John Morrison Vs. Sheamus feud in the works??

tRKOj

Occasional Pre-Show
Now with Santino getting the win on Sheamus tonight and even being featured at Bragging Rights last night in an interesting and funny backstage segment involoving team Raw it seems that Santino may be getting a tiny push (I say tiny cuz he'll never get the main event push) and heres my reasoning behind it.

WWE Management seems to really like Santino and what he brings to the table comedy wise but he is also not bad in the ring but with the current youth movement they have had to let people go and I dont think they really want to get rid of him so I believe their gonna have Sheamus make fun of him being basically just a comedy act like he sort of did tonight until Santino gets mad and gets a little serious to where he's not always losing matches but starts to pick up wins consistently and maybe even once in a blue moon picks up a tag team or midcard title.

So what I want to know is if yall feel the same about this or if yall think I'm completely wrong and just reading way to much into this whole thing.

He will be buried in two weeks...just like he was last time he won the IC title. How long did his first title win last? Granted he beat UMAGA but that was HORRID booking that made me puke.

Santino is a comedy act. Any real push burying real talent makes me vomit. The occasion win against a big name is ok...any real push...I'll quit watching WWE again.

Here's to hoping.

I'd love to see Santino get a small push again, but I don't think it's gonna happen. If you look at the bigger picture from that match, it's more than likely creating a feud between Sheamus & JoMo, what with him helping Santino win.

Nice idea on Santino's push, I just don't think it'll happen.

Nah, your reading to much into it.
Okay getting a win over sheamus is pretty big, but it was sidelined for the fact the match was all about the beginning of a possible fued between Sheamus and John Morrison. What better way to build tension between them than for Morrison to cost Sheamus a match, against Santino of all people. Santino has found his place in WWE, as a beloved comedy charachter, and I dont see that changing for the time being, though you never know!

i think you may be reading to much into this, all Santino is good for is really comedy.I truly think they are just building up a Shamus vs Jomo fued by having, Jomo cost him the match against Santino. all Santino will be is a comedy act.

and that is what Santino is good for is comedy, and nothing else really.

Of course this isn`t any type of push for Santino. Your reading to much into this. Santino was symbolic to people who can`t defend themselves against Sheamus. They used Santino, so JoMo can come out and ask what does Sheamus have to prove. This is a real feud between Sheamus and JoMo, and this is also a real push for JoMo. Besides, JoMo helped Santino win, Santino would`ve got crushed if it wasn`t for JoMo. Santino is and will always be used for comedy. Nothing else.

This was, without a doubt, all about setting up a feud between Sheamus and Morrison. The match had more to do with Morrison distracting Sheamus to cost him the match then it did with Santino actually winning it. If their falls count anywhere match from a month ago is any indication, this could be a solid feud.

As for Santino, he was put on The Raw Bragging Rights team for comedy relief, nothing more. He'll continue to engage in banter with the guest hosts and provide occasional laughs, little more.

I forgot all bout JoMo being out there sorry bout that so with that though lets change the topic up just a lil bit. Would any of yall be upset if Santino was to like I said once in a blue moon win some sort of title maybe a fluke win or something. Also do you believe this could be the fued that finally elevates JoMo to the ME or do you think that fued or push is farther down the road?

I'm hoping that this thing with Santino tonight is ultimately leading to a program between Sheamus & Morrison. Otherwise, why would Morrison come out there in the first place? I mean, they've never had any past associations or alliances or anything to that degree. It just struck me more as Morrison just seeing a guy that was in over his head and was down there trying to get him out before he got himself hurt. Sheamus was doing nothing more than toy around with Santino throughout the match and basically could've pinned him at will. If I'm not mistaken, didn't Morrison kind of pull Santino out of the way as Sheamus was going for the kick?

I think this will ultimately be written off as a little fluke win for Santino. At any rate, I have to admit that I'm interested to see what they'll do for a follow up next week on Raw.

I forgot all bout JoMo being out there sorry bout that so with that though lets change the topic up just a lil bit. Would any of yall be upset if Santino was to like I said once in a blue moon win some sort of title maybe a fluke win or something. Also do you believe this could be the fued that finally elevates JoMo to the ME or do you think that fued or push is farther down the road?

I would be pretty annoyed with Santino winning a title, mainly 'cos he can't put anyone over and it stops decent, talented superstars getting the strap. :suspic:

Highly doubt it will push JoMo into the M.E. Then again, anything is possible. I am hoping that it will get him in good matches everyweek, just like the previous matches he had with Jericho & Sheamus. The Parkour character really shines on him.

