Wrestlers you love but don't want them to join WWE!

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
The title says it all. Basically the professional wrestlers you love but don't want them to join WWE for some particular reasons.

Pentagon Dark: Awesome gimmick. Character is unique. There's a special aura around him. Very good in the ring as well. Plays his role very well.

Ethan Carter III: Great heel. Has improved a lot in the ring. Has been good on the mic since long. IMPACT Wrestling's one of fewer stars.

Don't know why but can't see them taste success in WWE if they ever join WWE.

Kota Ibushi and the Young Bucks.

I like what Bucks are doing now and what they mean to people. I don't picture their WWE debut going well. It wouldn't surprise me if they were brought in as something hot, and then floundered. Then faded out of any form of relevancy. Kind of like "The Club'. If WWE can't book something that is literally written for them properly god forbid they handle the Bucks. I probably wouldn't like them after they get signed, but I'd be glad to see them do whatever if they're happy with it. Especially if it provides them a wider fan base or audience.

Kota. If he wants to continue doing comedy pro-wrestling I'd rather him do something actually funny and not Nickelodeon humor. If he wants to do a serious match I want him to wrestle the best opponents and actually have a wrestling match. Most of the best workers right now are still not in WWE. NJPW would be preferable for more big Kota matches. I know some people watched the CWC and were sports entertained, but lack the ability to use google. That is good though, because if he did want to go to WWE (although he already turned down a deal) he can sports entertain the sports entertained WWE universe.

None really. I think that if your end goal isn't to be in wwe or nxt then why are you doing this for really.

I really would love to see guys like jay lethal, the bucks, eli drake, or even women's like rosemary and allie go to wwe just to see if they are able to adapt to the wwe style like some of the other indy stars we're able to do. Kota ibushi is another one that I would love to see in wwe. James storm could be a great veteran present in nxt.

Again, this might be a un popular opinion, but again if you're end goal as a wrestler isn't to make it to the big leagues which is either wwe or new japan then why are you doing this in the first place. So for me, I don't have a favorite wrestler that I dont want to see in wwe because at the end, I went to see them perform on the biggest platform imaginable and be successful.

Kenny Omega

With Sting and AJ Styles finally going to WWE there isn't really a 'big name' wrestler that hasn't been there. I know Kenny Omega is small fry in comparison to AJ and Sting but he's arguably the biggest name outside of WWE that has never wrestled there.

wrestlingmasters55 mentioned how if your goal isn't WWE or NJPW then what's the point. But Omega is in NJPW and if he can solidify himself there as a big name then he'll have the notoriety of being one of the big wrestler's to never work for WWE. I mean it's not like they haven't been interested. Everybody suspected he was going to turn up there earlier this year so he has value.

Kenny Omega

With Sting and AJ Styles finally going to WWE there isn't really a 'big name' wrestler that hasn't been there. I know Kenny Omega is small fry in comparison to AJ and Sting but he's arguably the biggest name outside of WWE that has never wrestled there.

wrestlingmasters55 mentioned how if your goal isn't WWE or NJPW then what's the point. But Omega is in NJPW and if he can solidify himself there as a big name then he'll have the notoriety of being one of the big wrestler's to never work for WWE. I mean it's not like they haven't been interested. Everybody suspected he was going to turn up there earlier this year so he has value.
That's another one for me. But a little hope resisted me to add his name.

I was very happy when there were rumors of Omega coming to WWE. Most importantly, because I would get to see him more easily. That's sort of mean on me but WWE is more feasible to me. Another reason was a dream match between him and AJ Styles. But as I thought more about it, I was more glad to have him continue in NJPW.

If Omega would've joined WWE, I can't really see him going to main event scene. Not because there's lack of talent. But because it's Vince. Heck, Omega isn't even a IWGP World Heavyweight Champion as of now. Winning that would surely help him. Still, I'm not sure after how Gallows-Anderson were booked.

Honestly I'm more concerned with stars in NXT joining the main roster. I find that particular stars that jump straight to the main roster from another promotion usually find success: AJ Styles is a very prominent name here. But particular stars absolutely light it up in NXT and then suffer on the main roster. There's plenty of examples and we all know who those kind of guys are. Someone like Sami Zayn pops to mind instantly. I'm not really sure what happened there. Bayley is a brilliant example too. She's been seriously mishandled and suffered a lot from it, especially when you consider her success in NXT. So from that point of view, I'd be more concerned with how WWE translates a star's success in NXT to the main roster.

