2015 Wrestling Awards Nominations

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
As usual, you all get to choose the nominees for the end of the year awards. The nominations are open now and will close at the end of the year with polls opening on New Year's Day and running for about two weeks after. Here are the categories:

1. Wrestler of the Year
2. Match of the Year
3. Moment of the Year
4. Worst Angle of the Year
5. Surprise of the Year
6. Worst Match of the Year
7. Best Angle of the Year
8. Non-Wrestler of the Year
9. Feud of the Year
10. Rookie of the Year
11. Title Reign of the Year
12. Best Major Show of the Year
13. Most Improved Wrestler of the Year
14. Worst Wrestler of the Year
15. Promo of the Year
16. News Story of the Year
17. Worst Major Show of the Year
18. Group/Tag Team of the Year
19. Best Entrance

If there's another category that you would like to see, let me know and I'll consider it.

Go.

Wrestler of the Year

Seth Rollins

Match of the Year

Prince Puma vs. Johnny Mundo, All Night Long

Moment of the Year

Bayley becomes NXT Women's Champion

Worst Angle of the Year

Rusev/Lana/Ziggler love triangle

Surprise of the Year

Kevin Owens defeats John Cena in his WWE Raw debut

Worst Match of the Year

2015 Royal Rumble match

Best Angle of the Year

Lucha Underground season 1

Non-Wrestler of the Year

Renee Young

Feud of the Year

Brock Lesnar/The Undertaker

Rookie of the Year

Sting

Title Reign of the Year

John Cena, WWE United States Champion, March 29 - August 23

Worst Wrestler of the Year

Eva Marie

Promo of the Year

Paul Heyman, "Glory, glory, Brock Lesnar!" WWE Raw, August 17

News Story of the Year

TNA kicks out at two and a half... again!

Group/Tag Team of the Year

The New Day

Here are my nominations:

1. Wrestler of the Year - Seth Rollins. He went from being "The Future" to "The Present," but by the time he was gone, he really was "The Man."

2. Match of the Year - Brock Lesnar (c) vs John Cena vs Seth Rollins for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. This match went for around 30 minutes and was packed with action throughout. Double German Suplexes to J&J security, Lesnar going through the table on the outside, the debut of the Phoenix Splash, the MITB briefcase coming into play, and finally The Beast conquering Rollins with the F-5.

3. Moment of the Year - Charlotte, Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch making their main roster debut and immobilising the veteran divas with their trademark submission maneuvers.
Another awesome moment was during the Triple-H vs Sting match at WrestleMania 31, when the nWo came out to even the odds against DX.

4. Worst Angle of the Year - Bray Wyatt vs The Undertaker. The Undertaker didn't even appear once during the lead-up to the match, leaving Wyatt to carry the "feud" by himself. It just seemed like Taker didn't care anymore.

5. Surprise of the Year - Samoa Joe makes his first WWE appearance at NXT Takeover: Unstoppable.

6. Worst Match of the Year - The Royal Rumble Match. It was a horribly-booked match, and it felt like they spat in our face for the second year in a row. I was not angry about the things that happened, as much as much as how those things happened. Bubba's very early elimination, Daniel Bryan eliminated in an anti-climatic way, knowing who #29 and #30 would be even before they entered, Kane and Big Show - the two most boring superstars - eliminating fan favourites Ziggler, Wyatt and Ambrose, only to get eliminated by Roman Reigns, as anyone would expect by that point, and finally, sending The Rock out to try and soothe the fans.

7. Best Angle of the Year - The concept of John Cena's United States title open challenge every week, was something special and made the United States Championship more relevant than it had been for a long time.

8. Non-Wrestler of the Year - Stephen Amell as Neville's tag team partner at Summer Slam. It was the best performance by a non-wrestler, in fighting capacity, that I have ever seen.

9. Feud of the Year - Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose vs The Wyatt Family (Brothers vs Family), and Roman Reigns vs The Authority (has been going on since The Shield's disbanding, with a few breaks in between).

10. Rookie of the Year - Finn Balor. He debuted late last year, and this has pretty much been his year in NXT. Fantastic wrestler, fantastic look, great on the mic, and has a great entrance music. AND... he is a face that wears a suit!

11. Title Reign of the Year - Seth Rollins with the WWE WHC. He used outside help when he could, fled the scene when he couldn't get help, and stepped up and fought when he couldn't do either. No matter what, he didn't lose the championship to anyone until he was out of action due to injury.

