WWE Survivor Series 2010 - Sheamus vs. John Morrison

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.

John Morrison has thwarted Sheamus’ many attempts to antagonize the much smaller (and decidedly non-confrontational) Santino Marella on Raw, so it’s likely The Celtic Warrior will be thirsty for vengeance when he battles The Monday Night Delight at Survivor Series.

Just 24 hours after the red brand’s devastating loss to Team SmackDown at WWE Bragging Rights, Sheamus was even more cantankerous than usual. Looking for an outlet to vent his numerous frustrations, the irate Irishman challenged Santino – whom he viewed as an “embarrassment” and Team Raw’s weak link – to a match that very night on Raw. To the WWE Universe’s (and Santino’s) surprise, it was The Italian Stallion whose hand was ultimately raised in victory when Morrison interfered on his behalf, saving Santino from Sheamus’ infamous Brogue Kick and helping the comical Superstar score a surprise pinfall.

This upset loss didn’t sit well with the ginger-headed juggernaut, who made it his mission to torment Santino at every turn, both in and out of the ring. Disapproving of Sheamus’ bullying tactics, Morrison has taken it upon himself in recent weeks to protect Santino from the devious Dubliner’s attacks. But The Shaman of Sexy will need to rely solely on his natural athleticism and parkour expertise to protect himself from the two-time WWE Champion at Survivor Series.

This match was built up in a very indirect way, but it kind of worked for me. I'm intrigued to see what kind of match these two could put on for the WWE Universe. John Morrison's agility versus Sheamus's power could be a good test for the Celtic Warrior and the Shaman of Sexy.

Who will come out on top? Discuss here.

I'm actually very excited about this match, because both men have a chance to prove themselves here. Sheamus hasn't really had a non-title feud since coming to Raw. He had the quick thing with Triple H that lasted a month or tow, but that's it. Morrison was pushed, but that push has seemingly stalled and quite a few people around here are saying he doesn't have what it takes to main event.

This one feud can prove that Sheamus doesn't need the WWE Title to be involved to be in a good feud and Morrison can prove that he can hang with the top guns. Speed vs. Power is usually a solid match basis, and this should be no different. Keep an eye out for Santino here, but I predict that Morrison wins allowing the feud to continue.

This just seems like a rushed, thrown together feud for the sake of having a match between the two. These two have virtually no history together and John Morrison saying "I'm sick of Sheamus being a bully" doesn't exactly make for anything intriguing. I'm sure the match will be solid but I'm not overly excited about it.

Actually I don't think this feud has been rushed. But I have to give the props to a third man. Santino Marella. Santino played his part as he always does, sold a feud by himself, at least to me, and pushed himself into de Surivor Series Card in a tag title match. So did not only enhanced Sheamus and John Morrison's feud, he squeezed himself, Vladimir Kozlov and the Usos into the PPV. Now THAT'S a talent.

Oh, the match must be aggressively good, both are great performers, and as Thriller said, Morrison must have his hand's raised at the end of this one if they want this feud going on till... TLC PPV!

Good god no! NO!

While I'm sure it'll work, and be a decent match I just cannot accept the fact that they're pushing Morrison. He's absolutely dull and he's gotten even less of an actual worth act to watch. He's been somewhat spiraling down in terms of what I would call interest ever since he was drafted to RAW. This is just an even lower point, and I think it's saddening that Sheamus has to drag him around for what seems to be somewhat of a push. Something which I don't see why Sheamus of all people should be doing, especially considering he's still young to the main event scene.

I'm really, really careless about this match as a whole. But if I had to guess a winner, or want a winner, Sheamus gets it by a sickening bicycle kick to the face of Morrison.

The interesting thing in this match is the way it will end. Will morrison have to win to ensure his push or do you think going toe-to-toe with a 2 time world champ for a very entertaining match will cut it. Honestly I was starting to feel deflated about the story until morrison's little talking part. At least it proved he had motive and didn't just enjoy kicking sheamus in the face and it made the thing confusing to personal in just a minute.

It is certainly a very PG way of forming a story. I dont like bullies, it is childish but it does conjur images we can all relate to, although I'm not sure sheamus was really going to do much after the celtic cross, it probably would have ended but either way it worked out ok. I think morrison should win this match if it is intended as a push for the guy and the feud should then continue on til the next PPV and conclude there and I think morrison should win that match as well. The only main problem is that I'm worried about sheamus' credibility if he loses to morrison twice therefore it may be better if morrison loses now and wins at TLC, that would propell the guy.