Folks - come on, seriously, it's SANTINO! I think it would be AWESOME to have Santino win the WWE World Championship TITLE! Even if for a Brief moment, like 1 day! hahaaha and then have The Miz beat Santino on a Cash in! hahahaha - think about the story line! None-the-less, back to the topic at hand before I get another fraction -

I don't think you are reading too much into it, I believe that not only is this a fued for Morrison and Sheamus, but also a great build (For Comedy also) for Santino!

I vote - GO SANTINO! WWE WORLD TITLE I SAY!

OK, I know this is INCREDIBLY STUPID but I honestly believe one day Santino Marella will hold a world title, but it will be for less than a week. I think someone like Miz or someone else will be put in a tag team match in whitch whoever gets the pin becomes world champ (This is how Shane o Mac won the European title in 99 I believe) so Miz picks Santino because he thinks there is no chance Santino could steal the pin. But unfortunately for Miz Santino tags himself in after a skull crushing finale and steals the pin, New world champ! But Miz beats him next night on Raw to win it back.
I know it is VERY FAR FETCHED but I would love to see it!

Santino's days in the title scene are gone, although I really like Santino I'm being realistic here. His win over Shaemus was an absolute fluke and I don't think he'd be able to do it again. After all of his comedy routines and everything, I don't think he'd be believeable as United States Champion on RAW, just wouldn't work.

It's exactly like when Carlito pinned Cena on RAW when Cena was in the middle of one of his red hot 10 month WWE Championship reigns, I thought Carlito might have gotten a bit of a push but nothing really happened with him until the Unified Tag Titles came around almost two years later. Absolute fluke.

I do not see a push in Santino's future. I find him moderately entertaining on a comedy basis, but in ring he doesnt impress me. You dont win titles simply by making people laugh, so I hope we dont see him with another title reign

This win over Irishman was simply to start a feud between Sheamus and the interfearing John Morrison, and Santino just happened to be the guy who was involved in the match at the time.

if anything, let Santino and Koslov, take the worthless tag belts from Slabriel. I think that if the WWE is going to further degrade the tag team titles, give them to Kostino...hmmm just made that up. doesnt sound too good....anyways, have a comedy team hold the comedy tag team titles

Welllll, Santino proved something in the match. He can be hilarious whether he's doing promos or practically jobbing...and king's high pitched "what?!"s just made it even better.

But no, I would be seriously pissed if Santino ever became a champion, as funny as he is, the closest he should ever get to the championship is by jobbing to whoever the champion is...

unless of course, the wwe wants to crap all over what little prestige the titles (the midcard titles) currently hold (when compared to the 80's).

Actually I think that his win was a little bit of both. Like, Santino won't get a push to the title any time soon, but great in-ring work isn't always about a title. Maybe Santino can get some decent TV time during the Raw is War portion (the first hour)...

And of course, this also plays into the John Morrison/Sheamus rivalry (because for some ******ed reason, WWE wants to push Morrison into a rivalry with the best heel on Raw save CM Punk).... Sheamus being screwed (as always) is without a doubt a great segway to a feud with JoMo, even if the one trick pony doesn't deserve it.

And then again, maybe Santino's win was just to give some love to Toby Keith... who knows.

I sure as hell hope not. Santino is and most likely always willbe a comedy act and wrestler. He'll never truly be taken serious again. So to give him a push would be an incredible waste. However I would expect the whole match of this to be more of a push for John Morrison (Please god no). I don't like it,but I think it's a fact. Santino isn't gonna get a push through winning over a main event guy, especially not at this point of his career.

So yeah, it's most likely just John Morrison getting to do something again where he can look shit once again. The horror.

ALL YOU GUYS ARE RIPPIN ON SANTINO FOR BEING A COMEDY ACT AND THE SAME PEOPLE ARE MOST LIKELY JERICHOS BIGGEST FAN. IF YOU GUYS REMEMBER CHRIS JERICHO USED TO BE THE COMEDY ACT IN WCW AND IN WWE (NOT SURE ABOUT ECW IT WAS DIDNT WATCH IT) AND HE SHOT TO THE TOP! SO DONT COUNT SANTINO OUT JUST YET BECAUSE IT TOOK JERICHO A LONG TIME TO GET TO THE TOP AND HE USED TO MAKE EVERY1 LAFF JUST LIKE SANTINO!...I HOPE THEY DO PUSH MORRISON HES WAY BETTER THEN THE MIZ.

