WWE TLC 2010 - John Morrison vs. Sheamus #1 Contender Ladder Match

Who comes away from TLC the number 1 contender?

• Shaemus

• John Morris

• Both(3Way)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm very much looking forward to this. I think they've put on a great feud and I love the idea of having a ladder match to determine #1 contender on a ppv. Having a #1 contender match is something that's usually saved for television but the addition of the ladder throws some unpredictability into this match. Both guys have a clean pinfall victory over one another and I don't believe that either one of them is a sure thing in terms of winning at this point.

On one hand, Sheamus has the momentum of being a 2 time WWE Champion going into this, so it's not out of the realm of possibility of him winning this. On the other hand, JoMo has been very hot lately and he has a history with The Miz that could make a renewed rivalry between them interesting, should Miz retain that is. Besides that, it'll leave Sheamus wide open to feud with Triple H should he return soon.

I'm giving the nudge to Morrison here and I think he'll walk out #1 contender.

Sadly, I'm going to have to say Morrison. I say sadly because I predicted him to win the Royal Rumble. But chances are he gets his shot at the Rumble, thus excluding him from the RR match. I would much rather see Miz-Morrison headline WM than the RR.

Although, I could see Miz & Sheamus playing out. Have the match before the Rumble. Triple H returns during the Title match, costs Sheamus the win. Then HHH makes an appearance in the Rumble, Sheamus attacks him and eliminates him. That could work just as easily as HHH being a surprise entrant, plus it would give it even more build. Then you could still have Morrison win the Rumble and allow HHH the opportunity to help get him over....fully. Miz & Sheamus vs. Morrison & HHH, tag matches on Raw, that sort of thing.

I say this because if Miz is still champ heading into Mania. Who is he facing?

Orton likely would face Jericho, Triple H vs. Sheamus, He's not gonna face Barrett or Cena.

Unless that's who CM Punk was talking about, which I highly doubt. Since he was hinting at a heel turn. & he was only on RAW briefly before getting hurt.

But he could be a dark horse candidate to win the Rumble. But then who would Miz face? Triple Threat of some sort?

Morrison will most likely win here, everything seems to be in his favour anyway.

First off it is a ladder match, a match which will undoubtedly favour John Morrison's high risk offence. They can also play up the fact that Morrison has previous ladder match experience too make sure Sheamus doesn't look too weak in defeat, he is already losing to a man who has never won a World Title while he is a former 2 time world champ, they want to make him look as strong as possible in defeat.

Secondly this feud is designed to push John Morrison, if he loses here what will he have accomplished? Losing three times to Sheamus while only defeating him once, yeah that really pushes him. He has to win here or other wise this whole feud will have been a complete waste of time.

Thirdly a Morrison makes complete sense from a storyline perspective. He can go onto the Rumble to face the Miz, his former tag partner so the storyline writes it's self. If Sheamus were to win it would be a heel vs heel match which is damn hard to pull off. Also it will leave Sheamus free to compete in the Rumble where Hunter can return to eliminate him thus re-igniting their feud.

I honestly can't see any possible way that Morrison loses here.

Exactly. How the hell would work a Miz/Sheamus feud? Heel vs heel wouldn't work here at all. Unless some turns face, but Sheamus right now no way in hell can be a face, he is on a roll as a heel. Miz as as face? :lmao: Really? No man, that wouldn't work.

Miz is going to retain, and besides Cena there isn't any other "big" face on RAW right now, plus with the whole WWE's "youth movement" is perfect to see JoMo in the maint event. As Brownstone said it, the storyline between these two is already written, JoMo will go to RR as the number one contnder.

Guys. Triple H doesn't need to cost Sheamus the title to set up the fued. I mean wow how many reasons for him and Sheamus to wrestle eachother do you need. Triple H was attacked by Sheamus during his speech to Shawn Michaels, that's 1. Triple H was injured by Sheamus that's 2. AND Sheamus is claiming he's the 'king of king's thats 3 reasons and that's plenty for those two to fued. Why waste this whole Sheamus/Morrison storyline just to add another reason the potential Triple H/Sheamus storyline, it's completely unnecessary!