If I had to pick somebody outside of WWE, I would probably pick two guys and say The Young Bucks. They're a great tag team and WWE are in desperate need of them from my perspective. In theory you would think that would benefit an incoming team like Young Bucks, but we've also seen examples of where stars have joined from other promotions and gone nowhere. Plus, outside of the Hardy Boyz, there's been no real progression of the division. I'd fear that they would either get totally exposed as the only tag team to rely on, or lost in the shuffle that is the tag team divison.

This doesn't really make any sense to me. The WWE is the biggest wrestling federation in the world. If you are a fan of someone wouldn't you want to see them succeed on the biggest stage possible? Ask any wrestler on the planet and if they are truly honest in their response then I bet deep down ANY of them would dream of scoring a big victory at Wrestlemania some day if they have yet to do so. I get it that there are fans who prefer other federations. However WWE is bigger than TNA, ROH, Lucha Underground, and more. Just because someone is a big deal somewhere else doesn't mean they will ruin their career by going from a smaller organization to one as large as the WWE.

AJ Styles would be the perfect example. I remember as far back as 8 years ago hearing about fans wanting to see dream matches between Styles and guys like Cena, while others said he is better off staying in TNA since he would never get anywhere if he went to the WWE. Well, never say never. Not only did he have a memorable debut but he did compete in that dream feud with Cena, and he won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. His popularity further increased. If it can happen for AJ Styles who at one point was the John Cena of TNA, then it can happen to anyone. Having wrestlers that you do NOT want to see in the WWE one day is honestly a bit silly to me.

None really. I think that if your end goal isn't to be in wwe or nxt then why are you doing this for really.

I really would love to see guys like jay lethal, the bucks, eli drake, or even women's like rosemary and allie go to wwe just to see if they are able to adapt to the wwe style like some of the other indy stars we're able to do. Kota ibushi is another one that I would love to see in wwe. James storm could be a great veteran present in nxt.

Again, this might be a un popular opinion, but again if you're end goal as a wrestler isn't to make it to the big leagues which is either wwe or new japan then why are you doing this in the first place. So for me, I don't have a favorite wrestler that I dont want to see in wwe because at the end, I went to see them perform on the biggest platform imaginable and be successful.
I think that you misunderstood the OP.

What I intended to ask was wrestlers you like. But you won't want them to join WWE because they won't be booked rightly or their appeal won't cater to WWE audience. Or any other particular reason.

This doesn't really make any sense to me. The WWE is the biggest wrestling federation in the world. If you are a fan of someone wouldn't you want to see them succeed on the biggest stage possible? Ask any wrestler on the planet and if they are truly honest in their response then I bet deep down ANY of them would dream of scoring a big victory at Wrestlemania some day if they have yet to do so. I get it that there are fans who prefer other federations. However WWE is bigger than TNA, ROH, Lucha Underground, and more. Just because someone is a big deal somewhere else doesn't mean they will ruin their career by going from a smaller organization to one as large as the WWE.

AJ Styles would be the perfect example. I remember as far back as 8 years ago hearing about fans wanting to see dream matches between Styles and guys like Cena, while others said he is better off staying in TNA since he would never get anywhere if he went to the WWE. Well, never say never. Not only did he have a memorable debut but he did compete in that dream feud with Cena, and he won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. His popularity further increased. If it can happen for AJ Styles who at one point was the John Cena of TNA, then it can happen to anyone. Having wrestlers that you do NOT want to see in the WWE one day is honestly a bit silly to me.
You misunderstood it as well.

What I intended to ask was which favorite non-WWE wrestlers would you like to not join WWE. Because you think that they won't be work as well as in the current wrestling promotions. Pentagon Dark may become the top champion in Lucha Underground but I don't expect him to be even a significant wrestler in WWE, let alone the top champion. That's what I meant.

You misunderstood it as well.

What I intended to ask was which favorite non-WWE wrestlers would you like to not join WWE. Because you think that they won't be work as well as in the current wrestling promotions. Pentagon Dark may become the top champion in Lucha Underground but I don't expect him to be even a significant wrestler in WWE, let alone the top champion. That's what I meant.

