WZCW Quick News

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Episode 1

[YOUTUBE]M8jy40lXXl0[/YOUTUBE]​

What's up guys? So I've been hoping to dip my toes a little into the podcast market for a little while but I'm nowhere near as talented or as entertaining as Killjoy, Spiney, Doc or Shotaro. But with that all being said, I've tried my hand at a new segment that I hope will become popular with everyone. With so much happening behind the scenes in WZCW, I was hoping to shed some light on what's happening behind the curtain.

So here it is, episode 1.

In this episode, I tackle All Stars, Unscripted, and what's to come from WZCW in the next couple of weeks and months. There's a few talking points on the end there so I'd love to hear from you all with regards to those. So sorry about the shitty production values and the lack of music or other stuff like that. Let me know what you guys think.

I thought this was a nice addition to the dot com section. I think the topics you addressed were important and timely, and I think you covered them well. If this is the quality of work you plan on putting into the section going forward, then it is going to really improve the quality of the section.

There are a couple criticisms, mostly with the audio level. I was constantly adjusting my volume up and down. Outside of that, the biggest issue I had was it took a while to load. That may have been an issue on my end, but outside of those two things, it was a well rounded rundown of recent and current events.

I think personally if you stick to this format of yourself talking for 20-30 minutes it will be a great compliment to what Killjoy usually does with his podcast. I think there is only room for one full fledged podcast, but this is a great side dish to the main course, if that makes sense.

The show not showing up isn't Dave's fault, it's the forum. There's something wrong with the youtube BBcode. I'm sure it'll be fixed once Sly notices. Here's a link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8jy40lXXl0

I like this a lot. You actually talk. Sometimes that's all you need for a successful podcast. Too many podcasts have ridiculous pauses and last two hours. This is brief, bite-sized, and I hope for more. And if you need a partner, you know my name.

I agree about All Stars. I take a lot of the delay on myself - I wasn't sure of the deadline and thought it was longer than it was and combine that with my life and the BZT and you have me holding everything up. My match is in now and I'm sure the show will be a good time.

I agree on the whole whip-cracking thing. You need to be unafraid to keep things together like that.

As much as I did want to apply for Creative, how much matches stress me out to write prevented me from applying. Doesn't help, again, life works against me and I'd hate to be part of the problem especially now that you guys are trying to be laser-focused and on time.

Your comments on Ramparte vs. Kagura... :blush: I get all giddy whenever anyone says anything about it. I'm so happy you enjoyed it so much. I knew it was a gamble but I felt that that feud deserved a match like that, especially when you consider the gimmick.

I love getting a peek into how Creative votes for RPs. Podcasts are wonderful for this. That's another big thing I hope you continue with these.

I think with some improved production this can be really, really good. Again, getting insight from someone who has been part of the fed for so long is great. Make a few more notes, try and cut out on the breaths, the ums, and the ahs, and you have a recipe for success.

So, for the talking points:

1. I agree that things need to change. Roster-wise I think the fed is in a better place than it was even a few months ago before I even wanted to return, but a shake-up is always fun. I don't know the solution here, maybe it's getting a more colorful roster or making more unique angles and segments. I was a big fan of how segments were written a few weeks ago.

2. Brand split is interesting. If nothing else, more specialized and dedicated creative members is something I've ALWAYS been a huge proponent of so if it takes a brand split to get people to do it, maybe it's worth trying. We may want a deeper roster first, though. Seriously though, creative members with proper roles, in the best roles that suit them. Like an actual show. I think that's a positive.

3. I'm a mark for kayfabe dot-com sections so I hope that it gets some love. I love supplemental stuff. I love kayfabe stories. Give me some kayfabe talk shows, news stories, podcasts, the whole deal. Love it.

I thought this was a nice addition to the dot com section. I think the topics you addressed were important and timely, and I think you covered them well. If this is the quality of work you plan on putting into the section going forward, then it is going to really improve the quality of the section.

There are a couple criticisms, mostly with the audio level. I was constantly adjusting my volume up and down. Outside of that, the biggest issue I had was it took a while to load. That may have been an issue on my end, but outside of those two things, it was a well rounded rundown of recent and current events.

I think personally if you stick to this format of yourself talking for 20-30 minutes it will be a great compliment to what Killjoy usually does with his podcast. I think there is only room for one full fledged podcast, but this is a great side dish to the main course, if that makes sense.

The volume level is totally on me. I ended up doing this on my phone in the end. So when I moved the phone away from my mouth, the volume got a little duller. I was going to do it again but that would have been the third time. I did it before this on my microphone headphones before realising they had a loose wire in them and it crackled all the way through. I'll make sure not to do that again, boss. In terms of the loading time, I am having the same problem with YouTube right now. For some reason, it is taking ages to load up a video. Once it gets going, it's fine. Just odd really. Definitely not my fault though.

But thanks for the feedback, mate. I don't really want to talk for too long on this thing because it takes forever to edit on my phone and upload. The shorter the better, to be honest. But it;ll be sharper going forward, I hope.

