunday, he admitted that his career wouldn’t feel complete without winning the most coveted prize in sports-entertainment. Defeating The Game would help him make great progress toward getting that golden opportunity.

But Triple H will not lay down for anybody, no matter how much he respects them. He wants to show the world, at Jeff Hardy’s expense, that he is still truly The King of Kings, the Superstar by which all other Superstars are measured.

"I've never been good at the 'friends' thing, Jeff," Triple H told Hardy. "Just remember, at Armageddon, you're not stepping into the ring with a partner. You're not stepping into the ring with a friend. You're stepping into the ring with The Game."

What will happen when the “Rainbow-haired Warrior” and The Game collide at Armageddon? Catch Armageddon live on pay-per-view and find out.

Definitely a match I am interested in seeing. However I hate it when WWE just throws a match together like this. Where is the build? You go from having them be sole-survivors at Survivor Series to facing one another at the next PPV? Why not have them take on Cade and Murdoch for the tag titles? And then during the match you could tease friction between the two, leading to a match at the Royal Rumble. That way people will be into seeing it more than they are now.

you know there are only two good things about this match.
1. that we are going to see some great wrestling thats going to be good for armaggedon.
and second is that this is where HHH can turn heel witch can lead to HHH/Y2J feud a HHH/HBK feud, this match might be where you have to read between the lines and look to the future, because rivalry wise this match is pointless, HHH doesnt want the intercontinental title n hardy he has a respect for HHH

Not sure what to make of this match. Can't say I care too much about watching it. What I will find annoying is if HHH doesn't bury Hardy. He's done it to everyone else who he come into contact with, so why not Jeff? Umaga had far more potential and now he's just a mid carder.

I'm very interested, not to watch the match, but to see the outcome. So many possiblities here. If Jeff wins hecould be thrown into the main event scene. HHH could simply win and bury Jeff like everyone else. HHH could go heel in this match setting up for a longer feud with Jeff. A lot of potential things happening in this match. I for one expect HHH to actually loose this match, but not cleanly ie. foot on the rope that ref does not see. Then HHH freaks out on Hardy.

I think this will be a hard fought, entertaining match. I think Trips will bust out some heel tactis during it, but maintain his face status. I think Hardy will go over in an upset fashion, probably being pummeled by Trips for the majority of the match. This could catapult Jeff into main event status, and begin a triple H heel turn, as he feels like he wasnt savage enough in his match to win, therefore begins to cheat and be more heelish to make up for it. Or I could see it goin in a way were Jeff finally overcomes Trips after a huge beatdown, and trips gives him the ol head nod and handshake ending. It would suprise many if this ending happened and had no heel turn.

I'm very interested, not to watch the match, but to see the outcome. So many possiblities here. If Jeff wins hecould be thrown into the main event scene. HHH could simply win and bury Jeff like everyone else. HHH could go heel in this match setting up for a longer feud with Jeff. A lot of potential things happening in this match. I for one expect HHH to actually loose this match, but not cleanly ie. foot on the rope that ref does not see. Then HHH freaks out on Hardy.

I totally agree. If the backstage rumors are true and Triple H really wants to push Hardy (I hope so), he'll lose this match rather than bury him, but at the same time, he'll probably want to feud with him, so he'll turn heel in the process. I could definitely even see Hardy getting the clean win and Triple H being pissed that he was one-upped, then cost Hardy the IC title against someone (Kennedy or whatever). They feud for a little bit, Hardy comes out on top and has just stepped on a stool to the main event level. Heel Triple H moves on to Jericho, HBK, or Cena if he's back by that time.

I'm, really looking forward to see this match, just because these two haven't faced each other in some time. I really hope that Jeff Hardy wins this, and not just because Hardy's one of my favorite wrestlers, but because it will give more respect to Triple H. I mean, the most unselfish thing that HHH has done since he's come back is not score the winning pin-fall for his team at Survivor Series, but still be one the survivors. I'd also like to HHH go heel again because RAW's in need of good heels and HHH won't just run around and destroy everyone like he is now if he was a heel.

