Wrestlers Who Make You Tune in to IMPACT Wrestling Every Week?

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
A simple question. Which wrestlers make you tune in IMPACT Wrestling every week? Here's my list in order:

1. Ethan Carter III: The biggest star of IMPACT Wrestling currently. For me, no one in the whole roster comes close to him. He's the biggest reason I tune in IMPACT Wrestling almost every week now. He's good at every skill possible for a professional wrestler. Even better is that IMPACT Wrestling made him whatever he's today. A jobber in WWE and was turned into a star by IMPACT Wrestling.

2. Eli Drake: Rarely do I get impressed by someone's mic skills. Eli is one of the best mic workers in IMPACT Wrestling along with Ethan Carter III. He's not great in the ring but he's good enough. If you still don't like him, here's something for you:
WvNU9LIpLFxo5OaD7GfyQDN7PCTC9SYQ_qVBJusfbEqqmLdKUlUZJnnBOnXZ2lB0-8J6_DET=w480-h270-nc

3. Lashley: He ain't on the programming as much as a World Heavyweight Champion should since a couple of weeks, thanks to the battle of commentary. But he arguably did the best work of his career last year even capturing every singles title. He actually dominated the whole roster. Having the promotion's Match Of The Year as in against Ethan Carter III at Bound For Glory, he was an awesome champion.

4. Jesse Godderz: Yes. He doesn't belong anywhere near the above 3 if we count his accomplishments. But he does make things interesting for me. I've been longing for him to get a deserved midcard title push. I have low hopes about it but something is always better than nothing.

Honorable Mentions: Moose, Cody, Rosemary, Trevor Lee.

I've been a fan of TNA since day 1 when they were running PPVs weekly, but to be honest, I haven't been tuning in. The whole 'Broken' characters and deletion events turned me off and I gave Smackdown my viewership and haven't looked back. I intended to give it a chance once Jarrett's booking crew was back in charge as 2008-2012 TNA was some of the best wrestling out there, but what's the point? All of the guys I enjoyed - Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode, AJ Styles, Austin Aries, Sting, Kurt Angle - are all WWE/NXT guys now. Kazarian and Daniels, The Motor City Machine Guns, Kenny King, Jay Lethal are all in ROH. As much as I like EC3 and The Wolves (who are now feuding from what I've gathered), it's just not enough for me to tune in. The Billy Corgan era may have finally drove the final nail in the coffin of TNA. I don't know if they can rebound from this. One of TNA's staples was the X-Division and finding "diamonds in the rough" but WWE has basically cornered that market and anyone that gains a little bit of steam, they're bringing to NXT. I can't imagine TNA will exist much longer.

Eli Drake used to be my boy and I watched Impact mainly for him. And now that Storm has left the DCC, I plan to watch his career closely again.

But since Drake has taken a backseat on the mic, right now I mainly want to watch what the new regime has in store. I like the additions of Matt Morgan, Magnus, Santana. I'm looking forward to Gunner and Crimson as VOW(Veterans of War).

But hopefully they bring back Drake into the forefront.

As far as EC3, I only enjoy him when he's a heel.

A simple question. Which wrestlers make you tune in IMPACT Wrestling every week? Here's my list in order:

1. Ethan Carter III: The biggest star of IMPACT Wrestling currently. For me, no one in the whole roster comes close to him. He's the biggest reason I tune in IMPACT Wrestling almost every week now. He's good at every skill possible for a professional wrestler. Even better is that IMPACT Wrestling made him whatever he's today. A jobber in WWE and was turned into a star by IMPACT Wrestling.

2. Eli Drake: Rarely do I get impressed by someone's mic skills. Eli is one of the best mic workers in IMPACT Wrestling along with Ethan Carter III. He's not great in the ring but he's good enough. If you still don't like him, here's something for you:
WvNU9LIpLFxo5OaD7GfyQDN7PCTC9SYQ_qVBJusfbEqqmLdKUlUZJnnBOnXZ2lB0-8J6_DET=w480-h270-nc

3. Lashley: He ain't on the programming as much as a World Heavyweight Champion should since a couple of weeks, thanks to the battle of commentary. But he arguably did the best work of his career last year even capturing every singles title. He actually dominated the whole roster. Having the promotion's Match Of The Year as in against Ethan Carter III at Bound For Glory, he was an awesome champion.

4. Jesse Godderz: Yes. He doesn't belong anywhere near the above 3 if we count his accomplishments. But he does make things interesting for me. I've been longing for him to get a deserved midcard title push. I have low hopes about it but something is always better than nothing.

Honorable Mentions: Moose, Cody, Rosemary, Trevor Lee.

So, people are impressed with ECIII, are they?

My prediction:- Expect that they will put the title on him, push him to the moon, but when his next contract comes up, Impact will stuff him around, and not pay him what he is worth.

A couple of months later, while looking at NXT results, you see ECIII's name. It appears that Carter will join Samoa Joe, Eric Young, Robert Roode and a bunch of other former TNA names (including A.J. Styles) at WWE. Bank on it!

- Bobby Lashley: The best in TNA, imo. He carries himself like a champ, has excelled on the mic, and continues to put on some of the better matches in TNA.

- EC3: The "face of TNA" (at least for now) and never fails to entertain.

- DJZ: easily my favorite on the roster. He's one of the few x-division guys that stand out and he's always training to get better.

- Decay: I kind of hate how they are being used to put over the newer teams, but I understand why. Still one of the more entertaining tag teams that I watch in pro. wrestling.

