TLC PPV - John Morrison vs Drew McIntyre - Intercontinental Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambiguous Turd

Mid-Card Championship Winner
At the TLC PPV, John Morrison will be defending the Intercontinental Championship against Drew McIntyre.

The WWE is doing a nice job with the unpredictability factor, as this match could also go either way.

On one hand, WWE is obviously focusing very heavily on establishing John Morrison's credibility as Intercontinental Champion, in preparation for entering the Main Event down the road. And that is an extremely smart investment in both Morrison, as well as the Intercontinental Title itself.

On the other hand, Drew McIntyre is almost receiving a "Sheamus" like push, as well ... on Smackdown, as WWE is very high on McIntyre, as well. They could feel that Morrison is now ready to be placed into the Main Event, and therefore are ready to give McIntyre the Intercontinental Title to make that a possibility.

If Morrison does lose the title, I wouldn't be surprised if it is done via "dubious means" on the part of McIntyre (foreign object, both feet on the ropes, etc.) so to not make Morrison look weak in losing the title, if they plan on sending him to the top of the Roster.

Also, this is only their first match. Is WWE going to stretch this feud out, or are they ready to give McIntyre the title on the first match?

Let's discuss what we forsee happening in the match, right here.

Like Sidious said, this has the possibility to go either way.

If Drew McIntyre wins this, then he'll look awesome after 2 victories over John Morrison, at least one of which was clean. He'll have gotten the Intercontinental title without even trying. People will get really pissed off with that though, there'll be claims of down throat shoving. Plus John Morrison is quite a popular champion on the IWC, so people will probably be pretty pissed off if he loses to McIntyre in McIntyre's first shot at the title. He's not over enough or good enough to get the title that quickly.

Not only that, but it might make Morrison look pretty shit. That'll be, what, like 3 PPV loses in a row for Morrison? That's not what you need when you're trying to build main event stars. McIntyre was the a survivor in the Survivor Series match, so a loss to Morrison won't hurt him much, especially if he just wins it next month.

So yeah, I'm calling it now. McIntyre will lose the TLC match, but then win the title off Morrison at Smackdown/Rumble/No Way Out, so they can start grooming Morrison for Money in the Bank or a main event push after Mania.

This is horse shit! Morrison has worked his ass off for 6yrs to be the IC champion and McIntyre comes in and pretty much shits on it cuz he's "In with the boys". HBK and HHH fully endorse this kid. These pushes to the young superstars are starting to piss me off. Sheamus gets a WWE title shot in 2 months? Great, whats left for him to do now? Where do you go from here?

This is stupid, you have to extend and use potential, not exploit it. I had a problem with both of these assholes beating Finlay as well, Finlay would beat the shit out of either one of these punks if Vince let him, they make Finlay's legacy of being tuff questionable with losses too rookies. I get it, you have to push the new generation, but I am sure Dolph Ziggler,Tyson Kidd,Cody Rhodes,DiBiase,and Zack Ryder are saying "What the fuck is going on around here? These kids are being pushes strait out of FcW!" The only reason Morrison would lose would be to get him ready for a main event spot, and let McIntyre hold the belt until Ziggler beats him. But Ziggler should have that belt.

McIntyre hasnt done anything overly impressive and aside from throwing around a 155lb man (Noble) and other jobbers, Sheamus is nothing refreshing. There is a pecking order well ahead of these two Brats, and they are not gonna like being second fiddle to HHH's workout partner (Sheamus), and Vince's hand picked "future WHWChampion". Hopefully this is more of an experiment in getting these two known and then they will have to work their way up the ladder, if not, thats crap.

It's mind boggling what they are doing with Morrison, he is probably the most entertaining guy to watch in the company after Rey Mysterio. Who did he piss off, if you saw their match on smackdown you can clearly see how boring Mcintyre is, why is Mcmahon so high on him is beyond me.

But back to the post, yeah Drew will destroy Morrison and take the title.

Im thinking with the type of style that McIntyre enforcers, plus Morrison's nact for holding onto the title when its on the line, that Morrison will end up coming out on top and winning the match. I foresee this match to turn into a feud, as I think these two could match up fairly well. For this match at TLC, I can definitely see ending in some sort of DQ/CO fashion. In this way, Morrison holds onto the strap, but McIntyre still continues his upward push. The count-out would be McIntyre knocking Morrison out and getting a CO victory in that sense.

If this were to take place, then a future bout between the two could be had in the 7 weeks between TLC and the Rumble, with a final encounter taking place at the Rumble. This Rumble match could be the stipulation style match, like a steel cage match or something in that nature (which I think would be an awesome match for these two), and it would allow Morrison then to move on to the main event (I seriously see a Morrison vs Batista match for the WHC at Mania).