12. Best Major Show of the Year - If the NXT Takeovers count, I would nominate Takeover: Brooklyn. Bayley defeating Sasha Banks for the NXT Women's Title and Finn Balot successfully defending his NXT Championship against Kevin Owens, were the highlights of the night. It was a very well-booked and well-executed show.

13. Most Improved Wrestler of the Year - I would have said Roman Reigns, but that pre-customary-brawl promo on the go-home show for TLC was painful. His aggression and badassness were already there last year. I'll leave it to my fellow members to determine who is the most improved wrestler.

14. Worst Wrestler of the Year - Brie Bella. Still no improvement, still just as cringy, and still depends on her husband's signature moves. Plus we didn't see much of Cameron this year.
Other nominees- Kane and Big Show, for boring the hell out of everyone, throughout the year.

15. Promo of the Year - "I'm not finished yet, Paul." That back-and-forth between Rollins, Heyman and Lesnar was intense. John Cena did his usual "I'll kick your ass, and then I'll kick your ass" dialogue, but apart from that, it was really cool.

16. News Story of the Year - Either the death of Dusty Rhodes, or the death of Roddy Piper. Both were very shocking, and will remain in our memories for a long time.

17. Worst Major Show of the Year: Survivor Series and that TNA show (Slammiversary XIII?) where the mics stopped working. One was very underwhelming, and the other was just... minor league.

18. Group/Tag Team of the Year: The Lucha Dragons and The New Day. This has not been nearly as good a year for tag teams, as the last two years have. The Usos got injured, Los Matadores have disappeared, Prime Time Players seldom appear, and we don't know that the future holds for the League of Nations, now that Sheamus has lost the World Championship to Roman Reigns.

Wrestler of the Year: Seth Rollins

Match of the Year: Shinsuke Nakamura vs Kota Ibushi at Wrestle Kingdom

Moment of the Year: Roman Reigns finally becomes WWEWHC

Worst Angle of the Year: Dalton Castle vs Silas Young for "the boys"

Surprise of the Year: Kevin Owens pins John Cena in his debut

Worst Match of the Year: Gauntlet for the Gold at Bound for Glory

Best Angle of the Year: Briscoe/Lethal, title vs title OR US Open Challenge

Non-Wrestler of the Year: Lana

Feud of the Year: Lesnar/Taker

Rookie of the Year: Kevin Owens

Title Reign of the Year: John Cena- US Champion OR Jay Lethal- TV and World Champion

Best Major Show of the Year: Wrestlemania 31

Most Improved Wrestler of the Year: Roman Reigns

Worst Wrestler of the Year: Braun Stroman

Promo of the Year: Paul Heyman, RAW March 30, night after Mania

News Story of the Year: ROH and TNA on DA

Worst Major Show of the Year: Survivor Series

Group/Tag Team of the Year: New Day

A couple were damn tough to decide between.

Wrestler of the Year- Kevin Owens or Seth Rollins

Match of the Year -Cena vs Brock vs Rollins, Sasha vs Bayley Iron Woman match, Cesaro vs Cena US Open Challenge, Pentagon Jr vs Vampiro from Ultima Lucha, New Day vs Lucha Dragons vs Uso's Ladder Match

Moment of the Year- Rollins Cash in, Owens beats Cena in debut, Taker taps to Brock

Surprise of the Year - Dudleys Return

Best Angle of the Year - Pentagon Jr's path of destruction or Cena US Open challenge

Non-Wrestler of the Year- Corey Graves or Paul Heyman

Worst Wrestler of the Year -Eva Marie

News Story of the Year -Dusty and Piper RIP

Group/Tag Team of the Year -New Day or Gable/Jordan

Wrestler of the Year: Bayley

Match of the Year: Bayley vs. Sasha, NXT: Brooklyn

Moment of the Year: Bayley wins the women's title

Worst Angle of the Year: Rusev/Ziggler/Lana

Surprise of the Year: Seth Rollins injured for 9 months

Worst Match of the Year: Royal Rumble 2015

Best Angle of the Year: Owens vs. Zayn

Non-Wrestler of the Year: William Regal

Feud of the Year: Lesnar vs. Taker

Rookie of the Year: Kevin Owens

Title Reign of the Year: John Cena - US Title

Best Major Show of the Year: Wrestlemania 31

Most Improved Wrestler of the Year: Baron Corbin

Worst Wrestler of the Year: Big Show

Promo of the Year: Paul Heyman, the night after Wrestlemania

Yup, I'm a big ol' NXT mark.

