WWE TLC 2010 - John Morrison vs. Sheamus #1 Contender Ladder Match

Who comes away from TLC the number 1 contender?

• Shaemus

• John Morris

• Both(3Way)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am very exited for this match as it should be a great one, they have had great matches in the past and this ladder match should be no different. The only issue i have is that i want Morrison to win because he has put on great matches and i do want fresh babyfaces in the main event but he is so terrible on the microphone that i see his eventual promo's with either Orton or Miz building up to the rumble to be just terrible. If he does become champion his reign will ultimately become lackluster as he doesn't have the promo skills to be an intriguing champion. It really is a shame because he has the look of a champion, and while his in ring skill is a bit spoty he always has the crowd interested in the match and has proven to put on high-quality matches. But every single time he grabs a microphone all the charisma he has is gone and he sounds like an acne-covered teenager trying to hit on a girl I see so much potential in Morrison but McMahon and company have to either put him in acting classes, give him a manager that is great on the microphone, or work with him alot one-on-one on his mic work because as of right now, he isn't good enough to be WWE CHAMPION.

B4 i start, let me just say that this MAY be one of the BEST matches this year.( If WWE can get it right.)

Morrison will win. Faces Miz at RR. Whoever wins here will retain at EC.
Sheamus to Royal Rumble, final 2 with HHH who wins. HHH wins beats whoever at won between Miz/Morrison and Regains his throne at WM27.

IMO!
:D

I have been so excited since this match was announced on Raw this past week, because goinsg by their previous few matches, this is going to be really good...plus the spot on Raw where Sheamoose threw JoMo on the ladder was sick! Really looking forward to this match...the thing that has stood out for me in this rivalry is the fact that both the guys seem to legitimately hate each other, and it shows in their matches,the story behind the feud is'nt that unique tbh, but the way they've been trading punches and stuff, really makes it look personal and that is what i've personally enjoyed the most..
About the match,this is how i want it to pan out...Morrison wins clean, no interference, but Sheamus dominates the match a fair amount of time, so he does'nt look weak.then some weeks of build-up, and miz vs JoMo at RR, where miz cheats to win...then have the following weeks with some more face-offs bw the tow, where both are in the elimination chamber, and morrison eliminates miz, costing himm the title...and then build these two up to WM, where they have a grudge match with some possibly awesome buildup for a non-title match...so its a singles match for both at the biggest stage of 'em all, and no worries about PPv buys cuz it wont be the main attraction...thoughts?

I look at this match and cannot help but think that the WWE have gotten it right, for once possibly.

John Morrison and Sheamus have been on fire recently. It has surprised me that they have managed to keep this feud so hot whilst neither of the guys have managed to get it over the other one. Morrison has looked fucking awesome since they started to give him his push and his crowning moment probably came at the King Of The Ring tournament, where he didn't even manage to win the competition. Speaking of crowning moments though, Sheamus win at King of The Ring has put him back into that main event realm again, where he likely belongs.

Both of these guys have been on a roll and Morrison is worthy of some praise in particular. A month ago, I would not have said that he was worth the effort. He looked to be languishing in the mid-card and I don't think anyone would have called that he would have been in the number 1 contenders match at TLC, that's for sure. I don't know how this push came along or how committed the WWE are going to be to it in the long-run but they have certainly impressed me with how seriously they seem to be taking this feud.

Hopefully, Morrison can pull out the win at TLC and go on to face The Miz at the Royal Rumble. I think that feud could be a little more interesting that The Miz and Sheamus. When you couple that with the fact that both of those guys are heels, you sort of have your winner already. That being said, it wouldn't be the first time that the WWE have had Sheamus compete in a heel vs. heel feud.

I hope that this is Morrison's match to prove that he belongs in the main event but you can never count Sheamus out.

Even though people like Doc bag on JoMo, if he's getting his push to the main event i can only see him improving more andbeing even more determined than before to pull out a win at TLC and have a good feud with The Miz, and as a MizFit i can only see The Miz putting on a good show against Morrison whose really been on fire.

I really want to Jomo wins this. I really hope that WWE will not to choose for Shaemus and HHH feud end in wrestlemania with sheamus winning at TLC and RR vs. The Miz and with returning winner of RR match Triple H to challenge shaemus at WM27. When if we know WWE corectly it can really happen. Then i for sure will stop watching RAW

But well either JoMo or The Miz will be champions they will loose the title at chamber.

As much as I want to see Morrison finally win and go onto the main event, him winning would take him out of the Royal Rumble match and I see him as someone who could win that this year (or next year, whatever). That said, I got Sheamus pulling this off. I don't like it too much, since I don't think the jar of mayo sells too well yet. Add in a heel/heel feud and that may kill the RR ppv title match. It'll have to end up being a triple threat down the road.

These two have put on nice matches the previous two encounters, so the rubber match shouldn't dissapoint. Sheamus should be able to walk out the winner, but the loss shouldn't hurt Morrison. It'll be a good match to see though and possibly match of the night.