Morrison has to win this because Sheamus will fued with Triple H in the future. Because Sheamus/Miz or Orton would be heel/heel and a fued we've already seen. Because it would be a completely fresh title fued. Because there's already a storyline fued between Miz and Morrison as ex-tag team partners. That's enough reasons for it to happen.

This post has been about reasons..

Let's slow it down with all of the Morrison love so quickly. I'm a fan of his as well but to jump to the conclusion that he's going to win this match because he "deserves" it is a bit of a stretch. Also, to those who just assume Sheamus won't win because a heel/heel match will never work, Do we not remember the Royal Rumble just one year ago? Sheamus defending against a heel Randy Orton?

Also, at TLC last year we saw the (supposed) emergence of Kofi Kingston. We all (myself included) thought he would go over Orton and perhaps move on to the Rumble as the #1 contender.

But I digress, I hope Morrison wins here. This is the perfect match for these two to end their fued on before the road to WM begins. The Ladder match will allow JoMo to showcase his skills as he oooh's and aaaah's us and as seen on Raw we will probably see Sheamus do some pretty brutal things with the ladder. This match should be very exciting and I HOPE it is not ruined by a HHH return. We don't need the new #1 contender winning by default because Trips returned to make Sheamus lose, we can save that for the Rumble match itself. Let Morrison win clean and go on to fued with Miz.

Prediction: Morrison wins clean

I think Morrison will win this. However, I don't see the match being Miz vs Morrison; I think it'll be a triple threat.

Why? I don't think Morrison is ready to headline a PPV against the champion in a one on one competition, then at the same time I don't see it being Sheamus vs Miz as heel vs heel could possibly turn one of them into a face. I see Miz vs Morrison Vs Sheamus.

Morrison has to win this. There is no way that a Miz vs Sheamus match makes any sense at this stage as both of them are heels. And I certainly think that Miz will win his match against Orton.

I do not think that Triple H will be involved with this match or this PPV in any capacity though. I think that he will return at a later date as he is not ready for in ring action as yet. Then again I could be wrong here though.

Either way I think that a title match at Royal Rumble is the way WWE is testing if John Morrison can hold his own at the main event level or not. This does not mean that Morrison will be a constant main eventer after Royal Rumble though. I still don't think he is ready to main event though.

Reactions: TLC
Oh well, I guess it's a fact now. WWE wants John Morrison to challenge for the WWE championship.

There's no way Sheamus is walking out the winner if The Miz is still champion after TLC, and I doubt they would have him loose the belt this early.

John Morrison has been pushed (Much to my dismay) the past couple of months. And I guess this is the final thing for him to become either an one time challenger, or a lower main eventer. Either way I do not like it. But Sheamus won't win it because we all know how WWE feels about heel vs heel.

I'd much rather prefer Sheamus to win this. Sheamus wins. Sheamus beats The Miz/Orton at Royal Rumble (assuming this is the Main Event) Sheamus declares himself the King of WWE... then Triple H comes out having won the Royal Rumble match - points to the WM logo.

However, it seems to be the case that Morrison wins. Faces The Miz at Rumble. Loses. Elimination Chamber comes round. Morrison eliminates The Miz - costing him the title. Morrison vs Miz - Grudge/Janetty Match at WM.

Either way it should be an interesting match none-the-less and I look forward to it. When was the last time a No.1 contender's match was on PPV? Usually a TV thing nowadays.

The moment they made this a Number 1 contenders match, I knew what would happen. Its pretty clear were looking at a Morrison/Miz main event for the Rumble. As Much as I hate the Miz, That match makes the most sense. Nobody wants to see Orton a Sheamus again. Sheamus and Miz wouldn't make a heck of a lot of sense as well. I guess its possible it could be a 3 way between Orton Miz and Morrison. But I really see orton participating in the rumble.

I expect Miz to retain at the rumble thus defending in the elimination chamber with Morrison,Orton, Cena, Barrett and somebody else. This could potentially even lead to a Wrestlemaina match but I don't think the title will be on the line though.