No I did not misunderstand it and neither did wrestlingmasters55. Again, like I said in my other post. Just look at AJ Styles. If he can show up in the WWE and have a dream feud with Cena as well as win the World Heavyweight Championship, then the scenario of showing up and not having the booking "ruin" them can happen with any other wrestler. In my opinion a fan should want to see their favorites succeed in the biggest way possible. The WWE is the biggest wrestling federation there is. Period. Until another fed becomes a bigger deal than the WWE then it would remain as the ideal goal for a wrestler to want to compete there and win at Wrestlemania some day. There is literally no one in the entire wrestling industry who I would not want to see in the WWE for that reason. Name any top star from TNA, ROH, Lucha Underground, New Japan, and any other fed and I would still tell you I would want to see them in WWE at some point in time. You can worry about how they are booked just as many others did, but again.... AJ Styles did it and was fine. This topic is silly but I said my piece and we can agree to disagree.

No I did not misunderstand it and neither did wrestlingmasters55. Again, like I said in my other post. Just look at AJ Styles. If he can show up in the WWE and have a dream feud with Cena as well as win the World Heavyweight Championship, then the scenario of showing up and not having the booking "ruin" them can happen with any other wrestler. In my opinion a fan should want to see their favorites succeed in the biggest way possible. The WWE is the biggest wrestling federation there is. Period. Until another fed becomes a bigger deal than the WWE then it would remain as the ideal goal for a wrestler to want to compete there and win at Wrestlemania some day. There is literally no one in the entire wrestling industry who I would not want to see in the WWE for that reason. Name any top star from TNA, ROH, Lucha Underground, New Japan, and any other fed and I would still tell you I would want to see them in WWE at some point in time. You can worry about how they are booked just as many others did, but again.... AJ Styles did it and was fine. This topic is silly but I said my piece and we can agree to disagree.
I agree about AJ Styles. I don't know if you know what Pentagon Dark is all about though. He's a masked wrestler. His gimmick is more pain and fearless related. If he ever joins WWE, he would likely be going to Cruiserweight Division which I certainly won't like.

It's nowhere about WWE being the ideal promotion for any wrestler. That's another topic to discuss. And I agree that WWE is the ideal promotion. But for some wrestlers, their current promotion suits them much better in every way.

Honestly I'm more concerned with stars in NXT joining the main roster. I find that particular stars that jump straight to the main roster from another promotion usually find success: AJ Styles is a very prominent name here. But particular stars absolutely light it up in NXT and then suffer on the main roster. There's plenty of examples and we all know who those kind of guys are. Someone like Sami Zayn pops to mind instantly. I'm not really sure what happened there. Bayley is a brilliant example too. She's been seriously mishandled and suffered a lot from it, especially when you consider her success in NXT. So from that point of view, I'd be more concerned with how WWE translates a star's success in NXT to the main roster.

The success stories of NXT far outweigh the failures. Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns, Owens, Balor, Charlotte, Sasha, Becky, Enzo, Big Cass, Big E, etc. have all become significant players, among the most over acts on the roster or a combination of both. Besides, not everyone who comes up from NXT is gonna be a major star; that's not to say that I don't think WWE makes wrong decisions in who to push sometimes, because we all know they certainly do, but so does every other company. As far as wrestlers who're misused, I think we often times gravely overestimate whenever we say a wrestler is damaged or misused. Whatever problem's are plaguing Bayley, for instance, can be easily remedied within a few weeks.

If I had to pick somebody outside of WWE, I would probably pick two guys and say The Young Bucks. They're a great tag team and WWE are in desperate need of them from my perspective. In theory you would think that would benefit an incoming team like Young Bucks, but we've also seen examples of where stars have joined from other promotions and gone nowhere. Plus, outside of the Hardy Boyz, there's been no real progression of the division. I'd fear that they would either get totally exposed as the only tag team to rely on, or lost in the shuffle that is the tag team divison.

I don't see the Bucks clicking in WWE. They've spent the last several years cultivating their image, their personas, their moves and everything about themselves as the ultimate indy wrestlers. For people who like the Bucks, a lot of fans will point at them and say that they represent what's best about indy wrestling while others say they represent what's worst about indy wrestling. I think WWE may have hamstrung itself when it comes to its tag teams by not keeping it as one big division. The Hardy Boyz, Sheamus & Cesaro, Gallows & Anderson, American Alpha, the Usos, Enzo & Big Cass, the Revival and a few others as one big division would give WWE, quite possibly, the overall strongest tag team division in its history.

