WWE TLC 2010 - John Morrison vs. Sheamus #1 Contender Ladder Match

Who comes away from TLC the number 1 contender?

• Shaemus

• John Morris

• Both(3Way)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cleavo77

Occasional Pre-Show
During the Slammy Awards, it was announced that Sheamus would face John Morrison at TLC in a ladder match for the #1 Contender-ship of the WWE Championship.

Now, the question is, Who do you think will win?

If Sheamus wins this could set up the return for HHH. If he doesn't return at the royal rumble, then he could Eliminate Sheamus in the elimination chamber.

If Morrison Wins this could be the push he's been waiting for, and what better way than for his first Championship match to be against his former tag team partner the Miz.

Keep in mind that whoever wins this contract Sunday will not then go on to participate in the Royal Rumble.

What are your predictions?

So the general manager says that the winner of Shaemus/Morrison at TLC is the new number 1 contender for the WWE championship. I see that WWE has done something with these two thats almost a lost art, and thats have them beat one other cleanly... indicating they are evenly matched. Jo Mo pointed out that they are 1-1, with match number 3 coming up at TLC. These two have amzing matches and Id love to see them do a best of 7 like Booker and Beniot did years ago. But right now is not the time for that as one of them will be competing for the title after their TLC match. So how do you see this panning out? Miz/Morrison would make for a pretty good feud and Im not sure if the E would go for a heel/heel fued for the title right now.

I think Shaemus and Morrison will battle to a draw or double DQ at TLC and become co number 1 contenders. A 3Way match between these guys would be much better than a 1-on-1 contest between any of these three. It also allows Miz to retain the title and keep Shaemus and Morris feuding a little longer and giving us great matches. So who do you think will be the number 1contender after TLC and why?

I think that Morrison will win and face The Miz at RR. JoMo and The Miz could pull off a really good match......but I would want The Miz to win. And then Sheamus goes on to the RR match and HHH eliminates him....then Christian wins the whole thing ;)

I have to disagree with you...I still believe they are setting up Sheamus to battle Triple H. So I believe it will be Morrison to take the number 1 contender spot at TLC. Whether he does it 100% on his own...or maybe even have TLC where Triple H returns and cost Sheamus the number one contender slot. Either way...I'm going with Morrison to be number one contender at TLC.

I'm convinced its gonna be Morrison who wins at TLC and becomes the number one contender. Sets it up perfectly for a Miz/Morrison fued over the title and finally we don't have to watch Cena or Orton in the title picture.

If Morrison does win on Sunday he needs to be given time on the mic to build up the fued with Miz, he needs to get himself more over with the fans and turn the fued between him and Miz into a classic. I think he could can do it if he is given the right material to work with, these two have worked well together in the past and I think Miz will help Morrison seem like a genuine main eventer.

Remember it's a ladder match guys, i think morrison wioll win, i dont see miz/sheamus fued, maybe if orton is in it sure

Morrison will most likely win here, everything seems to be in his favour anyway.

First off it is a ladder match, a match which will undoubtedly favour John Morrison's high risk offence. They can also play up the fact that Morrison has previous ladder match experience too make sure Sheamus doesn't look too weak in defeat, he is already losing to a man who has never won a World Title while he is a former 2 time world champ, they want to make him look as strong as possible in defeat.

Secondly this feud is designed to push John Morrison, if he loses here what will he have accomplished? Losing three times to Sheamus while only defeating him once, yeah that really pushes him. He has to win here or other wise this whole feud will have been a complete waste of time.

Thirdly a Morrison makes complete sense from a storyline perspective. He can go onto the Rumble to face the Miz, his former tag partner so the storyline writes it's self. If Sheamus were to win it would be a heel vs heel match which is damn hard to pull off. Also it will leave Sheamus free to compete in the Rumble where Hunter can return to eliminate him thus re-igniting their feud.

