• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Another Joe Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
According to the main page which has a report from Joe's twitter page, he's torn his tricep. If I remember correctly, that's a very serious injury and he'll miss some significant time. What does this mean for Joe and for TNA?

While obviously not good, I think it's not as bad as people might think it is. Joe is a big name in the company, but he's not a huge one. This however is proof that TNA's new taping strategy is dangerous, as I believe Joe was supposed to be in the KOTM match at Slammiversary. Now they won't be able to get anything on TV for that until the PPV, which is going to be a big problem. As for Joe himself, he was kind of just floating around anyway so is this really a big deal? i'd think not so much. He's not as big of a deal as he used to be, but he's a soilid upper midcard/main event guy. Not a huge blow, but certainly a blow.

This can't be good for TNA. Based on recent events, and the last episode of Impact. Joe was entering a feud with the Main Event Mafia. Now this feud really can't be altered for now, since they tape ahead of time. A real drawback in their current TV program method. What they will probably end up doing is having Joe get attacked by someone, putting him out for a couple of months. Probably a MEM member. This is the most likely solution, but would kill Joe's momentum. He was finally starting to get interesting with this mystery advisor and wanting to take out MEM, and now this happens. Shame

Maybe they could keep him on TV and have him taken out on the Slammiversary PPV giving the chance for someone else to step up. Like you say its a blow considering TNA's taping method. How long will it keep him out of action?

Just when I was really starting to get into the Nation Of Violence, Joe has to get injured. I was really looking forward to see how he would excute his hitlist of the MEM, and then "kill" Kurt Angle once all the other MEM members were taken out. I think TNA will find some way to fill Joe's void. As far as Joe taking out the Mafia, TNA might have to scrap that storyline altogether. I don't think they'll have Tazz take out the MEM. It just wouldn't be believable without Joe. When it comes to the KOTM match, I hope TNA will give Joe's spot to someone on the rise, maybe Matt Morgan?

That must suck for him and what a tough break. I was actually becoming interested in him again to see what was going to happen and what he was going to do but this happens. Hopefully the injury wasn't to severe and he will not miss much time and be back soon.

I think this is another reason why TNA shouldn't have changed their taping schedule. I'm not sure if he got a King of the Mountain qualifying match or not because I haven't read the spoilers for the show, but let's say he did. So let's say he got a qualifying match and he won it. How is TNA going to announce that he got injured and won't be able to participate on the Slammiversary. They obviously shouldn't pull a bait and switch on the show even though those were probably not their intentions because the fans that went to the show and the ones watching at home and didn't know of the injury might get pissed. They could announce it though their website but not every fan goes there. We'll just have to see what happens but hopefully the injury was not to severe and he won't miss much time.

While I would never wish serious injury, or physical damage upon anyone.. This is GREAT NEWS for me on a personal level. It means I might not have to put up with watching the fat ass with the racing stripe on the side of his face play off being a protege of Taz.

As far as what this means for the business, honestly nothing. Samoa Joe may have been a name involved in the King of the Mountain match, but his most recent promo on iMPACT! was that of exclaiming to Kurt Angle that he was coming for him - to kill him. The storyline they could easily play off of, is removing Joe from television, and explaining that Angle (in fear) hired everyone and anyone (against Sting's will, mind you) to take out Samoa Joe - after threatening his life.

That would keep the storyline relevant, yet allow Joe to be once again removed from television.

On top of that, Joe clearly and very likely wasn't in-line to win the Heavyweight Championship back. (at least I hope not) He was a worthless Champion the first time around, and he's turned his style from original and unique, to brawling badly and boring to watch even more than before.. I doubt another title run would've saved that.

Here's to hoping Taz's return is for him to come back IN the ring, not just to manage Joe. (Of course, assuming Taz is the advisor behind Joe's attacks)

This shouldn't hurt T.N.A in the slightest though. Joe's most recent match on Pay per view was against Nash, and arguably it was easily forgettable. Shit, even the night of the Pay per view I didn't know Joe had a match - so he obviously hasn't been getting a lot of exposure and push like he has before. He's just kinda randomly making appearances and attacking the Mafia from time to time.

If anything else let Morgan be the guy who "takes Joe out". It'll give him even more reason to be IN the Mafia, against Sting's will - but for Angle's benefit.

I read something about a muscle. It's obviously fake. Like Kennedy's wrist injury.

This would be bad news if Joe wasn't grossly overweight and he was actually doing something of note. It shows how far he's fallen that this thread doesn't have 10 posts in it. I look forward to his return when he will have made his full transformation into Rikishi.

How many fat jokes can be made about Joe before it stops being funny? Seriously, it's rather ammusing. At least Jake's are original. Kinda blows tho. You don't wanna wish injury on someone. Hopefully he will be back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back