I think this is a good match-up for the IC Title. Im trying to think of someone else in the IC title picture with as much heel heat as McIntyre right now and the only one coming to mind is Ziggler. Ziggler's had many title shots recently and seeing him get another one would be boring to me.

Morrison is clearly a great face title holder who it would seem would be next in line for the main event push, and what better way to drop the title than to someone like McIntyre so he could keep his reputation.

I see Morrison holding the title at the TLC pay per view leading to a nice fued going into the royal rumble where McIntyre could regain the title. This would give Morrison an opening to get into the Money in the bank match at Wrestlemania which I think would be the best way to send him up to the main event scene.

It's a nice match-up, I have to say I'm going to enjoy this PPV better than Survivor Series.

No matter the outcome this should be an excellent match. Their match on SD this week was very good and as typical with jomo was the highlight of the show. As much as Id love to see the guru of greatness in the main event its to early. If they try to elevate him now I fear there just going to miss use him and hes goin to lose the momentum he built up as the intercontinental champ. Whatever they do hopefully they continue to elevate both jomo and drew because they both are incredible talents and have alot of potential

I personally am looking forward to this match. Both men have such different styles, but they worked so well together on Smackdown. I am hoping Morrison wins the match and they drag the feud out to the Rumble, where Morrison will drop the belt there. McIntyre isn't quite ready for the belt, so I can't see him winning yet.

Morrison will pick up the win here. He will either barely win, or get his finisher on McIntyre for the win. Although, I feel that Morrison hitting Starship Pain or any of his finishers will make McIntyre look weak, so I am hoping for a roll up or some sort of pinning predicament for the win. Then McIntyre can continue the feud by saying he had Morrison beat, and Morrison stole the victory and what not to keep the feud going.

Either way, this will be a good match, and I am looking forward to seeing it.

This is horse shit! Morrison has worked his ass off for 6yrs to be the IC champion and McIntyre comes in and pretty much shits on it cuz he's "In with the boys". HBK and HHH fully endorse this kid. These pushes to the young superstars are starting to piss me off. Sheamus gets a WWE title shot in 2 months? Great, whats left for him to do now? Where do you go from here?

This is stupid, you have to extend and use potential, not exploit it. I had a problem with both of these assholes beating Finlay as well, Finlay would beat the shit out of either one of these punks if Vince let him, they make Finlay's legacy of being tuff questionable with losses too rookies. I get it, you have to push the new generation, but I am sure Dolph Ziggler,Tyson Kidd,Cody Rhodes,DiBiase,and Zack Ryder are saying "What the fuck is going on around here? These kids are being pushes strait out of FcW!" The only reason Morrison would lose would be to get him ready for a main event spot, and let McIntyre hold the belt until Ziggler beats him. But Ziggler should have that belt.

McIntyre hasnt done anything overly impressive and aside from throwing around a 155lb man (Noble) and other jobbers, Sheamus is nothing refreshing. There is a pecking order well ahead of these two Brats, and they are not gonna like being second fiddle to HHH's workout partner (Sheamus), and Vince's hand picked "future WHWChampion". Hopefully this is more of an experiment in getting these two known and then they will have to work their way up the ladder, if not, thats crap.

How is this horse shit? It's obvious Ziggler isn't going to win the IC title because he's been chasing it since NOC. So why not put someone new into the IC title picture? You also do know that Morrison has been IC champ before as Johnny Nitro.

As far as the the other wrestlers you mentioned go... As I said earlier Ziggler has been chasing the IC title since NOC, and if he's not going to win it, then it's time to put someone new in the IC title picture. You seriously didn't mention Cody and Ted did you? They were tag team champs before, and major players in one of the biggest storylines WWE has done in recent memory between HHH and Orton. Finaly got beat up by Mcintyre because Finaly was putting him over.It's what happens when young talent gets pushed.

If the pushes to the young superstars are pissing you off so much, then would you rather see HBK and HHH split up DX, and get back into the title picture? I think not. WWE is testing the waters with these pushes, and trying to breathe some new life into the title pictures. A lot of people hate it when Triple H is champion or in the title picture, and now someone new is in there, and it pisses you off?

Anyway I'm looking forward to this match. I think no matter what the outcome is it will benefit both men. If McIntyre wins, there's a new champion, and a chance for more different feuds. If Morrison wins, it's going to make him look like a stronger champion. If, Morrison doesn't win, then maybe we will see him go towards the main event scene.

Morrison has been doing a great job of being IC champ. If he retains or doesn't, either way he will come out looking strong.

I enjoyed their match on last nights SD!, and glad McIntyer is getting his shot at the IC Title. Either way whoever wins I don't mind, McIntyre is an impressive young talent, as is Morrison. If Morrison loses then it wont be long before hes in the main event, possibly 2010's Rumble winner.