Triple H is getting the shovel ready because he's gonna be doing some major burying. In all seriousness this match makes little sense and will be pretty boring. They will probably open the show with this. After the match I see HHH's heel turn coming as he'll hit Hardy with the sledgehammer.

WWE should really stop putting HHH in one sided matched just to bury the oponent. I see HHH winning the match here, and then going on to beat Orton for the title at the Royal Rumble.

I think Trips will just in the end burry Hardy, on his way to becoming champ again. He realizes he has burried almost all heel possibilites so now he will burry one of Raw's top faces. If in fact HHH wins this and burries Hardy then it is pretty obvious. I would really like for Hardy to get a win then have HHH attack him and go heel since I think it would help elevate Hardy. I just think HHH may just be using Hardy to further himself.

I think that if Jeff does not win this match then he will win the rumble, its about time for him to be champ, hes the biggest drawer in WWE history (-Hogan in the 80's) hes not half bad as a wrestler, sure his mic skills arent good, but obviously WWE doesnt care about a lack in skills (Lashley, Cena)

Triple H will win no question. He's so desperate to get over with the fans he's clinging to Hardy for dear life. The irony is when he beats Jeff it will have the opposite effect.

To the last poster I seriously doubt Jeff Hardy is the 2nd biggest draw in wrestling history after Hulk Hogan...that's a little bit silly.

I think that if Jeff does not win this match then he will win the rumble, its about time for him to be champ, hes the biggest drawer in WWE history (-Hogan in the 80's)

Thats ridiculous jeff hardy 2nd biggest drawer in wwe history? For god sakes the man hes fighting against in armageddon is a way bigger draw then him.i wouldnt even consider him in the top 10 drawers of all time.

As for the match i see triple winning here and then moving on to beat randy for the title the man just cant stay away from the title picture to long.

I wouldn't say Jeff's the biggest drawer in history, no way, but he certainly has been proving himself lately enough that he shouldn't just flat out get buried by Triple H here.

Triple H winning (and especially if he wins the title on top of it) does nothing positive for anybody, not even himself. It'd just be him trying to add another notch to his belt. Though I normally try to defend Triple H a little when the whole "he's too into politics" thing comes up, if he gets a clean win over Jeff, then beats Orton for the title, I would hope that everyone else in the locker room just beats his ass for being so self-serving. He has an opportunity here to skyrocket Hardy into the main event, but if he chooses to turn it into *********ion for himself, he should be ashamed.

I think that if Jeff does not win this match then he will win the rumble, its about time for him to be champ, hes the biggest drawer in WWE history (-Hogan in the 80's) hes not half bad as a wrestler, sure his mic skills arent good, but obviously WWE doesnt care about a lack in skills (Lashley, Cena)

Are you seriously sure you meant to say JEFF, & not Triple H? Because why would you believe Jeff Hardy is the second biggest draw, behind Hulk Hogan. Where exactly did you come to this conclusion?

I can see Jeff Hardy winning the match, to gain a title shot that'd never amount to anything. More so than I can see him winning the Royal Rumble. But, with recent storyline rumors & development, apparently Triple H. will win this match, then take the Championship from Randy Orton.. so Batista can switch brands & seemingly get a title shot for 9 straight monthes, on the RAW side of things this next year... *yawn*

Personally, I'd RATHER see Jeff Hardy win.. but he won't be taking the World title into Wrestlemania. Jeff Hardy, to me & likely most of the world, isn't big enough to Main Event a Wrestlemania. Randy Orton isn't even THAT big.. & I know Hardy isn't bigger than Orton.