The show not showing up isn't Dave's fault, it's the forum. There's something wrong with the youtube BBcode. I'm sure it'll be fixed once Sly notices. Here's a link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8jy40lXXl0

I like this a lot. You actually talk. Sometimes that's all you need for a successful podcast. Too many podcasts have ridiculous pauses and last two hours. This is brief, bite-sized, and I hope for more. And if you need a partner, you know my name.

I agree about All Stars. I take a lot of the delay on myself - I wasn't sure of the deadline and thought it was longer than it was and combine that with my life and the BZT and you have me holding everything up. My match is in now and I'm sure the show will be a good time.

I agree on the whole whip-cracking thing. You need to be unafraid to keep things together like that.

As much as I did want to apply for Creative, how much matches stress me out to write prevented me from applying. Doesn't help, again, life works against me and I'd hate to be part of the problem especially now that you guys are trying to be laser-focused and on time.

Your comments on Ramparte vs. Kagura... :blush: I get all giddy whenever anyone says anything about it. I'm so happy you enjoyed it so much. I knew it was a gamble but I felt that that feud deserved a match like that, especially when you consider the gimmick.

I love getting a peek into how Creative votes for RPs. Podcasts are wonderful for this. That's another big thing I hope you continue with these.

I think with some improved production this can be really, really good. Again, getting insight from someone who has been part of the fed for so long is great. Make a few more notes, try and cut out on the breaths, the ums, and the ahs, and you have a recipe for success.

So, for the talking points:

1. I agree that things need to change. Roster-wise I think the fed is in a better place than it was even a few months ago before I even wanted to return, but a shake-up is always fun. I don't know the solution here, maybe it's getting a more colorful roster or making more unique angles and segments. I was a big fan of how segments were written a few weeks ago.

2. Brand split is interesting. If nothing else, more specialized and dedicated creative members is something I've ALWAYS been a huge proponent of so if it takes a brand split to get people to do it, maybe it's worth trying. We may want a deeper roster first, though. Seriously though, creative members with proper roles, in the best roles that suit them. Like an actual show. I think that's a positive.

3. I'm a mark for kayfabe dot-com sections so I hope that it gets some love. I love supplemental stuff. I love kayfabe stories. Give me some kayfabe talk shows, news stories, podcasts, the whole deal. Love it.

Like I said, I don't really do video or sound editing. This is pretty mush "as it comes" in terms of quality. I'm sure I could add a theme song or a better logo in the background but that would probably be it, in all honesty. In terms of the breaths etc, I will work on that. I didn't really have a plan going into this thing outside of what I wanted to talk about. And I guess talking to yourself means these things will happen when you try to catch your breath and remember where you were. But like I said, I will try and get better at that for next time.

Thanks for the feedback on the talking points, Doc. I'll try and cover all of the responses on the next show and summarise everything for everyone. But thanks again.

The audio quality was fine for a first time, and the flow of the words were also great. Everything in this area is nitpicking; these are suggestions to help you become a professional podcast host. If you're not looking to become a pro, keep doing what you're doing, since you seem very comfortable. Otherwise, follow the advice from others.

I believe the fed needs to get back on track schedule-wise before anything else can be fixed. Either go back to the old method we had during the Golden Age, or figure out something new, that makes this fed operate over a two-week period (or possibly some other time frame). As much as someone like myself, who is enveloped in University and needs to spend a lot of time dedicated there, appreciates extended deadlines, for the majority of people, you need stability. We all have real lives, yet we come here in our spare time, and we make time for it. If the schedule is unpredictable, then participation becomes unpredictable.

Every other point is irrelevant right now. Flowing ideas, and brainstorming, is a nice way to get the minds of the creative team going, but this isn't the problem. Once the scheduling and deadlines are fixed, then take a look at the fed as a whole, and build upon it. Can't make a house with a shitty foundation, otherwise it'll collapse again.

I've been against a brand split forever but honestly? It's what is needed. It'll help a lot in jiggling things up which is exactly what the fed needs.

I like the idea of a brand split, but I'm more for a lower card title. There are a lot of people on the roster in the lower card that have nothing to do, and that is depressing. I see the two champions and kinda disheartening that in order to get a fued, it will have to be one against them and I will probably lose that fued.

I am going to be recording the second episode of the Podcast tonight. If you have any questions about anything Creative/Fed/Wrestling/Life related. Ask them here and I'll get to them tonight. Thanks.

I'm just curious to know how does the voting system works amongst the creative? On what basis each of the creative member vote their favour? And who wins by landslide too often? And which top star loses the voting by landslide too often?

With All-Stars potentially receiving the axe, would you consider replacing the event with another, but something within WZCW canon, such as a Trios Tag Team Tournament?

Who would you consider Consty's greatest rivals and how have you managed to keep him relatively fresh despite him being a character that debuted six years ago?