I think these two work real good together, I expect them to have an outstanding match at the PPV. I think the addition of the ladder is going to be great for the match. We all know that JoMo can use a ladder with his high flying flippy moves, but it should be interesting to see how sheamus uses the ladder. I see him using it more as a weapon, that should hopefully make the match stand out from previous ladder matches.
As much as I would like to see this match end in some kind of draw, so we can have a three way at the Royal Rumble, I see JoMo getting the win in what I expect to be a great match.

These two have had some pretty good matches already and I definitely expect another good match and making it ladder match for the #1 Contendership makes it even better and more interesting. I expected this match to pretty good and I see Morrison picking up the win here and going to feud with the Miz which could be pretty good.

Before anything, I'm excited about two things. One, I am a sucker for #1 Contender matchs on PPVs, and 2, we're not gonna have our usual string or rematchs after Miz/Orton.

We already saw Orton/Sheamus this year, and I don't wanna see Miz/Sheamus, therefor I don't wanna see Sheamus win #1 Contender. If anything, Morrison NEEDS NEEDS NEEDS this. He keeps getting dropped right after getting pushed, if they finally give him a title match, win or lose it's something that'll keep him around regardless. I seriously hope John Morrison gets the win.

Completely 100% agree with you,its different,no Orton/Miz rematch.I think Morrison is gonna win because....Sheamus climbing a ladder? It also sets up Miz/Morrison....The Miz vs John Morrison!! I am of belief that Miz and Morrison instead of being like The Rockers (Jannety and HBK). They are like Triple H and Shawn Michaels.The Miz is like Triple H because he plays an AWESOME heel and is that damn good on the mic. John Morrison is like HBK because his ring skills are amazing,may not be that good on the microphone but overall he sorta has the fan connection HBK has with the fans.Looking forward to TLC

I'm not a fan of having a number one contender match on PPV. That should be on Raw. However.... I think this match will steal the show. Sheamus will be busy feuding with Trips after he returns so that would free Morrison up for a world title feud. I am giving the predicted win here to morrison because he needs the push to go on to a world title match whereas sheamus just needed something to do while Trips is gone.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
John Morrison will defeat Sheamus.

Im really not a fan of JoMo, and don't think i ever will be. I just don't enjoy watching him wrestle or do promos. That's not to say i haven't enjoyed the previous Sheamus vs Morrison matches, and im loving the prospect of Miz vs JoMo for the title.

Should be a great match, and out of the 2 i would prefer Sheamus to win, but at the prospect of Miz vs Morrsion and Sheamus having a HHH feud coming up, Morrison will get the win here.

My Prediction: Morrison will win, but Sheamus will still look dominant.

I'm hoping that Morrison will win tonight with the help of Triple H returning. Then HHH and Sheamus can continue their feud and we can see Miz and Morrison feud with each other.

I've already said that JoMo will win this, to set him up for the main event push he needs to really shine and get better a top guy, Sheamus will still be dominant as hell in this match, but it make's sense for Sheamus to lose so he can feud with Triple H when he likely returns at the Royal Rumble. I expect this match to be one of those that steals the show along with another 2 or 3 matches.

Was a perfect example of a bloodless ladder match and it was a classic. Both Morrison and sheamus looked gold, right decision for the finish. Props to then for one of the best matches this year

I took a look a look back at the HBK Razor Ramon match in preparation for a comparison with this one and Im torn right now on which I think is best...I think I'll watch this match again tomorrow. But what an epic match. It kept me on my seat wondering who would win even though in the back of my mind, I knew. Great job and great match to end this feud...for now anyway.

I'm not sure how both men could win a ladder match with a No. 1 Contenders Contract. The stipulation pretty much ensures that there will be a winner. But anyway....

I think this smells of an HHH return, setting up two feuds that are already tailor made. Two former partners in Miz vs Morrison for the WWE Title at the Royal Rumble, and HHH vs Sheamus. Sheamus is already KIng of the Ring, and Morrison desperately needs this win.

A ladder match would be more suitable to his style anyway. But a HHH return and interference won't hurt even it's the reason Morrison winds up in the main event. The key is: Morrison in the main event. If he doesn't win this match, I don't know where he goes from here. This is must win, and I think he will.

Another match that I was right and wrong on.

No HHH on the PPV, so it was nice for Morrison to get the "clean 1 on 1 victory in the rubber match of the series between Sheamus, and more importantly, secure the #1 Contendership for himself. This was a very good ladder match with excellent storytelling by both men, and certainly the match of the night. It goes without saying that Morrison is a great athlete for this type of match, and Sheamus did well keeping up. There were quite a few big moves that deserved longer-term selling. Overall, however, this had some good drama and near falls in the context of the ladder match format.

This match in many ways, until the finish, summed up much of Morrison's career. he's had so many stop/start pushes where he seemed so close, yet couldnt quite get there. It felt like we were headed that way once again on several occasions as Morrison had his fingertips on the contract, but Sheamus thwarted him every time. A great finish with Morrison hitting a modified disaster kick to Sheamus. Certainly the biggest win of Morrison's career, and Sheamus loses little credibility in the loss, as he still has being king of The Ring to hang his hat on. Match of the night. ****/5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back