Morrison needs the win on this. Sheamus already won king of the ring. There's not much else you can do to elevate Sheamus. Morrison however has a lot to benefit from a win here. It might just be the thing that catapults him up to permanent main event status after Mania.

I really hope it is Morrison, but I have a small feeling the choice will be Sheamus.

Morrison needs this badly. He has been pushed numerous times without any payout. He needs to stay a relevant contender with his first WWE championship shot. John Morrison vs The Miz is a great feud waiting to happen. Two former tag-team members going at it for the biggest prize in WWE. This is the perfect opportunity to pull the trigger on Morrison. I don't expect him to win, but the rumble is a great place to experiment with him as the RR match is the main draw of the evening. WWE did this with Hardy a few years ago, and it worked. They took a guy who was over with the fans and had little main event experience, gave him a title match to test him out. Say what you want about JoMo, but the fans enjoy him and the man is over. So this Sunday I want him to climb that ladder and become #1 contender for the WWE Championship. This is a match where his high-flying stunts can be showcased. With Sheamus getting the win at KOTR, I see Morrison getting this in return.

However, there is still the possibility that Sheamus is going to walk away from this match #1 contender. As someone pointed out in the LD last night, a Sheamus win at TLC could lead to his 3rd reign as WWE champion at the Royal Rumble where he will begin a feud for the title with Triple H that will bring them to Mania. I really hope this doesn't happen, as I feel another feud between the dirt sheet duo will be great. Sheamus vs The Miz at the Royal Rumble is a strong possibility.

From the posts I've seen (and I didn't read through them all) folks have pointed out how a sheamus/miz match seems very unlikely. I agree completely, but I also think that an orton/morrison match, while more likely, I just can't see that one happening right now. Right now raw has very few faces so why waste them by pitting them against each other?

According to the poll, a john morrison/miz match at royal rumble seems the most likely, meaning that morrison is likely to win. However, I do think that regardless of the outcome of this ladder match, that sheamus will end up being involved and we'll see a triple threat match for the title anyway.

First, I don't think that either miz or morrison are strong enough technically in the ring to pull off a good match on their own for a pay per view's main event. They need someone else in the mix. And sheamus will need something to do since we've got this sheamus/morrison feud that will not likely to be over after the TLC pay per view.

Second, the way these guys are being pushed right now--Morrison is being pushed really strongly, yet miz is currently being built as someone who does not deserve the title (he can't beat daniel bryan, he can't beat King without cole's help, and as I'm sure we'll see at TLC he can't beat orton without help). So basically if it does come down to Morrison vs. Miz at royal rumble, there is no way Miz should be able to pull out a victory, based on current booking. However, if sheamus is added to the mix, Miz does have a reasonable chance of winning by getting lucky or making a pin at an opportune time.

So I guess we'll see but my guess right now is that regardless of what happens at TLC, we will see a 3-way title match at royal rumble. Maybe even a 4-way if orton is still involved.

First off, I'm expecting this match to be match of the night. I dont know if it would be considered stealing the show, but this should be a great match. These guys have had a very good feud over the last month or two and its good to see Morrison on the outskirts of the main event.

I would like to see Morrison win this. If Miz wins his match at TLC, these two could have an awesome feud, even if it is most likely only going to last about a month or two. Hearing Morisson and Miz bickering back and forth in a build to the Rumble would be very entertaining. Also, Morisson would be going into it with tons of momentum after going over the former WWE champ.

However, I'm not completely convinced Morisson will get the victory here. I can see them taking Morisson out of this match with an injury from a Sheamus attack. Then of course, he would be surprisingly replaced with HHH at TLC. I really hope this doesnt happen, because outside of Nexus and Cena, Sheamus and Morisson has been the best feud on RAW as of late. But, you never know when HHH is involved.

You all know it's going to be a John Morrison win. It's a great way to test the waters by having Miz & Morrison duke it out for the WWE title because there is no pressure of that match being the selling point/main event of the PPV, it's the Royal-freakin'-Rumble people. It's going to be bought regardless of who is in the world championship matches, so you know these guys will put on one hell of a match.