All in all, its good cos there werent any other non-title feuds going on and sometimes they are the most interesting ones. They always have to be built a little more thoughtfully and creatively because it isnt just, I want your belt lets fight. You need a legit reason and bullying is an apt subject matter because everybody is against it so everybody can relate and back morrison as the good guy. I'm just very intrigues as to who will win the first, and maybe only match in this feud.

I dont understand the storyline here, to be honest. Morrison comes across as more of the "bully", as Sheamus has wanted to fight a man whom he felt let his team down at Bragging Rights, and cared more about being comedic then wrestle, in Santino. Couple that with the fact that Santino defeated Sheamus, why WOULDN'T Sheamus want to face Santino again? There haven't been any sneak attacks by Sheamus on Santino, in actuality, it was Morrison who was constantly attacking Sheamus week after week.

That being said, this should be a good match. Just because the build has been somewhat backwards, it's worked for me. I felt Morrison delivered one of his better promos last night since he and Miz split, and Sheamus finally played the classic heel by backing away, and attacking Morrison later. This has also given both Sheamus and Morrison programs, something Sheamus hasn't had non-title since HHH, and one that Morrison has lacked altogether.

They can still push Morrison and have him lose the match. There's no justifiable way he should beat a two time WWE champion in Sheamus whose only been pinned by 3 men on Raw in single's action.(HHH, Orton, Santino) Morrison will put on a show, but will get caught in the end attemtping perhaps a shining wizard, and a backbreaker followed by the High Cross ends this. Looking forward to this one.

I'm actually quite interested in what direction they choose to go with the conclusion of this match. The feud itself is a little confusing seeing as the two fighting had very little, realistically speaking, to do with the feud buildup. That was all Santino. Still, with the WWE unwilling to utilize Santino as anything but a comedy jobber, they can't let him go toe-to-toe with any major players at a PPV, too predictable, so it's got to be Morrison vs. Sheamus. I wish it had been Koslov rather than Morrison, but never mind.

Still, it is the conclusion of this fight that matters. Either it will propel Sheamus back into some form of major story line worthy of the main event or it will give Morrison the true push he's needed to go main event. I'm hoping that Morrison gets the victory here and hits the main event if he's going for an anti-bully persona. He's already proven he's got the staying power when he's allowed to use it.

Still, Sheamus winning wouldn't be too bad in that it would allow him to continue to be the simple and direct yet dominant heel that he seems to play best. It would pretty well squash the feud before it had gotten started, but what the hell.

To be honest, I think that the WWE should book Morrison as the winner (by the skin of his teeth of course) and extend the feud to have a bit of back and forth in order to fully develop it, let the two of them get under each other's skin a bit more. I guess we'll see.

This just seems like a rushed, thrown together feud for the sake of having a match between the two. These two have virtually no history together and John Morrison saying "I'm sick of Sheamus being a bully" doesn't exactly make for anything intriguing. I'm sure the match will be solid but I'm not overly excited about it.

Have you not been watching or something? They have been building up this feud slowly for the past month and a half, they had their first match awhile back and Jericho broke up with a steal chair. This is the first feud wwe has done in a long time that has had a slow build and no title involved, the kind of stuff they used to do back in the day like when Rick Rude was feuding with Jake the Snake (I believe it was over Jake's "wife"), it was a slow build over time that started with a single incident, the build was so slow and you almost forgot about it but then then bam, Jake attacked him a couple weeks later and it was ON!!! That feud became extra entertaining because you felt like these two guys just didn't like each other (as they weren't fighting over a title) and match after match it got better and better and in the end, everyone came out of the feud looking strong. I am totally looking forward to this match because it should be hard hitting and high flying, give it a chance I know it will be awesome. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being the match of the night.

John Morrison gets the W here by DQ or Sheamus will break out some illegal tactics and get the win in a cheating manor leading to a rematch at the next ppv TLC and it will be built up as Sheamus being strong at Tables matches because thats how he defeated Cena to win the title at that same PPV TLC a year prior

This has the potential to be a very good match, possibly even MOTN, based on their Falls Count Anywhere match from a couple of weeks ago and the fact that speed vs power is almost always a solid formula for a match so this should be no exception.

I have also liked the indirect way they have built this, if nothing else it is at least different than the kind of feuds that we almost always see ie. "You cost me a match so now lets feud" or "Your champ and I want the title".