The success stories of NXT far outweigh the failures. Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns, Owens, Balor, Charlotte, Sasha, Becky, Enzo, Big Cass, Big E, etc. have all become significant players, among the most over acts on the roster or a combination of both. Besides, not everyone who comes up from NXT is gonna be a major star; that's not to say that I don't think WWE makes wrong decisions in who to push sometimes, because we all know they certainly do, but so does every other company. As far as wrestlers who're misused, I think we often times gravely overestimate whenever we say a wrestler is damaged or misused. Whatever problem's are plaguing Bayley, for instance, can be easily remedied within a few weeks.

I don't see the Bucks clicking in WWE. They've spent the last several years cultivating their image, their personas, their moves and everything about themselves as the ultimate indy wrestlers. For people who like the Bucks, a lot of fans will point at them and say that they represent what's best about indy wrestling while others say they represent what's worst about indy wrestling. I think WWE may have hamstrung itself when it comes to its tag teams by not keeping it as one big division. The Hardy Boyz, Sheamus & Cesaro, Gallows & Anderson, American Alpha, the Usos, Enzo & Big Cass, the Revival and a few others as one big division would give WWE, quite possibly, the overall strongest tag team division in its history.

I agree that there have been some great success stories coming out of NXT, which is ultimately why I'd be more concerned with those graduating from NXT and to the main roster. Fans care a lot for these guys and in many cases more so than when guys have completely switched companies before. Hence, I think it should be more of a concern here because the attention given to how WWE handles these graduates is so great. Having said that, you are right, more often than not, WWE does get it right. Some guys naturally won't translate well either and I understand that.

I also agree a lot with what you say about Young Bucks. Ultimately, I feel right now that it truly is a case of WWE needing them more than they need WWE. They have talented teams thinly spread.

EC III had a run in NXT. He was nothing special there. He really didn't break out until he went to Impact.

For whatever reason he just didn't thrive there. I doubt he would get a decent push if he ever came back. At most he would go back to NXT and maybe win the championship there.

The Young Bucks probably wouldn't work well in WWE anyway. There's not enough freedom there and they wouldn't be able to rely on using crotch chops and Outsiders taunts. Plus their attitudes would hold them back.

As far as the subject of the post there's no one that comes to mind.

I would say... Everyone? I was watching judt PPV's on the Network for a couple of years, but after Mania 33 which was very disappointing I cancelled the Network and lost interest in WWE completely. NXT was amazing but I haven't watched it at all this year. It frustrates me, because WWE has the better roster on paper. WM33 should've been the most amazing show but it was too long and too crap.

Of course as a fan I know I'm in the minority, but I Justine the New Japan product so much more interesting. I hope none of their talent leaves, but of course I know that's unrealistic. They should do what they feel is best for them.

Off the top of my head, nobody really springs to mind. I'm sort of straddling the fence a bit because I can see both sides of an argument and both have valid points.

On one hand, WWE is the biggest, most well known promotion out there and that's not likely to change anytime soon. It's the biggest stage there is in all of pro wrestling and I think it's a natural instinct for fans to want to see talented guys get a chance to shine on that stage. On the other hand, I can understand the perspective some fans and wrestlers have in staying on the indy scene or with New Japan; if they're making a good living and are emotionally satisfied, then it makes complete sense for them to keep on keepin' on.

As a fan, I do think that WWE is too corporate at times. I feel that Vince McMahon is so concerned with the cosmetic image of the company that it hamstrings the company's creative capabilities at times. As a result, that can chafe some wrestlers the wrong way. I also believe that there's a middle ground that can be attained with WWE still being the huge money machine that it is without having to limit its creative process so much.

However, I'm sure that Vince himself would probably say something along the lines of "Well, my company is making more money than ever before. Last year alone, my company's revnue was almost 30 times what the next biggest sports entertainment company took in. My company's streaming service has over 2 million subscribers, 40 times the subscribers of the next biggest sports entertainment company's streaming service." And, truth be told, I wouldn't have any real sort of rebuttal because he'd be absolutely right as it's hard to argue against sheer numbers. There are obviously a lot of people who ultimately truly, truly enjoy what WWE is doing and how they're doing it.

Like ShinShan, I'd say Pentagon. He's one of the reasons that I watch LU. I'd hate to think that his style would be toned down if he were to migrate up north, or worse, end up like Sin Cara. Right now he's like Stone Cold of LU, and it's hard to fathom WWE going back into that well again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back