I honestly can't see any possible way that Morrison loses here.

depends on when the match is, i see Morrison winning it right now (if Triple H is going to wrestle at Royal Rumble), BUT if Triple H just returns at Royal Rumble, i see Sheamus winning it and having him lose his title match thanks to Triple H, but as of now, i will guess Morrison wins to set up a Miz vs. Morrison match and a Sheamus vs. Triple H match.

Before anything, I'm excited about two things. One, I am a sucker for #1 Contender matchs on PPVs, and 2, we're not gonna have our usual string or rematchs after Miz/Orton.

We already saw Orton/Sheamus this year, and I don't wanna see Miz/Sheamus, therefor I don't wanna see Sheamus win #1 Contender. If anything, Morrison NEEDS NEEDS NEEDS this. He keeps getting dropped right after getting pushed, if they finally give him a title match, win or lose it's something that'll keep him around regardless. I seriously hope John Morrison gets the win.

I think Logically it has to be Morrison or Triple Threat. I would love it to be Sheamus alone but can't see it as it's not really going to sell ppv's IMO

I'm not sure how both men could win a ladder match with a No. 1 Contenders Contract. The stipulation pretty much ensures that there will be a winner. But anyway....

I think this smells of an HHH return, setting up two feuds that are already tailor made. Two former partners in Miz vs Morrison for the WWE Title at the Royal Rumble, and HHH vs Sheamus. Sheamus is already KIng of the Ring, and Morrison desperately needs this win.

A ladder match would be more suitable to his style anyway. But a HHH return and interference won't hurt even it's the reason Morrison winds up in the main event. The key is: Morrison in the main event. If he doesn't win this match, I don't know where he goes from here. This is must win, and I think he will.

I think, I hope, I want John Morrison to win. As a JoMo fan for a long time... I've been waiting for John Morrison to get his push. He may not have the mic skills but his athletic ability is probably one of the best on the show. He has put on memorable performances in all his gimmick matches, especially last year's Elimination Chamber...

It is time for John Morrison to win.

However there are 4 possible outcomes leading to Royal Rumble based on the outcomes of 2 matches.

John Morrison vs Randy Orton
John Morrison vs The Miz
Sheamus vs. Randy Orton
Sheamus vs. The Miz

You can rule out the Face/Face and Heel/Heel matches most likely.

So I either see JoMo vs Miz or Sheamus vs RKO being reignited... but I've predicted JoMo vs the Miz for awhile now so thats where I think this will go

Man, I hope its Morrison, like many others have said, he needs this.. It sets up perfect for a fued with the miz and sets up the return of HHH. The only issue is what does this leave Orton?if he doesn't win the title this week what does he do next..? Either way, I'm hoping this puts JoMo in the main event where he belongs..

I think JoMo will win because I think he is in line for a push and he has earned his spot in the company. He's the most over face after John and Randy on RAW

I'm not sure how both men could win a ladder match with a No. 1 Contenders Contract. The stipulation pretty much ensures that there will be a winner. But anyway....

Of course there is no way that both men get their hands on this contract (what...3...4 sheets of paper?) tear it and both come away with 'half' the contract.

Not that there couldnt be one winner. The majority of the board seems to feel that way.

yeah Morrison gets the win here, isn't it obvious? The Miz finds a way to screw over Orton and keep the WWE title, Morrison becomes number on contender restarting a great midcard feud but making it so much better because its for the greatest prize in the industry

I think it's gotta be Morrison. Sheamus has had his share of time in the main event, and after winning King of the Ring, he doesn't really need to become a number one contender. Also, with The Miz as champion, a heel vs. heel match at one of the biggest PPVs is not a great sell.

Morrison goes over Sheamus at TLC and faces Miz at the Rumble. I think Miz goes over dirty, and JoMo is put in the Elimination Chamber, where he exits second or third. This will only add more fuel to the Miz-Morrison feud that has been going on since they broke up. It won't explode at Royal Rumble or Elimination Chamber, but the time is coming.

I think its gonna be Morrison for 3 reasons.

1: Morrison is long over-due for a title shot. Not a win, but atleast a shot. He's proven himself over the months and I dearly hope he wins it at TLC

2: A Sheamus-HHH fued is on the cards. It can't be denied. It is inevitable. Yeah. HHH is gonna come back and take his revenge on Sheamus and that means Sheamus can't be in the title pic.