I am not overly certain as to who will win this. On the one hand I think that it will be a very competitive match (this will be the case irrespective of the outcome) but Sheamus will just win, leaving John looking very good in defeat and then at TLC JoMo will get the win in a ladder match, a match type where he clearly outmatches Sheamus, so that way Sheamus doesn't look bad. On the other hand I feel that JoMo will win with a roll up after Santino distracted Sheamus and then at TLC he will defeat Morrision in a tables match leaving John looking good in defeat. So while I am not certain of the outcome I feel that both men will get a win in this feud and both will be left looking like a million bucks.

Both of these guys are solid in the ring and they have a pretty decent backstory for their match. Not to long ago they had a pretty good Falls count anywhere match and I think this match can be just as good or even better. Hopefully Morrison can get the rub here since he needs it more to be pushed into the main event scene permanently.

Morrison is shit, aye, but works well with Sheamus. I expect this to be pretty damn good, although they dont have the resources they did in the falls count anywere match that we all remember. I expect this to be the first of a series of matches, and likely a very good one.

Have you not been watching or something? They have been building up this feud slowly for the past month and a half, they had their first match awhile back and Jericho broke up with a steal chair. This is the first feud wwe has done in a long time that has had a slow build and no title involved,

Yea, you're wrong. They had the Falls Count Anywhere match back in September but it was completely unrelated to this current feud. Sheamus went on to feud with Orton over the title and Morrison got involved with Miz and Daniel Bryan over the US title. That was just a one off match back in September that has nothing to do with this feud.

This feud started a few weeks back with Morrison protecting Santino of all people. The only reason given for the feud is the fact that Morrison thinks Sheamus is a bully. Not exactly riveting stuff here.

Morrison IS deserving of a push no matter what people say, the only thing that's holding him back is his lack of "Great" mic skills, but isn't that an area you can improve on? Remember how Dull Batista used to be on the mic? but during his last run against Cena he was cutting great promo's, Plus I can't really recall Bret Hart ever having Good mic skills either. Morrison has the look, and the Wrestling skills, now he just need's to work on his character a little bit.

That being said, I really don't think this feud is meant for anything other than keeping Sheamus busy until Triple H comes back. But you never know, this could benefit Morrison as well.

I think this could Potentially be the match of the night if they are given the right amount of time, remember they're falls count anywhere match? Great Stuff.

[youtube]4XWK2c-IGp4[/youtube]

Whilst the means of how John Morrison and Sheamus are feuding isn't exactly the normal way for things to pan out, it works for these two to culminate in a match at Survivor Series. Sheamus is being overshadowed by Nexus trying to capture the WWE Championship, so he needs something to keep him going... and Morrison has been slowly building to be pushed into the upper echelon of the roster. Given that these two have put on a pretty good match in a Falls Count Anywhere stipulation a while back on RAW, why not allow these men to fight each other? It's the traditional speed vs. power type match, where the heel is hated by everyone and the face is loved by everyone. I know a lot of critics despise Morrison, but he has the look and the ability to pull off some spots that no-one other than him can conceive that will wow the audience. Definitely the makings of a solid face. I don't expect Sheamus to lose here considering that Morrison has ambushed him on three (or four?) consecutive RAW's, pretty much looking like the dominant male here. John winning is a slap in the face of Sheamus' character/history. However, it won't mean Morrison is prevented from having a good showing with some near falls. Ultimately, Sheamus will pull through and get the pin.

On a side note, I feel that having these two in a singles match right now isn't the best thing for them. Usually, a feud goes for three PPV cycles and progresses to different stages throughout. Since this is SS, I feel they should have been apart of a traditional SS team match with both of them leading the packs (both of them looking strong). Then, they could of had a match at TLC, finishing at the RR. However, with Santino/Kozlov fighting for the tag team championship, it's now not a good idea.

Well maybe some say that is just a way to keep Sheamus busy until Triple H's return but I guess it's a way to push Morrison. This match should be solid with an interference from Santino (and probably Kozlov) allowing Morrison to gain victory and allowing the fued to continue.

As a few of you have already said, this feud just seems like a feud for the hell of it, to have them on the PPV Card. I'm not a fan of Morrison at all, and i really really hope this isn't the start of a big push. Not really interested in this match at all, and hope Sheamus destroys him, but that won't happen.

Since i think this is the beginning of a JoMo push, i think he could get the 1,2,3 on Sheamus via yet another botched starship pain....

Sheamus imo needs to be back in the title picture asap. Don't know how, since he has had nothing much to do since the whole Cena/Nexus/Orton thing, but im sure there is a way. At least until Hunter returns.