Cooper over PoC for the tag titles is at least a top five upset of all time. Why or why not?

What are some of your favourite underdog wins you've seen in the fed?

I should be on this list twice. Be warned.

If WZCW did a Survivor Series replacement for All Stars, what would the teams look like with the current roster?

Bonus : Why does Constantine fear Remarkable Mark Keaton?

EPISODE 2

[YT]jr0g39vBFRs[/YT]​

So I should probably state that I start this off with a lie. There is no entrance music. I underestimated how easy it was to add on a piece of music using the video editing / publishing software I have. Nevertheless, I did my best.

It's a little bit longer than the last one, thanks to the questions from you guys, covering the feedback from the last one, and talking about WWE for a little bit. Regardless, I did my best with it and tried to keep the sound problems to a minimum.

Hope you guys like it.

which rookie do you see having the most potential?

and for sake of a definition we'll go with Rookie being in the fed less than a year.

edit: well maybe for #3

EPISODE 2

[YT]jr0g39vBFRs[/YT]​

So I should probably state that I start this off with a lie. There is no entrance music. I underestimated how easy it was to add on a piece of music using the video editing / publishing software I have. Nevertheless, I did my best.

It's a little bit longer than the last one, thanks to the questions from you guys, covering the feedback from the last one, and talking about WWE for a little bit. Regardless, I did my best with it and tried to keep the sound problems to a minimum.

Hope you guys like it.
There shoukd be a Stereo Mix option in your Recording Devices option in order to have amy music or video go through the same channel as your mic and eliminate the need to edit.

To step on Dave's toes a little and to answer Vee's question a bit, I typically vote for RPs that tell a good story and stay true to the character's gimmick. I excuse grammar errors more than most because I'm guilty of them more so than most. I'm also a sucker for cameos involving my own character. When people use my character and use him well, it has been known to sway me in a close contest.

Good episode overall Dave. I enjoyed and appreciated the honesty about the brand split and the creative team being split. Always enjoy a look into how guys feel about their characters and their history.

I had points for every part of the podcast but I fell asleep and forgot most. Basically, what I want from the website is what I loved about the Power Rankings - in-depth looks at how characters are doing, through a kayfabe lens. All too often we aren't told if our characters are considered compelling by Creative and by other members, or if people are interested in said characters' journeys. Things like Power Rankings, profiles, or even news stories that reflect actions in an RP can be wonderful ways to see that characters are in peoples' minds, whether they're being voted to win a match or not.

So yeah, more things that have to do with individual characters and the like. Power Rankings were great fun.

To step on Dave's toes a little and to answer Vee's question a bit, I typically vote for RPs that tell a good story and stay true to the character's gimmick. I excuse grammar errors more than most because I'm guilty of them more so than most. I'm also a sucker for cameos involving my own character. When people use my character and use him well, it has been known to sway me in a close contest.

Good episode overall Dave. I enjoyed and appreciated the honesty about the brand split and the creative team being split. Always enjoy a look into how guys feel about their characters and their history.

Everyone's using Mikey next RP!

We should embrace the name of the Elite Openweight title. Bring it down to the lower tier guys, let anyone challenge for it, and keep the title defenses on the regular. If a champion defends the title for a while and holds onto it, increase the challenge by adding more guys to the match. I know this seems like a dick move to say after breaking the record, but I've said this whilst being the champ, and after a while, I really started to lose interest in being the Elite champ. This system will help stop champion disinterest as well. (Make the Eurasian title like the old Intercontinental title: midcard/upper midcard title guys use to prepare for the World title, and keep the other two title as is - you guys don't need any other title, you just need to manage the resources you've got first).

For the creative team position, maybe look for another new person. New, fresh perspectives can shake up the team and breathe new life, AND you'll have growing pains with the two new guys anyway so why not add a third? We'll forgive you for any errors, because you guys are getting used to the new team, and we can give feedback on the fly. Experience is always nice, but you'll have four guys on the team who knows how to be on creative, and have that experience... so go for the fresh.

If you add music to the beginning of the podcast, please make it a 10 second clip (15 max). Don't do what most podcasts and shows have done, and make it ridiculously long. I don't care for the music, I listen for the podcast, so do enough to give it a professional feel with an opening, but that's it.

Thanks for the answers, Dave. I guess it was enough said about the voting and thanks to Mikey for coming up and answering about it as well. So thanks to both of you guys. Talking about the new creative member, I would love to be a part of creative and that's the reason why I threw my name in at the open challenge. I mean, it's not wise to add another fresh member into the creative. But with two new faces already in the creative team I reckon it'll be best if you try to rope in a old creative member back into the team.

About the tag championship I feel like that title isn't very necessary. Like Falk said, maybe we could elevate Eurasian title little higher and make guys like Constantine, Abel, Matt alongside few rookies go for it. Perhaps we can scrap off the tag division and bring a new title instead. If the fed members still feel for tag teams, we can work on something like a tag tournament and the winners will be honoured with title shots or something. just an idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back