Knew I'd come up with one soon enough, although I think my brain was trying protect me by blocking this:

Worst Major Show of the Year

Triplemania XXIII

You lied to us, Court Bauer. You lied to us bad.

1. Wrestler of the Year: Seth Rollins no doubt. Who else can say they cashed in MITB and successfully retained the WWE WHC against Sting,Brock Lesnar,John Cena,Kane and Randy Orton in the same year.

2. Match of the Year: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena vs. Seth Rollins at Royal Rumble OR Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns (vs. Seth Rollins) WrestleMania.

3. Moment of the Year:Roman Reigns wins the WWE Championship on Monday Night Raw. Rollins cash in not far behind.

4. Worst Angle of the Year:Rusev/Ziggler/Lana

5. Surprise of the Year: Seth Rollins cashes in Money In The Bank at WrestleMania DURING THE MAIN EVENT!

6. Worst Match of the Year: Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins at Battleground. It was barely even a match. It seemed like they was just stalling time until Taker came out.

7. Best Angle of the Year: The John Cena U.S. Open Challenge.

8. Non-Wrestler of the Year: Paul Heyman

9. Feud of the Year: John Cena vs. Kevin Owens

10. Rookie of the Year: Kevin Owens

11. Title Reign of the YearWWE US Champion John Cena. Seth's reign not far behind.

12. Best Major Show of the Year WWE WrestleMania 31

13. Most Improved Wrestler of the Year: Roman Reigns

14. Worst Wrestler of the Year/All-Time: Eva Marie

15. Promo of the Year: Seth Rollins: "Here I am the greatest WWE Champion of all-time without my title..."

16. News Story of the Year: Hulk Hogan

17. Worst Major Show of the Year: WWE Survivor Series 2015

18. Group/Tag Team of the Year: NEW DAY ROCKS! NEW DAY ROCKS! NEW DAY ROCKS!

1. Wrestler of the Year - Rollins

2. Match of the Year - Owens vs. Cena - Elimination Chamber

3. Moment of the Year - Rollins cash-in

4. Worst Angle of the Year - Rusev/Ziggler/Lana love triangle

5. Surprise of the Year - Rollins cash-in

6. Worst Match of the Year - Royal Rumble Match

7. Best Angle of the Year - Cena's US Open Challenge

8. Non-Wrestler of the Year - Heyman

9. Feud of the Year - Cena vs. Owens

10. Rookie of the Year - Owens

11. Title Reign of the Year - Rollins' WWE Title Reign

12. Best Major Show of the Year - WM31

13. Most Improved Wrestler of the Year - Reigns

14. Worst Wrestler of the Year - Brie Bella

15. Promo of the Year - Heyman's song about Lesnar, something like "Glory glory Brock Lesnar, the conqueror marches on"

16. News Story of the Year - Deaths of Piper and Dusty

17. Worst Major Show of the Year - Royal Rumble

18. Group/Tag Team of the Year - New Day

19. Best Entrance - Bray Wyatt

I don't want to repeat a bunch but I want to add a nomination for news story of the year being Jimmy Snuka being charged with the murder of his girlfriend 32 years later.

Any answer other than Finn Balor is wrong.

Rusev in his tank deserves more than a mention and as rather straightforward as it was, Sasha Banks at Brooklyn was excellent.

Also if we are counting last December, especially Zayn vs Neville, we could be taking into account the first appearance of Demon Balor, which was better than Ripper Balor and took place at the same event.

1. Wrestler of the Year - Seth Rollins and/or John Cena

2. Match of the Year - Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena vs. Seth Rollins - Royal Rumble, John Cena vs. Kevin Owens - Money in the Bank, John Cena vs. Cesaro - Raw, July 6th, John Cena vs. Kevin Owens - Elimination Chamber, New Day vs. Lucha Dragons vs. The Usos - TLC

3. Moment of the Year - Seth Rollins cashes in during the WrestleMania main event, Lesnar and Taker brawl on RAW, Rock and Rousey at Mania 31, Curb Stomp into an RKO at Mania 31, Kalisto's Salida del Sol off a ladder - TLC

4. Worst Angle of the Year - Ru-Ru and Summer Rae vs. Ziggler and Lana, The forced Diva's Revolution and the Paige/Charlotte nonsense that followed

5. Surprise of the Year - Seth Rollins Injury, Rollins cashes in during the Mania main event, Owens defeats Cena in his debut