3: A Miz/Sheamus fued will be as boring as a soccer match without goals. It will be blant and there won't be anything personal in that fued unless WWE comes up with some differences.

So there you go. It has to be Morrison or WWE sucks.

Every year at the royal rumble young guys are almost getting title shots because wwe wants all the main guys to be in the main match, the royal rumble. last year they made sheamus in the main event and this year they are gonna have morrison and miz fight.
its almost obvious they never put there big guys in a title match at the royal rumble

i think that miz will somehow win the title match this sunday against orton, probably with interference with riley or cole. morrison will beat sheamus. morrison vs the miz at extreme rules (which is noted as the next pay per view) bringing up their old ecw days. then after morrison is done with his fued with miz, while accepting his slammy tonight cm punk said he was going to get revenge on somebody which could be morrison going back to their ecw days.

I think this match is set up to start two maybe three feuds. Morrison will most likely beat Sheamus maybe even with a assist by a returning HHH.
Morrison will move on to face Miz at Royal Rumble. The HHH and Sheanus feud will pick back up.With the comments CM Punk made tonight presumably about Orton he may cost Orton his title match. Setting up a feud with those two.

Leaving the Miz vs Morrison to headline a PPV or two. In my opinion that would be great scenario. With having a main event with two guys whom haven't been completely established as main eventers yet. They would have a strong enough undercard that could carry the PPV.

Gotta think Morrison wins and maybe he gets some help from a returning Triple H. Usually it seems the Rumble puts in a world title contender that doesn't see much main event time or if they do they move in and out (Mysterio and Hardy come to mind). With that said it would be the perfect time to test the water for Morrison and the feud practically writes itself since him and Miz are former partners. This also allows for the Rumble to be filled with more star studded names.

If Trips does come back at the RR, they'll likely have him as a surprise contestant in the rumble. You could throw Shaemus in the Rumble as well OR you could have Shaemus, Jo Mo and Miz in a triple threat at the rumble. Miz could retain at the rumble and then you could have Shaemus and HHH start their feud leading up to mania.

The only reason I think a triple threat could be what they book for RR is because I dont know if they have confidence in Miz putting on a great singles, non-gimmick match. People say Miz and Morrison could have great matches but are we really sure about that? Miz's work isnt really that great. Jo Mo could probably carry him, but putting Shaemus in the mix for a one-time triple threat would GUARANTEE a great RR WWE title match. Again...you could break off and feud Morrison/Miz, HHH/Shaemus after the Rumble.

LOL but I only say this because thats how Id book it. If so many are saying it'll be Morrison/Miz straight up at Rumble, then that is probably what its going to be.

I really think they're setting up Miz/Morrison for The Royal Rumble. They obviously have history together, and have some chemistry as well. The Royal Rumble is always a good place for a guy to get his first shot at the title, and for Morrison it's no different.

But, I think this may set up even more. I have been listening to people, for months now, talk about how HHH would return. This may be the right time. I think he may cost Sheamus the match. Morrison moves onto Miz, Sheamus and HHH both enter the Rumble. Sounds good to me.

This match screams of a Morrison win and HHH interference. Sheamus just won King of the Ring, so you can't make him look weak. On the converse, it's now or never for Morrison. He literally has nowhere to go from here.

HHH's return and screwing Sheamus out of the match is the only logical choice. It sets up two ready made feuds, a long awaited grudge match between Sheamus and HHH, and a WWE Title Match between former partners Miz and Morrison. HHH's interference allows WWE to see how Morrison can handle himself in a main event spot, and also protects Sheamus from a clean loss.

Morrison will win this, and move on to face Miz at The Rumble. The Rumble has generally been a good spot for WWE to put in filler(JBL, Rey) or test the waters with new main event blood(Hardy). I think this will be the year we see WWE pull the trigger with Morrison main eventing. Morrison wins in what should be an excellent conclusion to this feud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back