Im looking forward to this match, and i can easily see Morrison winning this to set up the match for him and Miz and the Royal Rumble, the ladder match suits Morrison's high flying and high risk in ring work/offense. Also this would mean Sheamus would go onto feud with Triple H more than likely, but this whole match is in favour of John Morrison so he can get his main event push and improve.

I'm really looking forward to this match. Probably more than any other match on the card for that matter. John Morrison's coming away with the win no doubt about it at all. Miz being a heel and Sheamus being a heel, facing each other wouldn't make much sense. Morrison is ready. I mean The Royal Rumble is the time for expirimenting. Like they did with Jeff Hardy back in 2008. Morrison will be a certified main eventer if he can pull away with the victory and number one contendership for the WWE Championship. I'm ready for it, is Morrison?

We've all been mindlessly spouting the idea from the very day HHH got put on the shelf, but after sheamus winning KOTR recently and HHH working a house show against del rio proving he is one his way to recovery, I would bet someone this is the time when it happens. Some sort of interference occurs via HHH allowing morrison to be No1 contender.

WWE has too much to gain NOT to do this. Firstly, it well and trulys gets morrison over finally finally god yes finally, there is no way you cannot be considered a main eventer if you legit earned your way up to the belt by beating someone like sheamus. As has been said before, morrison's strength is his in-ring ability making any win he gets looking legit and any ascension towards a belt also do this. He is another benoit, ie he's not going to be renound for his talking but his work in the ring itself will make him look the part so that base is covered.

It also sets up a HHH and sheamus feud, at least for the foreseeable future which has been a long time coming. It provides a miz and morrison feud which many have also longed for and finally and vehicle for the return of HHH instead of just being royal rumble entrant number 30 and saying, "SUPRIIIISE". It is the best outcome, and if it didn't happen, it would most likely be miz against sheamus which would sell about as well as anthrax covered hotdogs.

In what way would Morrisons #1 contendership be legit if it's not a clean win? Morrison's argument is that it's 1-1 and that he'll win at TLC and be the better man. Not only will he look incapable of beating Sheamus cleanly (when he's already proved that he can) but it'll make him appear to not be the better man. That would ruin Morrison's momentum surely? Both wins between Sheamus and Morrison have been clean, Sheamus' win was even against an INJURED Morrison, stating pretty discretely that Sheamus didn't win clean. So it stands to reason that no-one will interfere in this match. It just doesn't make sense. I can see Triple H attacking him after the match or at a later point in the PPV but not during.

But at the same time, D. Wood, what would a clean loss to Morrison do to Shaemus? A two time champion and King of the Ring losing twice cleanly to John Morrison?? Think about it...would Triple H ever lose cleanly twice to Morrison? If Shaemus is being billed as the next triple H, or someone on that level, I, for one would not take him seriously if he gets pinned cleanly by John Morrison two thirds of the time.

I'm sticking with my pick of Morrison over Sheamus...I don't think it will do a whole lot in regards to Sheamus vs. Triple H...and as far as TiredofthePeople's question about would Triple H ever lose cleanly twice to Morrison....how many times in a row did Triple H lose to Shelton Benjamin?

We've all been mindlessly spouting the idea from the very day HHH got put on the shelf, but after sheamus winning KOTR recently and HHH working a house show against del rio proving he is one his way to recovery, I would bet someone this is the time when it happens. Some sort of interference occurs via HHH allowing morrison to be No1 contender.

WWE has too much to gain NOT to do this. Firstly, it well and trulys gets morrison over finally finally god yes finally, there is no way you cannot be considered a main eventer if you legit earned your way up to the belt by beating someone like sheamus. As has been said before, morrison's strength is his in-ring ability making any win he gets looking legit and any ascension towards a belt also do this. He is another benoit, ie he's not going to be renound for his talking but his work in the ring itself will make him look the part so that base is covered.

