WZCW Da Proph-Cast

Da Prophet

Mid-Card Championship Winner

Got the blessing from Yaz to give this a go. My podcast about the fed and covering topics relating to history or current happenings in the fed. Going to try and go the opposite weeks from Dave as to give the dot com section something each week and not stack it all at once. Hope to keep this up, enjoy!

First episode focuses on a specific topic. Didn't have any questions obviously but once I prepare to do the second episode I take questions from you guys if that's a thing people want to do. Aiming to keep everything about twenty minutes long. Feel like that is enough time to get through everything and I'm happy with how much time I spent on this topic.

I believe Yaz had some problems accessing the first link while on Firefox. I couldn't either but it worked for Dave fine using Firefox. Yaz said he just had to download the podcast and then play it through the default media player. So if it's not playing try downloading it on whatever device you're on and it should work fine. Chrome seems to work best just for a heads up. I'll provide a secondary link just in case none of those fix the problem.

Hope that helps. Leave your thoughts and comments here if you want. Let me know if you agree or disagree. That's a thing people do. Once again, enjoy.

Secondary link in case!

The second link worked for me while the first didn't, but I am on my iPhone at the moment so it could have to do with that. Good stuff. Would like to see a rundown of top names for the other titles too. Funny thing is if you hadn't posted yet I was going to suggest Proph-Cast or Prophet-Cast as a name.

hey I got a shout out.

Still not sure if that's good or bad.

Did I say popular? I don't think I did i just remember saying Top

How much do I get if I can name 1/2 of the Sons of Destiny and who the leader was?

Edit: After this thorough thrashing I am man enough to admit I was wrong in saying RrR were a top team. I still pinned a former world champion though even if it was Ricky Runn

You called them popular when I asked you to define what "top team" meant.

And it's half a chocolate chip cookie per member of S.O.D you can name.

Oh. Well shit.

As for the Sons of Destiny Scott Hammond was in it & Blade was the leader. Totally blanking on the 3rd guy

I knew Hammond. I was relatively sure on Blade. But I thought that was it. I also guessed Mick Overlast but I might be wrong.

I knew Hammond. I was relatively sure on Blade. But I thought that was it. I also guessed Mick Overlast but I might be wrong.
I'm 90% sure you're right. I'll have to check though.

Edit: You're right.

At least I get a cookie out of it

I had to stop at the eight minute mark because I was disagreeing with a lot of the points being made. Some of these points felt more like ramblings, and you came off as very subjective.

I had to stop at the eight minute mark because I was disagreeing with a lot of the points being made. Some of these points felt more like ramblings, and you came off as very subjective.

Of course it's subjective. You can decode communication to fit whatever need you have for it. I'm sure somebody could take the information I had and end up at the conclusion of RRR being in the top 10, perhaps even top 5. I totally get that. It's all my opinion and people are free to disagree, no problem with that all. Like go for it, mate. I stand by everything said at the end of the day. When I was putting this together and sending the test version to people it was clear it was never going to be 100% agreed with. It's a list and whenever you try and rank something you're going to get push back since people value different things. All good.

Would love to know what you disagreed with though in the first eight minutes. That'd be interesting to deal with on episode two next weekish.

Edit: This was always going to be more of an opinion show in contrast to Dave's which is a lot more informative.

Good podcast Prophet, always interested to hear some good ol WZCW history. Prophet also helped build and straighten the Remarkable Mark Keaton character with boatloads of tips and his usage of the character really helped see different angles I could go with him. I've been absolutely spoiled getting a vet tag team partner in my first season then right into another vet tag team partner in Constantine.

Long live VI.

It'd be a decent prospect of your idea focused more on the top 10 or 5 of something. It was very subjective but sometimes that just as welcome as objective ones. I like to hear people who speak passionately about the Fed and that was definitely you. If you did go with Jeff's idea, you could call it The Rundown. Or even make it part of your podcast.

Would love to know what you disagreed with though in the first eight minutes. That'd be interesting to deal with on episode two next weekish.

Disclaimer: I have no problems with people making their own lists. You have opinions, and if you can back-up your opinions with strong support, then I'll validate your list. I still may not agree, but that's the nature of a Top whatever list.

You begin your podcast with the top spot. That's reserved for the end of your podcast, not the beginning. Always start from the bottom, and work your way up, to build up whatever holds the top spot in your list.

As soon as you announce someone like Action Saxton & Saboteur, you immediately begin ranting on RRR, and Sons of Destiny. Your arguments for Action Saxton & Saboteur revolve around other teams, and you have no points. When you discuss a team that's better, give me reasons. Don't rant at me.