- Jesse Godderz (and Robbie E): underrated. Jesse has improve immensely since his debut, and I feel like he's constantly being overlooked. He's a much better version of Chris Masters(/Adonis), who I fear will get a push over the more deserving, Jesse.

New crop/Returnees
- Crimson and Gunner(VOW): I was a fan of both and can't wait to see them back. Never saw them as upper talent, but a tag team between the two should be great. Hopefully one has learned to work the mic.

- LAX: What can I say, i'm a sucker for stables/factions. I loved LAX and am glad that they brought it back instead of using a similar idea and renaming it (ex, Chavo/Hernandez, Mexican America).

- Bobby Lashley: The best in TNA, imo. He carries himself like a champ, has excelled on the mic, and continues to put on some of the better matches in TNA.

- EC3: The "face of TNA" (at least for now) and never fails to entertain.

- DJZ: easily my favorite on the roster. He's one of the few x-division guys that stand out and he's always training to get better.

- Decay: I kind of hate how they are being used to put over the newer teams, but I understand why. Still one of the more entertaining tag teams that I watch in pro. wrestling.

- Jesse Godderz (and Robbie E): underrated. Jesse has improve immensely since his debut, and I feel like he's constantly being overlooked. He's a much better version of Chris Masters(/Adonis), who I fear will get a push over the more deserving, Jesse.

New crop/Returnees
- Crimson and Gunner(VOW): I was a fan of both and can't wait to see them back. Never saw them as upper talent, but a tag team between the two should be great. Hopefully one has learned to work the mic.

- LAX: What can I say, i'm a sucker for stables/factions. I loved LAX and am glad that they brought it back instead of using a similar idea and renaming it (ex, Chavo/Hernandez, Mexican America).

How many of these do you tip will be fighting in NXT within a year, when Impact refuse to pay them what they are worth, and they quit?

The sad thing is that most of the wrestlers that really made me want to tune in to impact every week or either gone from the company or push to that background because Jeff Jarett and company things that bring back old tired act and booking will help the company.

I was a fans of Eli Drake, the guy was really entertaining i saw a upper level star for Impact with him. I really wanted to see more of him but now, he'S pretty much in the jobber role on impact, he almost never gets promo time which was the best part of that character, so i stop caring about him.

Decay was another act that made me tune in, but again, they we're put in the jobber position in the tag team division and now with crazy steve leave for what it seem like WWE i lost another act that made me tune in.

Again maybe it just the way the booking is but i'm kinda still interested in Allie and braxton. Those guys are a bright spot in what as been a mediocre program since ANthem bought the company.

In the end, i was one of those that we're complaining a lot about dixie carter, especially in the end, but when i look at the last couple of months before she left and what jeff jarrett and company as done since anthem bought them, i miss Dixie and whoever was in charge of creative because back then, they had so many compelling characters and where looking into the future instead of the past like they are doing right now. When you had Maria, mike benett, Drew Galloway, the hardy's, allie, decay, Eli drake, lashley, EC3. All these guys we're making me tune in every week because of how compelling the character developpement were, now most of them are either in WWE or about to be and does that are left are just shell of what they we're a few months ago, even Lashley lost a lot of appeal to me since they twik his character and took away his promo time.

Usually, and specifically now, after the recent changes in the name of the promotion, I've been tuning in every week to Impact Wrestling to see if there are new Championship Title Belts. So I've been keeping an eye out for:

Lashley
Moose
The (new) Latin American Xchange
Low Ki
Rosemary

After this last weekend, I'm also now paying attention to:
Alberto El Patron
The (new) Latin American Xchange (again)
Cody
Sienna

So, people are impressed with ECIII, are they?

My prediction:- Expect that they will put the title on him, push him to the moon, but when his next contract comes up, Impact will stuff him around, and not pay him what he is worth.

A couple of months later, while looking at NXT results, you see ECIII's name. It appears that Carter will join Samoa Joe, Eric Young, Robert Roode and a bunch of other former TNA names (including A.J. Styles) at WWE. Bank on it!
I don't know why but I don't see Ethan Carter III coming back to WWE anytime soon. Maybe the bitter experiences of Carter in his past stint in WWE have something to do with it. Also, I don't think that even if he returns, that he'll retain "Ethan Carter III" name. No way WWE will refer any "Carter" out there. And I won't like a name change for him.

Moreover, IMPACT Wrestling suits Ethan Carter III a lot better and I would like him to continue here since he's one of few stars that IMPACT Wrestling can build their future on. IMPACT Wrestling shouldn't let go of Ethan Carter III at any cost. Just like letting go of Drew Galloway was a mistake.

Moose
The guy is not exactly a great talker, but has a great presence and is incredibly talented in the ring.

Eli Drake
I would have to agree with the comments about. He is incredible on the Mic and quite possibly the best in the business today.

EC3
Has given the fans a reason to keep watching over the last couple of years. Impact really need to do everything possible to keep hold of him.

Honorable Mentions

Trevor Lee
James Storm
Cody
Reno Scum

Who do I watch for?

KM - Been watching him in the Indies around here. Great wrestler and sensational talker

Moose - Great all around talent. Has a great presence in the ring

James Storm Helluva wrestler. Helluva talker. NXT should have offered him more money. Hey, Trips, sorry about your daaaamn luck.

LAX Good to see one of the best tag teams in the Northeast Indy scene getting the gig as LAX. As EYFBO, they were fun to watch. Now, with Konnan, LAX is just too good to miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back