[/QUOTE]Jeff Hardy, to me & likely most of the world, isn't big enough to Main Event a Wrestlemania. Randy Orton isn't even THAT big.. & I know Hardy isn't bigger than Orton.[/QUOTE]

i have to disagree with you there man. i mean jeff is a good wrestler ( in good matches) and he is improving on the mic. i mean he is big enough to be world champ (the ratings would rise up heaps IMO) but i just think he doesn't have the size or bulkeness to be a champion. i mean you only see champs who have muscle ( or who shows it),(batista the roided ass). hey dont get me wrong i am a big jeff fan but to me he doesn't show enough muscle.

like i no muscle doesn't mean anything but only people who show it become champions to me.( i no stone cold didn't show that much but he has got more than jeff atleast)

i have to disagree with you there man. i mean jeff is a good wrestler ( in good matches) and he is improving on the mic. i mean he is big enough to be world champ (the ratings would rise up heaps IMO) but i just think he doesn't have the size or bulkeness to be a champion. i mean you only see champs who have muscle ( or who shows it),(batista the roided ass). hey dont get me wrong i am a big jeff fan but to me he doesn't show enough muscle.

like i no muscle doesn't mean anything but only people who show it become champions to me.( i no stone cold didn't show that much but he has got more than jeff atleast)

Okay, first.. I'm not a Batista fan, but has it ever been proven that he was on the juice? I know he's ripped, but so is Bobby Lashley & Scott Steiner, & I think it was proven that they've both worked to gain their muscle.

Anyways, onto the point.. Jeff Hardy doesn't need to show muscle to become World Champion. In my opinion, Jeff Hardy is the Shawn Michaels of 1992. He's just now starting to gain some type of momentum, but he isn't Wrestlemania Main Event quality. He has the ability to headline a Summerslam, or Survivor Series, Royal Rumble even.. but not Wrestlemania.

And Randy Orton is definately not muscle-toned. If anything, Hardy has more muscle than Orton. I think its all on your character. Hardy's character appeals to some fans, but it doesn't attract an overall pop that they'd like, the size of your Shawn Michaels, or Triple H's, or even your Chris Jericho's. Which is why any one of those three would be better served to headline this year's WM more than Jeff Hardy.

Give Hardy about 2 solid years, & he could likely be headlining & winning at the Wrestlemania Main Event level. But he has to develop solidly on the mic, then figure out how to wrestle beyond high risk, high spot moves. Because thats all he really has, & its doubtful he'll be wrestling anything, let alone Main Events, within 2-3 yrs. from now, if he continues to destroy his body.

Okay, first.. I'm not a Batista fan, but has it ever been proven that he was on the juice? I know he's ripped, but so is Bobby Lashley & Scott Steiner, & I think it was proven that they've both worked to gain their muscle.
ar i'm pretty sure he is on the juice i mean this dude probaly has veins popping out his dick man( lol but it's hard to see because he has got butts)

Anyways, onto the point.. Jeff Hardy doesn't need to show muscle to become World Champion. In my opinion, Jeff Hardy is the Shawn Michaels of 1992. He's just now starting to gain some type of momentum, but he isn't Wrestlemania Main Event quality. He has the ability to headline a Summerslam, or Survivor Series, Royal Rumble even.. but not Wrestlemania.
Sorry but i do think michaels has got muscle and did have when he was young to.

And Randy Orton is definately not muscle-toned. If anything, Hardy has more muscle than Orton. I think its all on your character. Hardy's character appeals to some fans, but it doesn't attract an overall pop that they'd like, the size of your Shawn Michaels, or Triple H's, or even your Chris Jericho's. Which is why any one of those three would be better served to headline this year's WM more than Jeff Hardy.
you dont think he has got muscle. did you see the lastest wwe magazine ( i think anyways) in the section where wwe superstars tell you what to do to work out. orton had pretty big muscles. who can also see aswell when he wrestles

Give Hardy about 2 solid years, & he could likely be headlining & winning at the Wrestlemania Main Event level. But he has to develop solidly on the mic, then figure out how to wrestle beyond high risk, high spot moves. Because thats all he really has, & its doubtful he'll be wrestling anything, let alone Main Events, within 2-3 yrs. from now, if he continues to destroy his body.

why give him that long why not do it now while he is still intrested in the business.

oh, my bad by drawer i meant fan reaction, he has a better reaction than DX did when they were cool, my ears almost exploded when i was at a show, it was louder for Hardy than it was for Cena or HBK...

