Sheamus Face Turn To Happen Soon?

RobL15

World-Class Jobber.
Ok, so you're all gonna think I'm crazy but listen,

Recently, Sheamus took part in Bragging Rights, on Team Raw. He took part in the team, not showing any real heel nature to his character. Granted he wanted to be Team Captain & threatened to kick anyone who got in his way's heads off, but he worked well with everyone.

Again, you may say no to this right away from what happened on Monday Night Raw with Sheamus & Santino. Sheamus looked VERY pissed that Santino kept falling down, almost like he just wanted to kill him.

However, Sheamus is gradually becoming more popular with the crowd and he is earning more and more pops from the crowd each week. So what I'm trying to get at is, has a Sheamus face turn gotta happen & soon to prevent his character getting stale, much like Mr Cenas has the past however many years?

I seriously doubt that Sheamus will be turning face any time soon. He's been on a roll as a heel, and he will continue to be on a roll as a heel for a decent amount of time. Besides, I'm thoroughly convinced that he is more interesting as a heel.

Sheamus has heel momentum, and hardly any reason to start a turn towards face. RAW has enough top faces right now in a struggling John Cena, a very very popular Randy Orton and only Sheamus / Wade Barrett to really counter for the missing heel power there is. If Sheamus turns face now, it eliminates one person to feud with Randy Orton as a face, or for that sake to eventually feud with whomever turns champion the next. There's no one to take the championship off Randy Orton if it doesn't become Wade or Sheamus if Sheamus does indeed turns.

So no, there's no face turn in the making.

Absolutely no reason for sheamus to turn face!
Look at Finlay, granted sheamus has alot more popularity but when finlay was seen as the rough and tough irishman people took him serious because he swung that stick and rock like a madman, but after he turned face....bye bye Finlay, he had good feuds as a heel with batista, mvp, mysterio and others but not really any as a face other that saving hornswoggle every now and again.
I think the same would happen more or less with sheamus (minus the whole hornswoggle thing lol)

i think you kind of contradicted yourself, you said he is gradually getting more and more pops, but if he doesnt turn face really soon he will get stale.

i think he eventually will but i hope its not for at least another year. a lot of people are loving him (myself included) just the way he is. now, if it gets to the point where all of the fans in the building cheer the shit out of him, then perhaps its time to turn face. i'm not a fan of instant face turns, are the fans supposed to accept that someone was talking total shit to us last monday but tonight he loves all of us now?

anyways, back to sheamus, leave him be and lets just see how the crowd ends up.

The only way for sheamus to go "face" is the unstopable bad-ass route.. Which means he will rarely - if ever loose clean.. Which means it will take a whole 2-3 weeks for the IWC to turn around and talk about how "terrible" Sheamus is as a face, Because people don't seem to realize that top face's just don't loose very often - If Ever...

That being said , I think they should REALLY get what they can out of this Heel run, he has teased a face turn a few times in his last stint as champ- when Nexus was at it's peak. It seemed to go over well with the crowd, but the WWE really dosen't need any more top face talent.. As a Face he's the 3rd Face on the Rooster behind Cena and Orton.. as a Heel he is one of the "up and commers" and is really rotating out of the top spot with Barrett..

He's in a much better situation as a Heel right now, and there's no reason to turn him..

No, this is stupid. Sheamus won't turn face, he's a great heel. Sometimes people like to root for the bad guy. Sheamus right now is the best heel on Raw beside Punk. If anything Sheamus will have a feud with Morrison which should boost JoMo to ME status

he has teased a face turn a few times in his last stint as champ- when Nexus was at it's peak. It seemed to go over well with the crowd, but the WWE really dosen't need any more top face talent.. As a Face he's the 3rd Face on the Rooster behind Cena and Orton.. as a Heel he is one of the "up and commers" and is really rotating out of the top spot with Barrett..

Yeah! It was pretty cool when he came out with a chair and protected Cena on Raw a month or so ago. I think a face turn could happen depending on what happens with the Nexus angle. It's looking pretty strong with the addition of Husky and McGillicutty, and if Cena stays with them, there might be a need for another tough face to fight back.

That being said, they're probably saving a face turn until after HHH comes back. So a face turn is possible in the near future, but more likely than not, it won't happen for a good while. That's my guess.

Sheamus has been on a roll as heel and I see no signs of a face turn with him whatsoever. As I said in a thread suggesting a possible face turn for CM Punk, Sheamus is great as a heel. He's not broken so don't go trying to fix him.

I think a face turn will most likely happen at some point in the future, as it tends to do for most heels, but it's not going to be anytime soon and that's how it should be.

I don't see the point in a Sheamus face turn at all. He is a natural heel and is still getting some pretty good heat. He's only been around on the main roster for roughly a year, and he doesn't need a change yet. Perhaps some time in the distant future, but not any time soon. Sheamus is absolutely fine where he is at the moment, so I say just let him get on with it.

I don't see it happening. He's a great heel and I don't see his character being a good face unless they repackage him as a goofy or funny guy.