6. Worst Match of the Year - 2015 Rumble Debacle, Los Villanos vs. Los Psycho Circus - Triplemania XXIII

7. Best Angle of the Year - "Anyone but you Roman!"

8. Non-Wrestler of the Year - Paul Heyman, William Regal, Lana

9. Feud of the Year - Kevin Owens vs. John Cena, Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt

10. Rookie of the Year - Kevin Owens

11. Title Reign of the Year - John Cena - US title (March 29th-Aug 23rd)

12. Best Major Show of the Year - WrestleMania 31

13. Most Improved Wrestler of the Year - The Bellas

14. Worst Wrestler of the Year - Braun Strowman

15. Promo of the Year - An abundance of Paul Heyman promos, let the other posters decide the best of the best.

16. News Story of the Year - WWE fires Hulk Hogan for racism, Seth Rollins out 6-9 months, RIP Piper and Dream

17. Worst Major Show of the Year - Triplemania XXIII

18. Group/Tag Team of the Year - New Day

19. Best Entrance - Rusev and his tank at WrestleMania 31

Wrestler of the Year: John Cena
Match of the Year: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena vs. Seth Rollins
Moment of the Year: Undertaker/Brock sit-up laughter/showdown
Worst Angle of the Year: Roman Reigns wins the Royal Rumble in Philly
Surprise of the Year: WrestleMania 31 is actually a sleeper hit
Worst Match of the Year: The Big Show vs. Roman Reigns (the one where Roman lost en-route to WrestleMania)
Best Angle of the Year: John Cena US Open Challenge
Non-Wrestler of the Year: Xavier Woods (...eh, close enough)
Feud of the Year: The New Day versus The Tag Team Division
Rookie of the Year: Asuka
Title Reign of the Year: John Cena; United States Championship (March through August)
Best Major Show of the Year: WrestleMania 31
Most Improved Wrestler of the Year: Roman Reigns
Worst Wrestler of the Year: The Big Show
Promo of the Year: Kevin Owens/John Cena ('We are going to fight, but when I say!')
News Story of the Year: Death of a Dream
Worst Major Show of the Year: Survivor Series
Best Entrance: Finn Balor

19th category added: Best Entrance.

Gotta be Bray Wyatt.

Also a few more.

Wrestler of the Year: Jay Lethal, AJ Styles

Moment of the Year: Taker returns to confront Lesnar, Sami Zayn debuts on Raw

Rookie of the Year: Charlotte, Sasha Banks, Dalton Castle

Best Major Show of the Year: Wrestle Kingdom 9

Most Improved Wrestler of the Year: Bailey, Baron Corbin, Moose

Tag Team of the Year: ReDragon, Young Bucks, TimeSplitters

[ B] 1. Wrestler of the Year-Seth Rollins & John Cena

2. Match of the Year-Seth Rollins VS John Cena VS Brock Lesnar at Royal Rumble, Cesaro VS John Cena, Kevin Owens VS John Cena at Elimination Chamber, Kevin Owens VS Cesaro at Summerslam, Cesaro VS Roman Reigns

3. Moment of the Year- Spider Walk of Bray Wyatt and Undertaker sits up, Undertaker-Brock laugh while sitting up, Reigns laughing during WM main event, Cartwheel by Cesaro, Low blow by Brock to Undertaker

4. Worst Angle of the Year- Rusev/Lana/Ziggler/Summer Rae Love Quadrilateral

5. Surprise of the Year-Rollin's Cash-in, Owens pinning Cena clean

6. Worst Match of the Year-Summerslam Divas match, Royal Rumble match, Any of Reigns-Big Show

7. Best Angle of the Year-Cena's US Open Challenge

8. Non-Wrestler of the Year-Renee Young, Paul Heyman, Xavier Woods

9. Feud of the Year- Wyatt VS Reigns, Cesaro VS Owens

10. Rookie of the Year-Asuka, Owens

11. Title Reign of the Year- John Cena's from WM31 to SS

12. Best Major Show of the Year-Wrestlemania 31, Summerslam

13. Most Improved Wrestler of the Year-Ryback

14. Worst Wrestler of the Year-Eva Marie, Brie Bella, Big Show

15. Promo of the Year-Any of Paul Heyman, New Day making HHH dance

16. News Story of the Year-Death of Roddy Piper & Dusty Rhodes

17. Worst Major Show of the Year-Survivor Series, Royal Rumble

18. Group/Tag Team of the Year- Kidd-Cesaro, New Day