You should've began your podcast with a complete rant on RRR. Get it all out of the way, and then transition your way into the Top 10 list. I wouldn't make much mention on RRR at all after the big reant. They are a talking point to get to the meat of your discussion.

I'm going to mention this again, because it annoyed me, and the reason why I stopped listening: you kept going back to RRR, or some other point that became irrelevant because of the time spent on those weird points. Stop getting off-track with them. Stay on your points, please.

Slight bias for your team, especially with your points about Jeff being unable to RP, and taking credit for giving Logan the Elite title. I feel like you're preaching, not supporting your claim.

I'll save the other stuff for the next podcast but I'll address this now.

You begin your podcast with the top spot. That's reserved for the end of your podcast, not the beginning. Always start from the bottom, and work your way up, to build up whatever holds the top spot in your list.

This comes from my experience studying radio at Uni from this past year. You're taught to start with the biggest thing and go from there. It's how I've been taught to do things. Totally get that going from the bottom to the top might be favoured for some but when you spend six months being told to do things a certain way it's not likely you're going to go against that. So, that's why my podcast and future ones will start with the biggest topic first instead of ending on it.

That's an interesting perspective. Captivate the listener straight away, and hook them in for the rest of the show.

Too bad you're bad, Prophet. :p

I didn't get time to listen to all of it but it's a good relaxed presentation.

I agree whole heartedly with the three teams on top of the pile and it's really hard to argue against Cerberus as the GOAT in terms of tag teams.

Hard to believe that Dynamite was around during the Strikeforce and Saxton/Saboteur era. I'd love to see the three teams face off at an All Stars or something in the future. Without doubt all three teams are HOF worthy. Big question is will Stormrage end up being the first double inductee?

Enjoyable listen. I do agree with FalKon that you didn't really explain why Saxoteur was number two other than "popular" and Numbers hated us. It's nice to know we placed highly though. The only argument against Cerberus is that they never faced us (or that era of the division, really, which most would say is the strongest it had been). I think the top three could easily be shuffled based on personal preference, so you will get no arguments from me. Seriously, next to no way Strikeforce doesn't place high on any list.

Great that the Bearded Gentlemen got the shout-out they did. The Battle Bowl was one of the toughest things we ever did and it was an honor to lose to them. They earned their spot, especially since almost everyone was predicting The New Church. They need to be remembered for that more.

Sons of Destiny were good for about a round, even if it had Blade in it. I remembered him and Hammond, totally forgot Overlast. He was a good chap.

I think I would like to see this list done with short descriptions that don't have to do with RRR as a companion piece, just something explaining why people are ranked as they are. You didn't talk at all about Brothers in Arms, even. Shoutouts to Pride of Toyota and Teach N Kurtesy, though. Teach was the original fed funnyman and dear god the team's billed weight still is such a good joke that I steal constantly.

Looking forward to the next one. I love when people talk about fed history.

Enjoyable listen. I do agree with FalKon that you didn't really explain why Saxoteur was number two other than "popular" and Numbers hated us.

This is news to me.

I do love it when people tell me what I think or have thought five years ago...

This is news to me.

I do love it when people tell me what I think or have thought five years ago...

Weren't you head of Creative then? I'm just going by what Prophet said in the cast, which admittedly was very little.

Weren't you head of Creative then? I'm just going by what Prophet said in the cast, which admittedly was very little.

It would have been me for a time I guess but there won't be anything in the back or otherwise to indicate what I thought at the time.

I would have been Creative for about 90% of the Saxoteur run, if not the whole thing so I don't think I hindered anything. And besides, I wouldn't have stood in the way of anything if the team felt like it was the best thing to do.

I'm definitely going to need to give this a listen, even if I have a bad taste about it based on what's been said.

Yeah you guys won the tag titles the Redemption after KCIV, which was my finally show as HOC, so Numbers would have been leading the fed right when you guys started.

It would have been me for a time I guess but there won't be anything in the back or otherwise to indicate what I thought at the time.

I would have been Creative for about 90% of the Saxoteur run, if not the whole thing so I don't think I hindered anything. And besides, I wouldn't have stood in the way of anything if the team felt like it was the best thing to do.

I'm definitely going to need to give this a listen, even if I have a bad taste about it based on what's been said.

I don't believe you ever had anything ill to say towards Saxoteur that I can remember. I know I said in the past they weren't my cup of tea but I appreciated the skill in what was wrote and thought up for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back