Ah yes, finally. This one will be great! I have been anticipating this match and WWE did it right this time around by making us wait until the PPV to finally see the match. Sheamus always backed away every time Morrison tried to fight, for many weeks, and now he's making us PAY to see him accept Morrison's challenge. Why can't more feuds be like this? I think the match will be fantastic and I can't wait to see it. It might be the show opener if the US title match or the tag team match don't open. I've got Sheamus winning but with Morrison looking strong throughout the match. Sheamus will win because he needs to keep being booked strong before Trips returns for the end of their feud, then Sheamus can move on to the world title again. Morrison will probably move on to another upper midcard feud then try breaking into the main event scene.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Sheamus will defeat John Morrison.

Morrison is shit, aye, but works well with Sheamus. I expect this to be pretty damn good, although they dont have the resources they did in the falls count anywere match that we all remember. I expect this to be the first of a series of matches, and likely a very good one.

I agree. This will be a good match, but I hope that they don't have this feud go on for too long. Despite the popular opinion, I still didn't like the Falls count anywhere match that much, but I think that they can carry a better match in the ring. Even than, Morrison just doesn't get my attention with his mic skills to really carry a feud with Sheamus for too long. Unless they put Santino in his corner, but I would be so damn confused by that pairing .

My money is on Morrison for this one. Although Sheamus hasn't been doing too well over the past month, so I'm not sure if Morrison would be put over Sheamus.Who knows:shrug:

I haven't been too crazy about the build for this feud, but I think Sheamus and Morrison will have a good match. I really enjoyed the Falls Count Anywhere match they had on Raw a while back, so I don't think this match will be bad at all. Sheamus needs to stay busy until Triple H returns, so I'm picking Morrison to win this. These two will probably go back and forth until the Rumble rolls around. Again, I'm not too crazy about the build for this feud, but the matches between these two should be worth watching.

This match will probably be an example of why it's what happens in the ring that matters. Terrible work-up, that will be followed by being the second-best match of the night (Bryant/Dibiase).

Good god no! NO!

While I'm sure it'll work, and be a decent match I just cannot accept the fact that they're pushing Morrison. He's absolutely dull and he's gotten even less of an actual worth act to watch. He's been somewhat spiraling down in terms of what I would call interest ever since he was drafted to RAW. This is just an even lower point, and I think it's saddening that Sheamus has to drag him around for what seems to be somewhat of a push. Something which I don't see why Sheamus of all people should be doing, especially considering he's still young to the main event scene.

I'm really, really careless about this match as a whole. But if I had to guess a winner, or want a winner, Sheamus gets it by a sickening bicycle kick to the face of Morrison.

Well my feeling on why they're pushing morrison is to at least give Raw another upper mid card/main event face. While HHH is out there is only really Cena and Orton. Whilst they're tied up with the nexus and HHH is out Sheamus needs someone who is somewhat credible to fight with. As for why Sheamus is the one doing it there aren't many heels that can help elevate Morrison. They tried pushing him and Ted Dibiase at the same time, that didn't work, the Miz is doing his own thing and while Jericho is also out there aren't any other credible heels to help elevate him.

As for some people questioning the build, I think Morrison needed to explain why he was "helping Santino". Now whilst the bullying reason may not be the greatest what else is there? "I don't like you Sheamus", anyway I actually enjoyed getting them to fued with Santino being the middle man and can't really question the build up.

As for the match it should be good and the result is certainly up in the air but I do believe though that Morrison will get the win, but will get the Brogue kick and probably a celtic cross after the match to continue the fued. Either way this definately needs to continue until TLC. I personally would have preferred a 5 on 5 Survivor series match (even if multiman elimination matches have been overdone recently). That way you could have build it up further and made the eventual clash more anticipated and regardless of which team lost they could have looked good in defeat/not lost credibility.

I think Sheamus and John Morrison should put on an awesome match. I think John Morrison will have to win so this feud can continue. If Sheamus wins I think it would make no sense. For this feud to continue and to prevent it from going stale I think John Morrison has to win here. Also Morrison will want revenge after Sheamus knocked him out on RAW in a backstage segment. These two can then feud for a good few weeks maybe even a month or two. Personally I would have liked to see Team Morrison vs Team Sheamus in a traditional Survivor Series elimination Tag match but that’s just my opinion.

Also I wouldn't really call this a feud, the build up to this match has just been weird and awful. But since they are both great competitors I wouldn't mind if they continued this feud.

I'm glad to see this match because I know it will be good between the two. I don't really like how it was built up though, it would have made more sense to do it where Morrison was screwed out of a title shot at that amazing match with Sheamus that Jericho interfered. I really do wish the build up was better but never the less, it will be a great match to watch.

My prediction is Morrison since it would lead to this feud building up more and actually having some history & emotion in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back