Gotta say i'm with Jack on this one: Even though I personally think Sheamus has been rushed like a two virgins on a senior prom, I must admit that he has been proving himself though out.

He's doing awesome as a heel right now, and a change within a span of one month would definitely kill his momentum. Not saying the the DP is suggesting this, but amongst the many problems of the WWE with it's adult fan base, its rushed wrestlers. The pops seems to be a bit out of respect instead of mindlessly cheering for someone. I think in years(hopefully in the number of years H put in to build himself), Sheamus can be a dominant heel but still begs the respect of the fans...ala Triple H. There may be a point in time that no matter what Sheamus does, the cheers will drown the boos. Not only did Triple H have this phenomenon, but RIP, Latino Heat Eduard Gory Guerrero had this as well. But as stated, thats gonna have to take years and years.

Needless turns are never a good idea. Sheamus is doing really well as a heel as said and is still yet to FULLY establish himself as a top player. He definitely belongs in the main event scene and is credible enough to hang with anybody, but I think it would be terrible timing to turn him now, and there are a few guys who would be better suited to a face turn than him if need be. Let him continue to produce the goods as a heel for now.

Like Punk, Sheamus is very good as a heel. He is doing his job well, to the point where he shouldn't be turned because he is very unlikely to be as effective.

I've read rumours of a potential turn to face around the Rumble but it sounds completely nonsensical to me. He has just lost to Santino which tells me he is going to act decisively to regain his heat and get his position back (as champion). He also has a potential feud with Morrison to keep him out of the title picture for the time being.

I fully expect to see a Sheamus face turn within the next six months. That's not to say that's what I want to see happen, but I get the impression, for some reason, that we will see him turn into a face. He will continue to function as a heel for the forseeable future, but the eventual face turn is inevitable.

He will function as a heel, a dominant heel with an attitude. In doing so, fans will begin to like him more and more. Boos will start to turn into cheers. Eventually he will feud with someone such as Nexus or someone else more "heelish" than he is. Even more so, boos will turn into cheers. And WWE will do what they typically tend to do: try to capitalize on these new found cheers via a face turn, successfully or otherwise.

They did this with MVP. With John Morrison. With Randy Orton. They are likely going to do this at some point with the Miz. It failed with MVP. It has been less than stellar results with JoMo. The jury is still out with the Viper. I really hope they don't do this with the Miz, it will ruin his character in my opinion. I'm not really sure if it will work with Sheamus or not. But I imagine that by Wrestlemania time, we will probably find out. Unless they decide to do what I would love to see them do, and that is, set up a Undertaker/Sheamus program for Wrestlemania 27.

Honestly, I can't see him being that successful of a face. He's doing just fine right now and there's no need for a turn. I swear, I think some people would have everyone on the roster turn every 6 months if they were in charge. People are already talking about how Nexus should become face. Why???

I cant really see him as a heel....also concidering the only major heels on Raw are The Nexus and the Miz. And since Cm Punk will be out for a while with his hip so for the moment he needs to stay heel

I actually see where you're going with this one. Not sure how Sheamus has been "on fire" as a heel as of late. I can't tell you one significant thing he's done over the last two months.

Then again, not sure a face turn would do him a ton of good with Cena and Orton at the top on Raw, as well as a soon to return HHH. Speaking of HHH, Sheamus will have to be heel for that, won't he? I'd think so.

I do think he'd do quite well as a face at some point though. He's unique/big/pale enough to make it work. Mark my typed words.

i think he could turn face. he could make it like a shock. save some1. he could be a great face while still have that tough attitude. just like test. i dont know if ant1 sees it but he has almpst the exact same looks as TEST. so tell me if u agree tht sheamus and test are kinda alike.

I am fascinated by how Sheamus has gone from a very green entertainer to top star. (Anyone remember when John Cena had to remind Sheamus to put his foot on his chest during their first feud when Sheamus was supposed to pose as a villain over Cena's body?)

The HHH feud was mostly responsible for the push of Sheamus as a legitimate threat, but then winning the belt the 2nd time gave him a new validity as a main eventer. It shows that Vince had not given up on the decision to run with Sheamus. I look at Swagger, who was suddenly handed the belt and given a push on SD, and is now not in the mix for the WHT. It is just the nature of the business that some will get the push whether they are ready or not.

Bragging Rights showed us a lot about star appeal and respect. Edge and Sheamus were clearly the star power because of their winning resumes. If Sheamus were to ever turn face, I believe it would be in a similar way that Orton did after his McMahon feud... Slowly but surely, take care of your business. Be a consistent winner every week. Don't align with anyone. Then, suddenly remove Sheamus from the conversation. Fans will be thinking about what is missing. Then comes a dominant match where Sheamus takes someone who is loosing steam and reminds the world of his dominance.

Just a thought.

MVP, KHALI, CARLITO, JOHN MORRISON, MARK HENRY, BIG SHOW just to name a few in my view has failed miserably since being turned face. All of these are examples of guys who were at their very best as heels, entertaining, dominant, desire to perform, and who actually gave a damn. Sheamus does NOT need to fall victim to this same list. He is a tremendous and Natural heel, that needs to be left alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back