It also sets up a HHH and sheamus feud, at least for the foreseeable future which has been a long time coming. It provides a miz and morrison feud which many have also longed for and finally and vehicle for the return of HHH instead of just being royal rumble entrant number 30 and saying, "SUPRIIIISE". It is the best outcome, and if it didn't happen, it would most likely be miz against sheamus which would sell about as well as anthrax covered hotdogs.

I don't doubt that Morrison will win, even though I'm hoping he doesn't and wins the Rumble instead.

But saying no one will buy the Rumble because Miz is facing Sheamus.....is false. People buy the Royal Rumble because of the Royal Rumble Match. I could care less about the undercard and so does everyone else. I haven't bought a Rumble for the undercard since 1994.

I mean in 2004....Brock Lesnar defended against Hardcore Holly.
And in 2006.....we got Kurt Angle vs. Mark Henry.
Or 2009....Cena vs. JBL.......I couldn't have cared less.
Even this years........Sheamus vs. Orton.

So Miz vs. Sheamus isn't that hard to fathom.

The World Title hardly ever changes hands at the Rumble anyway. 4 times since it's inception. 5 if you count Flair winning the vacant championship.

It would just mean Morrison is gonna lose. I'd much rather see him win the Rumble than win this ladder match. They can still make Morrison look amazing with a loss.

Morrison wins. WWE loves to give first title shots at the Rumble. They don't worry about the title match bringing in the big ratings. Here's a list of people who have had their first, and sometimes only, WWE OR WHC title shots at the rumble in just the last 7 years:
Steiner vs HHH
Benoit vs Angle
Hardcore Holly vs Brock Lesnar
Mark Henry vs Cena
Umaga vs Cena
Kennedy vs Batista
Jeff Hardy vs Orton

WWE will give Morrison his first shot this year, because it sets up everything else perfectly. It would be a real shock to see anyone but Miz and Morrison to win this weekend.

I'm sticking with my pick of Morrison over Sheamus...I don't think it will do a whole lot in regards to Sheamus vs. Triple H...and as far as TiredofthePeople's question about would Triple H ever lose cleanly twice to Morrison....how many times in a row did Triple H lose to Shelton Benjamin?

LOL Ok but you know thats a different situation because Trips at that point was a what...7 or 8 time champion? He was the Game! He was putting Shelton over at that point. Shaemus right now isnt at that level so its not the same thing for him. If he's losing cleanly to John Morrison 2/3rds of the time right now why should I be interested in him feuding with HHH?

On another (kinda note) I really REALLY wouldnt mind Shaemus losing cleanly to Morrison here because I (and I KNOW Im the only one lol so its all good) would much rather see Sheamus and Morrison keep feuding. Id like to see them do a Benoit/Booker or Beer Money/MCMG program where they have a best of 5 or best of 7 series of matches to see who really is better. THEN Id like to see them both move on to other feuds featuring the Miz and HHH.

But I know Mania is around the corner so they have to cook up some story lines so...thats the way it goes. But I dont think Shaemus is in the position right now to be booked as a wrestler not as good as John Morrison and come out looking the way Trips did when he was putting Benjamin over.

But we all have short term memories anyway and everyone wants to see HHH and Shaemus feud so Im sure the fact that Shaemus cant beat John Morrison wont matter at all when the time comes.

I guess you are wrong on what you "know" because I really enjoy the matches between Morrison and Sheamus. So I would also enjoy the fued to continue for a while longer. But, like you said...Mania is around the corner and we know that WWE won't do it...but then again...it is entirely possible to rekindle the fued later down the road. I really enjoy the speed of Morrison going against the power of Sheamus....I believe it makes for some great matches.

I am beyond pumped for this match. Morrison and Sheamus have had some damn good matches, and I don't think things will change here. I expect to see a good amount of jaw dropping spots here, and this one should be pretty physical.

I'm picking Morrison to win this. I can't see him losing to Sheamus again, and we all know a Triple H return is getting closer. Sheamus will probably see Triple H during the Royal Rumble match, and this encounter will continue their feud. Sheamus won't need the WWE Championship to feud with Triple H. Morrison could face Miz at the Rumble. This will be Morrison's test run in the main event, and it'll be interesting to see how things will develop from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back