As far as McIntyre being quote "In with the boys," he's considered just that by his fans and coworkers for a good reason. Sure McMahon is getting old and becoming more and more Al Davis esque senial, but he, along with the rest of his talent staff must see something in McIntyre to give him this push. Same with Sheamus. But lets face it, McIntyre, at least for me, draws comparison to a younger Triple H, Jean-Paul Levesque. The foreign gimmick, the in-ring style, hell even on the microphone. There's no written law that says "You have to be with the company for X amount of days in order to..." no. McIntyre worked his ass off in FCW, and thus I think deserves this push.

As far as the match goes, this has great potential to be a great match. You've got two young superstars in which both are likely to be a part of the future of the company. It's McIntyre's in your face roughneck style vs Morrison's showman/all-round speed style. They had a respectable match on Smackdown, but I think both guys were really saving it for the payperview, as that match was really to get McIntyre over as the number one contender. Expect a lot of false finishes in this one, as that has been a recurring theme in John Morrison matches.

As far as who's going to win, it's gotta be McIntyre. And the reason I say that is because if they want to give us any indication that Morrison CAN win the Royal Rumble in January, taking the title off him would help, as I'm sure WWE wants to make that match as unpredictable as possible. Besides, McInyre is on a roll, and to me seems like an ideal Intercontinental champion. But should we see Morrison win, expect this to escalate into a feud similar to the Dolph Ziggler one we saw back at the end of the summer.

imo mcintyre is just boring to me. hes young and will have a good future but im not ready to see him win the i.c. tittle. morrison has feuded with ziggler since becoming the i.c. champ. i say have him feud and win over mcintyre and one more superstar b4 taking the tittle off. i would like to see him stay i.c. champ till wm 26 where he can win mitb

I am really looking forward to seeing what Drew McIntyre gives us at TLC.

Personally, I never saw what the big deal was about him when he joined. People have stated how good he is and how he was hand-picked to represent the WWE, I don't care about most of that as long as I see something good from the guy inside the ring. So far, with McIntyre, I have been pleasantly surprised. I don't think he is amazing but he is certainly a lot better than some of the people that have occupied a WWE ring for some time. It is my hope that McIntyre does well in this match but his opponent is no sluch either.

John Morrison is one of my favourite personalities in the WWE at the time being and he will be up for this. I always imagine Morrison as being like Jeff Hardy and Edge but just 10 years too late. He seems as though he really fits into this kind of match and all of the times I have seen him compete with Ladders etc, he has been exceptional. As I say, I am very excited to see what both of these two men are able to give and contribute to an already welcomed PPV.

I can't WAIT for this match. It is between two potential future world champions and I think it will give us a preview of what they are capable of during more encounters in the future. Morrison has had an AWESOME reign as IC Champion, but I'm going with McIntyre winning this because it wouldn't make sense to push Morrison past the midcard if he was still holding a midcard title and I think he is going to get that big push soon. This should be a fantastic match though!

DAGGER DIAS PREDICTION
Drew McIntyre will win the Intercontinental Championship.

I'm so-so on this match. I'm not big on Drew McIntyre, and I don't want him to win the title. I'm looking forward to JoMo, though. I think he should retain for maybe another month and let McIntyre win on SD or at the Rumble.

This will either be one of two things. It'll be the beginning of the push for Morrison to win the Rumble and go to Wrestlemania, or this will be the match where Morrison tries to bring credibility to the Intercontinental Title by having a lenghty reign onto the Rumble and Wrestlemania.

I don't see Morrison winning here because there are too many things to do with Morrison in the near future. He could be in the Money in the Bank, he could win the Rumble and headline Wrestlemania, or he could end up being a factor in the title hunt on Smackdown with Batista and facing him at the Rumble. But McIntyre is terrible and to me, doesn't need to be around any world title.

I say Morrison wins, but will end up dropping the belt eventually.

I am not sure how this match will be. Still don't know how I feel about McIntyre and I still don't like Morrison.

Now Since I feel that Morrison has held the title long enough. I feel that McIntyre should win. But I also feel that McIntrye is fairly new. Him winning the title would be to early.
But if they want to build McIntrye as a main event person, he should win this match becaue they would otherwise trow that buildup away.

Prediction: McIntrye

I think this match is less about McIntyre than it is about Morrison. If JoMo wins, then they are putting him in charge of having a dominate run with the Intercontinental Championship at least until WrestleMania to hopefully help the prestige of the belt. If McIntyre wins, look for Morrison to be pushed either to win Money In The Bank or be the challenger for the World Heavyweight Title in Phoenix.

I haven't seen it, but from what I've heard it's a pretty average match. If Morrison is going to become the star WWE want him to be he's going to have to improve with lesser opponents. Almost everybody at a certain level can elevate another performer, Morrison can't at this point.

Morrison is also my current Rumble pick. Yeah, seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back