Well it's obvious that HHH is going to win and get the match at the rumble with Orton. How many times have we seen this crap? I'm tired of the same old feuds being re-done. they should give us something we havent seen yet for the wwe title ands that hardy vs orton. didnt we just see orton and triple h at no mercy, not once, but TWICE?? and this crap about triple h and batista and Mania, is just that....crap. that match sucked balls the first time they had it on mania. it isnt deserving of being the main event for the second time in the last 3 or 4 years. i understand cena is out and they need big matches, but come on. give us something else as the main event. i would rather see triple h turn heel and wrestle flair or possibly even triple h vs finlay. that would be better than batista.

Well it's obvious that HHH is going to win and get the match at the rumble with Orton. How many times have we seen this crap? I'm tired of the same old feuds being re-done. they should give us something we havent seen yet for the wwe title ands that hardy vs orton. didnt we just see orton and triple h at no mercy, not once, but TWICE?? and this crap about triple h and batista and Mania, is just that....crap. that match sucked balls the first time they had it on mania. it isnt deserving of being the main event for the second time in the last 3 or 4 years. i understand cena is out and they need big matches, but come on. give us something else as the main event. i would rather see triple h turn heel and wrestle flair or possibly even triple h vs finlay. that would be better than batista.

are you serious batista vs hhh at mania 21 was pretty good. second or thrid best that night. another thing how is it obvious that hhh is gonna win, i bet more people think jeff is gonna win than hhh because they no jeff is gonna get his chance soon.

don't get me wrong i love jeff, but how many times have we seen orton vs hardy on raw, to many. personaly i would love to see another hhh vs orton feud for about one maybe two months. heck batista vs hhh at mania wouldbn't be to bad either. honestly who would like to see hhh kill finlay. finaly is way out of hhh's lead ( at least to vs him at mania)

i didnt think that match was too good at wm 21 either, the hell in a cell they had was great. but obviously they cant do that at mania. i just dont see hardy getting the win in this match anymore. they will have him lose and use the ladder match on raw as an excuse, saying he was too worn down or something. i'll be shocked if jeff wins this match. and its obvious triple h is going to win because they posted on wrestlezone saying that triple h will win the title at the rumble(as that was the plan at the time)

and its obvious triple h is going to win because they posted on wrestlezone saying that triple h will win the title at the rumble(as that was the plan at the time)

ar dude it was a rumour because how the hell are they meant to no now. why not wait until the rumble and then decide what to do because batista could get injured, hhh could get injured. batista might be hated by the fans so then wwe will not make the match because it will get them less provit. heck who would wont to see a batista vs hhh or heel vs heel for title. yes i said it heel vs heel. hhh will turn heel it's all he is good at when he isn't teaming. batista is to hated to be a face now ( even no he gets pops at sd! it's just the kids and ugly chick and maybe hot ones). you would be better of having funaki vs punk for the wwe title than them. i bet you 1,000,000 dollars that it DOES NOT HAPPEN

kapish!!!

What should happen. Triple H should lie on his back and put Jeff Hardy over. Jeff Hardy should go onto feud with Randy Orton at the Royal Rumble. This way, you put Jeff in a title match with zero pressure on him. No one will watch the Royal Rumble for a Jeff Hardy/Randy Orton match, it will just happen to be there. Then you have Hardy go after Orton again at No Way Out with the rumored Smackdown Elimination Chamber taking the limelight away from Hardy. You give Hardy two consecutive months to pull off a good main event feud to see if he is ready. If he's ready, he wins MITB, if not, MVP gets the nod.

What Will Happen: Triple H buries another person on is way to his 12th title at the Royal Rumble so we can have an all Kliq main event at Wrestlemania with Shawn Michaels.

I don't think there is any chance of HHH winning this one. He's determined to put over somebody who doesn't deserve it. Also I think The Rumble title match makes it easy to predict. It's going to be Oton/HHH at Mania. So there is no way that we'll see it just a few months earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back