ALL YOU GUYS ARE RIPPIN ON SANTINO FOR BEING A COMEDY ACT AND THE SAME PEOPLE ARE MOST LIKELY JERICHOS BIGGEST FAN. IF YOU GUYS REMEMBER CHRIS JERICHO USED TO BE THE COMEDY ACT IN WCW AND IN WWE (NOT SURE ABOUT ECW IT WAS DIDNT WATCH IT) AND HE SHOT TO THE TOP! SO DONT COUNT SANTINO OUT JUST YET BECAUSE IT TOOK JERICHO A LONG TIME TO GET TO THE TOP AND HE USED TO MAKE EVERY1 LAFF JUST LIKE SANTINO!...I HOPE THEY DO PUSH MORRISON HES WAY BETTER THEN THE MIZ.

You've got to be shitting me? Chris Jericho was a comedy act in WCW? How about the fact that he was one of the top talents of the Cruiserweight division? A television champion? He actually had feuds worth watching? Santino has NOTHING on Chris Jericho's career back in WCW. Especially considering the fact that Chris wasn't a comedy act, he was a wrestler who cut entertaining promos.

Santino will never be like Chris Jericho if that is what you're implying. Mostly considering the fact that Chris is better than Santino in every thinkable way.

You've got to be shitting me? Chris Jericho was a comedy act in WCW? How about the fact that he was one of the top talents of the Cruiserweight division? A television champion? He actually had feuds worth watching? Santino has NOTHING on Chris Jericho's career back in WCW. Especially considering the fact that Chris wasn't a comedy act, he was a wrestler who cut entertaining promos.

Santino will never be like Chris Jericho if that is what you're implying. Mostly considering the fact that Chris is better than Santino in every thinkable way.

DUDE YOU MUST BE ONE OF THE JERICHO MARKS IF U THINK HE DIDNT USED TO BE A COMEDY ACT! THE GUY THREW FITS WHEN HE LOST ALWAYS HAD A WISE CRACK ABOUT JUVI,MYSTERIO AND ANY OTHER CRUISERWEIGHT...AND IF I REMEMBER ALWAYS CHANGED THERE NAME WRONG LIKE SANTINO DOES NOW. I AGREE SANTINO ISNT AS GOOD IN THE RING BUT WHEN DID THAT EVER MATTER IN WWE. THE WHOLE ROSTER IS CRAP MINUS ORTAN,EDGE,JERICHO,MORRISON AND KOFI

Yea this might just be a way to push Jomo up more..i don't think he will come out on top unless they're seing if sheamus will put someone over...but i doubt it...hopefully this is the start of something good for jomo

DUDE YOU MUST BE ONE OF THE JERICHO MARKS IF U THINK HE DIDNT USED TO BE A COMEDY ACT! THE GUY THREW FITS WHEN HE LOST ALWAYS HAD A WISE CRACK ABOUT JUVI,MYSTERIO AND ANY OTHER CRUISERWEIGHT...AND IF I REMEMBER ALWAYS CHANGED THERE NAME WRONG LIKE SANTINO DOES NOW. I AGREE SANTINO ISNT AS GOOD IN THE RING BUT WHEN DID THAT EVER MATTER IN WWE. THE WHOLE ROSTER IS CRAP MINUS ORTAN,EDGE,JERICHO,MORRISON AND KOFI

You need heavily to be introduced to the ever so common persona that Chris Jericho more or less always have been. A whiny guy that cried and complained whenever he lost a match as a heel more or less. It was a part of his gimmick. He wasn't a comedy act because guess what, he won championships. And he won matches against talents at the top of his division. Chris Jericho dominated the cruiserweight division for a while, and had some great feuds. Nothing that Santino can ever brag about.

Also, I didn't refer to the fact that Chris Jericho is much better than Santino in the ring. He's also much better on the microphone, has a better look, and steamrolls Santino in terms of being a better superstar and overall wrestler.

And before I forget it.. Turn off your caps lock.

First off, learn how to use a god damn period. Run on sentences are written by 4th graders.

Second, it seemed like they were only trying to set something up between Morrison and Sheamus. So a push for Santino may have been a one-night-only type thing.

I don't care what they do with this guy as long as they keep him on the show talking and being fucking hilarious!! This dude is one of the best things on Raw. He might just be comic relief but he's a funny ass dude. I think if the E goes along the whole unifying the titles thing and there aren't 30 titles, they should bring back the lightweight title and show that Santino can actually wrestle as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back